Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: THE THREE STAGES  (Read 39952 times)

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
Re: THE THREE STAGES
« Reply #30 on: April 10, 2012, 06:28:36 AM »

Here is a page with the entire Timeline on it....interesting.

http://www.titanic-titanic.com/titanic_timeline.shtml
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #31 on: April 10, 2012, 06:31:08 AM »

Titanic leaves Southampton Page Two Dance.

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #32 on: April 10, 2012, 06:37:31 AM »

DR elmore---I met Barry Kleinbort and told him how I know you and BK.  He was very friendly.  I also met Sierra Boggess and had my picture taken with her. 

And when Brent introduced one of the songs from his album he mentioned you as the orchestrator.
I remember meeting Barry Kleinbort more than 20 years ago when he was working on his musical, Angelina, at the Cohoes Music Hall.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #33 on: April 10, 2012, 06:39:46 AM »

TOD: I remember a wonderful sitcom that didn't last long called "The Associates," which featured four promising young actors as new attorneys (Martin Short, Ally Walker, Joe Regalbuto and Shelley Smith) plus the elder partner, Wilfred Hyde White.

Attorneys never go out of style, unfortunately; and humorous ones are in ever in short supply.

I could see getting unknowns for the parts, but it would also be fun to try Anna Kendrick in the Ally Walker role, Hunter Parrish or Matt Lauria in Short's role, Michael Cera in Regalbuto's part and, in a bit of blind casting, as a brainy black attorney Jurnee Smollett instead of the not-so-dumb blond Smith.  He's not old enough to take over as a substitute for White, but John Malcovich could play intelligent enough and certainly off-the-wall enough to make a disarming senior partner.  

Yes, an effervescent show!  (from the "Mary Tyler Moore Show"and "Taxi" creators)

THE ASSOCIATES title song dance

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ozcg_WjcPd8

sung by B.B. King.  A commenter on Youtube wondered if the theme song set up the wrong kind of show
I'm glad someone else remembers it. I still laugh at one episode where they paired up Wilfred Hyde White and John Houseman playing his "Paper Chase" character and the two old men behaved like school boys.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #34 on: April 10, 2012, 06:54:49 AM »

Received "Album Produced By" and gift plus magnet today  :)  What a very nicely presented book it is too.

There's a MAGNET? 
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

FJL

« Reply #35 on: April 10, 2012, 06:56:01 AM »

Received "Album Produced By" and gift plus magnet today  :)  What a very nicely presented book it is too.

There's a MAGNET? 

Well, a magnate, anyway. 

FJL

« Reply #36 on: April 10, 2012, 06:57:48 AM »

TOD: I remember a wonderful sitcom that didn't last long called "The Associates," which featured four promising young actors as new attorneys (Martin Short, Ally Walker, Joe Regalbuto and Shelley Smith) plus the elder partner, Wilfred Hyde White.

Attorneys never go out of style, unfortunately; and humorous ones are in ever in short supply.

I could see getting unknowns for the parts, but it would also be fun to try Anna Kendrick in the Ally Walker role, Hunter Parrish or Matt Lauria in Short's role, Michael Cera in Regalbuto's part and, in a bit of blind casting, as a brainy black attorney Jurnee Smollett instead of the not-so-dumb blond Smith.  He's not old enough to take over as a substitute for White, but John Malcovich could play intelligent enough and certainly off-the-wall enough to make a disarming senior partner.  

Yes, an effervescent show!  (from the "Mary Tyler Moore Show"and "Taxi" creators)

THE ASSOCIATES title song dance

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ozcg_WjcPd8

sung by B.B. King.  A commenter on Youtube wondered if the theme song set up the wrong kind of show
I'm glad someone else remembers it. I still laugh at one episode where they paired up Wilfred Hyde White and John Houseman playing his "Paper Chase" character and the two old men behaved like school boys.

I think the novel THE ASSOCIATES, was a sequel to THE PAPER CHASE, or am i making that up?

I'll google and update if I'm wrong.  :)

FJL

« Reply #37 on: April 10, 2012, 07:00:21 AM »

Not specifically a sequel, but THE ASSOCIATES novel is by the author of THE PAPER CHASE novel, per wikipedia:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Jay_Osborn,_Jr.

JMK

« Reply #38 on: April 10, 2012, 07:09:16 AM »

There's a MAGNET? 

Well, a magnate, anyway. 

I didn't get no stinkin' magnet.  Or magnate.   ;D

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

Kerry

« Reply #39 on: April 10, 2012, 07:14:30 AM »

It's Tuesday.  :-\  Well-- better than another Monday.  Right?
I like boat races.

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #40 on: April 10, 2012, 07:25:31 AM »

I recall wanting to enjoy THE ASSOCIATES but there was just something missing from the show.  I felt the same way about other MTM efforts such as THE TONY RANDALL SHOW. 
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

JMK

« Reply #41 on: April 10, 2012, 07:31:43 AM »

There was another MTM show in that period with Paul Sands as a cello player with the Boston Symphony.  I think Patrick Williams wrote the theme for that show, too.

Doug R

« Reply #42 on: April 10, 2012, 07:32:40 AM »

There's a MAGNET? 

Well, a magnate, anyway. 

Well it was right at the bottom of the box and I almost missed it.

MBarnum

« Reply #43 on: April 10, 2012, 07:42:01 AM »

TOD:

The only show I am certain would work a second time around would be I LOVE LUCY, starring Debra Messing, of course, as Lucy.

MBarnum

« Reply #44 on: April 10, 2012, 07:47:39 AM »

Speaking of old TV series, I started watching my series set of CORONADO 9 and have come to the conclusion that, as an actor, Rod Cameron does not have a whole lot of personality. Thankfully, the show has some interesting plots.

MBarnum

« Reply #45 on: April 10, 2012, 07:52:05 AM »

and speaking again of old TV series, there might be some here who will welcome the news that the cheezy 90s show PACIFIC BLUE is now available on dvd.

Hmmmm....should I buy it or should I not....

John G.

« Reply #46 on: April 10, 2012, 07:59:06 AM »

There's a MAGNET? 

Well, a magnate, anyway. 

File a complaint with PayPal.
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #47 on: April 10, 2012, 08:00:08 AM »

TOD:

The only show I am certain would work a second time around would be I LOVE LUCY, starring Debra Messing, of course, as Lucy.
But of course.

And the entire cast of "Pacific Blue" as Ethel.
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #48 on: April 10, 2012, 08:01:10 AM »

There was another MTM show in that period with Paul Sands as a cello player with the Boston Symphony.  I think Patrick Williams wrote the theme for that show, too.
Something cumbersome like "Paul Sands in 'Friends and Lovers'"
― Voltaire

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #49 on: April 10, 2012, 08:02:45 AM »

TOD:

She's too busy with SMASH.

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #50 on: April 10, 2012, 08:46:06 AM »

TOD:

She's too busy with SMASH.

Oh, I think she'll be freed up soon...
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #51 on: April 10, 2012, 09:23:28 AM »

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOO

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #52 on: April 10, 2012, 09:23:38 AM »

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #53 on: April 10, 2012, 09:24:15 AM »

I am transferring my Allison Hayes videos to DVD - most of them came from DR MBARNUM.

Jennifer

« Reply #54 on: April 10, 2012, 09:40:08 AM »

Thanks for the news RE: DR TCB.

DR TCB if you see this: HI.  Can't wait till you can post again!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jennifer

« Reply #55 on: April 10, 2012, 09:41:23 AM »

Re: Breaking Dawn Part 1. I did watch it and enjoy it. I loved the ending. Although I wish I could have watched Part 1 right after it. The movie was too short (it was under 2 hours).

And in case anyone does watch it the movie does not end with the credits. There is another scene after the credits.

I still have some of the extras to watch.

Jennifer

« Reply #56 on: April 10, 2012, 09:47:38 AM »

It seems like my library did finally get all the books i was waiting for from last month. They went into binding today.

I guess it's good that the reference librarian was off yesterday. Cause i would have bothered her for nothing.

Although the "nice" lady who is the main reference librarian who is always slightly rude to me managed to do the same yesterday.

I don't know why. Because i see her interact with older customers and she is so helpful to them. But somehow to me she manages to say slightly rude things without actually yelling at me.

Maybe she can tell i am not overly fond of her. Even though i put on my nice face when i talk to her.

Yesterday i brought over a magazine i like to take out. The last issue was jan/feb. There was no March issue. No April issue (magazines usually come out earlier than the date). So i asked her about this (wanting her to check/call someone...).

She looked at me and said "the next issue has not arrived". And that was it.

So i tried to ask "well is there someone downstairs you could call/or maybe make a note to ask somebody". And she turned to me and said, "the person is not here today so obviously i can't call her."  Then she said she would make a note but proceeded to help someone else. So possibly she will remember and check.

I just thought it so odd that she didn't just say she would make a note and that would have been that.

John G.

« Reply #57 on: April 10, 2012, 10:09:52 AM »

Ah, leftovers for lunch again. I think I'll have leftovers all week.
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #58 on: April 10, 2012, 10:10:14 AM »

Still on page two?
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #59 on: April 10, 2012, 10:10:24 AM »

One more.
― Voltaire
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up