Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7   Go Down

Author Topic: HIE MYSELF  (Read 29515 times)

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
Re:HIE MYSELF
« Reply #60 on: June 12, 2004, 02:36:42 PM »

And one for Mahler!
« Last Edit: June 12, 2004, 02:38:29 PM by George »
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Panni

• What are men for -- if not to amuse a woman!
« Reply #61 on: June 12, 2004, 02:37:13 PM »

CHEERLEADING FOR POSTS!

Panni

« Reply #62 on: June 12, 2004, 02:39:31 PM »

HURRAY FOR PAGE THREE! The cheerleading will also serve as the Page Three Dance - unless someone has the urge to dance. In which case, for for it!

Good TRAVEL VIBES and JOB VIBES to JMK and family!!!

George

« Reply #63 on: June 12, 2004, 02:40:49 PM »

And here's another post:
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Jason

« Reply #64 on: June 12, 2004, 02:41:55 PM »

Mein Gott in Himmel...this is my six-hundreth post! Geez-o-man.

All this talk of Hamburger Helper and canned spaghetti sauce is making me extremely hungry. I like to use Prego 'Meat' flavored sauce and mix it with Prego 'Three Cheese' flavored sauce. It's yummy. And I always, always, always add about twice more meat than they recommend. I love a meaty meat sauce.

I just finished unpacking my purchases from IKEA. I re-framed four show posters in their new frames and put some 'new' ones in the old frames. Now I just have to finish hanging them. Ugh. It's not easy relocating four big picture frames in a small apartment in an attractive fashion.

I got a new frame today, too, that holds three 5x7 photos. I thought it held three 4x6 photos. I don't HAVE any 5x7 photos! So instead I framed some Playbills. I went with a color scheme--blue. It turned out quite well. I'll take a picture of it and post it later... The only problem...? The stupid glass broke! I couldn't get the hooks attached and while I was struggling with them, the stupid glass cracked right down the center. Luckily I only spent $10 on said frame, but still! Geez-o-man!

I haven't decided where I'm going to put the Blue Playbills...I'm running out of wall space!

I also managed to stuff both of the underbed storage containers that I got, and now I have one and a half empty tubs left that I can fill with junk! Woohoo! So little space...so much crap.

George

« Reply #65 on: June 12, 2004, 02:42:22 PM »

Okay, last one.  Post and rail:

Jason

« Reply #66 on: June 12, 2004, 02:43:39 PM »

George: That last picture looks like Kentucky...

George

« Reply #67 on: June 12, 2004, 02:50:36 PM »

George: That last picture looks like Kentucky...

I don't know where the picture was taken.  I got it from the website that I linked in the word "one" when I wrote "And one for Mahler!" at the top of this page.

Well, my sister has called and I have to leave.  Keep the home fries burning and keep posting!  Post those Posts!!
« Last Edit: June 12, 2004, 02:51:30 PM by George »

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #68 on: June 12, 2004, 02:51:26 PM »

Great posts George.

George

« Reply #69 on: June 12, 2004, 02:52:07 PM »

Thanks, Jane. ;D

Jane

« Reply #70 on: June 12, 2004, 02:53:08 PM »

I'm home now I need to change out of my nursing home clothes before my son arrives.  I preferr to hug him in clothes that are more likey to be germ free.

Robin

« Reply #71 on: June 12, 2004, 02:57:08 PM »

Saturdays are almost always movie days for Michael and myself.  Today, we saw both the remake of The Stepford Wives, which I definitely did not care for, and Saved!, which is darned close to being brilliant.  

Later tonight, we're watching the two deeveedees we picked up today, The President's Analyst and The Day of the Locust.  I really liked both of these movies when I first saw them, but it's been many years since then, so whether or not they hold up is up in the air....
Mankind needs God...like fish need bicycles!

Robin

« Reply #72 on: June 12, 2004, 03:00:03 PM »

Oh, and by the way, Jane m'dear:

I'm, like, the biggest sci-fi geek in the world.  Okay, maybe not the biggest, since I've never seen the Stargate teevee show, but I'm still pretty damned big.  

Uhhh....mebbe I should re-phrase that last phrase.  Oh, the heck with it.  

« Last Edit: June 12, 2004, 03:03:20 PM by Robin »

Robin

« Reply #73 on: June 12, 2004, 03:02:30 PM »

Oh, and Der Brucer:

I'd love to put chicken livers in an omelet.  But then, Micheal wouldn't touch it.  

But who's to say every omelet must be shared?  

Robin

« Reply #74 on: June 12, 2004, 03:04:22 PM »

I should star in my own one-man Broadway show.  I could call it:

I am My Own POSTING FRENZY!!!

Jason

« Reply #75 on: June 12, 2004, 03:13:56 PM »

Here are the Playbills in their blue period.

Panni

« Reply #76 on: June 12, 2004, 03:26:39 PM »

I second jane... Great posts, George.

Jason - If you got the broken picture frame at IKEA, I bet they'd exchange it for you. When something like that happens to me I always say, "Gee, I was just trying to put in the picture (pot the plant/wash the dish/ whatever) and it cracked. That's NOT supposed to happen." (blink, blink)
You might want to skip the blink-blink, but I bet the rest would work just fine for you. $10. is $10.

Jason

« Reply #77 on: June 12, 2004, 03:34:23 PM »

Panni...I don't have the time or the patience to go back to New Jersey and stand in line for hours at IKEA. It's too much of a hassle. I'm sure I could exchange it, but the fact is, I broke the dumb thing after I got it home...and I know that IKEA products are notoriously breakable. No big deal...just a little frustration.

Tomovoz

« Reply #78 on: June 12, 2004, 03:43:18 PM »

Had my second virus laden (but destroyed) email this morning. It was Purported to be from a Hainsie with whom I have never communicated by email so my address book is not just being used to select a name at random. DR Jay has had similar problems. Is this happening to anyone else on the board? I don't think my email contact is available through my profile.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Jane

« Reply #79 on: June 12, 2004, 04:02:21 PM »

Oh, and by the way, Jane m'dear:

I'm, like, the biggest sci-fi geek in the world.  Okay, maybe not the biggest, since I've never seen the Stargate teevee show, but I'm still pretty damned big.  

Uhhh....mebbe I should re-phrase that last phrase.  Oh, the heck with it.  

Then you must rent the DVDs and watch the show from the beginning.  Then if you are like us you will get hooked and have to catch all the reruns until you are up to date.   :)

Panni

« Reply #80 on: June 12, 2004, 04:09:46 PM »

Tomovoz - You've convinced me to remove my email address from my Profile.

Panni

« Reply #81 on: June 12, 2004, 04:15:17 PM »

I've done some Google research on Mono. It's surprising how prevalent it still is - especially among college students. Any experience with Mono out there - either personally or kids or friends?

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #82 on: June 12, 2004, 04:28:16 PM »

Good Afternoon!

What a totally gorgeous, beautiful, sunny day it is here in Richmond!  I decided to go ahead and take a nice walk earlier, and boy did I walk!  I walked over to Maymont Park, and walked the various trails over there.  I also took pictures of some of the wildlife that is kept on the estate (Maymont also serves as sort of a nature preserve).  (I found a disposable black and white camera while I was putting things away and started putting it to god use.)  After walking around Maymont for about an hour, I headed over to Carytown for some window shopping - and some frozen yogurt (vanilla this time - what a concept?!?!).  So, about three hours of walking!  Felt soooo good to get out of the apartment for a while.  And it felt sooo good to get some sort of physical exercise after my period of sluggishness and slothness this week. ;)

-Oh, for good measure, I did have a very good steak and cheese sandwich (with mushrooms) for dinner from "The Eatery).  -Oh, and french fries too.

Now, I'm just geared up for an evening of "Trading Spaces"... And after "Trading Spaces", hmm... we'll see...

DR Jason - Glass is cheap.  Just take the frame to a glass/framing/craft shop in the neighborhood and have them cut a new piece for you.  Shouldn't cost more than a few dollars - oh, and then you could "splurge" on "glare-free" or something like that.

Omelet with Chicken Livers - Hmmm... I've read about such a thing, but I can't remember if I've ever had one - which I would love to have.  For some reason, I also remember an addition of heavy cream and/or sour cream and chives.  Hmm...

Back to TLC... - and Jason Cameron's triceps.   :P
Make Your Own Luck.

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #83 on: June 12, 2004, 04:30:19 PM »

Yes, DR Panni, all my LPs were in mono until I got a Stereo in the 7th grade.  It was a green Sears Silvertone with the detachable speakers on the side.  Sorry, couldn't resist.  :)
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

Tomovoz

« Reply #84 on: June 12, 2004, 04:32:02 PM »

I guess we should expect you to put the disposable camera to "god use" Jose but couldn't one of the underlings do the honours.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #85 on: June 12, 2004, 04:32:43 PM »

I've done some Google research on Mono. It's surprising how prevalent it still is - especially among college students. Any experience with Mono out there - either personally or kids or friends?

When I was sick-sick a couple of weeks ago, Mono was another one of the possible diagnoses.  And it is still quite prevalent today - especially among college students.  It's very easy to pass from one person to another - not just by kissing.  Unfortunately, one of Mono's main symptoms is fatigue, and most colllege students are always fatigued from their studies and activities (and parties), so a lot of the time it goes undetected, undiagnosed and untreated.  It can go away on it's own, but it's better to get it treated ASAP.
Make Your Own Luck.

Tomovoz

« Reply #86 on: June 12, 2004, 04:33:39 PM »

I'd do hope DR Panni's daughter is not replaced with detachable speakers. Is that the punishment for that A- grade?
James Thurber 1957

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #87 on: June 12, 2004, 04:34:23 PM »

I guess we should expect you to put the disposable camera to "god use" Jose but couldn't one of the underlings do the honours.

...To Modify or Not To Modify...

I think Not...  I'll just leave it... for now...
Make Your Own Luck.

Tomovoz

« Reply #88 on: June 12, 2004, 04:37:23 PM »

"Mono" was and I guess certainly still is, part of the world of education here. It seems to only attack the loveliest and hard working students. Fortunately our students could apply for special consideration at exam times if their work had suffered during the academic year as a result.
James Thurber 1957

Tomovoz

« Reply #89 on: June 12, 2004, 04:38:29 PM »

Thank you Jose - otherwise I would need to delete!
James Thurber 1957
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7   Go Up