Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7   Go Down

Author Topic: BK VS. THE SPIDER  (Read 14838 times)

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
Re: BK VS. THE SPIDER
« Reply #30 on: February 24, 2012, 08:33:53 AM »

TOD:

DVD - NIGHT CALLER (aka BLOOD BEAST FROM OUTER SPACE) 1965 low budget British sci-fi B movie, in the Quatermass vein, recently released on the Renown label. The score is by Johnny Gregory; great arranger - I still have some of his LP records. Includes a colorized version with some of the most awful colors I've ever seen.

I have mentioned Johnny Gregory here many times, though of course people were too busy thinking about Edmundo Ros to notice.  ;)
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

JMK

« Reply #31 on: February 24, 2012, 08:35:01 AM »

Doug, if you can find it, get the Columbia Record club 2 LP release SOUNDSTAGE SPECTACULAR, which is full of beautiful Gregory arrangements.  If you search the site, you'll see I posted about it a long time ago--there are two versions out, get the one with AN ANGEL IS LOVE from Barbarella--one of Gregory's nicest arrangements.

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #32 on: February 24, 2012, 08:48:43 AM »

DR Sam:  What kind of spiders do you have at the beach?

Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #33 on: February 24, 2012, 08:49:05 AM »

DR Danise:  Make sure you let us know the air date for your Anderson Cooper segment!!!
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #34 on: February 24, 2012, 08:49:16 AM »

It's Friday in Oakland CA.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #35 on: February 24, 2012, 08:50:40 AM »

Did anyone read that Rick Santorum has accused President Obama of encouraging young people to go to college because colleges are "indoctrination mills" that strip young people of their "faith commitment".

Really? 

Merciful heavens!!!
« Last Edit: February 24, 2012, 10:43:46 AM by Ron Pulliam »

JMK

« Reply #36 on: February 24, 2012, 08:52:55 AM »

I'm pretty sure that despite not being a Mormon, Santorum was behind the proxy baptism of Hitler.  ;)

JMK

« Reply #37 on: February 24, 2012, 08:53:50 AM »

In other news, had a laugh today looking at the "class photo" of this year's Oscar nominees.  Mr. Sergio Mendes, ever the trickster, has his fingers raised like bunny ears behind the guy in front of him.  ;)

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #38 on: February 24, 2012, 09:29:37 AM »

Did anyone read that Rick Santorum has accused President Obama of encourage young people to go to college because colleges are "indoctrination mills" that strip young people of their "faith commitment".

Really? 

Merciful heavens!!!

At this point, nothing that fool utters surprises me. I find it frightening that someone so bigoted, stupid, misinformed, narrowminded, terrifying and downright ugly could find so many equally repellent voters to give him his fifteen minutes of Public Ugliness.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2012, 09:48:34 AM by elmore3003 »
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #39 on: February 24, 2012, 09:40:15 AM »

Did anyone read that Rick Santorum has accused President Obama of encourage young people to go to college because colleges are "indoctrination mills" that strip young people of their "faith commitment".

Really? 

Merciful heavens!!!

At this point, nothing that fool utters surprises me. I find it frightening that someone so bigoted, stupid, misinformed, marrowminded, terrifying and downright ugly could find so many equally repellent voters to give him his fifteen minutes of Public Ugliness.
I'm marrow-minded. Anybody with leftover marrow bones, send them my way.

Anyway, the Washington Post has a horror story on how Santorum is appealing to GOP women. HUH????
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

MBarnum

« Reply #40 on: February 24, 2012, 09:44:48 AM »

Thanks for the warm wishes upon my returning to HHW...of coure my being gone was only a temporary thing....sort of like "a girl in trouble..." (referencing a 1980s pop hit).

MBarnum

« Reply #41 on: February 24, 2012, 09:45:22 AM »

And I must say it is so very nice to hear from DR Danise....looking forward to seeing you on Anderson Cooper!

MBarnum

« Reply #42 on: February 24, 2012, 09:47:38 AM »

TOD:

Theatre: ALVIN AND THE CHIPMUNKS: CHIPWRECKED (taking my grand nephew Cole to see it...but I am very afraid!).

DVR: Last night's THE OFFICE

CD: A compilation of Bollywood disco songs from the 1970s/80s of which a copy will be soon on its way to DR JRand61, whether he likes it or not.

FJL

« Reply #43 on: February 24, 2012, 09:50:24 AM »

Really? 

Merciful heavens!!!

At this point, nothing that fool utters surprises me. I find it frightening that someone so bigoted, stupid, misinformed, marrowminded, terrifying and downright ugly could find so many equally repellent voters to give him his fifteen minutes of Public Ugliness.

Anyway, the Washington Post has a horror story on how Santorum is appealing to GOP women. HUH????

With Anita Bryant in the news (since her ex-husband just passed away), I wonder if anyone has any thoughts on - was Anita Bryant any more hostile about homosexuality than the anti-homosexuality people who are run of the mill today?

FJL

« Reply #44 on: February 24, 2012, 09:51:58 AM »

Hoping everything's OK, whatever it was, MBarnum
« Last Edit: February 24, 2012, 09:53:41 AM by FJL »

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #45 on: February 24, 2012, 09:53:04 AM »

Really? 

Merciful heavens!!!

I am In Search of Signs of Intelligent Life In the GOP these days. Does this mean the ladies in the GOP supporting Santorum approve of all the GOP male population is doing to call the shots on women's rights? That is such a frightening thought. I have never seen a group make words like "thinking" or "intelligent" or "broadminded" seem like marks of Cain as they praise and want to return to a past America that never ever existed.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2012, 09:57:30 AM by elmore3003 »
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

FJL

« Reply #46 on: February 24, 2012, 09:54:33 AM »

Vibes for John G, as always

MBarnum

« Reply #47 on: February 24, 2012, 09:55:01 AM »

JRand61, to ready you for the onslaught of Hindi disco songs here is a clip of the adorable Pakistani singer Nazia Hassan, the gal most responsible for bringing disco music to India in the late 1970s.

This is from a British TV pop program in the early 80s.

Please to enjoy: Disco Deewane (Disco Crazy)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mWzTZE-B1fM&feature=results_video&playnext=1&list=PL9E032E0F1B3FBB56

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #48 on: February 24, 2012, 09:58:07 AM »

JRand61, to ready you for the onslaught of Hindi disco songs here is a clip of the adorable Pakistani singer Nazia Hassan, the gal most responsible for bringing disco music to India in the late 1970s.

This is from a British TV pop program in the early 80s.

Please to enjoy: Disco Deewane (Disco Crazy)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mWzTZE-B1fM&feature=results_video&playnext=1&list=PL9E032E0F1B3FBB56

Mikey, we did not miss you.

MBarnum

« Reply #49 on: February 24, 2012, 09:59:14 AM »

I imagine that during my absence, the kitsch and kulture factor at HHW was at a dangerous low.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #50 on: February 24, 2012, 09:59:57 AM »

I imagine that during my absence, the kitsch and kulture factor at HHW was at a dangerous low.

And the collective IQ level rose.

MBarnum

« Reply #51 on: February 24, 2012, 09:59:59 AM »

DR Elmore, I hope you clicked on that link. It will certainly broaden your horizens.  ;D

MBarnum

« Reply #52 on: February 24, 2012, 10:03:05 AM »

DR Elmore, it does amaze one that the GOP, who used to stand for "less government intervention," seem so intent on legislating regulations on the human body and citizen's love lives.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #53 on: February 24, 2012, 10:10:06 AM »

DR Vixmom thank you for sharing the beautiful photo yesterday.  When we were in Maui we saw a beautiful variety of Cardinals.  I can't remember if any looked like this one.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #54 on: February 24, 2012, 10:11:09 AM »

DR Elmore, it does amaze one that the GOP, who used to stand for "less government intervention," seem so intent on legislating regulations on the human body and citizen's love lives.

E&T DR Charles Pogue posted the other day on Facebook that he believes the ban on taxing churches should be lifted since the various churches from Roman Catholic to Latter Day Saints to Fred Phelps' travesty to the southern Baptists all insist on interfering with goverment policies. I agree wholeheartedly.

Tax the churches now!
« Last Edit: February 24, 2012, 10:13:07 AM by elmore3003 »

John G.

« Reply #55 on: February 24, 2012, 10:11:35 AM »

Vibes for John G, as always
Many thanks.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

Jane

« Reply #56 on: February 24, 2012, 10:11:43 AM »

MEGA COPING VIBES FOR DR SAM!!!!

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #57 on: February 24, 2012, 10:12:03 AM »

All right, I'm off my political soapbox to wrestle with Rodgers & Hart for a while.

Jane

« Reply #58 on: February 24, 2012, 10:12:26 AM »

Really? 

Merciful heavens!!!

The more I read about this guy the better Romney looks.

John G.

« Reply #59 on: February 24, 2012, 10:13:00 AM »

I, for one, missed the Bollywood updates.
― Voltaire
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7   Go Up