Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]   Go Down

Author Topic: APPROVED  (Read 14595 times)

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
Re: APPROVED
« Reply #210 on: March 07, 2012, 08:35:02 PM »

Richard and I spent the evening watching the first 4 episodes of Downton Abbey and we're hooked!
It's a good addiction. As you have gathered from the many posts on this site.

Well, I found it a bit over the top when the zombie survivors of the Titanic showed up, but your mileage may vary.
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

vixmom

• Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty
« Reply #211 on: March 07, 2012, 08:38:34 PM »

my ask BK question;  Did I make the first 25 cut?  (fingers crossed)
Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty

It’s weird being the same age as old people

vixmom

« Reply #212 on: March 07, 2012, 08:40:14 PM »

I really, really like Eugene's Shawn McDonald, but I find his odd habit of pronouncing final "d"'s as final "t"'s odd and annoying.
whaddya mean?

vixmom

« Reply #213 on: March 07, 2012, 08:41:54 PM »

:-*
This will be available for licensing and performance shortly.

I see that neither character was written for an actor in a wheelchair!

well since you soon won't need one .......

vixmom

« Reply #214 on: March 07, 2012, 08:44:42 PM »

Hi all,

I somehow missed the after thoughts of the show and just saw it.

Anderson Cooper thinks I'm a "sweet lady".  **blush**

Very nice, Danise!

well he is just stating the obvious!  You are a wonderful sweet lady who deserves  all good things!!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #215 on: March 07, 2012, 08:45:37 PM »

Everybody here made the cut because I upped the number to fifty when I saw how many orders were coming in :)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #216 on: March 07, 2012, 08:46:19 PM »

I really should have watched a motion picture tonight (I did watch one late in the afternoon) but I just couldn't even get up the energy to go in the other room.

vixmom

« Reply #217 on: March 07, 2012, 08:46:24 PM »

It's was a disastrous trip to Baltimore: too much money spent on taxis and trains to find that the Historical Society had absolutley nothing on the show. The Ford's Theatre programs between 1880 and 1915 are bound in nice volumes and from then on it's an occasional program, but nothing from the week of Sept 5, 1925. It was a total waste of time.

Nice people working there, and they did all they could to be helpful. I'm bummed. It looks like I may be off to Dublin in April, so that's good news.

I am so sorry to hear that Baltimore did not work out as you had hoped  VIBES for another wonderful Dublin tip

vixmom

« Reply #218 on: March 07, 2012, 08:50:48 PM »

BAN THE PB&J = BRING ON THE SOYLENT PINK!

The U.S. Department of Agriculture’s continued purchase of so-called pink slime for school lunches makes no sense, according to two former microbiologists at the Food Safety Inspection Service.

“I have a 2-year-old son,” microbiologist Gerald Zirnstein told The Daily. “And you better believe I don’t want him eating pink slime when he starts going to school.”

It was Zirnstein who first coined the term “pink slime” after touring a Beef Products Inc. production facility in 2002 as part of an investigation into salmonella contamination in packaged ground beef. In an email to his colleagues shortly after the visit, Zirnstein said he did not “consider the stuff to be ground beef.”

Made by grinding together connective tissue and beef scraps normally destined for dog food and rendering, BPI’s Lean Beef Trimmings are then treated with ammonia hydroxide, a process that kills pathogens such as salmonella and E. coli.

The resulting pinkish substance is later blended into traditional ground beef and hamburger patties.

For retired microbiologist Carl Custer, a 35-year veteran of the Food Safety Inspection Service, the idea of mixing in BPI’s Lean Beef Trimmings into more nutritious, pure ground beef was itself problematic.

“We originally called it soylent pink,” Custer told The Daily. “We looked at the product and we objected to it because it used connective tissues instead of muscle. It was simply not nutritionally equivalent [to ground beef]. My main objection was that it was not meat.”

The USDA, which plans to buy 7 million pounds of Lean Beef Trimmings from BPI in the coming months for the national school lunch program, said in a statement that all of its ground beef purchases “meet the highest standard for food safety.” USDA officials also noted that the sole role of the food inspection service is to determine the overall safety of the nation’s food supply, not to make judgments on a product’s relative merits.

But Zirnstein and Custer say that the USDA now finds itself in the odd position of purchasing a product that has recently been dropped by fast-food giants McDonald’s, Burger King and Taco Bell.

“My objection with having it in the schools is that it’s not meat,” Custer said.

In 2005, the USDA limited the amount of ammonia-treated Lean Beef Trimmings in a serving of ground beef to 15 percent, but lax labeling requirements mean that it is virtually impossible as a consumer — and for parents of children at a schools where “pink slime” is a part of lunch — to know whether a given package of ground beef or hamburger patty contains it.

“The USDA-AMS [Agricultural Marketing Service] does allow for the inclusion of BPI Boneless Lean Beef in the ground beef they procure for all their federal food programs and, according to federal labeling requirements, it is not a raw material that is uniquely labeled,” Amy Bell, spokeswoman for the California Department of Education Food Distribution Program, told The Daily in an email. “Accordingly, there is no way to tell from simply looking at a package of finished product if BPI Boneless Lean Beef is in the product mix.”

Last year, the USDA said that 6.5 percent of the beef it purchased for the national school lunch program came from BPI.

der Brucer

Maybe you should just bring the kids to MacDonalds

;) ;D

vixmom

« Reply #219 on: March 07, 2012, 08:52:20 PM »

Everybody here made the cut because I upped the number to fifty when I saw how many orders were coming in :)

YAAAAAAAAAAYY!!!!!

thank you!!!     :-*

vixmom

« Reply #220 on: March 07, 2012, 08:59:31 PM »

Der B

I have so many mixed feelings about your posts... I am so glad to see you back, but quite sorry to hear about the loss of  your dogs and your melanoma

However I was happy to hear that  you received such excellent medical care and adopted two new  furry children

Please send my love to Woody -  I hope to see much more of the two of you hereabouts!!!

vixmom

« Reply #221 on: March 07, 2012, 09:01:17 PM »

Richard and I spent the evening watching the first 4 episodes of Downton Abbey and we're hooked!
It's a good addiction. As you have gathered from the many posts on this site.

Well, I found it a bit over the top when the zombie survivors of the Titanic showed up, but your mileage may vary.

darn it all Jeffrey!!  Spoiler Alerts!   PLEASE!!!!!!

;D

vixmom

« Reply #222 on: March 07, 2012, 09:10:10 PM »

tonight the Vixter and I went to see Love Never Dies

I intentionally avoided reading anything about the play  so I had no preconceived notions  except fore knowing it was the POTO sequel and where it was set

While I will probably not be running out to buy the cast recording anytime soon I was indeed taken by the story and greatly enjoyed myself.  I am very glad we went to see it

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
« Reply #223 on: March 07, 2012, 10:58:20 PM »

~~~Vibes for DR Der Brucer!!~~~

Thanks for well wishes, but please NO VIBES! Imagine the havoc all those vibes would play with the multitude of stainless steel staples holding my torso together!

der Brucer
We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]   Go Up