Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Down

Author Topic: A STRANGE EXCITEMENT IN THE AIR  (Read 8029 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
A STRANGE EXCITEMENT IN THE AIR
« on: December 14, 2011, 12:26:06 AM »

Well, you've read the notes, the notes had a strange excitement and smelled, and now it is time for you to post until the smelly cows come home.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
Re: A STRANGE EXCITEMENT IN THE AIR
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2011, 12:27:00 AM »

And the word of the day is: CORTEGE!

Michael

« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2011, 03:41:23 AM »

Good morning to all
Never stop dreaming.

Michael

« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2011, 03:52:41 AM »

Sometimes the "like" button on Facebook is used in my opinion in poor taste. I am sure they didn't mean that way, but it sure looked like it at first. DR MBarnum posted that Susan Gordon had passed and his remembrances of the time they knew each other, At least two peopled "liked" the posting, but it seems to me that it makes it look like that they liked that Susan had died. Maybe I'm being over sensative, but couldn't they have just posted something instead?
Never stop dreaming.

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2011, 04:26:29 AM »

Good morning, all.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2011, 04:27:24 AM »

Sometimes the "like" button on Facebook is used in my opinion in poor taste. I am sure they didn't mean that way, but it sure looked like it at first. DR MBarnum posted that Susan Gordon had passed and his remembrances of the time they knew each other, At least two peopled "liked" the posting, but it seems to me that it makes it look like that they liked that Susan had died. Maybe I'm being over sensative, but couldn't they have just posted something instead?
I agree with you. I find it tacky. But is there another way to register sympathy and not leave a message?
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

ArnoldMBrockman

• so many possibilities
« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2011, 04:37:34 AM »

And the word of the day is: CORTEGE!

And The Song Of The Day Is:  A PARADE IN TOWN

Doug R

« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2011, 05:48:32 AM »

Gee I feel rough today. Must be that terrible steak I had last night - or too much beer to go with it!

FJL

« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2011, 05:56:46 AM »

The season's not feeling so much like Christmas season this year.  I'm not sure why.

FJL

« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2011, 05:57:06 AM »

Maybe it'll kick in next week.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #10 on: December 14, 2011, 06:15:13 AM »

Good morning, all! I slept late. Around 3AM, I had terrible indigestion and needed to take some meds, I then had a long dream involving my being on a theatre tour with a young Judi Dench, Tom Conti, a long walk and a stop for refreshments. There was a taxi ride, too.

I am a bit melancholic today: this would have been my dad's 90th birthday. He's been dead for four years, but so much has happened in my life since Feb 2007 that it seems forty years ago.

Today, I have plenty of work here: DEAREST ENEMY, ROBERTA scores to be assembled - this job will go on for several weeks! - and a lot of German lyrics for the Victor Herbert lieder waiting for diacritical markings.

Hopefully my last invoice check will arrive today and I can finish my Christmas shopping.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #11 on: December 14, 2011, 06:20:32 AM »

Christmas vibes for DR FJL.

Happier vibes for DR ELMORE.....remember that this is the year the wonderful Appalachian Christmas was produced!!!
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #12 on: December 14, 2011, 06:21:27 AM »

I remember Karma.....and the people that definitely did use it negatively and then DENIED that they did.....none of whom are around anymore.....at least as active posters....BUT I REMEMBER WHO YOU ARE.

Laura

« Reply #13 on: December 14, 2011, 06:23:33 AM »

Dear BK,
I have had that Mac spinning thing since the first time I turned on this computer. I have always complained about it and wondered what in the world everyone was raving about when they talked about Macs.     
"That's a lotta hamsters."

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #14 on: December 14, 2011, 06:31:03 AM »

Those of us who use PCs never have to deal with your little spinning Mac thing.

(We have little Windows spinning things to deal with instead).
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #15 on: December 14, 2011, 06:54:46 AM »

Christmas vibes for DR FJL.

Happier vibes for DR ELMORE.....remember that this is the year the wonderful Appalachian Christmas was produced!!!

Thanks, DR JRand61! We've got production meetings a week from Friday, so let's hope the Appalachian Christmas stays wonderful and makes a lot of folk happy next Christmas!
« Last Edit: December 14, 2011, 07:12:51 AM by elmore3003 »
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #16 on: December 14, 2011, 07:09:57 AM »

I'm up and will be on my way to the Cinerama Dome shortly.  I was so tired when writing the notes that I got the time wrong.

JMK

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #18 on: December 14, 2011, 07:15:47 AM »

Well, my day's already undergoing change: my letter of permissions from Rodgers & Hammerstein has arrived, so I can go to the NYPL and have photocopies made of the scores for "The Pipes of Pansy." I'll get there at noon, put in the request and pick the copies up on Friday.

Druxy

• druxmanworks.com
« Reply #19 on: December 14, 2011, 07:15:57 AM »

This is sort of a first for me:

Aside from THE HELP, which I watched last week on DVD, and MIDNIGHT IN PARIS, which I have and I'll probably watch tonight, I have not seen any of the movies that are in contention for this year's Oscars.

:o

[I'm avoiding THE TREE OF LIFE because, I'm told, as beautiful as it may be visually, it's really very boring to sit through.]

I don't go to movie theaters any more, and, frankly, I'm in no hurry to see these pictures.  I can wait for the DVDs.

:o

I guess that's what happens when you leave Los Angeles.  I will have been in Austin for 3 years this coming April.

:-\
You can dream…or you can do.

Doug R

« Reply #20 on: December 14, 2011, 07:24:22 AM »

It'll be interesting to know what this 70mm footage is. Holiday in Spain didn’t open in London in Cinerama until 1966. I didn’t see it because I was working away from London at the time and it only played for a few weeks.

JMK

« Reply #21 on: December 14, 2011, 07:25:18 AM »

"The Pipes of Pansy."

I must assume this is the sequel to Chee-Chee.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #22 on: December 14, 2011, 07:32:01 AM »

"The Pipes of Pansy."

You're old enough to know what happens to those who assume. "The Pipes of Pansy" did not end up in CHEE-CHEE, although it could have. It was a song that Rodgers & Hart tried to put into the scores for at least four shows - SHE'S MY BABY, DEAREST ENEMY, PEGGY-ANN, and THE GIRL FRIEND - and only out-of-yown audiences ever heard it. I don't think the song's ever been recorded.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #23 on: December 14, 2011, 07:43:21 AM »

I will be most interested to hear MR BK's report on what transpires at the Cinerama Dome.

JMK

« Reply #24 on: December 14, 2011, 07:59:15 AM »

"The Pipes of Pansy."

You're old enough to know what happens to those who assume. "The Pipes of Pansy" did not end up in CHEE-CHEE, although it could have. It was a song that Rodgers & Hart tried to put into the scores for at least four shows - SHE'S MY BABY, DEAREST ENEMY, PEGGY-ANN, and THE GIRL FRIEND - and only out-of-yown audiences ever heard it. I don't think the song's ever been recorded.

This was another of my brilliant attempts at humor.  Castration.  Pansy.  Get it?

Ginny

« Reply #25 on: December 14, 2011, 08:18:35 AM »

Wednesday morning greetings!  I slept past 10am, which is very late for me.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ginny

« Reply #26 on: December 14, 2011, 08:20:39 AM »

BK, have you tried going under the Safari menu and emptying the cache?  Also, so you clear your history frequently?  I find doing both of those things reduces the frequency of the spinning beachball.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ginny

« Reply #27 on: December 14, 2011, 08:25:04 AM »

DR Elmore - I hope your fond memories of your Dad sustain you today.  {{{{{Hugs}}}}}

Doug R

« Reply #28 on: December 14, 2011, 08:28:05 AM »

Wednesday morning greetings!  I slept past 10am, which is very late for me.

I wish I had slept past 10am. I could have avoided several hours of my hangover.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #29 on: December 14, 2011, 08:45:06 AM »

"The Pipes of Pansy."

This was another of my brilliant attempts at humor.  Castration.  Pansy.  Get it?

One's a surgical prcedure, the other's slang or a slur term for a less-than-masculine-appearing man. Don't get it.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2011, 08:46:42 AM by elmore3003 »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Up