Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]   Go Down

Author Topic: SOUTH OF THE BORDER  (Read 13585 times)

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
Re: SOUTH OF THE BORDER
« Reply #180 on: April 27, 2012, 07:34:20 PM »

PAGE EIGHT TIME-TO-GO-HOME DANCE!!

;D ;D ;D Until Later! ;D ;D ;D
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #181 on: April 27, 2012, 08:01:36 PM »

Watching Pal Joey - stunningly good transfer, but a movie I just don't like at all, save for the Sinatra vocals and looking at Miss Kim.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #182 on: April 27, 2012, 08:06:26 PM »

Here is the enigma of the day: Why does today, Friday, seem like tomorrow, Saturday.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #183 on: April 27, 2012, 08:13:35 PM »

Well, it was bound to happen when one has a website that will soon be the most popular site on all the Internet - someone I know who's on Facebook is asking for - wait for it - vibes to be sent her way.  Sorry, pal, you want vibes that work and aren't just Facebook imitation, the only vibes I know of that are sure to do the trick are located and patented right here at haineshisway.com.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #184 on: April 27, 2012, 08:47:33 PM »

I quite enjoyed THE GHOSTS OF VERSAILLES, one of the most beautiful and moving productions I've seen at Manhattan School of Music. I sat with my goddaughter Charlotte and the great soprano Catherine Malfitano, oneof the fiercest operatic actors I've ever seen onstage, an amazing actress. The first act is very funny and the second act gets very moving. The cast acquitted themselves quite well and the orchestra (48 in the pit) was amazing. I don't know how they ever knew where they were in the score at times. John Corigliano and William Hoffman, the authors, took bows with the director and conductor at the end. I think I'll be watching the Met production on DVD soon.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

vixmom

• Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty
« Reply #185 on: April 27, 2012, 08:54:25 PM »

JOhn G.  my deepest condolences on the loss of your friend

you and all who love her will be in my prayers tonight

Vibes of comfort
Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty

It’s weird being the same age as old people

ChasSmith

« Reply #186 on: April 27, 2012, 08:56:07 PM »

I remember liking "The Ghosts of Versailles" at the Met and on the laserdisc, which admittedly I haven't pulled out in a decade or longer.  But now I will.

vixmom

• Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty
« Reply #187 on: April 27, 2012, 09:28:18 PM »

faling asleep
Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty

It’s weird being the same age as old people

Cillaliz

« Reply #188 on: April 27, 2012, 09:54:36 PM »

The book sale was a zoo.  Not as bad as the estate sale BK attended, but the dealers were lined up in the rain and thunderstorm, so they started the sale early.  The dealers have some sort of inventory scanner program.  If they have it already they just toss it on top of the other books and push their way down the line.  As a volunteer I have to clean up after them.  It's really crazy. 

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #189 on: April 27, 2012, 10:10:26 PM »

Watched the rest of the two movies I had started while doing website work tonight. And Igot to watch the first half of "Sunday in the Park with George." What an amazing score. It was one of the best afternoons I ever spent in the theater and I'm so glad to have the DVD.

And with that, night, all.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

Ann

• Cake or Death?
    • My LiveJournal
« Reply #190 on: April 27, 2012, 10:35:55 PM »

I love Mexican food.  The best I can remember having was actually in Mexico, at a little place that seemed to be a converted garage, with no fourth wall, and no formal menu.  I had a shrimp dish that was so divinely simple and tasty, my mouth waters thinking about it

Closer to home, a little place in downtown Tacoma called La Fondita, serves some fabulous mexican food.  I believe DR Jed and I have dined there with TCB on at least one occasion.

Matthew

• You there, why are you so late?
« Reply #191 on: April 27, 2012, 11:58:07 PM »

Sitting at the bar at the DP's hotel - the Four Seasons, after our Annie preview (which went well). He sent out some limoncello cheesecake pops and the kitchen sent out Fois Gras poppers.  The poppers are not my thing!  Lol
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]   Go Up