Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7   Go Down

Author Topic: MERRILL-LY WE ROLL ALONG  (Read 39242 times)

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
Re: MERRILL-LY WE ROLL ALONG
« Reply #30 on: March 29, 2012, 07:54:05 AM »

Page two pasta dance!
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

Druxy

• druxmanworks.com
« Reply #31 on: March 29, 2012, 08:18:10 AM »

TOD:

Since I don't drink any alcohol, I'd have to say: Diet Orange.

;D
You can dream…or you can do.

Matthew

• You there, why are you so late?
« Reply #32 on: March 29, 2012, 08:40:35 AM »

hello, goodbye.   Wish this cough would do the same.  Haven't read the notes, so I don't know what the TOD is.  Maybe later.

You say goodbye, and I say hello.  Hello, hello!

Matthew

« Reply #33 on: March 29, 2012, 10:07:12 AM »

Slow day here. 

Matthew

« Reply #34 on: March 29, 2012, 10:07:56 AM »

maybe I'll read the notes.   Procrastinating transposing the first 2/3 of Hard Knock Life down a step....

Matthew

« Reply #35 on: March 29, 2012, 10:15:55 AM »

Read the notes.  Have to say, that the sing-a-long should be "How Much is that Doggie in the Window".  More so than "If I knew You We're Coming..." which personally, I only know the first line.  And then the rest of the Merrill catalogue is foreign to me.

FJL

« Reply #36 on: March 29, 2012, 11:06:23 AM »

I recall TAKE ME ALONG quite well (before seeing the show) from an airline ad that ran along where the wife was trying to get the husband to take her along when he took a trip on business.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #37 on: March 29, 2012, 11:08:02 AM »

I'm up, CDs are shipping, and I'm going to go get something to eat at some point soon, before starting a long day of listening.

FJL

« Reply #38 on: March 29, 2012, 11:08:20 AM »

Oops, meant to link that airline TAKE ME ALONG ad

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oRPWbraGpR8

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #39 on: March 29, 2012, 11:08:30 AM »

And today is a day we will NOT want to remain on page two for much longer.

FJL

« Reply #40 on: March 29, 2012, 11:09:08 AM »

The notes to that ad mention that the ad was directed by Michael Cimino!!!!

Matthew

« Reply #41 on: March 29, 2012, 11:19:17 AM »

still procrastinating... can't find the way the add a blasted dynamic mark in my score with Sibelius.  It's my first time using the program and I've been instructed NOT to go back to Encore.  So far it's fine, but where the BLASTED HELL are the dynamic markings???

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #42 on: March 29, 2012, 11:21:53 AM »

I believe I had what is known as a tantrum last night.

Hope that does not happen again.

:-[

~~~No More Tantrum Vibes for DR Sam!!~~~
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #43 on: March 29, 2012, 11:22:05 AM »

Good morning, all! Another fitful night of sleep: too much DEAREST ENEMY tsuris, I suspect. An inquiry has been sent out for our leading lady, I'm happy to hear. I am concerned about the situation with our juvenile lead; Oevnden was a great idea, but my Dublin agents don't move so fast as I'd like - I've been pushing for castng availability since mid-February and now it's the end of March! - but I have my fingers crossed it will work out. Keep them Ovenden vibes coming!

~~~Ovenden Vibes for DR Elmore!!~~~
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #44 on: March 29, 2012, 11:26:21 AM »

Well, dammit! We lost Julian Ovenden, so I'm back to the Brit juvenile search. I've got them checking out the schedule of Hadley Fraser, the Raoul on the Royal Albert Hall PHANTOM OF THE OPERA with Sierra Boggess, but I need to have a couple of other possibilities up my proverbial sleeve in case. I'm checking out youtube clips for Will Barratt, Killian donnelly, and Simon Bailey,
« Last Edit: March 29, 2012, 11:29:34 AM by elmore3003 »
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

George

« Reply #45 on: March 29, 2012, 11:27:37 AM »

Well, dammit! We lost Julian Ovenden, so I'm back to the Brit juvenile search. I've got them checking out the schedule of Hadley Fraser, the Raoul on the Royal Albert Hall PHANTOM OF THE OPERA with Sierra Boggess, but I need to have a couple of other possibilities up my proverbial sleeve in case. I'm checking out youtube clips for Will Barratt, Killian donnelly, and Simon Bailey,

Darn.  Sorry about that, Larry. :-\

John G.

« Reply #46 on: March 29, 2012, 11:28:13 AM »

The notes to that ad mention that the ad was directed by Michael Cimino!!!!
OK, now that is an odd bit of trivia. Can't wait until I get home tonight to watch it.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #47 on: March 29, 2012, 11:28:28 AM »

Darn.  Sorry about that, Larry. :-\
Very sorry.
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #48 on: March 29, 2012, 11:29:26 AM »

Getting work done on my paper so I am happy.
― Voltaire

George

« Reply #49 on: March 29, 2012, 11:36:43 AM »

Well, it's official.  Our library's director has been let go...with cause. ::)

We can now move forward to find a replacement.  Hopefully, sooner rather than later.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #50 on: March 29, 2012, 11:36:49 AM »

I'm really surprised that no books have arrived, at least none we're hearing about.  Priority is priority and they were all at the post office by noon on Tuesday.

George

« Reply #51 on: March 29, 2012, 11:38:27 AM »

I almost had a big cooking disaster.  This morning I was making a pasta salad for tonight. When i cooked the pasta, right after i took it out, i put it under freezing cold water, thinking that then i could just mix it with the rest of the ingredients right away.

Well i had tasted the pasta hot and it tasted fine. But after i mixed it with the other ingredients, the past was hard and uncooked. And it was already mixed with oil and vinegar and everything.

I don't know what happened. MAybe it was a bit undercooked when i first tested it hot. Maybe the cold water did something to it.

Anyhow I ended up separating the pasta from the other ingredients (it was still lightly coated with oil, vinegar.... and i put it in a wok. ANd just kept stirring it (i added a bit extra olive oil to the pan).  I think it cooked it the rest of the way through. So i am pretty sure it is alright.

Has anybody else had this happen to them before? Is it a big no-no to put the pasta under the freezing cold water right away? Was it bad to mix it right away? I know last time i made pasta salad i let the pasta cool before mixing it with the rest of the ingredients.

I've never heard of putting pasta under "freezing" cold water.  I've always just read to put it under cool or cold, but not freezing.  Maybe that just re-hardened it because it was so cold.

Just a guess.

George

« Reply #52 on: March 29, 2012, 11:39:25 AM »

I'm really surprised that no books have arrived, at least none we're hearing about.  Priority is priority and they were all at the post office by noon on Tuesday.

Mine was just brought to my desk about three minutes ago!  Thanks, BK!  And the special gift is quite special and quite nice! ;D

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #53 on: March 29, 2012, 11:40:39 AM »

Sorry Larry.  Best of luck VIBES on locking in someone you like very soon!

Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #54 on: March 29, 2012, 11:41:55 AM »

I almost had a big cooking disaster.  This morning I was making a pasta salad for tonight. When i cooked the pasta, right after i took it out, i put it under freezing cold water, thinking that then i could just mix it with the rest of the ingredients right away.

Well i had tasted the pasta hot and it tasted fine. But after i mixed it with the other ingredients, the past was hard and uncooked. And it was already mixed with oil and vinegar and everything.

I don't know what happened. MAybe it was a bit undercooked when i first tested it hot. Maybe the cold water did something to it.

Anyhow I ended up separating the pasta from the other ingredients (it was still lightly coated with oil, vinegar.... and i put it in a wok. ANd just kept stirring it (i added a bit extra olive oil to the pan).  I think it cooked it the rest of the way through. So i am pretty sure it is alright.

Has anybody else had this happen to them before? Is it a big no-no to put the pasta under the freezing cold water right away? Was it bad to mix it right away? I know last time i made pasta salad i let the pasta cool before mixing it with the rest of the ingredients.

I've never heard of putting pasta under "freezing" cold water.  I've always just read to put it under cool or cold, but not freezing.  Maybe that just re-hardened it because it was so cold.

Just a guess.

I never, Never, NEVER rinse pasta in water.   I haven't even seen the recommendation on a pasta box in decades!

Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

George

« Reply #55 on: March 29, 2012, 11:42:53 AM »

I also just received from Amazon the original cast recording to The Minister's Wife and a micro memory card. :D

George

« Reply #56 on: March 29, 2012, 11:43:47 AM »

Topic of the Day:

I don't drink, but once in a while, my friend Margo and I go to a place called The Rock Wood Fired Pizza when we see movies at the Lacey Regal Cinemas.  They have a drink called The Bucket ("The Rock’s original blend of 5 premium Rums served in a freakin’ bucket!") that Margo loves...and you get to take the little plastic bucket home with you! 

One day, we were having dinner before a movie and they had a new drink, a Lava Lamp ("A liquor medley of Vodka, White Rum, Triple Sec, Melon Liquer & Blue Curacao, mixed with Sprite and Rockstar energy drink, add our famous orange Jell-o shooter as lava and you’ll be flashin’ back to the 70′s")...it was served in a plastic Lava Lamp-shaped cup that lit up and flashed lights and you got to keep that cup!  For some reason, I decided to try it...probably because you got to keep the cup.  Anyway, it was pretty good.  I didn't even get a buzz on it but at $9.99, I haven't had another one, but I really liked the presentation of it. :D

Otherwise, my favorite drink is Diet Pepsi.  Diet Coke is second, but I do not like regular colas at all. :P

Matthew

« Reply #57 on: March 29, 2012, 11:44:15 AM »

Just a guess.

I never, Never, NEVER rinse pasta in water.   I haven't even seen the recommendation on a pasta box in decades!

Ditto DR Ron

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #58 on: March 29, 2012, 11:48:27 AM »

This song has been running through my mind the past couple of days.    Who, here, remembers The Sopwith Camel?  Or the hit single by Andy Williams' former wife Claudine Longet:

Hello Hello

I like your smile

Hello, Hello

Shall We Talk A While?

Would you like some of my tangerine?

You know I'll never treat you mean..oh, no

You know I'll never treat you mean.

Matthew

« Reply #59 on: March 29, 2012, 11:50:50 AM »

Mail has not arrived yet. Usually between 1:00 and 2:00.  I'll let you know what happens then.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7   Go Up