Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: THE NIGHTMARE MIX  (Read 38925 times)

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
Re: THE NIGHTMARE MIX
« Reply #60 on: April 06, 2012, 11:21:20 AM »

I actually have a craving for chocolate covered Peeps.  I never had one.  I wonder if they come in dark chocolate?
They come in all flavors. And they all taste like sugar.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #61 on: April 06, 2012, 11:21:30 AM »

Page three!
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #62 on: April 06, 2012, 11:47:01 AM »

I'm up - have been up since nine having telephonic conversations.

Did anyone happen to mention what brand of digital grand the new venue has?
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

Doug R

« Reply #63 on: April 06, 2012, 11:52:13 AM »

I actually have a craving for chocolate covered Peeps.  I never had one.  I wonder if they come in dark chocolate?

My favorite chocolate bar is Aero made by Nestle, who tried selling them in the U.S. some years ago but apparently it wasn't popular. It's sold in Canada though.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #64 on: April 06, 2012, 11:52:41 AM »

I don't remember what make the digital grand was.

JMK

« Reply #65 on: April 06, 2012, 12:14:53 PM »

Just noticed this today whilst researching a review.

Separated at birth?:

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

JMK

« Reply #66 on: April 06, 2012, 12:15:18 PM »

I don't remember what make the digital grand was.

Oh, sure, NOW you tell me.   ;D

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #67 on: April 06, 2012, 01:21:59 PM »

Has anyone ever heard of Easter pies?  News story on local well-known bakery Termini Brothers keeps mentioning their long tradition of Easter pies.  I've never heard of having pie for Easter.
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

John G.

« Reply #68 on: April 06, 2012, 01:25:08 PM »

Has anyone ever heard of Easter pies?  News story on local well-known bakery Termini Brothers keeps mentioning their long tradition of Easter pies.  I've never heard of having pie for Easter.
I've had pie for breakfast, pie for lunch and pie for dinner. Why not Easter?

But, no, I haven't heard of this tradition. Easter breads, Easter ham, Easter eggs, yes.
― Voltaire

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #69 on: April 06, 2012, 01:25:45 PM »

I got a Facebook message from our DR TCB. He is being transferred to a nursing home. I can't tell from his message - since there are a "for" and a "4" next to each other - if the stay will be for a week or for four weeks.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

John G.

« Reply #70 on: April 06, 2012, 01:27:36 PM »

Here is a recipe from Giada for Easter pie. It looks like cheesecake in a phyllo dough crust:

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/giada-de-laurentiis/easter-pie-recipe/index.html
― Voltaire

MBarnum

« Reply #71 on: April 06, 2012, 02:24:23 PM »

TOD:

DVD
If it arrives in the mail today it will be TAZA, SON OF COCHISE starring Rock Hudson and Rex Reason.

DVR:
I think I recorded various and sundried movies from TCM...don't remember what.

CD:
INVASION USA/TORMENTED

MBarnum

« Reply #72 on: April 06, 2012, 02:27:26 PM »

My coworker Monica and I went to lunch at Falafel King today. I had a Shawarma and she had Hummus (she can't eat meat today).

Abdullah let me try some Falafel for free.

MBarnum

« Reply #73 on: April 06, 2012, 02:28:14 PM »

And Good Friday to you all. In all my years I have really never known what Good Friday was. Do Protestants celebrate it?

I don't know.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #74 on: April 06, 2012, 02:30:31 PM »

Picked up two little packages and an important envelope.  Still have to get some gas in the motor car at some point.  Helper is finally back and on her way to ship stuff, and the book dealer will be here in thirty minutes.  We'll eat first, then hopefully said dealer will be taking a LOT of garage books off my hands, thereby freeing up needed space out there.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #75 on: April 06, 2012, 02:57:20 PM »

Here is a recipe from Giada for Easter pie. It looks like cheesecake in a phyllo dough crust:

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/giada-de-laurentiis/easter-pie-recipe/index.html

I've never heard of Easter pies, either, but the recipe looks really good! :D
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Laura

« Reply #76 on: April 06, 2012, 03:06:07 PM »

Good Friday is a somber day for Christians. I have never heard anyone wish anyone anything on this day. Usually there is a church service where the crucifixion of Jesus is remembered.
"That's a lotta hamsters."

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #77 on: April 06, 2012, 03:13:36 PM »

Dealer is just leaving Pasadena now, so will be over thirty minutes late.  And the engineer is now telling me we could start as early as five.  Isn't that always the way?  So dinner may have to be put aside, or if we eat then books will have to be gone through more quickly.  Had they gotten here on time at three we could have been back here at four-fifteen and they could have spent ninety minutes going through stuff.  I've told the engineer that I'll try to get to him by six.  Probably foregoing dinner is the easiest thing to do, but if we do I will then not have time to eat until after the mix, and that's not good.

George

« Reply #78 on: April 06, 2012, 03:18:24 PM »

Dealer is just leaving Pasadena now, so will be over thirty minutes late.  And the engineer is now telling me we could start as early as five.  Isn't that always the way?  So dinner may have to be put aside, or if we eat then books will have to be gone through more quickly.  Had they gotten here on time at three we could have been back here at four-fifteen and they could have spent ninety minutes going through stuff.  I've told the engineer that I'll try to get to him by six.  Probably foregoing dinner is the easiest thing to do, but if we do I will then not have time to eat until after the mix, and that's not good.

Can you have something delivered and eat while the dealer is looking at the books?
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #79 on: April 06, 2012, 03:35:18 PM »

Can you have something delivered and eat while the dealer is looking at the books?

Not really.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #80 on: April 06, 2012, 03:36:08 PM »

And who knows if they actually left when they said they were.  It's already been thirty minutes for what should be a twenty minute drive.  If they're not here until four, then either dinner or books will suffer - and I'd probably prefer it be dinner.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #81 on: April 06, 2012, 04:07:11 PM »

Who is going to a Seder tonight?  I wish I was.

HAPPY PASSOVER!

If you leave now, you can.  ;)

:)  If only Keith wanted to go to a Seder.

Jane

« Reply #82 on: April 06, 2012, 04:07:56 PM »

But I will be going to a sedar tomorrow.

:) 

Enjoy your evening with your uncle.

Jane

« Reply #83 on: April 06, 2012, 04:09:00 PM »

Thanks for the updates on DR TCB. For some reason on his facebook page i can only see the comments he started. not the ones any of the people who visit him write.
I did not care for the images I found for Good Friday.  Happy Good Friday was not amongst them.  What does one say to someone who honors it?
Certainly nothing like, "Don't get nailed on Good Friday."  ;)

;D

Jane

« Reply #84 on: April 06, 2012, 04:12:11 PM »

I haven't a clue & have never eaten a "traditional" Easter dinner.  I've seen pretty cakes for Easter.  I used to make & decorate individual eggs using fudge or cake.

Jane

« Reply #85 on: April 06, 2012, 04:15:45 PM »

My coworker Monica and I went to lunch at Falafel King today. I had a Shawarma and she had Hummus (she can't eat meat today).

Is this part of a chain?

George

« Reply #86 on: April 06, 2012, 04:16:11 PM »

Good Friday is a somber day for Christians. I have never heard anyone wish anyone anything on this day. Usually there is a church service where the crucifixion of Jesus is remembered.

That sounds like when people say, "Happy Memorial Day." :-X
« Last Edit: April 06, 2012, 04:24:33 PM by George »

MBarnum

« Reply #87 on: April 06, 2012, 04:27:42 PM »

Is this part of a chain?

Not a chain. Just owned by an individual, or two.

MBarnum

« Reply #88 on: April 06, 2012, 04:28:57 PM »

Why would they call it "Good" then?

Laura

« Reply #89 on: April 06, 2012, 04:56:03 PM »

Not so good for Jesus, but good for his followers. That's my guess.

"That's a lotta hamsters."
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up