Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Down

Author Topic: THE ENERGIZER BUNNY  (Read 8833 times)

Ginny

Re: THE ENERGIZER BUNNY
« Reply #150 on: June 23, 2012, 06:51:53 PM »

DR TCB, the food at Amber Rose very good.  Richard had Lithuanian, Rob had German, and Mary Linda and I had Polish.  My Mom had the fried shrimp - they were huge and there were a dozen on her plate.  She took about half of her dinner home, along with a box of 6 cabbage rolls that she's going to share with her friends.

Next time  I am in town, we will have to go to dinner there.

That would be fun!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #151 on: June 23, 2012, 07:04:10 PM »

A few DR's might find this interesting:

E-book readers slow to borrow from library
http://www.usatoday.com/tech/news/story/2012-06-22/ebook-library-study/55758366/1

Ginny

« Reply #152 on: June 23, 2012, 07:05:38 PM »

http://www.usatoday.com/tech/news/story/2012-06-22/ebook-library-study/55758366/1

Lots of tweeting about this from #ala12, DR Jane.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Jane

« Reply #153 on: June 23, 2012, 07:18:59 PM »

Any interesting comments that stand out?  I was surprised by this article.  The waiting list for some of the more popular books is very long.  Obviously people in Oregon are checking out eBooks.  The problem I find is that there are fewer & fewer new books available.

Jane

« Reply #154 on: June 23, 2012, 07:20:50 PM »

'night

ChasSmith

« Reply #155 on: June 23, 2012, 07:41:37 PM »

Good evening.

Spent a delightful evening outside on the deck with friends, grilling rib eyes, corn on the cob, and enjoying various and sundry snacks and libations.  Not so many libations that I won't enjoy a good movie, but I don't know what it's to be yet.

The air was actually perfect and, strangely enough, there weren't many mosquitoes out.  Stranger still, not a single one of the ones that WERE out found me an attractive source of sustenance.  That's a rare event, and I decided to quit while I'm ahead.

Ginny

« Reply #156 on: June 23, 2012, 08:09:15 PM »

Early call for Lima tomorrow morning - 'night!

Matthew

• You there, why are you so late?
« Reply #157 on: June 23, 2012, 09:01:01 PM »

OMIGOD you guys.  If Legally Blonde didn't have a male ensemble, we'd be in good shape.  The major percentage of no-shows today were men.  So, now it's time to call.  I hate calling, and I don't beg... I just present the facts.  But I hate it nonetheless. 

Will you be calling the no-shows?

Absolutely not.  They missed their window.  We may consider if they call and tell us some sob story as to why they could not make their time, but if they don't bother, neither do we.

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #158 on: June 23, 2012, 10:10:53 PM »

"Love bursts out of me and flies like a bird in a sunflower field."

I remembered that lyric from "The Grass Harp" after I spotted this field in the Hill Country today. I turned around and went back, even though stopping made me late for my appointment.

“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #159 on: June 23, 2012, 10:11:58 PM »

The newest member of the family.  It's a boy!  No name yet.

Welcome to the world, Baby Boy!  Congratulations to Sam and fabulous Aunt Cillaliz!

How beautiful. Congratulations.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #160 on: June 23, 2012, 10:18:06 PM »

Night, all.
― Voltaire

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #161 on: June 23, 2012, 10:45:38 PM »

torrential rainfall yesterday - basement flooded  e & T ness tocontinue until the mess is resolved

~~~Dry Basement Vibes for Vixmom and Family!!~~~
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #162 on: June 23, 2012, 11:22:33 PM »

The foot rub adventure was fascinating.  I had a nice Asian lady.  But it's not just a foot rub - she began doing a little facial massage, then a little scalp massage, both very relaxing.  Then she did a little work on the arms.  Then she went to the feet, which had been soaking in warm water.  She spent the majority of the hour on the feet, which was fantastic.  Then in the last ten minutes or so she had me turn over and she did a little on the back - so it's really like getting a long foot rub with a mini-massage.  An excellent use of thirty dollars and I'll definitely go back.

George

« Reply #163 on: June 24, 2012, 12:03:52 AM »

OMIGOD --- I just became a Hero Member.

Congrats, ChasSmith! 
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #164 on: June 24, 2012, 12:04:20 AM »

The newest member of the family.  It's a boy!  No name yet.

Congrats, Cilla!  And congrats to Sam and Don!

;)

George

« Reply #165 on: June 24, 2012, 12:07:48 AM »

Interesting.  I e-mailed it to my work and will see if anyone else has heard/read about this.  They certainly have stats on usage, but I don't know what their expectations are.

George

« Reply #166 on: June 24, 2012, 12:07:58 AM »

"Love bursts out of me and flies like a bird in a sunflower field."

I remembered that lyric from "The Grass Harp" after I spotted this field in the Hill Country today. I turned around and went back, even though stopping made me late for my appointment.

That's a great picture, John!
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Up