Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8   Go Down

Author Topic: THE SHERMAN BROTHERS  (Read 15379 times)

TCB

• Because I can!
Re: THE SHERMAN BROTHERS
« Reply #90 on: March 06, 2012, 12:38:36 PM »

Page Four!
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #91 on: March 06, 2012, 12:39:14 PM »

DR TCB, great news about the surgery.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Vibes for our DR TCB! ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thank you, elmore!

Ditto!

Thank you, Druxy.
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #92 on: March 06, 2012, 12:43:08 PM »

Today is the 100th anniversary of the Oreo cookie. Sounds like a reason to celebrate to me. Deep-fried Oreo cookies with Oreo cookie ice cream and chocolate-dipped Oreos on the side. (Diabetic? Who, me?)

I got an e-mail coupon from Red Robin this morning for a free Rookie Magic® Shake "with purchase of a burger, entrée salad, sandwich. wrap or kid's meal" (dine-in only)!

They also have a new burger that's on sale...I think that I'll be going there for dinner tonight! :D

Yum!
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #93 on: March 06, 2012, 12:44:34 PM »

While waiting I pre-ordered the Original Cast Recording for ONCE.  It will be released on March 13 and is only $9.99 on Amazon

I just pre-ordered it yesterday.

For some reason, I connected this post with your Red Robin post.  I didn't know you could pre-order at Red Robin.
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #94 on: March 06, 2012, 12:49:18 PM »

Does anyone else at this board watch THE VOICE?

I started watching it right after the Super Bowl.  I really enjoyed the Blind Auditions part of the show.  Last ngiht they started the head to head eliminations and I am not sure I will continue to watch it.
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #95 on: March 06, 2012, 12:52:24 PM »

I jsut got an e-mail with the subject line: Add Wings for Just $5.  I was glad to see that the message was from Pizza Hut.  I was afraid it was either from my church or from a hitman.
“One thing’s universal,

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #96 on: March 06, 2012, 12:54:43 PM »

We are having very strange weather this week.  Sunday night, this dippy broad on one of our local stations predicted that the temp was going to drop about twenty degrees Sunday night and we would have snow by the morning commute.  Instead, yesterday was a beautiful sunny day with temperatures in the high forties.

Last night the weather guy said there was a chance for a little rain overnight (last night) and then we wwere in for a warming trend, with the temp climbing to 60 by Friday.  This morning I got up and it has snowed overnight.
Who do you complain to about stopping that?

Well, hopefully, you.
Yes, I have been placed in charge of weather. That's a laugh.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #97 on: March 06, 2012, 01:14:28 PM »

I jsut got an e-mail with the subject line: Add Wings for Just $5.  I was glad to see that the message was from Pizza Hut.  I was afraid it was either from my church or from a hitman.

I couldn't find a hitman who'd take care of you for $5! And I looked.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Jennifer

« Reply #98 on: March 06, 2012, 01:16:33 PM »

DR TCB I am so glad that youy surgery has been scheduled.  Btw. what kind of kindle do you have again. Is it the keyboard one with wifi or 3G? Because remember you can get onto HHW from your kindle. But if you have the wifi one (which is what i have) then they would have to have wifi at the nursing home.

Thank you, Jennifer.  I think the lack of wifi at the nursing home would probably be the problem.  I do have the Kindle with the keyboard, but that would almost as tough as texting on my phone.

If the nursing home did have wifi i think you'd be surprised how easy it is on HHW. I did not think it would be easy. But as long as you know how to get to the internet. You can bookmark the page. And then it takes 2 seconds to get on. If it would be too hard for you to post at least you would easily be able to read.

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #99 on: March 06, 2012, 01:26:27 PM »

Hmmm...I just finished listening to the ONCE cast recording on NPR and I have to admit that I am unmoved.  I guess that one needs to actually see the show to fully appreciate it.  Right now, to me, it's just a collection of songs.  I can't garner anything of what happens on stage from what I've listened to.
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaďs Nin

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #100 on: March 06, 2012, 01:26:39 PM »

Good morning all.  Sorry I was so short last night but that first day back at work was a monster and I was tired.

Dear TCB I don't want to hear one negative word about your surgery!  No talk of dying because THAT is NOT going to happen.  You are going to sail though it and be so much better afterwards.  I won't entertain any other thoughts on that subject! You have to go into the surgery with a positive outlook.

I remember when I went in for my breast surgery I was trying to joke and said "I'll see you on the other side" to Themla.  My meaning was the other side of the surgery but the nurse took it to mean something else and asked me if I thought something bad was going to happen.  She really gave me the what for about it because she said your mind set can have an impact on how well you will recover. 

So positive vibes and thoughts your way!!!! :)

Thank you, Danise.  Trust me, I am very confident that the surgery will be a success.  I don't think God is quite through with me yet.

:)

Jane

« Reply #101 on: March 06, 2012, 01:28:09 PM »

Back from the dentist.  Looks like we are done with all the "correctional" work.  Now to keep them maintained so there will won't be anymore in the future.  I like my dentist (new to me), so it will be easy to maintain.

:)

John G.

« Reply #102 on: March 06, 2012, 01:30:41 PM »

Hmmm...I just finished listening to the ONCE cast recording on NPR and I have to admit that I am unmoved.  I guess that one needs to actually see the show to fully appreciate it.  Right now, to me, it's just a collection of songs.  I can't garner anything of what happens on stage from what I've listened to.
It's funny you mention that. The notes that accompanied it talked about that same thing. I have only listened to the one song from the movie that I loved, "Falling Softly," and I still love it. I wonder if the average person will relate to it more because it's not overly dramatic.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

Jane

« Reply #103 on: March 06, 2012, 01:37:47 PM »

DR TCB I am so glad that youy surgery has been scheduled.  Btw. what kind of kindle do you have again. Is it the keyboard one with wifi or 3G? Because remember you can get onto HHW from your kindle. But if you have the wifi one (which is what i have) then they would have to have wifi at the nursing home.

Thank you, Jennifer.  I think the lack of wifi at the nursing home would probably be the problem.  I do have the Kindle with the keyboard, but that would almost as tough as texting on my phone.
If it would be too hard for you to post at least you would easily be able to read.

I agree with Jennifer.  Sometimes at night when I can't sleep, even if I can comment, I read the posts.  I've done the same with Facebook too.  It's worth a try since I expect you will have you Kindle with you.

Jane

« Reply #104 on: March 06, 2012, 01:39:12 PM »

The book I was waiting to be released today stayed at the lower price.  I of course purchased it.

Ginny

« Reply #105 on: March 06, 2012, 01:46:45 PM »

Tuesday afternoon greetings!  I slept late this morning and then had to hustle to leave for the grantwriters' lunch early enough to make 2 stops on the way.  Made 3 more stops on the way home and now I'm here for a bit before heading in the opposite direction for a knitting class.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Matthew

• You there, why are you so late?
« Reply #106 on: March 06, 2012, 01:47:21 PM »

motivation motivation motivation motivation motivation

John G.

« Reply #107 on: March 06, 2012, 01:52:26 PM »

motivation motivation motivation motivation motivation
amen amen amen amen amen amen
― Voltaire

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #108 on: March 06, 2012, 01:52:54 PM »

Tuesday afternoon greetings!  I slept late this morning and then had to hustle to leave for the grantwriters' lunch early enough to make 2 stops on the way.  Made 3 more stops on the way home and now I'm here for a bit before heading in the opposite direction for a knitting class.

Ginny, I think you are busier now than when you were working.
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #109 on: March 06, 2012, 01:56:08 PM »

Strange, when I enquired about you, they offered change.
“One thing’s universal,

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #110 on: March 06, 2012, 02:01:29 PM »

I'm flattered so many want me dead.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #111 on: March 06, 2012, 02:02:32 PM »

I'm flattered so many want me dead.

You are a legend!
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #112 on: March 06, 2012, 02:06:32 PM »

The other night I turned on PBS in hopes of watching a little bit of POTO.  Instead they were showing two separate productions by a group called Celtic Thunder.  They were great,  Cute and great.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2012, 02:08:24 PM by TCB »
“One thing’s universal,

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #113 on: March 06, 2012, 02:07:22 PM »

Congrats to DR MATTHEW on his molar report.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #114 on: March 06, 2012, 02:07:52 PM »

Then I checked my PBS schedule and found that POTO was showing last night.  Naturally, I forgot about it by last night and I watched The Voice instead.
“One thing’s universal,

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #115 on: March 06, 2012, 02:08:01 PM »

Lots of stories on the news about Insurance adjusters and FEMA in the southern Indiana area hit by the tornadoes last week.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #116 on: March 06, 2012, 02:08:39 PM »

Then I checked my PBS schedule and found that POTO was showing last night.  Naturally, I forgot about it by last night and I watched The Voice instead.

I know what you mean - now that we are in our late 30's, we can expect these things to happen more and more.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #117 on: March 06, 2012, 02:10:23 PM »

We are working on updating the theatre website.....and I am liking the result, but it may be more difficult to maintain.....I have been doing things the same way for about 8 years.....so expect lots of cursing and desktop banging over the next few months.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #118 on: March 06, 2012, 02:10:44 PM »

And now I am off to get ready for Zumba this evening.

Doug R

« Reply #119 on: March 06, 2012, 02:12:08 PM »

DougR:  Johnny Gregory does a faboo version of HUSHABYE MOUNTAIN on Soundstage Spectacular.

Thanks JMK. I'd sooner have it on CD though. My record player is covered in cobwebs!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8   Go Up