Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Down

Author Topic: THE NIGHTMARE MIX  (Read 38891 times)

Jennifer

Re: THE NIGHTMARE MIX
« Reply #120 on: April 06, 2012, 07:42:01 PM »

I guess i should check some of them now. And then go to bed.

Jennifer

« Reply #121 on: April 06, 2012, 07:42:18 PM »

Woohoo page 5! :)

Jennifer

« Reply #122 on: April 06, 2012, 07:43:15 PM »

The Harlem Globetrotters really are funny. They put on a good show. I sort of tried to explain to my niece that they never lost. But i guess she didn't quite grasp that a lot of it is staged. Cause she was on pins and needles waiting to see if they would win in the end.

Laura

« Reply #123 on: April 06, 2012, 08:27:35 PM »

Questions for DR John G.:

Which of these fresh herbs should I direct Mae-Ling to tomorrow to season the chicken and zucchini? Parsley, cilantro, thyme, basil, sage, oregano, rosemary.

Some of the plants are still small, since I just did my spring planting a while ago. Enough rosemary, thyme, sage, parsley. A little basil, oregano, cilantro.

P.S. I have boneless chickens breasts that we will cut into bite-sized pieces and cook in olive oil on the stovetop.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2012, 08:41:43 PM by Laura »
"That's a lotta hamsters."

Cillaliz

« Reply #124 on: April 06, 2012, 09:17:29 PM »

tonight we celebrated my mom's 85th birthday.  She didn't know that's what we were going to do, but the real surprise was when my sister and brother in law from Joplin walked in the door.  This is the look on her face when she saw them

Cillaliz

« Reply #125 on: April 06, 2012, 09:17:55 PM »

Gotcha mom!

Laura

« Reply #126 on: April 06, 2012, 09:20:47 PM »

Ha! Great shot!

Laura

« Reply #127 on: April 06, 2012, 09:21:12 PM »

And she is beautiful, by the way.

Cillaliz

« Reply #128 on: April 06, 2012, 09:22:15 PM »

Here's the whole family around the table after the surprise and while waiting for some of the best chicken in the world

Cillaliz

« Reply #129 on: April 06, 2012, 09:24:14 PM »

Thanks Laura.   This is the first time we've ever really surprised my mom.  She didn't want a party, so we decided this was the best thing to do.   

Laura

« Reply #130 on: April 06, 2012, 09:27:43 PM »

Moms are hard.

Cillaliz

« Reply #131 on: April 06, 2012, 09:34:33 PM »

It worked out perfectly.  It was low stress for everyone and mom was so happy all night.  We went to Samantha and Don's house after dinner for cake and ice cream and that was nice too.  Now I need to get some sleep.  tomorrow I'll post some photos of Lily the cat.  She's a sweetheart

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #132 on: April 06, 2012, 10:45:22 PM »

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #133 on: April 06, 2012, 10:56:26 PM »

KevinH, Brent would sing the divoon Captain Hook's Waltz and I believe one other song.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #134 on: April 06, 2012, 10:57:20 PM »

Back from a long afternoon.  Book dealers got here an hour late.  We went to Casa Vega, had a great dinner, then they came back and looked through as much as they could look through before I had to leave.  They took about seventy books, which was great.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #135 on: April 06, 2012, 11:03:28 PM »

Then it was the mix of act two of the ALW show.  We got two-thirds through and then just got very giddy.  The Jesus Christ Superstar stuff was okay and I think we saved quite a few numbers in act two and got them to sound decent.  And Carole Cook's usual fifteen-minute monologue edited down to two hilarious minutes perfectly.  At the point the began the Sunset Blvd. section, the band just seemed to give up completely - that song, one of the most horrifyingly bad things I've ever heard, will not be on the album, unless we want to sell this as a comedy album.  We just starting howling with laughter the more we tried to fix it.  Every instrument seems to be playing in whatever key they feel like - or perhaps they were just playing the wrong bars, and the screeching violin (with only the DI pickup - no natural sound) was so pathetic I began saying, "That sounds like a cat in the throes of being strangled to death.  That sounds like a cat choking on its own vomit.  That sounds like a cat having having its appendix out without an anasthetic."  And that's exactly what it sounded like.  We put it at the end of the show, just so the director could hear what we've been dealing with.  Otherwise, we've done as good as we can do.  My big suggestion is to switch out the openings of disc one and two - the Superstar segment on disc two is much stronger - then we'd move the original opening segment, Joseph, to disc two.  That will help things, I think, and then some judicious repositioning of other numbers will help, too.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #136 on: April 06, 2012, 11:07:53 PM »

Then it was the mix of act two of the ALW show.  We got two-thirds through and then just got very giddy.  The Jesus Christ Superstar stuff was okay and I think we saved quite a few numbers in act two and got them to sound decent.  And Carole Cook's usual fifteen-minute monologue edited down to two hilarious minutes perfectly.  At the point the began the Sunset Blvd. section, the band just seemed to give up completely - that song, one of the most horrifyingly bad things I've ever heard, will not be on the album, unless we want to sell this as a comedy album.  We just starting howling with laughter the more we tried to fix it.  Every instrument seems to be playing in whatever key they feel like - or perhaps they were just playing the wrong bars, and the screeching violin (with only the DI pickup - no natural sound) was so pathetic I began saying, "That sounds like a cat in the throes of being strangled to death.  That sounds like a cat choking on its own vomit.  That sounds like a cat having having its appendix out without an anasthetic."  And that's exactly what it sounded like.  We put it at the end of the show, just so the director could hear what we've been dealing with.  Otherwise, we've done as good as we can do.  My big suggestion is to switch out the openings of disc one and two - the Superstar segment on disc two is much stronger - then we'd move the original opening segment, Joseph, to disc two.  That will help things, I think, and then some judicious repositioning of other numbers will help, too.

Wow, BK...I can't imagine what that really sounds like. 

Are these going to be labeled as "highlights" of the concert, or will that be mentioned at all?
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #137 on: April 06, 2012, 11:13:38 PM »

I have a little paragraph about the nature of live recordings and that some stuff had to not be used.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #138 on: April 06, 2012, 11:13:54 PM »

Are you thinking?  Now would be a great time to dive in and DO it :)

George

« Reply #139 on: April 06, 2012, 11:21:26 PM »

Are you thinking?  Now would be a great time to dive in and DO it :)

I'm actually thinking AND doing!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

vixmom

• Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty
« Reply #140 on: April 06, 2012, 11:36:41 PM »

2:26 AM just home from the hospital where my Mom is finally settled in a room in the ICU  she fell on her face in a store parking lot - fortunately her fall was witnessed by a  ER nurse who was passing by - she called the EMTs  stayed with Mom until they took her to the ER - ER called my dad who called me at work about 4:30 this afternoon   - ran out and got my  Dad and Vix called my brothers  and Vixdad and been at the hospital ever since

the local brother is spending the night with Dad -

she is still unconcious  prayers and vibes appreciated

Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty

It’s weird being the same age as old people

George

« Reply #141 on: April 06, 2012, 11:48:51 PM »

2:26 AM just home from the hospital where my Mom is finally settled in a room in the ICU  she fell on her face in a store parking lot - fortunately her fall was witnessed by a  ER nurse who was passing by - she called the EMTs  stayed with Mom until they took her to the ER - ER called my dad who called me at work about 4:30 this afternoon   - ran out and got my  Dad and Vix called my brothers  and Vixdad and been at the hospital ever since

the local brother is spending the night with Dad -

she is still unconcious  prayers and vibes appreciated

:o

~~~Vibes of All Kinds for DR Vixmom's Mom!!~~~
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Up