Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: THE APRIL FOOLS  (Read 42416 times)

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
Re: THE APRIL FOOLS
« Reply #60 on: April 01, 2012, 11:36:27 AM »

Here is our new REVAMPED Theatre Website......using the BLOG system to post on the front page creates some interesting SPACING issues, but I guess I will just have to live with it.

I like the set up a lot - but I fear that the "designer" will disappear into the ether sooner or later and leave me with a website and no tools to really keep it current.  Time will Tell.

www.putnamcountyplayhouse.com       ;D

Very nice, Jack! 
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #61 on: April 01, 2012, 11:36:41 AM »

Very nice pictures, Der Brucer!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Jennifer

« Reply #62 on: April 01, 2012, 11:36:42 AM »

Jennifer - I thought you had Kobo because you asked about it - I don't know from all these e things. :)  I get that stuff from Goodreads all the time.  I get to see what a lot of people I don't know are reading.

Yes i did mention it because you asked if you were missing any ereaders. And that is the big one in Canada. But like DR Jane said I have a kindle.

You also must have your settings to receive what your "friends" are reading. I am sure there is a very simple thing you can do to change this. I know it would drive me crazy. I get enough emails without knowing what everyone else is reading (although i do love to check to see what people are reading. I just would not want to receive an email updating every single person on my friends list.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #63 on: April 01, 2012, 11:38:07 AM »

Goodreads sent me an email this morning informing me DR Jennifer has marked............
"as to-read: Album Produced By... by Bruce Kimmel
bookshelves: to-read"

That's funny. Why would goodreads email you that?  I noticed that the book is on goodreads giveaway. But for US only.

I'm always receiving updates on what you read.  If I tracked my books I expect you would receive updates on me.  Do you want me to track them & see what happens?

No, you must have your goodreads account set to receive what your "friends" read. I do not ever receive updates so i don't think it would matter. Or i would be getting emails every hour. The only way i can see what my friends are reading is to go into the friends section and look.

There is probably something you ticked that said you wanted to be notified.

Thanks for the explanation.  Since only you & DR td are my friends I don't receive too many emails from Goodreads.

Jennifer

« Reply #64 on: April 01, 2012, 11:43:11 AM »

Goodreads sent me an email this morning informing me DR Jennifer has marked............
"as to-read: Album Produced By... by Bruce Kimmel
bookshelves: to-read"

That's funny. Why would goodreads email you that?  I noticed that the book is on goodreads giveaway. But for US only.

I'm always receiving updates on what you read.  If I tracked my books I expect you would receive updates on me.  Do you want me to track them & see what happens?

No, you must have your goodreads account set to receive what your "friends" read. I do not ever receive updates so i don't think it would matter. Or i would be getting emails every hour. The only way i can see what my friends are reading is to go into the friends section and look.

There is probably something you ticked that said you wanted to be notified.

Thanks for the explanation.  Since only you & DR td are my friends I don't receive too many emails from Goodreads.

Okay then that is not too bad. But imagine if you had 1000 "friends" and got an email each time. :)

I"m thinking when we friended each other there is a column that says "follow jennifer's reviews". I wonder if you ticked that column. I have not ticked that column for anybody.  Do you only get emails when i've finished a book and reviewed it?

Doug R

« Reply #65 on: April 01, 2012, 11:56:03 AM »

Dinner today is roast chicken with roast potatoes, peas and sprouts . I hope everyone (other than Jane) approves.

Doug R

« Reply #66 on: April 01, 2012, 11:58:37 AM »

We tried the new Fish & Chips place the other day:

der Brucer

Looks good. I love fish and chips but don't eat enough of it these days.

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
« Reply #67 on: April 01, 2012, 12:00:31 PM »

Good Read for our HHW-Titaniacs:

LATIMES

Titanic at 100: Television plans a wealth of programming
Julian Fellowes' ABC miniseries 'Titanic,' PBS' 'Saving the Titanic' and a James Cameron National Geographic special are among the various shows with plenty left to say on the subject.
……
(Herewith follows much detail/discussion on upcoming events)

My favorite quote:

"It's sad," says Ballard,…. "You don't poke your finger into the Mona Lisa, you don't go to Gettysburg with a shovel."

der Brucer
We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.

DERBRUCER

« Reply #68 on: April 01, 2012, 12:05:29 PM »

Dinner today is roast chicken with roast potatoes, peas and sprouts . I hope everyone (other than Jane) approves.

I'll approve only if you promise not to over-cook the sprouts.

der Brucer

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #69 on: April 01, 2012, 12:10:50 PM »

It's sunny out, but very nippy and quite windy, so no jog today.  I'll just relax until 2:45 then mosey on over for sound check.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #70 on: April 01, 2012, 12:32:27 PM »

Here is our new REVAMPED Theatre Website......using the BLOG system to post on the front page creates some interesting SPACING issues, but I guess I will just have to live with it.

I like the set up a lot - but I fear that the "designer" will disappear into the ether sooner or later and leave me with a website and no tools to really keep it current.  Time will Tell.

I can't read any of the blue font on the green background.
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #71 on: April 01, 2012, 12:34:53 PM »

And as a perfect tie in to EASY LISTENING and THE APRIL FOOLS, the first recording of the Bacharach-David theme song to that film was by none other than Percy Faith, who had a minor AC hit with it.

AC = Air conditioning?
“One thing’s universal,

George

« Reply #72 on: April 01, 2012, 12:36:04 PM »

I just finished listening to Donald Feltham's Broadway Radio Show, "Album Produced By....Part Two"!  I wish these could be archived. 

Actually, I wish I had thought about recording it myself.  Oh, well.  I listened to both parts and loved every minute! ;D

DERBRUCER

« Reply #73 on: April 01, 2012, 12:36:56 PM »

I can't read any of the blue font on the green background.

You're rright - it's godawful; a sympton of a designer that doesn't proof his work.

der Brucer

George

« Reply #74 on: April 01, 2012, 12:36:58 PM »

And as a perfect tie in to EASY LISTENING and THE APRIL FOOLS, the first recording of the Bacharach-David theme song to that film was by none other than Percy Faith, who had a minor AC hit with it.

AC = Air conditioning?

Anderson Cooper??

;)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #75 on: April 01, 2012, 12:42:54 PM »

Yes, forgot to mention that part two of the radio show is up. 

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #76 on: April 01, 2012, 12:59:12 PM »

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Successful Mega Hit Vibes for tonight's Kritzerland show! ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~DITTO!!~~~
Most definitely.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #77 on: April 01, 2012, 01:00:20 PM »

AC = Air conditioning?
Amy Camus? Or was that Yma Sumac?
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #78 on: April 01, 2012, 01:03:21 PM »

Just harvested a load of loquats, which I've started to pickle. First major harvest from this tree, which I planted 11 years ago. And I haven't made a dent in what the tree has one it.

Looks like loquat pie and loquat cobbler this week.
― Voltaire

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #79 on: April 01, 2012, 01:13:10 PM »

Jennifer - I thought you had Kobo because you asked about it - I don't know from all these e things. :)  I get that stuff from Goodreads all the time.  I get to see what a lot of people I don't know are reading.

Yes i did mention it because you asked if you were missing any ereaders. And that is the big one in Canada. But like DR Jane said I have a kindle.

You also must have your settings to receive what your "friends" are reading. I am sure there is a very simple thing you can do to change this. I know it would drive me crazy. I get enough emails without knowing what everyone else is reading (although i do love to check to see what people are reading. I just would not want to receive an email updating every single person on my friends list.

How very strange.  And I just received a video showing me what elmore is watching on VHS!
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #80 on: April 01, 2012, 01:14:27 PM »

Jane would approve of three out of four.
“One thing’s universal,

John G.

« Reply #81 on: April 01, 2012, 01:15:07 PM »

― Voltaire

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #82 on: April 01, 2012, 01:39:27 PM »

Good Read for our HHW-Titaniacs:

LATIMES

Titanic at 100: Television plans a wealth of programming
Julian Fellowes' ABC miniseries 'Titanic,' PBS' 'Saving the Titanic' and a James Cameron National Geographic special are among the various shows with plenty left to say on the subject.
……
(Herewith follows much detail/discussion on upcoming events)

My favorite quote:

"It's sad," says Ballard,…. "You don't poke your finger into the Mona Lisa, you don't go to Gettysburg with a shovel."

der Brucer

Dr. Ballard has been voicing the same complaint since the Nineties, when RMS Titanic Inc. won the world salvage rights.  But the salvage rights only apply to the debris field surrounding the wreckage.  The wreck itself has been explored, but left untouched.  The only exceptions were a couple of the Russian submersibles that have actually landed on different parts on the wreck itself, and the one submersible (rumored to have been working for James Cameron and his movie) that actually ran into the side of the wreck.  This is not fingers in the eye of a painting or shovels in the dirt of a battlefield.  This is not even as intrusive as the archaeological digs that are going on in hundreds of sites around the world each year.
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #83 on: April 01, 2012, 01:46:30 PM »

AC = Air conditioning?
Amy Camus? Or was that Yma Sumac?

That is was.
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #84 on: April 01, 2012, 01:47:55 PM »

Health vibes to vixmom!

Broken legs vibes to BK and his cast and crew!
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #85 on: April 01, 2012, 01:50:50 PM »

Just harvested a load of loquats, which I've started to pickle.

Dill or sweet?
“One thing’s universal,

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #86 on: April 01, 2012, 01:53:28 PM »

Hmmmmmm.....we only have green at the top of the page.  And those are the drop down tabs.   Are you seeing green someplace else on the page?
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

FJL

« Reply #87 on: April 01, 2012, 02:05:45 PM »

Yma Sumac on the David Letterman Show in late 1980's

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qIgvnGtAg7c

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #88 on: April 01, 2012, 02:06:37 PM »

Hello, everyone.

And a merry April Fools' Day to all!

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #89 on: April 01, 2012, 02:09:00 PM »

I received two NEW Kritzerland CD's yesterday!

I'm expecting mine in 2013.

Same here. But I suspect for a different reason.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Up