Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Down

Author Topic: AT THE BALLET  (Read 11819 times)

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
Re: AT THE BALLET
« Reply #90 on: February 28, 2012, 12:51:04 PM »

Page four!
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #91 on: February 28, 2012, 01:27:10 PM »

I was sure that I would hear from DR Danise by now. I hope she's having a good time at the production office.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Ginny

« Reply #92 on: February 28, 2012, 01:36:17 PM »

I am back from my errands and breathing a HUGE sigh of relief for DR George finding his wallet!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ginny

« Reply #93 on: February 28, 2012, 01:36:48 PM »

Thank you to DRs Jane and Jeanne for the nice comments about the photo of Mary Linda.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #94 on: February 28, 2012, 02:04:54 PM »

I just heard from DR Danise. I will meet her in an hour at her hotel and we will go to dinner. She's a little stressed today; the tv people said they were trying to get Turner, the ass who caused all of her problems, to be on the program as well for his side of the story. She really doesn't want to be near him and she's frightened of him. He's a pig and a bully. She called her friend Thelma, whose advice was "he won't show; he wouldn't show up in court so why would he want millions of tv viewers to see his mug?"

She also did a bit of subway travel by herself today to Times Square to shop for friends, and I think she's going to be great on the program.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Laura

« Reply #95 on: February 28, 2012, 02:18:59 PM »

They wanted a confrontation on their show just for some drama. That is my opinion.
"That's a lotta hamsters."

Laura

« Reply #96 on: February 28, 2012, 02:19:59 PM »

My mother was defrauded by a contractor once. Not bad like Danise. But the laws protected him.

Matthew

• You there, why are you so late?
« Reply #97 on: February 28, 2012, 02:20:29 PM »

They wanted a confrontation on their show just for some drama. That is my opinion.

Agreed

Laura

« Reply #98 on: February 28, 2012, 02:23:04 PM »

And I think that to lure her out there with a trip to NYC without telling her Turner would be there is despicable. That is my opinion.

Laura

« Reply #99 on: February 28, 2012, 02:23:28 PM »

Therefore, my opinion of this Anderson Cooper guy has just gone down. That is my opinion.

John G.

« Reply #100 on: February 28, 2012, 02:28:03 PM »

And I think that to lure her out there with a trip to NYC without telling her Turner would be there is despicable. That is my opinion.
I agree.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

Laura

« Reply #101 on: February 28, 2012, 02:29:29 PM »

And you should put sugar in lemonade. That is my opinion.

John G.

« Reply #102 on: February 28, 2012, 02:31:28 PM »

Help a Luddite. Please.

OK, so I downloaded my first album off amazon.com today. It had the cast recording of "The Burnt Part Boys" for $5 and I had a $1 discount, so I couldn't pass that one by. Anyway, is there some place to get a copy of the booklet? Or to read it? To find out what the songs are all about? Who wrote them? Who's in the show? Etc.?

I will say, I liked the song "Good Morning, Gun," which has a part about eating squirrel in it. Didn't know any squirrel eating songs before.
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #103 on: February 28, 2012, 02:32:32 PM »

And you should put sugar in lemonade. That is my opinion.
You should. Stevia is a nice plant, if you need greenery somewhere around the house. That's about all.

― Voltaire

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #104 on: February 28, 2012, 02:39:54 PM »

I thought Anderson was above that. :-\
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #105 on: February 28, 2012, 02:45:16 PM »

Help a Luddite. Please.

OK, so I downloaded my first album off amazon.com today. It had the cast recording of "The Burnt Part Boys" for $5 and I had a $1 discount, so I couldn't pass that one by. Anyway, is there some place to get a copy of the booklet? Or to read it? To find out what the songs are all about? Who wrote them? Who's in the show? Etc.?

I will say, I liked the song "Good Morning, Gun," which has a part about eating squirrel in it. Didn't know any squirrel eating songs before.

Sometimes, an electronic booklet is available for downloaded music titles.  However, most times one isn't.  That's my biggest problem with downloadable music..no booklet or other information or documentation.  When I buy a physical CD, it always comes with something, so the information exists.  It's just that very few are available.

:P is what I say to that.

:P
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #106 on: February 28, 2012, 02:47:33 PM »

Normally, I would say get a copy from your local library, or they could get a copy through Interlibrary Loan, but it's probably too new for any library to load out.  Usually, it can be six months before libraries will loan their items to other library systems.

John G.

« Reply #107 on: February 28, 2012, 02:49:10 PM »

Normally, I would say get a copy from your local library, or they could get a copy through Interlibrary Loan, but it's probably too new for any library to load out.  Usually, it can be six months before libraries will loan their items to other library systems.
Thanks. I don't know that the library has it. Will try the Interlibrary loan.
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #108 on: February 28, 2012, 02:49:38 PM »

Speaking of libraries, how are things since the shakeup at work, George?
― Voltaire

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #109 on: February 28, 2012, 02:51:35 PM »

Therefore, my opinion of this Anderson Cooper guy has just gone down. That is my opinion.

Well, since I like Anderson Cooper and think highly of him, I suspect he's had no part in any of this. I'll find out if she met hm today or dealt only with the producer and research staff. While I agree she should have been told Turner might be on the show before she agreed to come to Manhattan, it is quite possible that they want to allow him to defend himself or present his side of the events. Here's this lady on the air telling about how some guy bilked her, stle her money, left her an unliveable shell of a house, and who's to say she's telling the truth? We know otherwise, but we're not the people this program is aimed at.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2012, 02:54:01 PM by elmore3003 »

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #110 on: February 28, 2012, 02:53:15 PM »

Help a Luddite. Please.

DR JohnG, you might go to the CD label's website and see if they offer a downloadable booklet.

George

« Reply #111 on: February 28, 2012, 03:02:35 PM »

Oh...not too bad...we got a security guard today.

:o

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #112 on: February 28, 2012, 03:07:43 PM »

TOD:   Tales of Hoffmann, The Red Shoes, The Turning Point
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #113 on: February 28, 2012, 03:10:18 PM »

She also did a bit of subway travel by herself today to Times Square to shop for friends, and I think she's going to be great on the program.

DR Danise must be stressed.   Friends can't be bought.  They must be made...and nurtured.

(Know what you meant, Larry Elmoore!  Just had to have fun with it!).
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #114 on: February 28, 2012, 03:10:46 PM »

Oh...not too bad...we got a security guard today.

:o

Is that to keep the old boss "out"?

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #115 on: February 28, 2012, 03:26:27 PM »

Wow, I got so caught up in the morning's activities, this is the first time I've had to post.  I had a long telephonic call with Montreal, Canada, which may or may not result in some Kritzerland projects.  I then had to write the blurbs for and prep our new releases for announcement in the morning.  They are both great, one features a beloved score to a beloved classic 1960s romantic film entitled A Man and a Woman - even though there have been three previous CD releases of the score, they were all licensed from the overseas rights' holders - unfortunately those people didn't and don't have the original album masters, and so provided third or fourth generation mono tapes (or LPs) for those CDs, which sound wretched.  This is the first ever CD release from the original stereo album masters, and as a bonus we've included the English-language version as well as the French.  A fabulous release and do NOT dally on this one, as the film has a huge number of fans who will be very happy to buy this release. 

The other title is a double-bill CD of The Fuzzy Pink Nightgown by Billy May, and A Breath of Scandal by Alessandro Cicognini - two delightful scores that were originally released on Imperial LPs. 

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #116 on: February 28, 2012, 03:27:05 PM »

I took a break to eat some spaghetti and meatballs, and pick up one package.  Then I finished writing the contextual commentary.

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #117 on: February 28, 2012, 04:00:22 PM »

BK, can we just send you PayPal now for AMAAW?
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #118 on: February 28, 2012, 04:01:29 PM »

I was somewhat suprised to read in Peter Breck's obit in VARIETY (I'm ketching up with old issues) that he co-starred in the "Rita Hayworth starrer 'I Want to Live!'".  I assume this akin to the dueling Harlows.  ;)
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

George

« Reply #119 on: February 28, 2012, 04:10:26 PM »

Topic of the Day:

Anything that Les Ballets Trockadero has performed ;)
The Hard Nut - Mark Morris
The Little Mermaid - featuring the San Francisco Ballet
The Red Shoes (movie)
Swan Lake - Matthew Borne

Years ago, PBS broadcast a ballet of "Cinderella" choreographed by Mikhail Baryshnikov that was set in the 1920s.  Cinderella was a silent movie actress and Baryshnikov was a movie director that discovered her (or something like that)...he was her "fairy godfather."
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Up