Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7   Go Down

Author Topic: BK VS. THE SPIDER  (Read 14840 times)

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
Re: BK VS. THE SPIDER
« Reply #60 on: February 24, 2012, 10:13:35 AM »

Thanks for the warm wishes upon my returning to HHW...of coure my being gone was only a temporary thing....sort of like "a girl in trouble..." (referencing a 1980s pop hit).

I meant to ask yesterday if you have finished all the work you had to do.  Have you? ;)

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #61 on: February 24, 2012, 10:13:54 AM »

I imagine that during my absence, the kitsch and kulture factor at HHW was at a dangerous low.
I, for one, missed the Bollywood updates.

Oh, say it ain't so!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Jane

« Reply #62 on: February 24, 2012, 10:14:18 AM »

Did anyone read that Rick Santorum has accused President Obama of encourage young people to go to college because colleges are "indoctrination mills" that strip young people of their "faith commitment".

Really? 

Merciful heavens!!!

At this point, nothing that fool utters surprises me. I find it frightening that someone so bigoted, stupid, misinformed, marrowminded, terrifying and downright ugly could find so many equally repellent voters to give him his fifteen minutes of Public Ugliness.
I'm marrow-minded. Anybody with leftover marrow bones, send them my way.

Anyway, the Washington Post has a horror story on how Santorum is appealing to GOP women. HUH????

With Anita Bryant in the news (since her ex-husband just passed away), I wonder if anyone has any thoughts on - was Anita Bryant any more hostile about homosexuality than the anti-homosexuality people who are run of the mill today?

I don't think so and she apologized later.

Jane

« Reply #63 on: February 24, 2012, 10:15:20 AM »

I need to get ready to go for a swim.

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #64 on: February 24, 2012, 10:16:11 AM »

Saw a gorgeous male cardinal yesterday as I left work yesterday. Surrounded by plenty of green foliage, his red coat of feathers was a tonic before the rush hour traffic.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

Ginny

« Reply #65 on: February 24, 2012, 10:16:36 AM »

Welcome back, DR MBarnum!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

John G.

« Reply #66 on: February 24, 2012, 10:17:30 AM »

I imagine that during my absence, the kitsch and kulture factor at HHW was at a dangerous low.

Oh, say it ain't so!
I actually watch which ever new Bollywood videos the library gets in. 
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

Jennifer

« Reply #67 on: February 24, 2012, 10:21:29 AM »

It's been so mild here the past few days. And no snow for so long. But it looks like that will change. We are supposed to get 15cms tonight and then at least 2 more big storms next week. And here i was thinking it was Spring.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #68 on: February 24, 2012, 10:22:38 AM »

I'm up after a good night's sleep.  I'll finish proofing and try to find out if we're working today.

MBarnum

« Reply #69 on: February 24, 2012, 10:23:48 AM »

Thanks for the warm wishes upon my returning to HHW...of coure my being gone was only a temporary thing....sort of like "a girl in trouble..." (referencing a 1980s pop hit).

I meant to ask yesterday if you have finished all the work you had to do.  Have you? ;)

Well, much has been accomplished, but not even nearly finished with any of it.

MBarnum

« Reply #70 on: February 24, 2012, 10:24:50 AM »

Oh, say it ain't so!
I actually watch which ever new Bollywood videos the library gets in. 

Goodness...why have you been keeping this to yourself? I for one would love to hear what you thought about any of the Bollywood movies you have seen, especially those you recommend and those you would suggest staying away from.

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #71 on: February 24, 2012, 10:50:55 AM »

I cannot possibly express my excitement over just having received an overnight shipment from Universal containing the hotly anticipated BARBIE:  A MERMAID TALE 2.  Somehow I missed BARBIE:  A MERMAID TALE 1.
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #72 on: February 24, 2012, 10:51:29 AM »

I am also glad to see DR MBarnum back.

And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaďs Nin

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #73 on: February 24, 2012, 10:57:54 AM »

I need to get back on track on my VHS to DVD project this weekend.  I became discouraged a few weeks ago while attempting to convert my VHS copy of the 1984 Tony Awards.  The tape flickers too much and that causes a disruption in the signal, breaking off the copying process to the PC.  Tomorrow, I am going to try copying to my TiVo and then converting from there.  We shall see how it goes...
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaďs Nin

John G.

« Reply #74 on: February 24, 2012, 11:35:58 AM »

Sorry, MBarnum, I can't remember a title except for Lagaan at the moment. That was the one that got me hooked. And I don't even like cricket, but I watched all four hours.
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #75 on: February 24, 2012, 11:40:12 AM »

Went to the Quiet Room in the complex for a brief rest. It's on the third floor with a wall of windows that lets in the afternoon sun. You can sit in a comfortable chair in the warmth of the sun and look out on a segment of town. Very peaceful.

Well, this afternoon, there were two vultures on the ledge right in front of my chair and both held their wings open for about five minutes. Their wingspan is about 4 feet wide. Just beautiful.

I hope they were just interested in their reflections and were not considering me to be carrion.
― Voltaire

JMK

« Reply #76 on: February 24, 2012, 11:40:28 AM »

I believe I may be close to being in Rapture seance.  My shipment arrived today, and while I haven't played it yet, it looks perfect.  This probably won't mean a lot to anyone, but I managed to get the incredibly rare Paul Winter recording Road, which was released on CD for about 10 minutes 20 years ago.  It normally sells for hundreds and I got it for $20.

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

JMK

« Reply #77 on: February 24, 2012, 11:51:06 AM »

How dare The Muppets' PR firm send me an email urging me to root for their movie to win Best Song.  The nerve of some puppets!

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #78 on: February 24, 2012, 12:17:22 PM »

I believe I may be close to being in Rapture seance.  My shipment arrived today, and while I haven't played it yet, it looks perfect.  This probably won't mean a lot to anyone, but I managed to get the incredibly rare Paul Winter recording Road, which was released on CD for about 10 minutes 20 years ago.  It normally sells for hundreds and I got it for $20.

Congrats, Jeff!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #79 on: February 24, 2012, 12:55:28 PM »

When this court thing is over 1st week of March, must tell what has been going on, so glad I never had a divorce or had to deal with child custody issues.   Yuck.    My name was mentioned and I just can not figure out why, except that someone is not getting what they want, or maybe realize that they made a mistake. It's been 5 years, don't people get over it.

My mind and heart have been going crazy, the fear and flight thing has been happening, beyond my control.

:) OH WELL

Good vibes for you, Sam!  ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #80 on: February 24, 2012, 01:02:32 PM »

I think it's so considerate of those sweet Mormons to go around proxy baptizing people like Simon Wiesenthal and Anne Frank.   ::)

And wasn't this, like, the 12th time for Anne Frank?
“One thing’s universal,

Doug R

« Reply #81 on: February 24, 2012, 01:03:25 PM »

Welcome back DR MBarnum. Missed all those posts about trashy B movies - I think!

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #82 on: February 24, 2012, 01:03:33 PM »

Lunch!
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #83 on: February 24, 2012, 01:06:55 PM »

TOD:

With the Oscars on Sunday, I'm not sure I'll get to all of these this weekend, but this is what's new on my shelf:

MARTHA MARCY MAY MARLENE

I have never heard of this one.
“One thing’s universal,

Doug R

« Reply #84 on: February 24, 2012, 01:14:29 PM »

I hadn't realised how tame my goldfish are. They swim close to the surface of the pond and let me stroke them with my fingers. I'm amazed that all the local cats (including Daisy) don't catch them but maybe the fish are used to me and have the good sense to swim deep when the cats are around!

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #85 on: February 24, 2012, 01:31:20 PM »

I'm pretty sure that despite not being a Mormon, Santorum was behind the proxy baptism of Hitler.  ;)

With no offense meant to my Republican brothers and sisters, I really think that SC (Scary candidate) Rick Santorum (if he truly believes all of these things that he says) is a very dangerous man to be gaining such popularity in the polls
“One thing’s universal,

John G.

« Reply #86 on: February 24, 2012, 01:33:42 PM »

I cannot possibly express my excitement over just having received an overnight shipment from Universal containing the hotly anticipated BARBIE:  A MERMAID TALE 2.  Somehow I missed BARBIE:  A MERMAID TALE 1.
A murder trial just ended here, and one of the witnesses was named Kenneth Doll. I think I would have to hate my parents if they named me Ken Doll.
― Voltaire

Ginny

« Reply #87 on: February 24, 2012, 01:37:36 PM »

Here is my first completed knitting project - an improvised scarf that it's still cold enough to wear here in SW Ohio:

"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #88 on: February 24, 2012, 01:50:30 PM »

And I must say it is so very nice to hear from DR Danise....looking forward to seeing you on Anderson Cooper!

I think DR Danise should convince Anderson to join us at HHW.  if not, maybe she could convince him to come over to my house for a slumber party nice chat.
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #89 on: February 24, 2012, 01:51:10 PM »

One more
“One thing’s universal,
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7   Go Up