Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8   Go Down

Author Topic: FOR THE BIRDS  (Read 47714 times)

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
Re: FOR THE BIRDS
« Reply #30 on: April 09, 2012, 07:11:40 AM »

Consider yourselves culturefied.  ;)
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

Druxy

• druxmanworks.com
« Reply #31 on: April 09, 2012, 07:14:15 AM »

We have texting. We have cell phones. And now, we're going to get this new distraction that will cause automobile accidents.

https://plus.google.com/u/0/111626127367496192147/posts
You can dream…or you can do.

Kerry

« Reply #32 on: April 09, 2012, 07:36:42 AM »

TOD:  I never took Nursery Rhymes literally, but I have always found "Three Blind Mice" to be disturbing.
I like boat races.

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #33 on: April 09, 2012, 07:41:30 AM »

It's been interesting reading the Mike Wallace stuff today.  Gen. Westmoreland was a very good friend of my father's and he and his lovely wife Kitzi (no, I'm not kidding) came out to an award ceremony for my father just as the whole CBS lawsuit thing was exploding.  They ate dinner at our house one night and Gen. Westmoreland was just ripping Wallace and CBS a new one.
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

Doug R

« Reply #34 on: April 09, 2012, 07:53:47 AM »

Had a very vivid dream last night in which I was in my old civil service job and had been made redundant with no financial recompense. I was complaining that I'd been there for very many years and was only 3 years from retirement - how could they do this to me? They offered me a couple of job application forms. One was for a vehicle tire company and one for a job in Australia!! I woke up with relief to realise I had already retired.

Doug R

« Reply #35 on: April 09, 2012, 07:56:00 AM »

Had a lemon muffin with my cappuccino this morning at the supermarket cafe which I rarely visit and have had indigestion for the past 2 hours. I think it was a stale muffin which they had kept over the weekend.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #36 on: April 09, 2012, 08:12:13 AM »

I've finished my ROBERTA notes for Act One, which will hopefully put things on track. My absence from the restoration - because of DEAREST ENEMY, Toyland closing down, a new office, an auction, and other things - is nt making things easy for my colleagues.

Now I've got to look over some of Joshie's new scores for DEAREST ENEMY before I jump to THE ONLY GIRL, which has one of Herbert's most beautiful songs, "When You're Away." This is the second conductor I've worked for - john McGlinn was the first - with no music theory training and no ability to proofread and know a good note from a bad. Drives me mad. Leasrn your craft.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #37 on: April 09, 2012, 08:14:57 AM »

DR ELMORE the Dream O Matic 6000 says that your dream indicates that you think the ending of each project is like an ending of a part of your life...and that your work is your life and breath to you.

You amaze me, DR JRand61!

No line at the post office; I was shipped, paid for, and out of there in 10 minutes. I may have to lie down from the shock.
Does anybody use the post office except at Christmas?

Yes, and this week will be terrible because of the IRS deadline. Next Monday will be a zoo. Also, since my post office has to be the worst in the City, there's usually a line waiting while the employees slowly wait on a customer, take a break, chat to each other, file their nails and God knows what else. It's pathetic, and their manager is a fool.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2012, 08:29:10 AM by elmore3003 »
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #38 on: April 09, 2012, 08:34:44 AM »

And the word of the day is: PLEACH!

I really miss Mell Lazarus's MISS PLEACH comic strip.
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #39 on: April 09, 2012, 08:40:02 AM »

I am back at work and I am bored out of my skull.  It really is time for a career change..
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #40 on: April 09, 2012, 08:43:14 AM »

No word yet on the hospital releasing Mom to rehab.  It may be that they will keep her there for a few days more because they increased her thyroid meds dosage and because they are so taken by her wit.
-- Anaïs Nin

FJL

« Reply #41 on: April 09, 2012, 08:50:18 AM »

IRS deadline seems to be next Tuesday (April 17) rather than next Monday.

From the IRS site:

IRS Kicks Off 2012 Tax Season with Deadline Extended to April 17

IR-2012-1, Jan. 4, 2012

WASHINGTON — The Internal Revenue Service today opened the 2012 tax filing season by announcing that taxpayers have until April 17 to file their tax returns. The IRS encourages taxpayers to e-file as it is the best way to ensure accurate tax returns and get faster refunds.

The IRS also announced a number of improvements to help make this tax season easy for taxpayers. This includes new navigation features and helpful information on IRS.gov and a new pilot to allow taxpayers to use interactive video to get help with tax issues.

“At the IRS, we’re working hard to make the process of filing your taxes as quick and easy as possible,” said IRS Commissioner Doug Shulman. “Providing quality service is one of our top priorities. It not only reduces the burden on taxpayers, but also helps in filing an accurate return right from the start.”

Taxpayers will have until Tuesday, April 17, to file their 2011 tax returns and pay any tax due because April 15 falls on a Sunday, and Emancipation Day, a holiday observed in the District of Columbia, falls this year on Monday, April 16. According to federal law, District of Columbia holidays impact tax deadlines in the same way that federal holidays do; therefore, all taxpayers will have two extra days to file this year. Taxpayers requesting an extension will have until Oct. 15 to file their 2012 tax returns.

The IRS expects to receive more than 144 million individual tax returns this year, with most of those being filed by the April 17 deadline.

The IRS will begin accepting e-file and Free File returns on Jan. 17, 2012. Additional details about e-file and Free File will be announced later this month. IRS Free File provides options for free brand-name tax software or online fillable forms plus free electronic filing. Everyone can use Free File to prepare a federal tax return. Taxpayers who make $57,000 or less can choose from approximately 20 commercial software providers. There’s no income limit for Free File Fillable Forms, the electronic version of IRS paper forms, which also includes free e-filing.

The IRS also reminds paid tax return preparers they must have and include a Preparer Tax Identification Number (PTIN) on all returns they prepare. All PTINs must be renewed for 2011. Tax return preparers can obtain or renew PTINs online.

(etc.)

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #42 on: April 09, 2012, 08:51:13 AM »

I've finished my ROBERTA notes for Act One, which will hopefully put things on track. My absence from the restoration - because of DEAREST ENEMY, Toyland closing down, a new office, an auction, and other things - is nt making things easy for my colleagues.

Now I've got to look over some of Joshie's new scores for DEAREST ENEMY before I jump to THE ONLY GIRL, which has one of Herbert's most beautiful songs, "When You're Away." This is the second conductor I've worked for - john McGlinn was the first - with no music theory training and no ability to proofread and know a good note from a bad. Drives me mad. Leasrn your craft.
If they don't know their craft or music theory, how do (and why do) they become conductors?
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #43 on: April 09, 2012, 08:51:46 AM »

No word yet on the hospital releasing Mom to rehab.  It may be that they will keep her there for a few days more because they increased her thyroid meds dosage and because they are so taken by her wit.
More vibes.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #44 on: April 09, 2012, 08:55:11 AM »

Toward the end of the evening last night, a few of us sat outside with some wine as the darkness began to fall. The weather was perfect, and the pleasure of being with good friends was made even more wonderful when the lightning bugs began to sparkle across the night sky. The wetter spring here has made it a little more hospitable for the fireflies. Apparently they like tall grass and wet or damp spots, so my not having had the lawn mowed in a couple of weeks and my watering all the new plants has had a twinkling side effect.
― Voltaire

Druxy

• druxmanworks.com
« Reply #45 on: April 09, 2012, 08:55:45 AM »

More vibes.

Ditto!
You can dream…or you can do.

Laura

« Reply #46 on: April 09, 2012, 09:09:13 AM »

Somehow I don't feel comfortable being asked to send our SS numbers, signatures, DOBs and all that other personal stuff over the innerwebs. Just doesn't seem very secure to me.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2012, 09:24:26 AM by Laura »

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #47 on: April 09, 2012, 09:14:36 AM »

Yes DR FJL....food for thought for many of us.

DR DOUG R - Dream-O-Matic 6000 says that your dream indicates that while some feel less productive in retirement - you actually realize that your former job was holding you back from doing constructive and valuable things - that you now can accomplish.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #48 on: April 09, 2012, 09:15:06 AM »

Somehow I don't feel comfortable being asked to send our SS numbers, signatures, DOBs and all that other person stuff over the innerwebs. Just doesn't seem very secure to me.

It can be dangerous.

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #49 on: April 09, 2012, 09:36:30 AM »

Somehow I don't feel comfortable being asked to send our SS numbers, signatures, DOBs and all that other personal stuff over the innerwebs. Just doesn't seem very secure to me.

I don't mind doing the e-filing that is included in Turbo Tax because of the encryption involved.  I would be more hesitant to use the state tax websites where you plunk your info into web forms because I don't know how protected they are.
-- Anaïs Nin

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #50 on: April 09, 2012, 09:37:23 AM »

Thanks for the vibes, DRs Druxy and John G!
-- Anaïs Nin

Matthew

• You there, why are you so late?
« Reply #51 on: April 09, 2012, 09:56:59 AM »

My grandmother had a pleach tlee.

Your grandmother was Mrs Meers?

Matthew

« Reply #52 on: April 09, 2012, 09:57:08 AM »

hello, goodbye

Matthew

« Reply #53 on: April 09, 2012, 09:57:36 AM »

Now that Easter has happened.  It's Annie 24/7

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #54 on: April 09, 2012, 10:10:46 AM »

Now that DR Matthew has planted the seed, I feel a strong urge to listen to the ANNIE ocr.
-- Anaïs Nin

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #55 on: April 09, 2012, 10:20:02 AM »

I'm up, I'm up.  Trying to get Galligan on the phone so I can get this damn ALW thing done.  I have to do any fixes at seven then get this damn thing off to mastering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #56 on: April 09, 2012, 10:21:29 AM »

Damn Lord Andrew

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #57 on: April 09, 2012, 10:21:45 AM »

Yes, continued vibes for the mother of DR DtM.

Laura

« Reply #58 on: April 09, 2012, 10:23:09 AM »

I don't mind doing the e-filing that is included in Turbo Tax because of the encryption involved.  I would be more hesitant to use the state tax websites where you plunk your info into web forms because I don't know how protected they are.

I have been well-trained by my son to never click on a link in an email unless I know the friend actually sent it, not to open any forwarded email, and to never send my SS number or credit card number through an email.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #59 on: April 09, 2012, 10:24:21 AM »

He'll have me notes by noon.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8   Go Up