Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7   Go Down

Author Topic: THE BIG SCARE  (Read 11297 times)

Kerry

Re: THE BIG SCARE
« Reply #30 on: January 06, 2012, 05:59:36 AM »

Vibes, oh yes, VIBES, to all!
I like boat races.

Kerry

« Reply #31 on: January 06, 2012, 05:59:58 AM »

Page 2 dance just chock full of vibes.
I like boat races.

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #32 on: January 06, 2012, 06:03:07 AM »

DR ELMORE the Dream-O-Matic 6000 says that you are likely to hear from someone from your past in the next three days....probably tomorrow....and that it will be a mixed message.

You are also likely to receive a job offer that is a little off the beaten path, but it is one that you should seriously consider. 

Travel may be involved in both cases.

DR JRand61, wow! That's all quite exciting. I wonder who it will be.

DR Laura, it sees to me that, rather than pay Jungledisk $3.00/moth, buying an external hard drive for a set amount would set you up for life.

Well, the advantage of "cloud" storage such as Jungledisk is that your files are archived outside of your home so that, in the case of a fire etc., your files are safe.  Also, your stuff is accessable anywhere without toting around an external drive.
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #33 on: January 06, 2012, 06:06:39 AM »

There is nothing but decaf coffee in our office this morning so I am saying the hell with everything around here!
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Laura

« Reply #34 on: January 06, 2012, 06:12:45 AM »

Well, I did buy one of those external things, and guess what. The computers quit recognizing it one day.

My son put Jungledisk on all the computers I use, so I can take minutes on one computer and access them on another.
"The last time those pirates were here, they stole our honey, and we had to eat unsweetened yogurt for a week!"
                                                                -- Tiger Lily

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #35 on: January 06, 2012, 06:13:40 AM »

MEdia Check:

DVR:  the String Band portion of this past New Year's Day's Mummers Parade

CD:  I don't have it yet, but I've heard a bit of Amy Whinehouse's posthumously released CD and I liked it.  I need to pick this up this weekend.

DVD: MIDNIGHT IN PARIS
-- Anaïs Nin

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #36 on: January 06, 2012, 06:27:04 AM »

Good Morning!

I'm up, I'm up... And we're all about to have breakfast.
Make Your Own Luck.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #37 on: January 06, 2012, 06:34:12 AM »

I'm off to City Center.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #38 on: January 06, 2012, 06:35:11 AM »

TOD:

MP3 -- Eubie Blake's piano rolls, La Chiusa's "Wild Party"

DVD -- Finishing "That's Entertainment," "Port of Shadows"

That may be more than I have time for.

Having actually seen the mercifully short run of THE WILD PARTY, I can only say that you are a braver man than I. It was one of the more putrid theatrical events I've seen in this lifetime.
I cannot stand Mandy Patinkin on the recording, but I do love Toni Collette and I love some of the supporting cast. It's way too episodic to work, but studying why it doesn't (beyond Patinkin) is actually kind of fascinating. It would have been a good concept musical but it was too literal, not as dreamy as the poem and a little too caught up in its own precious pansexuality to be as sexual as it needed to be.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

Doug R

« Reply #39 on: January 06, 2012, 06:36:36 AM »

I've repaired the fence but it's no more than a temporary job because the concrete posts are breaking away, so I'll have to replace those at some time.

John G.

« Reply #40 on: January 06, 2012, 06:41:07 AM »

Great Filichia on Friday. Loved the notes on Hugh Martin. Got that recording for Christmas. And the Sondheim came in the mail yesterday.

Elmore, you saw "The Road to Qatar" and know Stephen Cole. What do you think of that score?
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #41 on: January 06, 2012, 06:41:56 AM »

On a related note...

My uncle and his family have been in San Jose, CA, for the past three weeks. They're still on California/West Coast time. My Dad started making breakfast for everyone around 7:30 this morning. Of course, no one came down for breakfast until around 9:00. -And I suspect they'll all be taking naps later this afternoon.

*And I was amazed at how "loud" my mom can set a table. clang, clang, clang went the dishes
Make Your Own Luck.

John G.

« Reply #42 on: January 06, 2012, 06:42:45 AM »

I've repaired the fence but it's no more than a temporary job because the concrete posts are breaking away, so I'll have to replace those at some time.
I'm facing the same problem with the gate to my backyard. Don't want to have to dig up concrete.
― Voltaire

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #43 on: January 06, 2012, 06:43:02 AM »

DR elmore - If you're still here, did you catch my question yesterday about the Merrily orchestrations?
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #44 on: January 06, 2012, 06:44:14 AM »

DR John G - ~~~~~GOOD HEALTH VIBES TO YOU~~~~~
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #45 on: January 06, 2012, 06:44:57 AM »

As for the Friday Media Check...

Well...

Does a Kawai Baby Grand count as a "media"? ::)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #46 on: January 06, 2012, 06:55:16 AM »

And on a related relative note...

My uncle's wife (is "aunt" the proper term ??? - I really don't know (I'm still sleepy ;) ) is still coughing up a storm, and now my uncle is a bit sniffly. I hope they understand if I'd rather not spend the day driving around in a car with them seeing the sights of Richmond. :-\
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #47 on: January 06, 2012, 07:03:59 AM »

This is quite entertaining and informative:

Dubbing Through the Decades
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #48 on: January 06, 2012, 07:18:26 AM »

Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #49 on: January 06, 2012, 07:32:50 AM »

If there ever was a reason for DR MBarnum to pay another visit to New York City...

Singing Hindi in the Rain - “Raj Kapoor and the Golden Age of Indian Cinema”
Make Your Own Luck.

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #50 on: January 06, 2012, 07:35:45 AM »

A somewhat well known NYC theatah professional (and Tony nominee) with whom I worked once shared with me that he had done some private readings with LaChiusa and felt "dirty" afterwards.  :)
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #51 on: January 06, 2012, 07:36:56 AM »

And now...

The softer side of actor, Michael Shannon...

Adorable Things

;D
Make Your Own Luck.

Doug R

« Reply #52 on: January 06, 2012, 07:43:58 AM »

This is quite entertaining and informative:

Dubbing Through the Decades

What a fantastic compilation!

John G.

« Reply #53 on: January 06, 2012, 07:45:25 AM »

A somewhat well known NYC theatah professional (and Tony nominee) with whom I worked once shared with me that he had done some private readings with LaChiusa and felt "dirty" afterwards.  :)
I don't doubt it. But it all seems like dirty talk rather than actual dirt. And the music is played at all these tempi that seem too coked up to be sensual.  
― Voltaire

Ginny

« Reply #54 on: January 06, 2012, 07:45:55 AM »

Epiphany morning greetings!  While I know this is a significant day in the liturgical calendar, what I'm celebrating is the fact that I can now begin packing away the Christmas decor - well, tomorrow, anyway.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #55 on: January 06, 2012, 07:59:22 AM »

I don't doubt it. But it all seems like dirty talk rather than actual dirt. And the music is played at all these tempi that seem too coked up to be sensual.  

My inference from this person's comments was that it was the "musical" content (or lack thereof) that made him feel less than clean.   ;D
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

John G.

« Reply #56 on: January 06, 2012, 08:07:17 AM »

My inference from this person's comments was that it was the "musical" content (or lack thereof) that made him feel less than clean.   ;D
And yet, the most I listen to it, the more I like the music. But, then again, I like a lot of La Chiusa music. Some of it seems too hastily written and in need of a good polish, but there are always moments that just surprise me.
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #57 on: January 06, 2012, 08:07:56 AM »

Yes, Ginny, happy 12th day of Christmas. Happy Three Kings Day, all.
― Voltaire

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #58 on: January 06, 2012, 08:16:32 AM »

And yet, the most I listen to it, the more I like the music. But, then again, I like a lot of La Chiusa music. Some of it seems too hastily written and in need of a good polish, but there are always moments that just surprise me.

Marie Christine does have some lovely moments. -And I still being surprised at myself when I found myself crying during the second act of See What I Wanna See: Mary Testa singing "There Will Be A Miracle" - WOW!
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #59 on: January 06, 2012, 08:30:35 AM »

And now that my parents and relatives have left the house for a few hours, I think I'll take advantage of the "me time" to get some stuff packed up.

Laters...
Make Your Own Luck.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7   Go Up