Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7   Go Down

Author Topic: RARE FRITTERS  (Read 14900 times)

TCB

• Because I can!
Re: RARE FRITTERS
« Reply #150 on: February 19, 2012, 05:19:05 PM »

Page Six!
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #151 on: February 19, 2012, 05:20:46 PM »

DR TCB it sounds less strange than the fact you found a photo of a toddler with a rifle/shotgun, whatever that is.  ;)

Oh, that's the one I keep in my wallet.
“One thing’s universal,

KevinH

« Reply #152 on: February 19, 2012, 05:21:28 PM »

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #153 on: February 19, 2012, 05:26:17 PM »

A woman I used to know had macular degeneration. It's quite common. Said friend knew she had it--her mother had it, too--and got around remarkably. When she could no longer drive she bought a limo and one of her employees doubled as her driver. The last I heard she had a little scooter. (I think she still had the limo.) MD can be a slow progression; it isn't instant blindness.

I know that it isn't instant blindness, but Ms. Dench said she was no longer able to make out the face across the dinner table from her.
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #154 on: February 19, 2012, 05:27:40 PM »

How are you feeling today, TCB?

Ok

Better than yesterday, I hope.

Sorry Kevin, that was a rather rude answer to your question.
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #155 on: February 19, 2012, 05:29:02 PM »

How are you feeling today, TCB?

Ok

Better than yesterday, I hope.

Sorry Kevin, that was a rather rude answer to your question.

I just feel like everytime I post here, I am complaining about one thing or another.
“One thing’s universal,

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #156 on: February 19, 2012, 05:33:17 PM »

For the first time I went to my library site & put a hold on a DVD, MONEYBALL.  I am the 71th person in the queue for this.  Once a DVD becomes available it will be held for ten days.  The DVD may then be checked out for a week.  Late fees are only 20 cents a day.  The library has 4 available disks.  I highly suspect we will have picked this movie up at the Redbox long before my library offers it to me.  ;D

That is crazy. 71 people? We have at most 5 people for each movie. How many people does your library serve?  My library is only for my suburb. My sister's suburb which is 10 minutes away as its own library.

Lots of libraries for one system.  At least they have stayed open.  They were closed for close to a year due to lack of money.  Now we have reduced hours.  My brother in West Los Angeles usually has to wait longer than I do for a new book.

Jane

« Reply #157 on: February 19, 2012, 05:34:33 PM »

I don't recall exactly what fritters are--they're like turnovers, yes?

I recommend the apple fritters at Stan's in the Village located across from the Bruin Theater.
http://www.stansdoughnuts.com/index.html

Thanks, Jane. My new dentist is in Westwood Village and I've been spending a lot of time in that area.

Don't eat all of a fritter in one sitting, it is too much ;)  If you like peanut butter Stan has these incredible peanut butter filled donuts.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #158 on: February 19, 2012, 05:35:01 PM »

Good grief.  Gas prices may go up to $5.00 a gallon by Memorial Day.
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #159 on: February 19, 2012, 05:37:17 PM »

I recommend the apple fritters at Stan's in the Village located across from the Bruin Theater.

Thanks, Jane. My new dentist is in Westwood Village and I've been spending a lot of time in that area.

Don't eat all of a fritter in one sitting, it is too much ;)  If you like peanut butter Stan has these incredible peanut butter filled donuts.

Yum!
“One thing’s universal,

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #160 on: February 19, 2012, 05:41:30 PM »

Yesterday's Topic of the Day (favorite ALW songs) ;D:

As If We Never Said Goodbye

Buenos Aires

Don't Cry for Me Argentina

Everything's Alright

Freight

Growltiger's Last Stand

Half a Moment

Married Man from Tell Me On a Sunday/Song & Dance

Memory (I always wonder what Judi Dench would've done with the song if she'd not broken her foot and Elaine Paige taken over the roll two days before the show opened, and would Cats and "Memory" have been as big hits with her singing it)

Our Kind of Love (from The Beautiful Game, in between it being used in the original, unfinished sequel to The Phantom of the Opera and becoming the title song to the finished sequel called Love Never Dies)

Prima Donna

Tell Me on a Sunday

Unexpected Song

Wishing You Were Somehow Here Again

With One Look

And most of Joseph..., and many mote.

YAY!!   DE George, I love that FREIGHT is on your list!!!!

Thanks!  That's also my sister's favorite song from Starlight Express, which we saw live in London in December, 2001!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Jane

« Reply #161 on: February 19, 2012, 05:44:30 PM »

The Netflix subscribers here may want to check out LILYHAMMER. I quite enjoyed season 1 and am hoping for season 2. It's available on both disc and streaming.

We just reduced out NetFlix account to only one DVD at a time.  The Redbox was very easy so we will give it a try for awhile. 

I am told that the late fees at Redbox are quite high. I've never used a Redbox, but a friend's teenagers use one. The $1.20 is quite attractive, though.

Hmmm.  I wonder how long the teenager had the DVD.   I found the following:

Each item you can rent has a daily rental charge, which may vary from kiosk to kiosk.

for each additional day you do not return an item by 9:00 p.m. local time, your rental continues and you will be charged an additional daily rental charge, plus tax (Oregon doesn't have a sales tax)

For some items, the daily rental charge for the minimum rental period (one day) may be different than it is for each additional day the item is not returned. For example, the daily rental charge could be $3 for the minimum rental period and $1 each additional day.

If you keep an item through the maximum rental period, that item is yours to keep and Redbox will charge you the maximum charge for that item less any amounts you have already paid for that item

Jane

« Reply #162 on: February 19, 2012, 05:46:08 PM »

As it happens, there's a donut shop practically next door to the restaurant where I was having lunch. I stopped in there and asked about apple fritters. What was I told?? SOLD OUT!!

I didn't realize that so many people read HHW!

The fritters are very popular.  Stan loves his work & customers so much he even works on Christmas.

George

« Reply #163 on: February 19, 2012, 05:47:01 PM »

Andrew Lloyd Webber’s “Love Never Dies,” the long awaited sequel to "Phantom of the Opera,” will be broadcast into movie theaters at 7:30 p.m. local time Feb. 28 and March 7.

Following the success of the “Phantom of the Opera at the Royal Albert Hall” 25th anniversary event, NCM Fathom and Omniverse Vision will bring the hit musical to select movie theaters for limited showings nationwide.

The fully staged production was recorded at the Regent Theatre in Melbourne, Australia.

The exclusive event will include an in-depth interview with Andrew Lloyd Webber along with behind-the-scenes footage following Lloyd Webber on set as he provides creative direction to the cast and crew.

The event will be broadcast to more than 500 select movie theaters across the country through NCM’s exclusive Digital Broadcast Network. Tickets for “Love Never Dies” are available at participating theater box offices and online at www.FathomEvents.com.

For a complete list of theater locations and prices, visit the NCM Fathom website. Participating theaters are subject to change.

I'll be going!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Jane

« Reply #164 on: February 19, 2012, 05:47:21 PM »

A woman I used to know had macular degeneration. It's quite common. Said friend knew she had it--her mother had it, too--and got around remarkably. When she could no longer drive she bought a limo and one of her employees doubled as her driver. The last I heard she had a little scooter. (I think she still had the limo.) MD can be a slow progression; it isn't instant blindness.

I know that it isn't instant blindness, but Ms. Dench said she was no longer able to make out the face across the dinner table from her.

:(

George

« Reply #165 on: February 19, 2012, 05:47:57 PM »

Bk may want to check out the bakery section the next time he goes to Costco. They have the most delicious apple streudel. Yummy, yummy.

I've never seen apple streudel at the Tumwater Costco.

I feel deprived.

;)

Jane

« Reply #166 on: February 19, 2012, 05:48:27 PM »

Yum!

I think they are the best.

George

« Reply #167 on: February 19, 2012, 05:48:47 PM »

Congrats to DR George for BUCKET OF BLOOD. Ugh! Such imagery!

Thanks, Jeanne!  And now that I've caught up with all the posts, I have to leave. 

Off to the theater!  Then we're off until Thursday. :)

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #168 on: February 19, 2012, 05:50:38 PM »

Hmmm, favorite ALW songs:

Too Much in Love to Care
Wishing You Were Somehow Here Again
All I Ask of You
Point of No Return
With One Look

Most of JESUS CHRIST SUPERSTAR
Most of JOSEPH AND THE AMAZING TECHNICOLOR DREAMCOAT
Very little of VELVITA
“One thing’s universal,

Jane

« Reply #169 on: February 19, 2012, 05:51:00 PM »

Bk may want to check out the bakery section the next time he goes to Costco. They have the most delicious apple streudel. Yummy, yummy.

I've never seen apple streudel at the Tumwater Costco.

I feel deprived.

;)

I never buy baked goods at Costco.  The packages are far too large for one person.  DR Jeanne, I guess I didn't need to think one apple fritter would be too much for you to eat at once ;D

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #170 on: February 19, 2012, 05:53:21 PM »

Andrew Lloyd Webber’s “Love Never Dies,” the long awaited sequel to "Phantom of the Opera,” will be broadcast into movie theaters at 7:30 p.m. local time Feb. 28 and March 7.

Following the success of the “Phantom of the Opera at the Royal Albert Hall” 25th anniversary event, NCM Fathom and Omniverse Vision will bring the hit musical to select movie theaters for limited showings nationwide.

The fully staged production was recorded at the Regent Theatre in Melbourne, Australia.

The exclusive event will include an in-depth interview with Andrew Lloyd Webber along with behind-the-scenes footage following Lloyd Webber on set as he provides creative direction to the cast and crew.

The event will be broadcast to more than 500 select movie theaters across the country through NCM’s exclusive Digital Broadcast Network. Tickets for “Love Never Dies” are available at participating theater box offices and online at www.FathomEvents.com.

For a complete list of theater locations and prices, visit the NCM Fathom website. Participating theaters are subject to change.

I'll be going!

Not I!
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #171 on: February 19, 2012, 05:55:45 PM »

Tonight is the 500th episode of THE SIMPSONS.  It is the longest running sitcom in TV history.
“One thing’s universal,

Ginny

« Reply #172 on: February 19, 2012, 05:58:47 PM »

Sunday afternoon greetings!  We are back from Lima, where my coffee cake was a big hit.  We have lots left over, because there were only 10 people there today, one of whom didn't stay for refreshments and another who's on a strict diet.  I froze a couple of batches and left out only a few pieces for Richard and me to eat in the next couple of days.

Why were there only 10 people?  Is your weather terrible in Lima?

No, DR TCB, the weather was beautiful today - a bit cold, but clear and dry.  The congregation is small to begin with and several of our folks are dealing with some major health issues.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ginny

« Reply #173 on: February 19, 2012, 06:01:55 PM »

I had my much-needed nap, followed by a visit from our sister-in-law Jayne, followed by some supper.  Richard is watching THE SONG OF BERNADETTE, but I gave up on it.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Jane

« Reply #174 on: February 19, 2012, 06:03:34 PM »

Craig caramelized onions & raisins, added lentils, seasoning & peas.  It was delicious.  I put mine on top of basmati & added string beans.

Jane

« Reply #175 on: February 19, 2012, 06:04:15 PM »

Sunday afternoon greetings!  We are back from Lima, where my coffee cake was a big hit.  We have lots left over, because there were only 10 people there today, one of whom didn't stay for refreshments and another who's on a strict diet.  I froze a couple of batches and left out only a few pieces for Richard and me to eat in the next couple of days.

Why were there only 10 people?  Is your weather terrible in Lima?

No, DR TCB, the weather was beautiful today - a bit cold, but clear and dry.  The congregation is small to begin with and several of our folks are dealing with some major health issues.

I'm sorry the congregation isn't doing well.

Ginny

« Reply #176 on: February 19, 2012, 06:14:07 PM »

Thanks, DR Jane.

vixmom

• Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty
« Reply #177 on: February 19, 2012, 06:16:58 PM »

:-*
Bacon Maple Bars is the name of the new franchise I am opening in select cities across the USA.

We sell octopus eggs.....but I don't think many people would come in if our sign read: Octopus Eggs.

Now my husband is trying to figure out why I am laughing like a loon

Isn't he used to that by now?

Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty

It’s weird being the same age as old people

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #178 on: February 19, 2012, 06:29:49 PM »

Bacon Maple Bars is the name of the new franchise I am opening in select cities across the USA.

We sell octopus eggs.....but I don't think many people would come in if our sign read: Octopus Eggs.

Now my husband is trying to figure out why I am laughing like a loon

Isn't he used to that by now?

I supposeI should have included a smiley face, but I figured you would know I was kidding.
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #179 on: February 19, 2012, 06:34:42 PM »

G'night!
“One thing’s universal,
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7   Go Up