Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]   Go Down

Author Topic: RAIN  (Read 15914 times)

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
Re: RAIN
« Reply #210 on: March 18, 2012, 08:31:26 PM »

The next time my arm and hand are tigly, I will die becuaw I will never waste six hours of my life waiting around an ER for things to happen. I had a very pretty and wonderful doctor who would check out things, ask  questions, and then vanish for long periods of time. Around 5:30, i had an EKG, byy 7:00pm, it was determined it was no heart attack, but blood was drawn to check electrolytes and blood levels. They wanted me to have a brain scan but I wasn't interested in waiting around the rest of the night. Around 9, I started getting antsy, and a very nice male nurse at my request found my doctor, and she told me that the bloodwork looked good and as soon as the tests were all in, I could go. Three hours later, i was told my tests were great and then I waited annother 40 minutes to be dismissed.

That was my evening. I am in good health. so WTF?
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #211 on: March 18, 2012, 08:32:59 PM »

And thanks for all the vibes and concern. I really do appreciate that.

Dame Ben Brantley liked ONCE! Good reviews so far.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #212 on: March 18, 2012, 08:42:25 PM »

I have a jury trial starting on Tuesday.  It's terribly over charged and the penalty is extreme if we lose.  So I could use some vibes here.  We have our last pretrial conference in the morning.  I'm ready for it and for trial.  Not expected to last long.  When it's done I'll have more time to stop by

~~~TRIAL VIBES FOR DR CILLALIZ!!~~~
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #213 on: March 18, 2012, 08:43:09 PM »

The next time my arm and hand are tigly, I will die becuaw I will never waste six hours of my life waiting around an ER for things to happen. I had a very pretty and wonderful doctor who would check out things, ask  questions, and then vanish for long periods of time. Around 5:30, i had an EKG, byy 7:00pm, it was determined it was no heart attack, but blood was drawn to check electrolytes and blood levels. They wanted me to have a brain scan but I wasn't interested in waiting around the rest of the night. Around 9, I started getting antsy, and a very nice male nurse at my request found my doctor, and she told me that the bloodwork looked good and as soon as the tests were all in, I could go. Three hours later, i was told my tests were great and then I waited annother 40 minutes to be dismissed.

But Larry, now you know!

:-*
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #214 on: March 18, 2012, 08:53:32 PM »

I have a jury trial starting on Tuesday.  It's terribly over charged and the penalty is extreme if we lose.  So I could use some vibes here.  We have our last pretrial conference in the morning.  I'm ready for it and for trial.  Not expected to last long.  When it's done I'll have more time to stop by

~~~TRIAL VIBES FOR DR CILLALIZ!!~~~
Ditto. And  I hope you get that rain.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #215 on: March 18, 2012, 08:53:45 PM »

Good news, Larry.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #216 on: March 18, 2012, 08:53:58 PM »

Night, all.
― Voltaire

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #217 on: March 18, 2012, 08:58:41 PM »

But Larry, now you know!

DR George, I just purchased "Chandler's Wife" from the iTunes store. It's another one of the warm up songs, along with "Raglan Road." I'm happy that at least two of them got recorded.

George

« Reply #218 on: March 18, 2012, 09:09:51 PM »

But Larry, now you know!

DR George, I just purchased "Chandler's Wife" from the iTunes store. It's another one of the warm up songs, along with "Raglan Road." I'm happy that at least two of them got recorded.

So, "Chandler's Wife" and "Raglan Road" are both pre-show music.  Do you any idea where "Este Si Ja Pohar Vina Zaplatim" might fit in the score?  Or if it was cut or used in the movie?  Inquiring minds want to know!

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #219 on: March 18, 2012, 09:16:41 PM »

But Larry, now you know!

So, "Chandler's Wife" and "Raglan Road" are both pre-show music.  Do you any idea where "Este Si Ja Pohar Vina Zaplatim" might fit in the score?  Or if it was cut or used in the movie?  Inquiring minds want to know!
http://www.talkinbroadway.com/allthatchat/d.php?id=2054662

See the bottom of this "review" for a complete musical sequence.DR Ben, I don't agree with you about the movie and the musical; i think the musical is an imaginative revision and not an attempt to put the film onstage: the songs are in different places, the cast iis utilized more imaginatively. I wish more movie adaptations treated the films they're based on so loosely rather than try to present the movie onstage.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2012, 09:21:57 PM by elmore3003 »

vixmom

• Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty
« Reply #220 on: March 18, 2012, 09:48:49 PM »

Glad to see elmore is safe and sound  - sorry for the wasted evening but better safe than sorry
Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty

It’s weird being the same age as old people

vixmom

« Reply #221 on: March 18, 2012, 09:51:33 PM »

:-* :-* :-I would hope that you would try and mend fences rather than kiss goodbye a 30 year friendship - life is too short to be stubborn and hold grudges - agree to disagree about whatever it is and move on 

Please deposit five cents into the can on your way out

:-* :-* :-*

vixmom

« Reply #222 on: March 18, 2012, 09:53:52 PM »

What I want to know is why Monday through Friday the days are so long and Saturday and Sunday  just fly by ----

but it was a gloriously warm and sunny weekend and I did get to spend a goodly part of both days out in the lovely weather so for that I dam duly grateful

George

« Reply #223 on: March 18, 2012, 10:05:32 PM »

But Larry, now you know!

http://www.talkinbroadway.com/allthatchat/d.php?id=2054662

See the bottom of this "review" for a complete musical sequence.DR Ben, I don't agree with you about the movie and the musical; i think the musical is an imaginative revision and not an attempt to put the film onstage: the songs are in different places, the cast iis utilized more imaginatively. I wish more movie adaptations treated the films they're based on so loosely rather than try to present the movie onstage.

Thanks for the link!

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #224 on: March 18, 2012, 10:07:47 PM »

I believe I am one of two HHW-ers who actually saw THE GOOD OLD BAD OLD DAYS.  The other was former DR Tomovoz.  I asked BK about it a long time ago and I thought he said that EMI didn't have the paperwork, so I'm thrilled it's being released.  For any of you who haven't heard it, it has some really pretty Newley-Bricusse ballads in it.  The night I saw it the theater was about 1/3 full, so I simply moved right up to an orchestra seat and was within a few feet of the inimitable Mr. Newley.
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

JMK

« Reply #225 on: March 18, 2012, 10:09:03 PM »

When I went back years later and looked at my diary of that European summer, I was somewhat aghast to see that I had been considering seeing Angela Lansbury in GYPSY that night in London, but decided on Newley instead.

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

JMK

« Reply #226 on: March 18, 2012, 10:09:35 PM »

My only excuse is that I was impossibly young at the time.  :)

JMK

« Reply #227 on: March 18, 2012, 10:10:27 PM »

I have gone back over all the CASTRECL posts I received for the past several days and I sure as frell never got any announcement from Max.

JMK

« Reply #228 on: March 18, 2012, 10:11:20 PM »

Sammy Davis, Jr's follow up single to THE CANDY MAN, THE PEOPLE TREE comes from GOBOD.

JMK

« Reply #229 on: March 18, 2012, 10:11:40 PM »

But don't let that stop you from getting it.

JMK

« Reply #230 on: March 18, 2012, 10:13:05 PM »

That was the same summer I went to NYC and saw PIPPIN and A LITTLE NIGHT MUSIC, and my thought after seeing GOBOD was that someone had seen PIPPIN and was trying to do something that fantastically theatrical, but didn't quite have the mojo to pull it off.  Tony played the Devil and Paul Douglas was G-d, who was thinking of destroying the world.  The Devil wants the world to be saved so that he can continue wreaking havoc.

JMK

« Reply #231 on: March 18, 2012, 10:14:23 PM »

There were a couple of questionable moments in the show, including a number in blackface and another burlesque type thing that presaged ASSASSINS and had bullseye laden posters of victims like JFK and RFK being turned on turnstiles to face the audience.

JMK

« Reply #232 on: March 18, 2012, 10:16:46 PM »

Newley also released a couple of pop single versions from the score, including the lovely THE GOOD THINGS IN LIFE.

vixmom

« Reply #233 on: March 18, 2012, 10:37:32 PM »

grrrrr trying to post pictures of what I think is a hawk that the Vixter and I saw today and I cannot get them to resize and have been thrown off site twice now for too large posts

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]   Go Up