Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8   Go Down

Author Topic: LUNCH THEATER  (Read 41240 times)

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
Re: LUNCH THEATER
« Reply #30 on: April 15, 2012, 07:00:09 AM »

She is wearing one of her Jean Louis dresses that he designed for her for the movie....she had five of them.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #31 on: April 15, 2012, 07:00:46 AM »

Page Two Dance.

Maybe DR TCB will be here today and reach his MILLSTONE....it was great to read his posts last night....which I read this morning...

FJL

« Reply #32 on: April 15, 2012, 07:07:05 AM »

Bill Cosby says on ABC that he would want Betty White to play him in a movie of his life.

Question for free-for-all day:  If it had to be someone of the opposite gender, who would you choose to play you in the story of your life?  (without cheating and choosing someone who's really of your same gender through some loophole)

ArnoldMBrockman

• so many possibilities
« Reply #33 on: April 15, 2012, 07:07:25 AM »

And the word of the day is: IRRIGUOUS!

And The Song Of The Day Is:  APRIL SHOWERS

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #34 on: April 15, 2012, 07:10:34 AM »

Happy April 15th, even though April 17th is this year's April 15th!

There's no accounting for your humor.

der Brucer

;D
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

JMK

« Reply #35 on: April 15, 2012, 07:13:30 AM »

Allison and Raymond in the only FILM they made together....1955's Count Three And Pray.  ;D

What the audience probably was doing just as the lights came down.  :)

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

ArnoldMBrockman

• so many possibilities
« Reply #36 on: April 15, 2012, 07:13:43 AM »

I posted this at the end of last night's posts - for those who don't read those, I repost it here because I feel like it:

I must say that there are times when I think of people like Jose and a few others who just up and leave without a word (of course they don't up and leave Facebook, where it's more about them, I suppose) that I just want to shut this jernt down because I find it so irritating.  I know Jose has done this before and then finally makes a reappearance months later, but I just will never understand it - no one did anything to him (and I'm not just talking about him specifically but he happened to be on my mind today because I'd sent him two e-mails (not about his absence) both of which went unanswered, which I find truly disgusting), and please don't tell me that everyone has been having wonderful private e-mails and he's just taking a break, because I don't want to hear it about him or anyone else, frankly - I'm at the point where if he never comes back then that's just peachy with me - I think everyone on this site has been far too good to him, and that includes me - but enough about that - my POINT is that whenever I start feeling this way, going to that place, I look at what this site really is about - TCB coming back to us and healing, Vixmom alive and well, people supporting and caring about each other - and I know I will NEVER shut it down because it's very special here.  At least the folks here have BEEN here for TCB - those who haven't probably don't even know what's gone on.  I guess it can be fun to be in a bubble or have it be all about you, but for me?  Feh.  End of rant.

I Don't Understand It...However I Miss MONKEY more Than JOSE

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #37 on: April 15, 2012, 07:14:02 AM »

DR FJL - I think only a actress of great versatility could even begin to convey the complexities of my life.....I would have to choose:

Dina Merrill.

JMK

« Reply #38 on: April 15, 2012, 07:14:12 AM »

No answers yet on the wrists/palms problem.  If it hasn't started to go away by tomorry, I'm off to the doctor.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #39 on: April 15, 2012, 07:17:24 AM »

I think I will watch WILL SUCCESS SPOIL ROCK HUNTER? - even though I have to suffer through Tony Randall.....I also get to see Jayne Mansfield be as funny as she would ever be on screen.

Randall: Perhaps you should incorporate yourself. I would help you.

Mansfield: If you're the president of the corporation, what would I be?

Randall:  Well, I would be Vice President and Treasurer of Rita Marlowe Productions, but you would be the titular head of the company.

Mansfield: *squealing as only Jayne could do*

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #40 on: April 15, 2012, 07:17:38 AM »

No answers yet on the wrists/palms problem.  If it hasn't started to go away by tomorry, I'm off to the doctor.

Good idea.

FJL

« Reply #41 on: April 15, 2012, 07:21:22 AM »

DR FJL - I think only a actress of great versatility could even begin to convey the complexities of my life.....I would have to choose:

Dina Merrill.

Fascinating choice!

FJL

« Reply #42 on: April 15, 2012, 07:22:38 AM »

I think perhaps someone with wessonality to play me.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2012, 12:19:59 PM by FJL »

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #43 on: April 15, 2012, 08:01:30 AM »

elmore, thanks for your post.  What I didn't want today is how people have had private e-mails and he'll be back whenever he feels like it and all that jazz.  It's just baffling and weird and weird and baffling and that's all I'm going to say about it.  As Babs and Donna so aptly put it, enough is enough.  And the unanswered e-mails is just as rude as the absence, perhaps ruder. 

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #44 on: April 15, 2012, 08:01:54 AM »

Oh, and I'm up.  A little earlier than my alarm but that's fine.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #45 on: April 15, 2012, 08:21:43 AM »

elmore, thanks for your post.  What I didn't want today is how people have had private e-mails and he'll be back whenever he feels like it and all that jazz.  It's just baffling and weird and weird and baffling and that's all I'm going to say about it.  As Babs and Donna so aptly put it, enough is enough.  And the unanswered e-mails is just as rude as the absence, perhaps ruder. 

People's mindsets change, too. Perhaps HHW was there when he needed something missing in his life to be filled. He doesn't need this site at the present time, so I hope that whatever need was covered here is sated elsewhere. It's all a pendulum and life's variables swing one way for a while and then swing back. It isn't so great news for those of us wanting instant gratification, but it's the nature of things.

I have to tackle THE ONLY GIRL now. The pdf files are sent.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #46 on: April 15, 2012, 08:34:59 AM »

But it all came home to me with TCB's coming back after his surgery - that's what we're about and if people don't get that then I suppose Facebook and Twitter is all about them and it's better there.  I love our denizens here and just have to move on when someone does something baffling.

ArnoldMBrockman

• so many possibilities
« Reply #47 on: April 15, 2012, 08:44:21 AM »

But it all came home to me with TCB's coming back after his surgery - that's what we're about and if people don't get that then I suppose Facebook and Twitter is all about them and it's better there.  I love our denizens here and just have to move on when someone does something baffling.

And I Agree With You And Elmore 100%

Druxy

• druxmanworks.com
« Reply #48 on: April 15, 2012, 08:45:59 AM »

People's mindsets change, too. Perhaps HHW was there when he needed something missing in his life to be filled. He doesn't need this site at the present time, so I hope that whatever need was covered here is sated elsewhere. It's all a pendulum and life's variables swing one way for a while and then swing back. It isn't so great news for those of us wanting instant gratification, but it's the nature of things.

I tend to agree with this assessment.

And there are times when somebody feels that they don't have anything to contribute to the discussion , or they have other things in their life to do.
You can dream…or you can do.

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #49 on: April 15, 2012, 08:48:40 AM »

Of course, there is no one answer why people leave, but that doesn't make it any less sad for those of us who miss them.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #50 on: April 15, 2012, 08:49:30 AM »

Bill Cosby says on ABC that he would want Betty White to play him in a movie of his life.

Question for free-for-all day:  If it had to be someone of the opposite gender, who would you choose to play you in the story of your life?  (without cheating and choosing someone who's really of your same gender through some loophole)
Kristin Chenoweth. Doesn't she play all parts, great and small?
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

Druxy

• druxmanworks.com
« Reply #51 on: April 15, 2012, 08:49:50 AM »

Has anybody here had any experience/dealings with Audible.com or ACX (Audiobook Creation Exchange)?

John G.

« Reply #52 on: April 15, 2012, 08:50:03 AM »

Kristin Chenoweth. Doesn't she play all parts, great and small?

But then again, with my luck, it would end up being Debra Messing.
― Voltaire

Kerry

« Reply #53 on: April 15, 2012, 08:57:14 AM »

I wish I was going to see The Drowsy Chaperone this afternoon.

Me, too.

Yes, me too.  And I'm sure DR Laura would agree (if she hasn't already said so).
I like boat races.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #54 on: April 15, 2012, 08:59:11 AM »

That's a lovely review that Mr Parcher - did I forget his name already? - posted on Amazon for Album Produced By!

I've done everything but make the bed this morning. That's next and then I tackle the Herbert scores. I'm a bit sour on this project for the nonce and having a hard time raising any enthusiasm. Hopefully, that will change.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #55 on: April 15, 2012, 08:59:52 AM »

Me, too.

Yes, me too.  And I'm sure DR Laura would agree (if she hasn't already said so).

She's too busy eating airplane snacks.

Druxy

• druxmanworks.com
« Reply #56 on: April 15, 2012, 09:00:09 AM »

Me, too.

I saw a terrific production of this at the ZACH in Austin a year or so ago.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #57 on: April 15, 2012, 09:02:22 AM »

I gotta tell you.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #58 on: April 15, 2012, 09:02:37 AM »

Long drive coming up.  Sun is out, though and it looks nice out.

John G.

« Reply #59 on: April 15, 2012, 09:03:04 AM »

Thanks for the Titanic connections, Mike.
― Voltaire
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8   Go Up