Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7   Go Down

Author Topic: THE RITUAL  (Read 11927 times)

Kerry

Re: THE RITUAL
« Reply #30 on: May 15, 2012, 06:49:18 AM »

It's not Monday.
I like boat races.

Kerry

« Reply #31 on: May 15, 2012, 06:49:37 AM »

Page 2 Tuesday dance
I like boat races.

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #32 on: May 15, 2012, 06:50:16 AM »

I've always been more of a Cassavettes fan than not. Loved "Faces," "Shadows"and "A Woman Under the Influence" possibly the most. Perhaps I just love anything with Gena Rowlands in it.

Now, Henry Jaglom is someone I could never understand. Never found anything remotely appealing in the three or four films of his that I watched, so I stayed away.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

Druxy

• druxmanworks.com
« Reply #33 on: May 15, 2012, 06:59:31 AM »

I've always been more of a Cassavettes fan than not. Loved "Faces," "Shadows"and "A Woman Under the Influence" possibly the most. Perhaps I just love anything with Gena Rowlands in it.

Being a writer, I love a tight, well structured and written script, which you don't get in a Cassavettes picture when the actors are allowed to improvise to their heart's content.

But, he was the darling of the critics, so who am I to say?

BTW: I like Ms. Rowlands, too.  I think she is terrific.
You can dream…or you can do.

FJL

« Reply #34 on: May 15, 2012, 07:13:56 AM »

Now, Henry Jaglom is someone I could never understand. Never found anything remotely appealing in the three or four films of his that I watched, so I stayed away.

John G - I hope you'll give a chance anyway to Mr. Jaglom's JUST 45 MINUTES FROM BROADWAY, which features one of my dearest friends, the talented writer and actress Harriet Schock (best known for writing songs like Ain't No Way to Treat a Lady and Hollywood Town, and also co-starred in Henry Jaglom's exciting but controversial film Irene in Time)

imdb listing
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1738355/

I haven't gotten to see it yet, but the play it's based on got terrific reviews in L.A.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2012, 07:16:27 AM by FJL »

ChasSmith

« Reply #35 on: May 15, 2012, 07:51:36 AM »

What I Just Learned:

Saturday, May 19th, is International Learn to Fly Day.

Which I did, back in '77-'78, at Van Nuys Airport.  Logged around 270 hours before various and sundry life changes kind of shoved it aside.  But man, I loved it, and still would.  Can't imagine the FAA would approve my vision the way it is now.  Not that I'd even bother trying.  Getting that approval every couple of years was hard enough when I was but a li'l 30-something.

John G.

« Reply #36 on: May 15, 2012, 08:03:44 AM »

John G - I hope you'll give a chance anyway to Mr. Jaglom's JUST 45 MINUTES FROM BROADWAY, which features one of my dearest friends, the talented writer and actress Harriet Schock (best known for writing songs like Ain't No Way to Treat a Lady and Hollywood Town, and also co-starred in Henry Jaglom's exciting but controversial film Irene in Time)

imdb listing
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1738355/

I haven't gotten to see it yet, but the play it's based on got terrific reviews in L.A.
Maybe if he has a script to work from, he might be more in control -- or something might be more in control of him.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #37 on: May 15, 2012, 08:34:54 AM »

From Bruce:
Take a break, then get a beautiful new puppy!

After the last two dogs I said no more & it took a year in-between each.  This time Keith agrees.  I still haven't gotten another cat so we shall see. 

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #38 on: May 15, 2012, 08:35:47 AM »

Well on top of the bad water - the Polaroid Television gave up the ghost.....so I had to go buy another television.  I got an Emerson 39" HDTV with all the connections I needed and it is now up and running.....we shall see what happens with all the peripherals I also installed.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jane

« Reply #39 on: May 15, 2012, 08:36:44 AM »

Sincere sympathies to Jane and her family.

Thank you.

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #40 on: May 15, 2012, 08:39:03 AM »

From Bruce:

After the last two dogs I said no more & it took a year in-between each.  This time Keith agrees.  I still haven't gotten another cat so we shall see. 

I am ready to be dogless for the first time in my life after Beegee and Blanche depart.  Betsy is threatening divorce.  (That's nothing new).   ;)
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

Jane

« Reply #41 on: May 15, 2012, 08:40:53 AM »

And once again Jane i am soor about your loss

Appreciated.  It was lonely in the bedroom this morning.

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #42 on: May 15, 2012, 08:41:16 AM »

Listening to the new ROSEMARY'S BABY release.  Great insert booklet!
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

Jane

« Reply #43 on: May 15, 2012, 09:00:03 AM »

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Vibes of comfort and healing to DR Jane and everyone! ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
And, please, keep them office vibes coming!

Thank you and...

CONTINUED OFFICE VIBES!!!!

Jane

« Reply #44 on: May 15, 2012, 09:00:35 AM »

Vibes to Jane, Keith and all.

Thank you.

Jane

« Reply #45 on: May 15, 2012, 09:01:05 AM »

Today can be Remember Sherlock Day for all of the wonderful pictures and stories that DR JANE has posted.

Awwww!

Jane

« Reply #46 on: May 15, 2012, 09:01:28 AM »

JANE and KEITH

Here's To Dear Dog Sherlock-For Sure Locked In Your Hearts Forever

:-*

ChasSmith

« Reply #47 on: May 15, 2012, 09:02:30 AM »

Listening to the new ROSEMARY'S BABY release.  Great insert booklet!

Jealous!

I'm way behind on many such good things in life.  Will catch up little by little.

Jane

« Reply #48 on: May 15, 2012, 09:03:16 AM »

Day-after vibes for DR Jane and Keith.

Our bedroom looks pretty again and I only needed one sheet on the lint roller, vs about 20, while making the bed.  I miss the mess in there & the layers of sheets on top of the spread.

Jane

« Reply #49 on: May 15, 2012, 09:03:57 AM »

Boil your water - if you live in my town.  It seems maintenance at the Morningstar Water Tower let pressure drop below 20 psi, so for cooking and drinking we have to boil our water for one minute.   However since I use bottled water, I will be fine!

:P  We get that quite frequently, DR JRand, because we live in an older part of town and the infrastructure is aging.  It usually takes me a couple of days after the all-clear to be able to drink the tap water.

I would never drink the tap water!

Jane

« Reply #50 on: May 15, 2012, 09:04:49 AM »

Good morning, all! I had a dream involving our DR Ginny last night, but now I cannot for the life of me remember what the dream was about....

DR Elmore, did you dream that I was in NYC?  That's NEXT week...

That's right.  Keith's aunt & cousin, who invited me to meet them there, are leaving for NY soon.

Jane

« Reply #51 on: May 15, 2012, 09:06:41 AM »

What I Just Learned:

Saturday, May 19th, is International Learn to Fly Day.

Which I did, back in '77-'78, at Van Nuys Airport.  Logged around 270 hours before various and sundry life changes kind of shoved it aside.  But man, I loved it, and still would.  Can't imagine the FAA would approve my vision the way it is now.  Not that I'd even bother trying.  Getting that approval every couple of years was hard enough when I was but a li'l 30-something.

I'm afraid I would get very air sick in a little plane.  Our neighbor build a plane in his garage and it was fun watching the progress.

ChasSmith

« Reply #52 on: May 15, 2012, 09:15:57 AM »

Maybe you would if you're prone to motion sickness anyway, but most first-timers are surprised to find that flying in a small plane feels very much like it does in a large one, except being a thousand times more fun.  This of course depends on one's being smart enough to fly in appropriate conditions for the plane.  Also, I used to make sure the scaredy-cat sat in front so I could let them get a feel for the controls, which in my own limited experience never failed to completely win them over to it.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #53 on: May 15, 2012, 09:16:58 AM »

Air Tran is advertising $99 flights.....but no details.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #54 on: May 15, 2012, 09:17:19 AM »

TV and DVD players and VCR seem to be working.....

Jane

« Reply #55 on: May 15, 2012, 09:17:39 AM »

From Bruce:

I am ready to be dogless for the first time in my life after Beegee and Blanche depart.  Betsy is threatening divorce.  (That's nothing new).   ;)

Keith & Craig, who was 15 at the time, forced me into getting Echo. I used to joke about that because we were so attached.

I suggested getting Sherlock because Keith really wasn't ready not to have a dog, after all if I wanted a cat we would have gotten one.  Well, I do want one I've just managed to stay firm in my decision, so far anyway.  Since Sherlock was diagnosed I've been craving a kitten.

Jane

« Reply #56 on: May 15, 2012, 09:28:17 AM »

Maybe you would if you're prone to motion sickness anyway, but most first-timers are surprised to find that flying in a small plane feels very much like it does in a large one, except being a thousand times more fun.  This of course depends on one's being smart enough to fly in appropriate conditions for the plane.  Also, I used to make sure the scaredy-cat sat in front so I could let them get a feel for the controls, which in my own limited experience never failed to completely win them over to it.

It sounds wonderful.  I am very prone to motion sickness and can even get car sick when I'm driving. 

ChasSmith

« Reply #57 on: May 15, 2012, 09:31:05 AM »

It sounds wonderful.  I am very prone to motion sickness and can even get car sick when I'm driving. 

Wow, that's unusual.  I think.  But what do I know?  I'll get motion-sick if I try to read in a car, no question about that.  Sometimes, at least in the past, just sitting in the back seat on, say, a windy mountain road.  Never air-sick, though, love it too much for that.  Well, maybe if I got SCARED enough.... 

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #58 on: May 15, 2012, 09:40:44 AM »

Scrolling on the computer or using the old microfilm files too long can give me motion sickness.

John G.

« Reply #59 on: May 15, 2012, 09:48:05 AM »

One more.
― Voltaire
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7   Go Up