Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: MY TEETH ACHE  (Read 38060 times)

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
Re: MY TEETH ACHE
« Reply #90 on: April 11, 2012, 02:16:30 PM »

My question for ASK BK DAY:

When you receive your residuals for television or film work - do they let you know if it is from television broadcasts or DVD sales?

I should get residuals from the "Will and Grace" season during which Debra Messing was pregnant, ugly as all get-out, and annoying, to boot.  After all, I had to WATCH it.

Pregnant?  Don't you mean enceinte?
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Cillaliz

« Reply #91 on: April 11, 2012, 02:24:10 PM »

Glad to hear Sherlock is feeling better.   Jane did you see the photo I posted on your FB wall?

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #92 on: April 11, 2012, 02:49:15 PM »

What did the article say DR JMK?

It's the same one I quote in my article and I think I include on the CD-R of articles I sent you--it's about Gene Tierney and Frances and their troubles, but it clearly quotes Frances saying her family wanted her OUT of show business and her desire to stay IN is what helped lead to her breakdown.
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #93 on: April 11, 2012, 02:55:36 PM »

Ah yes, I remember ... thanks.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #94 on: April 11, 2012, 03:00:14 PM »

Awaiting the arrival of Mr. Nick Redman, who's about an hour late.  After our visit, I will then cease all work for the next four hours.  After that, I will write the announcement for the new releases and get everything ready to announce tomorrow night at midnight.

MBarnum

« Reply #95 on: April 11, 2012, 03:05:47 PM »

My question for ASK BK DAY:

When you receive your residuals for television or film work - do they let you know if it is from television broadcasts or DVD sales?

I should get residuals from the "Will and Grace" season during which Debra Messing was pregnant, ugly as all get-out, and annoying, to boot.  After all, I had to WATCH it.

Oh, was that when Ricky and the Mertz's were all running around like...woops, wrong show.

MBarnum

« Reply #96 on: April 11, 2012, 03:07:22 PM »

Went to lunch at Al-Aqsa with a bunch of co-workers. Had the Hummus plate with Beef and a side of stuffed grape leaves. I am soooooo full!

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #97 on: April 11, 2012, 03:15:08 PM »

Wow first post!

Last night went really well.  Sergio looked the roof over and found some problems but he said they were fixable.  And Shane, the draftsman came up with several designs for the room that will depend on the legals ilke where the exact property line is, etc.

I'm excited about that.

Dreading going into work today.   What used to be a joy is now a nightmare.

Gotta go I guess.

Laters!

Very good news about your house, Danise!

Sorry about your work.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #98 on: April 11, 2012, 03:23:58 PM »

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Excellent Dental Vibes &  Xylophones to BK! ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hope it all went well, BK! 

I had my dental appointment this morning and things were much better than last time...I don't have to come back for another six months (back to the regular schedule)!  AND I didn't have to pay for it!  I thought that our dental plan allowed for one appointment every six months, but it turns out that it's actually good for two appts. within a calendar year.  Since my last appt. was in December and this is a new calendar year, I'm covered! ;D
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #99 on: April 11, 2012, 03:29:17 PM »

I just caught up...

Back from Dr. Chew.  The news is: I did indeed chip the tooth next to the upper left gold crown, so that one will get a porcelain cap.  The problem with the lower gold crown is that the tooth it's attached to has become a little loose.  He doesn't think there's any real bad damage there, but I don't know yet how he will handle it.  All else seems to be fine.  So, I go back next Tuesday for my cleaning, and then will be going back three or four more times after that.

~~~Quick and Painless Tooth Repair Vibes for BK!!~~~

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #100 on: April 11, 2012, 03:41:53 PM »

Holy Moley! I just got an ASCAP check in the post for $148.00; I usually get about half of that distributed over four payments dufing the year. It must have been a good Christmas season in 2011!

:)

Jane

« Reply #101 on: April 11, 2012, 03:43:41 PM »

Glad to hear Sherlock is feeling better.   Jane did you see the photo I posted on your FB wall?

I did thank you & hadn't responded yet.  Is that your vet's fb page?  Did you see the beautiful Great Dane?

Jane

« Reply #102 on: April 11, 2012, 03:44:53 PM »

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Excellent Dental Vibes &  Xylophones to BK! ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I had my dental appointment this morning and things were much better than last time...I don't have to come back for another six months (back to the regular schedule)!  AND I didn't have to pay for it!  I thought that our dental plan allowed for one appointment every six months, but it turns out that it's actually good for two appts. within a calendar year.  Since my last appt. was in December and this is a new calendar year, I'm covered! ;D

Make sure you never go before the 6 months are up.  We used to have a dental plan so I know.

KevinH

« Reply #103 on: April 11, 2012, 03:55:05 PM »

I am always surprised when DR Jennifer and DR George talk about their libraries getting in new DVDs. The only time our library gets new DVDs is when I donate them.

Right now our city library is well stocked in Bollywood movies and old B-rate sci-fi.

Me too!  My library only has PBS-type DVDs, on the whole.  I don't think they have any recently released ones.

KevinH

« Reply #104 on: April 11, 2012, 03:56:12 PM »

Make sure you never go before the 6 months are up.  We used to have a dental plan so I know.

I guess that's why the post card from my dentist says to schedule my appointment "after" May 21, 2012.

KevinH

« Reply #105 on: April 11, 2012, 03:56:51 PM »

A review of the Brent Barrett-Karen Mason show (or maybe it was Karen Mason-Brent Barrett):

http://t2conline.com/karen-mason-and-brent-barrett-rock-the-room-and-sing-happy-at-birdland/

Thanks DR JohnG!

KevinH

« Reply #106 on: April 11, 2012, 04:00:48 PM »

BK's quote from yesterday:

Yay!  Now if we can just get you and KevinH and others to write a review on amazon or even Goodreads, that would be most wonderful and helpful.

To quote DR George:  "I"m thinking!"

KevinH

« Reply #107 on: April 11, 2012, 04:01:19 PM »

All the best wishes and health vibes for DR TCB!

George

« Reply #108 on: April 11, 2012, 04:07:11 PM »

I think the last vinyl I bought was THE DROWSEY CHAPERONE a few years ago (and I've never played it!). Before that, it would be the MYSTERY OF EDWIN DROOD cast recording back in the 80's.  DROOD was also the first cast recording I bought as a cd.

I remember when the OCR of Once On This Island was released in 1990, it was the first cast recording that I knew of that wasn't released on BOTH vinyl and CD.  It was the beginning of a new era.

George

« Reply #109 on: April 11, 2012, 04:12:21 PM »

My next appointment is October 16...six months PLUS five days from now. ;)

George

« Reply #110 on: April 11, 2012, 04:13:02 PM »

DR GEORGE - there is a collection of hilarious one act plays by David Ives called ALL IN THE TIMING......if you are thinking of an evening of one acts, I can't recommend these plays more highly.  We did an evening of six of them at the Phoenix Theatre a few years ago including:

Words Words Words - Three chimpanzees with typewriters are being watched by scientists, and in the end....do start to write Hamlet

All In The Timing - A courting couple talk, and when one says the wrong thing, a bell rings, and they have to start over

Phillip Glass Buys a Loaf of Bread - just what the title says

The Philadelphia - a man just wants a Philly sandwich, but is in a restaurant where you have to ask for the opposite of what you want to get it

The Universal Language - my favorite!  A young man goes to a language class....and buy the end of the 15 minutes he - and everyone in the audience - is speaking and understanding an entirely new language

Variations on the Death of Trotsky - the only one I didn't like....but some people did.

There was a theater group from Yelm (about 20 minutes away from Olympia) that did selections from this.  I thoroughly enjoyed the pieces that they chose to do. :)

George

« Reply #111 on: April 11, 2012, 04:13:17 PM »

Continued vibes and prayers, TCB. Hope you are resting, recuperating and rehabilitating comfortably and successfully.

DITTO!!!!!!!

~~~DITTO, TOO!!~~~

George

« Reply #112 on: April 11, 2012, 04:44:02 PM »

Pardon my gushing, but after my dental appointment this morning, the route back to work took me by a local Blockbuster that will be closing this weekend.  I just had to stop in and look!  ALL previously viewed DVDs AND Blu-rays were only $1.99!  All new (unopened) DVD/Blu-rays were 70% off the lowest ticketed price.  AND they had a bunch of their rental DVDs with no boxes (just in the mailer sleeves) for $1.99 for TWO!  So, for only $32.49, I got:

New, unopened Blu-ray:
Julie & Julia (only $3.90)

Previously viewed Blu-rays ($1.99 each):
Brokeback Mountain (even though I already have the DVD)
Brüno
Fame
(the remake)
The Kids Are All Right
Nine
Paranormal Activity
The Social Network

DVDs with cases ($1.99 each):
Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull
Flight of the Conchords
(complete first season...two discs)

2-for-$1.99 DVDs w/o cases:
Australia
Death at a Funeral
(the remake)
Ghost Writer
A History of Violence
Quantum Solace
The Royal Tenenbaums
(Criterion Collection two-disc set...in one sleeve, so it counted as one!)

SCORE!!

George

« Reply #113 on: April 11, 2012, 04:44:14 PM »

Just had to share. :)

MBarnum

« Reply #114 on: April 11, 2012, 04:56:45 PM »

Good shopping, DR George!

MBarnum

« Reply #115 on: April 11, 2012, 04:59:55 PM »

Somehow I missed this news, but actor Jerome Courtland died on March 1st at age 85.

Jane

« Reply #116 on: April 11, 2012, 05:09:24 PM »

Congrats on your purchases!

George

« Reply #117 on: April 11, 2012, 05:48:50 PM »

Congrats on your purchases!

Thanks Mike and Jane...I love it when that happens. :D

George

« Reply #118 on: April 11, 2012, 06:01:26 PM »

Well, I am off.  I'm going to get a little something to eat before I attend (as a patron...NOT usher!) the "National Broadway Tour of In the Heights"!  I can't wait!  Last year at the WCPA volunteer appreciation dinner, I won two tickets to any WCPA sponsored event and I chose this! 

According to the production website, Natalie Toro is in the cast (hers is the only name that I recognize).  I don't know if she'll be in tonight's performance, but she sang a duet with our very own Guy Haines on his CD, "Haines His Way." :) I actually have that CD with me here at work, so I'll bring it with me to the theater and see if I can send it backstage to get her autograph.  Wouldn't that be cool?

Be back later!

George

« Reply #119 on: April 11, 2012, 06:01:47 PM »

But before I go (since we're so close)...
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Up