Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8   Go Down

Author Topic: IN THE ZONE  (Read 12547 times)

Jennifer

Re: IN THE ZONE
« Reply #180 on: June 24, 2012, 05:25:28 PM »

I like days like this.  Yesterday, from the gym above, I looked down and was amazed the lanes were almost empty.  I saw two young girls sharing the lane.  The younger of the two kept stopping while the older one checked on her and waited.  Was your niece able to swim the entire lane without resting?  If so, I'm impressed.

Your sister needs to swim with you more often ;)

Yes my niece is only 6 but she can swim the whole lane without stopping. She isn't really tall enough to stop (one half of the lane is a bit too deep for her). In fact she swam two laps only stopping for a minute or less in between.

Jennifer

« Reply #181 on: June 24, 2012, 05:26:30 PM »

Last I heard, little no name still has no name. I haven't tried to call Sam today.  I got so tired of my brother running interference, I decided to just wait a few days. 

Why isn't she answering her own calls? I get why you are annoyed. Let Sam tell you if she is too tired to talk.

Jennifer

« Reply #182 on: June 24, 2012, 05:27:37 PM »

I  guess it has been a lot of years since I have gone to a public pool.

Here every neighborhood has outdoor pools open in the summer. They are really great for kids. They get swimming lessons included 4 days a week.

Every neighborhood!  :)

Actually surprisingly yes.  Where i live there are a lot of suburbs. And there are outdoor pools every where.

Ginny

« Reply #183 on: June 24, 2012, 05:33:39 PM »

Sunday evening greetings!  We had an uneventful trip to Lima and back and I took a long nap when we got home.  I've now read both Sunday papers and set up a dinner visit from DN Lauren for tomorrow.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #184 on: June 24, 2012, 05:33:52 PM »

I like days like this.  Yesterday, from the gym above, I looked down and was amazed the lanes were almost empty.  I saw two young girls sharing the lane.  The younger of the two kept stopping while the older one checked on her and waited.  Was your niece able to swim the entire lane without resting?  If so, I'm impressed.

Yes my niece is only 6 but she can swim the whole lane without stopping. She isn't really tall enough to stop (one half of the lane is a bit too deep for her). In fact she swam two laps only stopping for a minute or less in between.

Good for her!  Half of our lanes are on the shallow end of the pool. 

Jane

« Reply #185 on: June 24, 2012, 05:38:22 PM »

Sunday evening greetings!  We had an uneventful trip to Lima and back and I took a long nap when we got home.  I've now read both Sunday papers and set up a dinner visit from DN Lauren for tomorrow.

Uneventful, the best kind.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #186 on: June 24, 2012, 05:39:12 PM »

Congrats to DR CILLA LIZ on her bargain commode!
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jennifer

« Reply #187 on: June 24, 2012, 05:40:22 PM »

At the indoor pool the lanes are similar to the one today. They are shallower on one end and they all go to a deeper end. But not too deep. Most adults could still stand.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #188 on: June 24, 2012, 05:41:10 PM »

DR TCB - if you have only used a PC, then adjusting to an Apple will take some time......sometimes it seems like you have to do things backwards.....but if you have a little computer savvy - it shouldn't take long to get the hang of it.

Some of your program disks may not work on the MAC......but I think your hardware should be okay.

It's a challenge - but it is not impossible, even for people on Social Security - like us.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #189 on: June 24, 2012, 05:41:58 PM »

I hope you will be able to sleep tonight!
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

Danise

« Reply #190 on: June 24, 2012, 05:43:07 PM »

Hi all.  Well we dodged a bullet.  They spotted a tornado that was headed for Seffner so I grabbed the dogs and we've been sitting in the hall for the last half hour.  I guess it must have dissipated because nothing happened.  Whew!
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #191 on: June 24, 2012, 05:44:27 PM »

DR TCB - if you have only used a PC, then adjusting to an Apple will take some time......sometimes it seems like you have to do things backwards.....but if you have a little computer savvy - it shouldn't take long to get the hang of it.

Some of your program disks may not work on the MAC......but I think your hardware should be okay.

It's a challenge - but it is not impossible, even for people on Social Security - like us.

Thanks, FOP (Fellow Old Person) Jrand, I was afraid no one was going to answer my question.
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #192 on: June 24, 2012, 05:45:03 PM »

Hi all.  Well we dodged a bullet.  They spotted a tornado that was headed for Seffner so I grabbed the dogs and we've been sitting in the hall for the last half hour.  I guess it must have dissipated because nothing happened.  Whew!

That is a blessing.
“One thing’s universal,

Danise

« Reply #193 on: June 24, 2012, 05:46:09 PM »

Congrats, DR TCB--do I understand that you are moving to the "Dark Side" and getting an Apple?  I know that once I tried a Mac, I'll never go back to a PC. :)
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Ginny

« Reply #194 on: June 24, 2012, 05:48:06 PM »

Don't think that will be a problem, DR TCB...
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Danise

« Reply #195 on: June 24, 2012, 05:49:01 PM »

I guess it's going to be a long night.  They said that we will have more of this all day tomorrow as well.  Maybe I won't have to go to work.

I'll be sleeping in shorts and a T shirt and with my contacts in tonight as a just in case.
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Ginny

« Reply #196 on: June 24, 2012, 05:49:12 PM »

Yikes, DR Danise!  Do you have warning sirens in your area?  Glad thing seem to have calmed down - stay safe!

Danise

« Reply #197 on: June 24, 2012, 05:54:33 PM »

Yikes, DR Danise!  Do you have warning sirens in your area?  Glad thing seem to have calmed down - stay safe!
  We don't have anything except the TV (if you have power) or the radio, DR Ginny.  I've got both and my radio is one of the crank kind that if the batteries run out, I can still listen.

I also bought a small battery powered TV that picks up the new digital signals.   I knew it seemed like a silly purchase at the time but Walmart had them at Christmas for for around $75 so I bought one and put it in the closet for times like these.
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Jane

« Reply #198 on: June 24, 2012, 05:55:04 PM »

ke

At the indoor pool the lanes are similar to the one today. They are shallower on one end and they all go to a deeper end. But not too deep. Most adults could still stand.

I can get half way through our pool and still stand.  I know this because for the first half year of swimming I had to stand to catch my breath.  I then progressed to switching to different strokes where it was easier to breathe and not embarrass myself by standing.  I am soooo happy to now be able to do the crawl stroke, while turning my head to breathe, and make it all the way across the lane.

Jane

« Reply #199 on: June 24, 2012, 05:55:34 PM »

Good to hear!!!  :)

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #200 on: June 24, 2012, 05:56:21 PM »

Congrats, DR TCB--do I understand that you are moving to the "Dark Side" and getting an Apple?  I know that once I tried a Mac, I'll never go back to a PC. :)

I am considering it.
“One thing’s universal,

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #201 on: June 24, 2012, 05:57:58 PM »

Great news. And I hope Debby doesn't find her way anywhere near you.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

Jane

« Reply #202 on: June 24, 2012, 05:58:14 PM »

We don't have anything except the TV (if you have power) or the radio, DR Ginny.  I've got both and my radio is one of the crank kind that if the batteries run out, I can still listen.

I also bought a small battery powered TV that picks up the new digital signals.   I knew it seemed like a silly purchase at the time but Walmart had them at Christmas for for around $75 so I bought one and put it in the closet for times like these.

No tornado sirens!!!   :o 

Will your eyes bother you if you sleep with your contacts in?

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #203 on: June 24, 2012, 06:02:38 PM »

That is what I thought last night, but after turning off the light, rolling over, and saying good night to Nicky; I heard the softvoice of Jane saying, "I hope you will be able to sleep tonight after that long nap."
“One thing’s universal,

Danise

« Reply #204 on: June 24, 2012, 06:03:34 PM »

Thanks all.  I guess I could use some Debby Go Away vibes right now.  :)

My contacts are the type that you are allowed to sleep in for 30 days.  I just treat them like daily wear because I think that's silly but it comes in handy when this type of thing happens or if your sick and want to sleep on and off. 

I put a bottle of drops by the bed in case they get dry.

My major concern is if we lose power, I won't have my CPAP machine and that means I'm going to have a horrible night.   My machine's time is up this summer so when I get the replacement, I'm going to talk with the doctor and ask if I can get one of the new ones with a battery back up, even if I have to pay for that part of it.
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Jane

« Reply #205 on: June 24, 2012, 06:04:52 PM »

That is what I thought last night, but after turning off the light, rolling over, and saying good night to Nicky; I heard the softvoice of Jane saying, "I hope you will be able to sleep tonight after that long nap."

LOL-I hope I didn't jinx you.

Jane

« Reply #206 on: June 24, 2012, 06:06:59 PM »

Thanks all.  I guess I could use some Debby Go Away vibes right now.  :)

My contacts are the type that you are allowed to sleep in for 30 days.  I just treat them like daily wear because I think that's silly but it comes in handy when this type of thing happens or if your sick and want to sleep on and off. 

I put a bottle of drops by the bed in case they get dry.

My major concern is if we lose power, I won't have my CPAP machine and that means I'm going to have a horrible night.   My machine's time is up this summer so when I get the replacement, I'm going to talk with the doctor and ask if I can get one of the new ones with a battery back up, even if I have to pay for that part of it.

Drops are a good idea.  Actually not wearing them at night is also a good idea and I have been told this by various eye doctors.

A back up battery is a great idea for the CRAP machine.  Insurance might cover one since your condition is very serious.

Jane

« Reply #207 on: June 24, 2012, 06:08:26 PM »

DEBBY STAY AWAY VIBES FOR DR DANISE!!!!

VIBES DEBBY DOESN'T DO ANY DAMAGE TO THOSE SHE DOES SAY HELLO TO!!

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #208 on: June 24, 2012, 06:13:30 PM »

LOL-I hope I didn't jinx you.

It was just weird, because I had completely forgotten you had said that.  But it only delayed my sleep for about ten minutes.
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #209 on: June 24, 2012, 06:23:53 PM »

~~~~~~~~~~~~~Safety vibes for DR Danise!~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
« Last Edit: June 24, 2012, 06:25:46 PM by TCB »
“One thing’s universal,
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8   Go Up