Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8   Go Down

Author Topic: THREE FOR THE STAGE  (Read 42653 times)

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
Re: THREE FOR THE STAGE
« Reply #90 on: April 03, 2012, 02:07:16 PM »

LOL.  Thanks.  I'll let Keith know.

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #91 on: April 03, 2012, 02:14:38 PM »

Page four!
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

Ginny

« Reply #92 on: April 03, 2012, 02:49:01 PM »

Back from a nice lunch with the grantwriters and an interesting presentation about Ronald McDonald House Charities.  I stopped at 3 stores trying to find a spring-print skirt to go with a jacket I bought for our trip to Europe (and never wore).  The stores have lots of pretty sweaters and blouses and I don't know what they expect women to wear with them, because there are very few skirts out there.  Came home and shopped in my own closet and put together an Easter outfit from pieces I already had (but not THE jacket...).  I can wear that with black pants, but I don't think that's very Easter-y.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ginny

« Reply #93 on: April 03, 2012, 02:49:56 PM »

DR John G, I heard about the Texas tornadoes on NPR and was glad to see you logged in here when I got home.  Stay safe!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Michael

« Reply #94 on: April 03, 2012, 02:51:59 PM »

BK

What is the 3rd STAGE show you're doing for release? I have forgotten
Never stop dreaming.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #95 on: April 03, 2012, 02:53:45 PM »

BK

I'm not BK (and I don't remember the order) but the three are Sondheim, ALW and Bacharach.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Michael

« Reply #96 on: April 03, 2012, 03:01:51 PM »

I've decided to reread BK's memoir as I think I skipped a chapter or two. Things are refered to, but I know I haven't read them. But I really enjoyed what I've read and discovered things I didn't know. I will write a review after the reread.

Also caught a couple of errors, one I know BK has acknowledge. The other one is the reference to the original cast returning for the reunion concert. It was the original cast minus one. Charles Braswell (Larry) had passed away and was replaced by Stanley Grover.

Never stop dreaming.

Michael

« Reply #97 on: April 03, 2012, 03:03:04 PM »

BK

I'm not BK (and I don't remember the order) but the three are Sondheim, ALW and Bacharach.

Thanks.
Never stop dreaming.

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
« Reply #98 on: April 03, 2012, 03:08:30 PM »

BK

Iam not BK either, but I can poach from his notes:

We began with the easiest and best sounding of them, the 2007 Sondheim show. ... we got the whole thing done and then tonight we move on to the Bacharach show and tomorrow night to the Andrew Lloyd Webber show

der Brucer
We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.

FJL

« Reply #99 on: April 03, 2012, 03:32:42 PM »

Through a series of what seem to be delivery notification errors and mishaps, I just got my copy of BK's book last night.

FJL

« Reply #100 on: April 03, 2012, 03:33:01 PM »

And the lovely gift, of course, as well.

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
« Reply #101 on: April 03, 2012, 03:33:06 PM »

I like this.  I've been looking for a good salt shaker.  Every time I see one I like the holes are too big.

Don't do there!  Get a nice salt cellar like this one:

and fill with Kocher salt - you will use less salt this way.

der Brucer

PS - Don't use the spoon - just take a pich with your fingers.

This is nice looking, however it works as well as pouring a bit of salt into my hand.  I don't use much salt to begin with & would use even less with a fine shaker.

Have you tried putting Kosher Salt in the large-hole shaker?

der Brucer
We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.

Jane

« Reply #102 on: April 03, 2012, 03:49:46 PM »

I buy sea salt with iodine.  We have a salt grinder the guys use. 

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #103 on: April 03, 2012, 04:05:30 PM »

FJL really ought to have words with his mail people - this seems to happen all too frequently.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #104 on: April 03, 2012, 04:07:28 PM »

I had a nice meeting, had lunch, picked up some packages, finished the movie I was watching, spoke to David Galligan about the Sondheim mix - he's very happy with what we did, but less than thrilled with a couple of performances, so it looks like we're removing a few tracks, which is fine by me.  Doing so made the first half of the show way too short, so I suggested moving three songs from act two into act one, and I think he'll be fine with that.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #105 on: April 03, 2012, 04:07:32 PM »

Which do you go through most quickly...the salt or the iodine?
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #106 on: April 03, 2012, 04:07:53 PM »

Then I finished watching a motion picture of a score we're doing - it does seem there'll be enough music to make it a stand alone.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #107 on: April 03, 2012, 04:08:42 PM »

Now I'm beginning another movie of a score we're doing, then I'll be caught up on that.  I think we'll be able to put the Sondheim packaging to bed by this evening, and then hopefully tomorrow we can put the Bacharach packaging to bed.

KevinH

« Reply #108 on: April 03, 2012, 04:18:47 PM »

Good evening!

Jane

« Reply #109 on: April 03, 2012, 04:24:29 PM »

Which do you go through most quickly...the salt or the iodine?

Ummmm........

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #110 on: April 03, 2012, 04:29:07 PM »

OK, BK, it's written. The heading of the review I almost used was I TOLD YOU TO FIRE THE BUM! I didn't, though.

Still, I wanted to.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

George

« Reply #111 on: April 03, 2012, 04:32:40 PM »

I had a nice meeting, had lunch, picked up some packages, finished the movie I was watching, spoke to David Galligan about the Sondheim mix - he's very happy with what we did, but less than thrilled with a couple of performances, so it looks like we're removing a few tracks, which is fine by me.  Doing so made the first half of the show way too short, so I suggested moving three songs from act two into act one, and I think he'll be fine with that.

BK, here are some questions (even though it's not yet Wednesday...and if you choose to answer) about the people whose songs have been cut (I'm just curious):  did they sing other songs or were these the only songs that they sang at the concert and now won't be on the CDs at all?  Also, do you know if will they be told that their songs were cut or will they find out when it's put up on the Kritzerland site?  And my last question (if you know) is when were these concerts actually performed?

:)
« Last Edit: April 03, 2012, 04:39:42 PM by George »
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Danise

« Reply #112 on: April 03, 2012, 04:43:14 PM »

Vibes, prayers and chants to Dan (the Man), His Mom and DR TCB!  I've sent them several times today when I thought about TCB's surgery. 

I was here last night, got a phone call, got distracted and forgot I left the computer on until I was in bed.  That's in case anyone noticed I was on the board but not posting.  Sorry!!!!
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #113 on: April 03, 2012, 05:00:52 PM »

BK, here are some questions (even though it's not yet Wednesday...and if you choose to answer) about the people whose songs have been cut (I'm just curious):  did they sing other songs or were these the only songs that they sang at the concert and now won't be on the CDs at all?  Also, do you know if will they be told that their songs were cut or will they find out when it's put up on the Kritzerland site?  And my last question (if you know) is when were these concerts actually performed?

The Sondheim was 2007.  It's really up to David Galligan to let folks know, but there's simply no way of using certain tracks.  We managed to save a couple of the iffy ones, so that was good - but others could not be saved.  I think only one singer had two songs - Len Cariou - and both his are on the CD.  MIA will be Joan Ryan (hers is a different problem - she was quite ill at the performance and her vocal is not good - she already knows and, in fact, asked us to leave it off), the performers who did Night Waltz (it's more of a choral number), a trio on Sorry/Grateful featuring Jamie Anderson, Wilson Cruz, and Kevin Spirtas - that it's for right now - there's one other danger track that features Sean McDermott - I'm still working on that one - it's 50/50 right now.

George

« Reply #114 on: April 03, 2012, 05:03:01 PM »

The Sondheim was 2007.  It's really up to David Galligan to let folks know, but there's simply no way of using certain tracks.  We managed to save a couple of the iffy ones, so that was good - but others could not be saved.  I think only one singer had two songs - Len Cariou - and both his are on the CD.  MIA will be Joan Ryan (hers is a different problem - she was quite ill at the performance and her vocal is not good - she already knows and, in fact, asked us to leave it off), the performers who did Night Waltz (it's more of a choral number), a trio on Sorry/Grateful featuring Jamie Anderson, Wilson Cruz, and Kevin Spirtas - that it's for right now - there's one other danger track that features Sean McDermott - I'm still working on that one - it's 50/50 right now.

Thanks...one other question:  is there any possibility of you/Kritzerland recording any future performances so that it'll be done right the first time (other than problems with the actual performances)??

;D

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #115 on: April 03, 2012, 05:04:52 PM »

We're talking about doing the one at the end of the month - we shall see.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #116 on: April 03, 2012, 05:05:23 PM »

Here's the link so you can all read elmore's rather wonderful and touching review on amazon - perfectly done!

http://www.amazon.com/Album-Produced-By/product-reviews/1468560581/ref=cm_cr_dp_synop?ie=UTF8&showViewpoints=0&sortBy=bySubmissionDateDescending#R1HD7YUYJ1G9H7

George

« Reply #117 on: April 03, 2012, 05:06:24 PM »

We're talking about doing the one at the end of the month - we shall see.

Good luck!!  Hope it happens!

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #118 on: April 03, 2012, 05:07:12 PM »

Aw, shucks!

They put it up very quickly. I was prepared for a 24-hour turnaround.

And, dammit, with all my proofreading, I still spelled "during" wrong!

« Last Edit: April 03, 2012, 05:11:19 PM by elmore3003 »
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

KevinH

« Reply #119 on: April 03, 2012, 05:11:45 PM »

Great review, DR elmore!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8   Go Up