Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8   Go Down

Author Topic: LUNCH THEATER  (Read 41356 times)

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
Re: LUNCH THEATER
« Reply #60 on: April 15, 2012, 09:05:46 AM »

Page three!
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

ArnoldMBrockman

• so many possibilities
« Reply #61 on: April 15, 2012, 09:12:20 AM »

Page three!

As If By Wizardry Page 3

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #62 on: April 15, 2012, 09:35:10 AM »

In about thirty minutes I'll be on my way to the Candlelight Pavillion Dinner Theatre - I'm interested to see what it's all about.

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #63 on: April 15, 2012, 09:50:51 AM »

In about thirty minutes I'll be on my way to the Candlelight Pavillion Dinner Theatre - I'm interested to see what it's all about.

Dinner's awfully early in your neck of the woods.
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #64 on: April 15, 2012, 09:55:56 AM »

Around 1981, the cast of BARNUM and I went to "New York's Only Dinner Theatre" for a midnight production of Euripides' THE TROJAN WOMEN, set in the rubble of the hotel that burned down in Las Vegas (the MGM Grand?). it was one of the funniest events of my life: the cast used the text of the Euripides play and camped it up. Harlette Ula Hedwig played Cher playing Hecuba, Laura Kenyon played Lainie Kazan playing Andromache, Holly Woodlawn played Helen of Troy as I recall. and there were some others whom I've forgotten. I don't remember who played Elvis playing Menelaus but I'd swear now that it was Meatloaf.  The Greek chorus of Trojan women was a whorey group of chorus girls stranded from the fire.

It was in a dive in the Easy Village and, to keep up the image of a dinner theatre, when you paid for your ticket, you were given a paper plate and a plastic fork, and you joined a line to receive a huge ladle of Kraft mac'n'cheese, wich you ate during the performance.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2012, 10:44:28 AM by elmore3003 »
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

JMK

« Reply #65 on: April 15, 2012, 10:04:24 AM »

I did a tour with some comedians right after the MGM Grand burned and one of their biggest laugh lines was they had just come back from a performance in the burning sands--which was right next to the burning MGM Grand.

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

JMK

« Reply #66 on: April 15, 2012, 10:05:52 AM »

I played a funeral yesterday and they asked me to stay and play the "after party" ;), and some woman came up and handed me a little note about her accomplishments, which supposedly included playing for TCB's own Tacoma Symphony.  When I said I had been up there a few years ago to review a concert of theirs for THE SONDHEIM REVIEW, I mentioned I had interviewed the conductor, whose name I couldn't remember, and suddenly she got quite flabbergasted and said she couldn't remember his name either.  Methinks she may have padded her CV.  ;)

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #67 on: April 15, 2012, 10:56:46 AM »

From DR Jennifer:
My other niece is getting a new 2 wheeler with training wheels for her 3rd birthday in a month. She is very excited. Today she did ride on her tricyle. Although it took her like 30 minutes to get around the block. Good thing i didn't have to ride my bike beside her.

LOL, could you have even biked that slowly ;)   Running along side the bike is more exercise.

I've seen children here who have bikes without training wheels.  The bike are low enough to the ground they push with their feet & then lift their feet to coast & then eventually pedal. 

Doug R

« Reply #68 on: April 15, 2012, 10:56:56 AM »

I've tried my best and I've watched 8 of them but there's no way I can slog my way through the rest of the 39 episodes of Perry Mason. An interesting nostalgia trip but they are so very formulaic and budget restricted.

What season were you watching?  My favorite episodes of course are those featuring Miss Allison Hayes.

Miss Hayes is the only reason to watch a lot of the stuff she was in!

Yes....yes....this is true.

I've been watching series 1 from 1957.

Jane

« Reply #69 on: April 15, 2012, 10:59:54 AM »

DR John G I enjoyed your rich descriptions of dinner last night even if I wouldn't eat much of it.  Your white bean salad sounds good if you skipped the shrimp.

Doug R

« Reply #70 on: April 15, 2012, 11:00:08 AM »

My fridge freezer is making some very odd loud noises. Looks like I'm going to have to call out a service engineer.

Doug R

« Reply #71 on: April 15, 2012, 11:02:14 AM »

Instead of having my main meal in the evening I had it lunchtime today. Steak and kidney pie, roast potatoes and spring greens.

Jane

« Reply #72 on: April 15, 2012, 11:03:54 AM »

DR George congrats on your Blockbuster finds!

How did I skip DAYS OF WINE & ROSES  ::)  The first time I saw this I was in high school.  Not only was this movie great but it was the first time, outside of my home, I was introduced to the life of alcoholism and it was done with such compassion. 

Jane

« Reply #73 on: April 15, 2012, 11:06:48 AM »

DR JMK I'm sorry I missed your post:
I am experiencing the weirdest phenomenon that I think I have to go see my doctor about if it doesn't abate.  I planted some flowers last week and then within a day or two my wrists (!) and palms got covered in a really bumpy rash.  It doesn't itch, it doesn't hurt, but days of antibiotics and hydrocortisone have done nothing to make it go away.  I'm getting a little freaked out.

Who gave you antibiotics for a rash?

Maybe the doctor to see is a dermatologist, if you can get an appointment.

Doug R

« Reply #74 on: April 15, 2012, 11:07:09 AM »

I watched A NIGHT TO REMEMBER on BBC TV today. I saw it when it was first released and it's still the best film to portray the disaster. Unfortunately they showed it incorrectly in full frame.

Jane

« Reply #75 on: April 15, 2012, 11:10:24 AM »

please don't tell me that everyone has been having wonderful private e-mails and he's just taking a break,

I haven't a clue what he is up to & really don't know from the few posts I've seen on Facebook.

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
« Reply #76 on: April 15, 2012, 11:12:49 AM »

In our one phone call, which I now believe was to prooke a fight, in late January, he told me all my faults

There are damn few folks that could afford the tariff to phone me with a discussion of all my faults.

der Brucer
We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.

Jane

« Reply #77 on: April 15, 2012, 11:14:45 AM »

DR elmore I'm sorry about your best friend and hope one days your relationship will be good again.

Jane

« Reply #78 on: April 15, 2012, 11:15:03 AM »

In our one phone call, which I now believe was to prooke a fight, in late January, he told me all my faults

There are damn few folks that could afford the tariff to phone me with a discussion of all my faults.

der Brucer

;D

Jane

« Reply #79 on: April 15, 2012, 11:16:28 AM »

my POINT is that whenever I start feeling this way, going to that place, I look at what this site really is about - TCB coming back to us and healing, Vixmom alive and well, people supporting and caring about each other - and I know I will NEVER shut it down because it's very special here. 

Keep those good thoughts.

DERBRUCER

« Reply #80 on: April 15, 2012, 11:30:32 AM »

No answers yet on the wrists/palms problem.  If it hasn't started to go away by tomorry, I'm off to the doctor.

Maybe my re-posting this from the other day will give you a clue:

"All parts of daphne are toxic if ingested and contact with the sap may cause skin irritation."

der Brucer

SWoody, commneting over my shoulder:

"Did Jeff gat a rash from diddling Daphne?"
« Last Edit: April 15, 2012, 11:32:16 AM by DERBRUCER »

DERBRUCER

« Reply #81 on: April 15, 2012, 12:04:35 PM »

Yesterday, driving in Marylands's lower Eastern Shore, we spotted the following car sticker:

der Brucer

DERBRUCER

« Reply #82 on: April 15, 2012, 12:08:52 PM »

We were gone all day yesterday on a trip to Annapolis (about which, more later). Mr SmartassPhone decided not to link up with the network, so I couldn't even read the posts.

Some ketchup thughts:

Jane posted :

I also had a garbage can incident yesterday.

Might I obseerve that Keith gave her fair warning!

der Brucer

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #83 on: April 15, 2012, 12:09:09 PM »

THE DROWSY CHAPERONE as dinner theater..........
THE DROWSY CHAPERONE as lunch theater..........

How about SWEENEY TODD as dinner theater?
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #84 on: April 15, 2012, 12:13:57 PM »

I posted this at the end of last night's posts - for those who don't read those, I repost it here because I feel like it:

I must say that there are times when I think of people like Jose and a few others who just up and leave without a word (of course they don't up and leave Facebook, where it's more about them, I suppose) that I just want to shut this jernt down because I find it so irritating.  I know Jose has done this before and then finally makes a reappearance months later, but I just will never understand it - no one did anything to him (and I'm not just talking about him specifically but he happened to be on my mind today because I'd sent him two e-mails (not about his absence) both of which went unanswered, which I find truly disgusting), and please don't tell me that everyone has been having wonderful private e-mails and he's just taking a break, because I don't want to hear it about him or anyone else, frankly - I'm at the point where if he never comes back then that's just peachy with me - I think everyone on this site has been far too good to him, and that includes me - but enough about that - my POINT is that whenever I start feeling this way, going to that place, I look at what this site really is about - TCB coming back to us and healing, Vixmom alive and well, people supporting and caring about each other - and I know I will NEVER shut it down because it's very special here.  At least the folks here have BEEN here for TCB - those who haven't probably don't even know what's gone on.  I guess it can be fun to be in a bubble or have it be all about you, but for me?  Feh.  End of rant.

Thank you, BK.  I doubt I would be feeling as well as I do, if I didn't have my friends and family at Facebook Haines His Way.

I hope you never close down this site, because then we would all have to actually move in to your living room!
“One thing’s universal,

FJL

« Reply #85 on: April 15, 2012, 12:21:59 PM »

TCB - You're now only 8 away from that great millstone!!!

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #86 on: April 15, 2012, 12:27:39 PM »

A beautiful Sunday -weather wise - around these here parts.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

JMK

« Reply #87 on: April 15, 2012, 12:36:36 PM »

KEEP PORTLAND WEIRD has been the unofficial slogan here for at least 10 or 15 years, maybe longer.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #88 on: April 15, 2012, 12:42:06 PM »

Lung was decent. A chicken breast atop pasta. The actor and artistic director who invited me hung out at the table for a bit. The place itself is very nice and it's almost sold out

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #89 on: April 15, 2012, 12:45:25 PM »

elmore, thanks for your post.  What I didn't want today is how people have had private e-mails and he'll be back whenever he feels like it and all that jazz.  It's just baffling and weird and weird and baffling and that's all I'm going to say about it.  As Babs and Donna so aptly put it, enough is enough.  And the unanswered e-mails is just as rude as the absence, perhaps ruder. 

People's mindsets change, too. Perhaps HHW was there when he needed something missing in his life to be filled. He doesn't need this site at the present time, so I hope that whatever need was covered here is sated elsewhere. It's all a pendulum and life's variables swing one way for a while and then swing back. It isn't so great news for those of us wanting instant gratification, but it's the nature of things.

The world is a circle without a beginning,
And nobody knows where it really ends.
Everything depends on where you
Are in the cirle that never begins.
Nobody knows where the circle ends.

“One thing’s universal,
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8   Go Up