Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: CHICKEN CORD ON BLUE  (Read 10621 times)

Matthew

• You there, why are you so late?
Re: CHICKEN CORD ON BLUE
« Reply #30 on: March 21, 2012, 07:56:51 AM »

hello, goodbye

Matthew

« Reply #31 on: March 21, 2012, 08:13:23 AM »

Masquers review posted

Matthew

« Reply #32 on: March 21, 2012, 08:17:00 AM »

Today, I'm off to the Religious Education Congress in Anaheim.  I only have half of my ears in tact.  This cold has settled in my right ear and it seems like I can hear only in mono.  I stayed home from work today because I can't hear anything if I'm talking.  Choir rehearsal was a challenge because I could only hear the piano as the choir was on my right.  I'm hoping I can clear this up before my flight as I'm not looking forward to the pressure and the sudden pain that may occur when my ear decides to clear up.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #33 on: March 21, 2012, 08:51:18 AM »

Greetings from Toyland! I've picked up my taxes and paid for everything. The office is still in one piece, and I'm heading uptown. DEARST ENEMY and ROBERTA are waiting for me there. I also need to call my doctor about a physical exam and the Toyland building management about an office. Keep those office vibes coming! I'm being evicted from Toyland very soon.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #34 on: March 21, 2012, 08:53:17 AM »

Vibes for Matthew, Elmore, Cillaliz and ..., well, everybody. Sounds like a vibe-needed day.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #35 on: March 21, 2012, 08:58:21 AM »

OK, here's a warning on the following clip: Eddie Cantor is in blackface. That said, here's a glimpse into a Ziegfeld show:

http://travsd.wordpress.com/2012/03/21/ziegfelds-midnight-frolic/

“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
« Reply #36 on: March 21, 2012, 09:43:50 AM »

New images of sunken Titanic released

New images from the April 2012 edition of National Geographic magazine show the complete wreck of the Titanic for the first time ever. The luxury passenger liner sank about 375 miles south of Newfoundland, Canada, after striking an iceberg on its maiden voyage from England to New York, killing 1,517 people.

The bow of the Titanic rests on the bottom of the North Atlantic, about 400 miles southeast of Newfoundland. A team of scientists will launch an expedition to the Titanic on Aug. 18, 2010, to assess the deteriorating condition of the world's most famous shipwreck.
Source: AP Photo/Ralph White

This August 2010 photo provided by RMS Titanic Inc., shows Captain Smiths Bathtub aboard the sunken ship. The plumbing allowed the Captain a choice of salt or fresh water, hot or cold. Scientists were in court in Norfolk Va. revealing never-before-seen images of the Titanic and the ocean bottom where the violently strewn remnants of the world's most famous shipwreck rest nearly a century after it sank on its maiden voyage.
Source: AP Photo/RMS Titanic Inc.

Single-ended boiler: Five 57-ton boilers rolled out of boiler room 1 like giant marbles when the hull split in two. The smallest on board, they were used to heat and light the ship when in port.
Source: RMS Titanic, Inc; Produced by Woods Hole Oceanographic Institute

der Brucer

We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.

Matthew

« Reply #37 on: March 21, 2012, 10:15:30 AM »

DerB, those are awesome shots

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #38 on: March 21, 2012, 10:17:51 AM »

DerB, those are awesome shots

Aren't they? Really neat.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #39 on: March 21, 2012, 10:18:41 AM »

I am home. I have a couple of calls to make, and then I think I will cook up a large pot of spaghetti sauce and freeze most of it.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2012, 10:22:25 AM by elmore3003 »

Matthew

« Reply #40 on: March 21, 2012, 10:36:19 AM »

I'm continually in awe about the whole Titanic disaster.  I love the James Cameron movie, especially when the ship hits the iceberg, I think it's amazing what they were able to accomplish cinematically with that event.  I do like the musical for what it is, which I know isn't much. 

John G.

« Reply #41 on: March 21, 2012, 10:48:28 AM »

My bathroom is almost as messy as that middle photo.
― Voltaire

FJL

« Reply #42 on: March 21, 2012, 10:49:34 AM »

Sorry for being so E&T.  It couldn't be helped and I must catch up, but just wanted to drop in and say all is OK.

FJL

« Reply #43 on: March 21, 2012, 10:49:59 AM »

Not that there was anything wrong.

John G.

« Reply #44 on: March 21, 2012, 10:59:06 AM »

Hi, FJL.
― Voltaire

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #45 on: March 21, 2012, 11:01:49 AM »

I've been up since nine and doing a few things.  The pool man is here and trying to figure out why the pump isn't working - it's either a small part that has to be replaced or the pump motor - either way, I've asked him to do it.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #46 on: March 21, 2012, 11:03:51 AM »

It's the pump motor and it will be replaced tomorrow.

Matthew

« Reply #47 on: March 21, 2012, 11:04:58 AM »

Going to purchase the kindle version of "There's Mel.." and "Rewind" to read on my weekend away.  I remembering really liking "Rewind" enough to read again.  (same with "There's Mel...")

FJL

« Reply #48 on: March 21, 2012, 11:06:42 AM »

Hi, FJL.

Hi, John G.  Hope you're progressing well health-wise. 
When did you get in spitting distance of 9000?

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #49 on: March 21, 2012, 11:08:31 AM »

From DR derBrucer:
Just what Jane needs for for hiking jaunts with Sherlock:  high-heeled sneakers:

Do you want me to break something again ;)
Boy, are those ridiculous looking.

Jane

« Reply #50 on: March 21, 2012, 11:10:25 AM »

Got a wake-up call from Mom wondering if I had been affected by the tornadoes that she had read about. I didn't know we had had tornadoes until I read a story that they had touched down around 50 miles south of town. But I guess that's still San Antonio to the rest of the world.

It would be nice if the news would say exactly where these things happen.  I know I've tried to pinpoint fires in California knowing they were close to loved ones.

Jane

« Reply #51 on: March 21, 2012, 11:11:14 AM »

A great big THANKS to y'all for the vibes for my Mom because it looks like they worked!  They did the ablation procedure yesterday afternoon and when they brought Mom back up to her room and hooked her back to the monitor, she displayed a continuous and STEADY heartbeat of 80 and her blood pressure was at a likewise normal and steady level.  It was a wonderful sight to behold!  She still has a touch of pnumonia to deal with but the pulmonary doctor said that it didn't look too threatening and can be handled with antibiotics.

I've gone back to work this morning for the first time in two weeks--I just felt I needed a touch of normalcy for myself

Again, thank you all for the vibes!

GREAT NEWS!!!!

Jane

« Reply #52 on: March 21, 2012, 11:12:21 AM »

Good thing you don't really need your pinkie to ride a bike. I just sort of kept it off the handles. Otherwise it hurt.

About what I expected. 

Jane

« Reply #53 on: March 21, 2012, 11:23:37 AM »

I'm fighting a cold, that combined with the Benadryl I took last night, I'm rather groggy today.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #54 on: March 21, 2012, 11:35:39 AM »

DR DANISE - do you have any type of Media software on your computer?  You may be able to copy the disks yourself.....

Please don't...I already made the copies. :D
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #55 on: March 21, 2012, 11:35:51 AM »

A great big THANKS to y'all for the vibes for my Mom because it looks like they worked!  They did the ablation procedure yesterday afternoon and when they brought Mom back up to her room and hooked her back to the monitor, she displayed a continuous and STEADY heartbeat of 80 and her blood pressure was at a likewise normal and steady level.  It was a wonderful sight to behold!  She still has a touch of pnumonia to deal with but the pulmonary doctor said that it didn't look too threatening and can be handled with antibiotics.

I've gone back to work this morning for the first time in two weeks--I just felt I needed a touch of normalcy for myself

Again, thank you all for the vibes!

Great news, Dan (the Man)!! ;D
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

John G.

« Reply #56 on: March 21, 2012, 11:36:30 AM »

Hi, FJL.

Hi, John G.  Hope you're progressing well health-wise. 
When did you get in spitting distance of 9000?
I am doing quite well, thank you. All recuperated and up to snuff (though I don't actually dip snuff).
And I dunno on the 9,000 thing. Guess I've just been blathering again.
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #57 on: March 21, 2012, 11:38:04 AM »

Got a wake-up call from Mom wondering if I had been affected by the tornadoes that she had read about. I didn't know we had had tornadoes until I read a story that they had touched down around 50 miles south of town. But I guess that's still San Antonio to the rest of the world.

It would be nice if the news would say exactly where these things happen.  I know I've tried to pinpoint fires in California knowing they were close to loved ones.
Well, I did call them when the tornadoes ripped through southern Indiana and they spent a few hours in the basement. So, I guess it was a nice way of returning the concern.
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #58 on: March 21, 2012, 11:38:38 AM »

We need to get to page three.
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #59 on: March 21, 2012, 11:38:50 AM »

One more.
― Voltaire
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up