Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: MUTANT WORDS  (Read 42168 times)

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
Re: MUTANT WORDS
« Reply #60 on: March 30, 2012, 01:11:32 PM »

Le Voila!

Page 3!
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #61 on: March 30, 2012, 01:12:56 PM »

Now!  Let's get this afternoon hurried along toward my evening!
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #62 on: March 30, 2012, 01:18:04 PM »

It poured all night & morning.  It is pouring now.  It barely drizzled on us during our walk. :)

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #63 on: March 30, 2012, 01:25:58 PM »

Great to see you, DR tb. Hope all is well.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #64 on: March 30, 2012, 01:26:30 PM »

I must say I still have the mug from the label which must not be named.  Is it a collectible yet?

Me too - and I think a T-shirt as well.

der Brucer

I know I had both the mug and t-shirt, also, but I have no idea where they are...or if I actually still have them.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Druxy

• druxmanworks.com
« Reply #65 on: March 30, 2012, 01:29:47 PM »

The book arrived today with something else in the package.

:)

Thanks, BK.
You can dream…or you can do.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #66 on: March 30, 2012, 01:47:05 PM »

Back from some bacon and eggs and picking up yesterday's package today as well as an important envelope.

John G.

« Reply #67 on: March 30, 2012, 02:13:24 PM »

This is great. Winner of the oddest title. A cookbook named "Cooking with Poo." The runners-up are hilarious.

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2012/03/30/cooking-with-poo-wins-oddest-book-title-prize/
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #68 on: March 30, 2012, 02:15:39 PM »

This is great. Winner of the oddest title. A cookbook named "Cooking with Poo." The runners-up are hilarious.

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2012/03/30/cooking-with-poo-wins-oddest-book-title-prize/

"Cooking With Poo" was a chapter in my cookbook Dishes For Your Disposal
« Last Edit: March 30, 2012, 02:33:16 PM by elmore3003 »
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
« Reply #69 on: March 30, 2012, 02:42:38 PM »

Yesterday’s visit to the Ophthalmologist was uneventful; my eye pressure had reduced to near normal.  He dilated by eyes, did lots of measuring and chart reading and decided we should give the drops more time to work before we went for surgery (so much for our Drs doing unnecessary work for the charges); so, I was remanded back to my optometrist for further monitoring.

We had all sort of time to kill, but with my eyes fully dilated I was not in the mood for much. We went downtown, walked about a bit, and had a nice lunch at a Southern Mexican style restaurant. The lunch special was “Taco Salad” (the waitress did comment that it was made from Salmon, but I said fine. What arrived was delicious, but would not pass muster as a “Taco Salad” (except it was in a shell) – the meat was large chucks of nicely broiled salmon, the beans were cold and black (and tangy), there was no cheese, the greens were a glorious mix of everything but Iceberg, and it was dressed in a lightly spiced  vinegar and oil, no guacamole, no sour cream.  Graet dish – but not a “Taco Salad”.

We came home about 1 PM.  I expected the spend a miserable few hours of coping with the damn dilated eyes. Almost tripped over a large box the Mail Man had left on the stoop – I anticipated nothing that large from Amazon, it was too large for a slim self-published book – a bomb maybe?

Well, we got inside and while Woody paid the tax ( treats around for the dog, I set about diffusing the bomb. It had $10.85 of postage more than I would ever pay to ship a simple bomb.

Inside, lo and behold was a delightful tome and a nifty “Jesus” cup (Does Zack K have a Pat Pend?).

With my eyes, I was not about to read a book – but I couldn’t resist a peek.
So I peeked, and peeked, and peeked some more…I peeked till I could barely peek at all.

And was I surprised!  No “Poor Little Me” litany, no “Misunderstood” Creative Artist, no dish-the-bitch memories – just page after page of fast-paced re-creation of the creative (and in one noteworthy instance, destructive) process. And, most of the “dish” was that the bitch was charming.

You know how when as a kid you’d go to a Saturday matinee horror film and find yourself wanting to scream “Don’t go down the cellar steps!” – well that’s how you feel when you see the best laid traps of Madam Machiavelli and her hench-husband bring about the bloody abortion of a very special creative enterprise aborning. That our intrepid author continued what became eventually a lost cause for redemption (I’m right, god dammit!) makes us pause and reconsider our  measure of the man.

It’s fun to find all sorts of unexpected references to folks we know from other places - Lea Michele, from Glee. (of course there’s Barrett Foa, with nary a reference to his current high-profile status as a leading supporting character in the top rated NCIS-LA – an omission I attribute to the author’s not being familiar with every show new show on TV). But the author is no fancy famous-name dropper – the book is filled with kind professional references to all sorts of the great supporting cast behind the record business.

Any reader will move the author a few points up on their admiration meter.
To learn more about the makings of an album, and the makings of a man, read the book.
WARNING – reading this book with dilated eyes will make one teary.

der Brucer

A book about hundreds of shows, and hundreds of albums’ and hundreds of people and one or two eateries, and no Index.  THERE IS NO DAMN INDEX!
We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.

Jane

« Reply #70 on: March 30, 2012, 02:49:46 PM »

Thank you for your long & enjoyable report.

Jane

« Reply #71 on: March 30, 2012, 02:50:15 PM »

Yesterday’s visit to the Ophthalmologist was uneventful; my eye pressure had reduced to near normal. 

:)

DERBRUCER

« Reply #72 on: March 30, 2012, 02:52:31 PM »

Shelved right next to your "Roasting the MacBeths - a literal tribute"

der Brucer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #73 on: March 30, 2012, 02:55:16 PM »

Shelved right next to your "Roasting the MacBeths - a literal tribute"

der Brucer

LOL!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Ginny

« Reply #74 on: March 30, 2012, 02:56:14 PM »

I am back from a nice visit with my Mom.  Took her some grocery items that she'd been unable to find herself and helped her with some paperwork.  We chatted a while and sketched out some plans for our trip to Michigan at the end of next month for my sister's 50th wedding anniversary.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #75 on: March 30, 2012, 02:57:33 PM »

I'm feeling slightly giddy.  I don't know why.

Other than it's Friday, it's Payday, and there is a lot of buzzing excitement over the Mega Millions jackpot which is now at a record-sharring $650 million.  Can you imagine what you'd do with that kind of money?

Actually...no.  That is soooo much money that, other than hope to become an investor in Kritzerland, I would have absolutely no idea where to start.

:D
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #76 on: March 30, 2012, 03:00:27 PM »

Whatever you do, BK, do not tell us how A NIGHT TO REMEMBER ends!
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #77 on: March 30, 2012, 03:05:51 PM »

DR TCB, they don't have pharmacies where you are that will deliver?

Nope, not that I am aware.
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #78 on: March 30, 2012, 03:08:32 PM »

TOD:

MP3 -- Company, Sondheim: A Tribute

Is that the Scrabble cover?
“One thing’s universal,

Jane

« Reply #79 on: March 30, 2012, 03:17:34 PM »

I am back from a nice visit with my Mom.  Took her some grocery items that she'd been unable to find herself and helped her with some paperwork.  We chatted a while and sketched out some plans for our trip to Michigan at the end of next month for my sister's 50th wedding anniversary.

Sounds nice. 

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #80 on: March 30, 2012, 03:27:00 PM »

Re:  UPS

Bruce, I have had several packages over the years not get delivered on the day they're supposed to arrive...and have seen the "Attempted delivery" designation.

As it was explained to me one evening near 8 p.m. when I, very upset, called from the place where the package was to have been delivered...the package for which I waited "out front" so the driver could not possibly be missed or miss me...and said package suddenly being reported as "Attempted delivery....", the drivers may have any number of reasons they didn't get to me, but they have only one choice for reporting and that's the "Attempted Delivery."

I had gone on and on about my having waited and having never seen the truck in the more than 2 hours I waited outside (yes, it was something I was ANXIOUS to get) and it was absurd that the driver had claimed he attempted to deliver when he was never anywhere near the building.

I suspect that your driver was delayed at some point and missed the closing of the UPS store...so he had to report the why of his non-delivery and had only one option to choose.

They don't tell you that up front....but if you are persistent enough, and can confirm you know the truck never showed up, they finally break down and tell you.

I had two Christmas Eves in a row, where the online tracking site suddenly switched to "Attempted Delivery."  Both times I ended up going down and standing around the lobby of UPS with a whole crowd of other people who were not home when delivery was attempted.  Finally aftter the second year, I asked one of the drivers and he told me that on Christmas Eve, their trucks are so overloaded, that by afternoon if there are a lot of stairs, or it is in an apartment building for the address; they don't even try.
“One thing’s universal,

John G.

« Reply #81 on: March 30, 2012, 03:27:29 PM »

TOD:

MP3 -- Company, Sondheim: A Tribute

Is that the Scrabble cover?

Yes, it is.
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #82 on: March 30, 2012, 03:28:19 PM »

Off to a cooking class. Roast suckling pig is on the menu. I doubt I would every try it at home, but I'll enjoy eating it.
― Voltaire

Jane

« Reply #83 on: March 30, 2012, 03:30:35 PM »

Other than it's Friday, it's Payday, and there is a lot of buzzing excitement over the Mega Millions jackpot which is now at a record-sharring $650 million.  Can you imagine what you'd do with that kind of money?

Actually...no.  That is soooo much money that, other than hope to become an investor in Kritzerland, I would have absolutely no idea where to start.

I read an article on why you don't want to win this.  I had heard before how many people end up bankrupt and/or divorced.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #84 on: March 30, 2012, 03:36:12 PM »

Woohoo, I did get my BK book yesterday! Along with the sparkling gift and two Kritzerland CDs that I ordered!

It may be awhile before I can sit down to read it as I have a couple of others ahead. Right now I am being entertained by the scandalously wonderful FULL SERVICE by Scotty Bowers.

DRs JRand and Elmore, I hope you have your copies of this book....you would love it!

I would like to read this in the hospital / rest home, and it is available on Kindle.  Would I be missing out on a lot of photographs if I ordered the Kindle version?
“One thing’s universal,

DERBRUCER

« Reply #85 on: March 30, 2012, 03:37:29 PM »

Off to a cooking class. Roast suckling pig is on the menu. I doubt I would every try it at home, but I'll enjoy eating it.

Will you be doing a review on Virgin Boy Eggs?

der Brucer

Jane

« Reply #86 on: March 30, 2012, 03:38:04 PM »

Kitty is hanging out with me.  She usually doesn't let me hold her for any length of time.  Today she was very willing as long as she was watching Craig return to their room without her.  Once his door was shut she wanted down to explore.

DERBRUCER

« Reply #87 on: March 30, 2012, 03:40:12 PM »

I read an article on why you don't want to win this. 

Tell ya what - if you win sign the ticket over to me - I'll take the risks.

I mean, what are friends for.

der Brucer

Cillaliz

« Reply #88 on: March 30, 2012, 03:46:49 PM »

I read an article on why you don't want to win this.  I had heard before how many people end up bankrupt and/or divorced.

I'll chance that

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #89 on: March 30, 2012, 03:46:58 PM »

Whatever you do, BK, do not tell us how A NIGHT TO REMEMBER ends!

Don't you go down on the boat?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Up