Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: CHICKEN CORD ON BLUE  (Read 10578 times)

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
Re: CHICKEN CORD ON BLUE
« Reply #60 on: March 21, 2012, 11:39:01 AM »

Page three!
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #61 on: March 21, 2012, 11:42:14 AM »

Got a wake-up call from Mom wondering if I had been affected by the tornadoes that she had read about. I didn't know we had had tornadoes until I read a story that they had touched down around 50 miles south of town. But I guess that's still San Antonio to the rest of the world.

It would be nice if the news would say exactly where these things happen.  I know I've tried to pinpoint fires in California knowing they were close to loved ones.
Well, I did call them when the tornadoes ripped through southern Indiana and they spent a few hours in the basement. So, I guess it was a nice way of returning the concern.

Speaking of tornadoes...NASA's Mars Reconnaissance Orbiter Captures Twister On Red Planet!

Amazing!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #62 on: March 21, 2012, 11:50:51 AM »

Got a wake-up call from Mom wondering if I had been affected by the tornadoes that she had read about. I didn't know we had had tornadoes until I read a story that they had touched down around 50 miles south of town. But I guess that's still San Antonio to the rest of the world.

It would be nice if the news would say exactly where these things happen.  I know I've tried to pinpoint fires in California knowing they were close to loved ones.
Well, I did call them when the tornadoes ripped through southern Indiana and they spent a few hours in the basement. So, I guess it was a nice way of returning the concern.

Calls are good.  I just know sometimes we worry, thanks to the news, unnecessarily.  When it is necessary we can't always get through on the phone to find out if all is ok.

After the last BIG earthquake in L.A. we were lucky a neighbor suggested my mother in-law give us a call, before we even heard it on the news.  I then called my father & knew all was ok in West L.A.  After calling him I couldn't reach anyone else.  One friend called me collect & the other called Keith's office 800 number.  Neither of them could call us directly & it took a couple of days before we had news.

It was the same after 911.  The way Bryan found out if his friend's were ok was by calling their parents who lived out of the city.  I thought it was sweet the first calls all went to the parents.

Jane

« Reply #63 on: March 21, 2012, 11:52:00 AM »

The photos today are very interesting.

George

« Reply #64 on: March 21, 2012, 11:57:33 AM »

And the word of the day is: LEGATO!

And The Song Of The Day Is:  A QUIET THING

One of my all-time favorites!
Mine, too.

Mine, three!  I used to take a workshop with this incredible jazz piano player in town (Joe Baque...he was in his 80s at the time) and I had the idea to do "When I Fall in Love" and pair it with "A Quiet Thing."  Joe (the piano player) loved the idea and we worked on it a couple of times, but I never got the chance to perform it.  Joe is probably in his 90s now and still playing strong!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #65 on: March 21, 2012, 12:02:16 PM »

Song of the day:  I love Brent Barrett's rendition of the song.
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Cillaliz

« Reply #66 on: March 21, 2012, 12:50:10 PM »

I just heard my two favorite words....NOT GUILTY!!!! Woo and Hoo.  My client cried, his mother cried, his roommate almost cried. The jury saw the reaction and looked very pleased that they had acquitted him.

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #67 on: March 21, 2012, 12:54:44 PM »

Congrats. Cilla.
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

John G.

« Reply #68 on: March 21, 2012, 12:56:13 PM »

I just heard my two favorite words....NOT GUILTY!!!! Woo and Hoo.  My client cried, his mother cried, his roommate almost cried. The jury saw the reaction and looked very pleased that they had acquitted him.

Great news. Congrats.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

George

« Reply #69 on: March 21, 2012, 01:07:41 PM »

Cilla, Congrats to you and your client and his family!! ;D

Laura

« Reply #70 on: March 21, 2012, 01:12:29 PM »

Great news, Cillaliz! If I ever need a criminal defense lawyer, I'd want you on my side!
"That's a lotta hamsters."

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #71 on: March 21, 2012, 01:16:37 PM »

Good news, DR Cillaliz!

Can we ask the details of the trial or is that unethical?
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

John G.

« Reply #72 on: March 21, 2012, 01:29:02 PM »

So, all the chairs are set up for Santorum's appearance at work tomorrow. And to top it off, Romney is appearing here next week.
― Voltaire

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #73 on: March 21, 2012, 01:32:37 PM »

So, all the chairs are set up for Santorum's appearance at work tomorrow. And to top it off, Romney is appearing here next week.

I hope every chair has a can of Raid and pile of rocks to spray and throw at the piece of scum. 
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

John G.

« Reply #74 on: March 21, 2012, 01:33:10 PM »

I hope every chair has a can of Raid and pile of rocks to spray and throw at the piece of scum. 
How do you really feel?
― Voltaire

Jennifer

« Reply #75 on: March 21, 2012, 01:53:43 PM »

Great news DR Cillaliz!

Jennifer

« Reply #76 on: March 21, 2012, 01:57:12 PM »

DR Jane: re: those high heel sneakers that DR Der Brucer posted yesterday.  Although those are an extreme. I have a pair that is a similar idea to that. They look like sneakers. But are raised just like the ones in the picture (but not as high). And i have to say i love them. Being only 5'4 it really makes a difference. And they are so comfortable. The only heels i usually wear are wedges. But these sneaker ones are fantastic.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #77 on: March 21, 2012, 02:00:25 PM »

How do you really feel?

About Santorum? I didn't know such an anti-intellectual plle of merde, bigotry and stupidity could have gotten so far. It terrifies me a lot that someone so loathsome has supporters.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #78 on: March 21, 2012, 02:01:11 PM »

My spaghetti sauce is quite tasty.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #79 on: March 21, 2012, 02:09:44 PM »

Is that a euphemism?

It reminds me of a character in "Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil" -- The Lady Chablis is always trying to entice a character with her "candy."  I can just hear her saying, "My candy is quite tasty."

Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

John G.

« Reply #80 on: March 21, 2012, 02:22:46 PM »

I love euphemisms. When I understand them.  ;)
― Voltaire

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #81 on: March 21, 2012, 02:42:21 PM »

Today's PR Laugh o'the Day:

Fox just sent out a press release about a new 10 disc Frank Sinatra collection which includes THE MANCHURIAN CANDIDATE, followed by this wonderful description:  "Perfectly timed for Mother's Day. . "  :)
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

Doug R

« Reply #82 on: March 21, 2012, 02:43:39 PM »

On my way to meet friends for a drink, I came across a young couple who were arguing and the young man began to slap and hit the girl around the face and shoved her on the ground. I intervened and told him to stop hitting her. He didn't respond and although the girl was crying she didn't request further help so I didn't see what else I could to help. I felt a bit guilty walking on but there were other people around so i didn't think she was in serious danger.  

Jane

« Reply #83 on: March 21, 2012, 02:50:30 PM »

Jane

« Reply #84 on: March 21, 2012, 02:50:59 PM »

Great news, Cillaliz! If I ever need a criminal defense lawyer, I'd want you on my side!

DITTO!!!

Jane

« Reply #85 on: March 21, 2012, 02:53:01 PM »

DR Jane: re: those high heel sneakers that DR Der Brucer posted yesterday.  Although those are an extreme. I have a pair that is a similar idea to that. They look like sneakers. But are raised just like the ones in the picture (but not as high). And i have to say i love them. Being only 5'4 it really makes a difference. And they are so comfortable. The only heels i usually wear are wedges. But these sneaker ones are fantastic.

I've seen cute sneakers that aren't so high. :)  I'm shorter than you are & shrinking so I appreciate wanting extra height.  I rarely wear heals of any kind.

John G.

« Reply #86 on: March 21, 2012, 02:54:13 PM »

On my way to meet friends for a drink, I came across a young couple who were arguing and the young man began to slap and hit the girl around the face and shoved her on the ground. I intervened and told him to stop hitting her. He didn't respond and although the girl was crying she didn't request further help so I didn't see what else I could to help. I felt a bit guilty walking on but there were other people around so i didn't think she was in serious danger.  
At  least you spoke up. That was a brave thing to do.
― Voltaire

Jane

« Reply #87 on: March 21, 2012, 02:54:40 PM »

Today's PR Laugh o'the Day:

Fox just sent out a press release about a new 10 disc Frank Sinatra collection which includes THE MANCHURIAN CANDIDATE, followed by this wonderful description:  "Perfectly timed for Mother's Day. . "  :)

;D

Jane

« Reply #88 on: March 21, 2012, 02:56:47 PM »

How upsetting.  DS Craig was in Barnes & Noble years ago & protected a woman from her husband.  The guy pulled a knife out.  The store must of called the police.  He would have needed to testify except he left for the Peace Corps a few days later.

Cillaliz

« Reply #89 on: March 21, 2012, 03:03:04 PM »

Thanks everyone.  Elmore I can talk about it.  I could have talked sooner, but I don't like to put anything out on the internet until it's over.  It was a total crock of poop.   My client was goofing around after a night out having a few drinks with friends.  He was a college senior and it was the last weekend of college.   He and a buddy were goofing around in the dorm.  He lit a door decoration (piece of paper on the door) on fire and his buddy put it out.   they went into the shower room and he lit a piece of paper on fire and dropped it into the garbage can and they put it out.   

They were laughing and giggling like drunken college students  because they were drunken college students.  Anyway, he went into the bathroom, found a girl in the guys bathroom.  That was really funny to all of them.  she made her exit.  He used the facilities then saw the toliet paper hanging down from the dispenser.  he lit it with the lighter and no surprise it burned up wards.  His buddy kicked the dispenser off the wall and they thought they had it out.   They went to bed and woke up to fire alarms and smoke.  Somehow it wasn't out and the dispenser was burning.  It destroyed the dispenser, melted the toilet seat and sent tons of really thick smoke into the halls.  No one got hurt and the "fire" was out about the time the fire men got there.

For this he was charged with Arson in the first degree.  If convicted he would have had a mandatory 25 year prison sentence and since he's a permanent resident from Bosnia, he would have been deported.  The jury had two other options that they could have convicted him on, second degree arson or reckless use of fire.  If he got the reckless or not guilty he was fine.  The second degree he could have gotten probation, but he would have been deported.   The offer was second degree.  The jury said not guilty.

My client is a really great kid.  He got his bachelors in Business Administration and Marketing.  He'd never been in trouble before.  He's just a really cool guy.   His mother doesn't speak much English, but she and his brother were there.   He came to the US and played basketball for one of the local powerhouse high school basketball teams and got an academic and sports scholarship to college.  Both the high school coaches and the college coaches came to the trial yesterday to show support.  The support his friends and family showed was fabulous and that really makes an impression on the jury. 

Today I gave a 22 year old his life back.  It was a nice day :)
« Last Edit: March 21, 2012, 03:15:30 PM by Cillaliz »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up