Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: CONTRAST BOOSTING  (Read 9129 times)

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
Re: CONTRAST BOOSTING
« Reply #60 on: June 25, 2012, 11:51:11 AM »

DR TCB, I understand there is a British magazine ATTITUDE which has this month both a cover and centerspread of Cheyenne Jackson, and you might want to look for a copy.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #61 on: June 25, 2012, 11:51:44 AM »

"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Druxy

• druxmanworks.com
« Reply #62 on: June 25, 2012, 11:53:04 AM »

I just finished formatting (and uploading) two stage plays for CreateSpace.  Both are comedies. 

Now, I am awaiting the proofs.

One play has 2 characters and the other has 7.

As you can see, I have graduated from the one-person play.

::)
You can dream…or you can do.

ChasSmith

« Reply #63 on: June 25, 2012, 11:53:46 AM »

Sorry about the job frustration, FJL. I know how difficult that can be.

Yeah.  I'm glad I didn't hang out with Elena Kagan in law school.   I can imagine the phone call from my mom now.  Mrs. Kagan says her daughter just got appointed to the U.S.  Supreme Court, what can I tell her you're up to these days?   

Would she proclaim "My Son, the Poster!" with pride?

ChasSmith

« Reply #64 on: June 25, 2012, 12:20:29 PM »

Someone please do post the info on Wacky Noodles.  That reference flew right over my head.

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #65 on: June 25, 2012, 12:34:58 PM »

"Downtown Abbey" fans: Here's a short but amusing clip of an upcoming encounter between  Shirley MacLaine and Maggie Smith:

http://tvline.com/2012/06/25/downton-abbey-season-3-shirley-maclaine-maggie-smith/
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #66 on: June 25, 2012, 12:59:53 PM »

And here is the new Kritzerland release.  You can order on the site at six in the morning, but if you want to order prior to that, you know the drill - 23.73 (includes shipping) via paypal to kritzerland at adelphia dot net.

Kritzerland is pleased to present a new limited edition soundtrack CD – two great scores, one a world-premiere release, on one jam-packed CD:

THE WAYWARD BUS

and

THE ENEMY BELOW

Music Composed by Leigh Harline  Conducted by Lionel Newman

<SNIP>

CD ordered!
« Last Edit: June 25, 2012, 01:03:59 PM by George »
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

ChasSmith

« Reply #67 on: June 25, 2012, 01:01:53 PM »

Really dark again, with yet another narrow but very intense line of LOUD thunderstorms.

George

« Reply #68 on: June 25, 2012, 01:01:58 PM »

Today I got to work at about 8:50 or so...I had to take part in a training session.  Now, it's lunch time. :)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #69 on: June 25, 2012, 01:19:03 PM »

I would love to see a thunderstorm!  Thus far this summer, the severe ones to hit my area seem to occur in the middle of the night when I'm not in the mood to observe them.

We rarely get thunder, let alone a thunder storm, in this part of the country (that's Washington state, for those who didn't know).

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #70 on: June 25, 2012, 01:28:05 PM »

Back from a blissful 90 minute Reiki massage.  The masseuse had the most intensely WARM hands.
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #71 on: June 25, 2012, 01:33:15 PM »

DR FJL of course you are an intellectual.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #72 on: June 25, 2012, 01:38:42 PM »

Received a very sweet email from an outreach admin at Scholastic, as they are preparing a 90th anniversary commemoration of writing award winners and wanted info on Frances.  When I told her I had also won a Scholastic Award in high school, she looked me up and provided me with long forgotten information.  :)
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #73 on: June 25, 2012, 01:50:29 PM »

Received a very sweet email from an outreach admin at Scholastic, as they are preparing a 90th anniversary commemoration of writing award winners and wanted info on Frances.  When I told her I had also won a Scholastic Award in high school, she looked me up and provided me with long forgotten information.  :)
That's nice.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

Ginny

« Reply #74 on: June 25, 2012, 02:47:54 PM »

Caregiver frustration begone vibes for DR GINNY

Thanks, DR JRand!  Once the doctor's office finally called in ALL of Mom's prescriptions to the pharmacy and they were ready at 2:30pm, I was able to pick them up, deliver them to Mom, and go over them with her.  From there I went to the Y and walked and NuStepped off my frustration.  We've only been trying to get these meds since Friday...

I'm home now, showered, and waiting for Lauren to arrive and Richard to get home from the Y.  When we're all here, we'll order pizza for dinner.  My intention was to cook something, but waiting around until mid-afternoon meant that was not going to happen.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #75 on: June 25, 2012, 03:10:10 PM »

DR jane, that is great that you can now swim across the pool without stopping. But you shouldn't have felt embarrassed before. As long as you weren't in the fast lane slowing people down then everyone should go at their own pace.

Since we don't have a fast lane slow swimmers can slow other's down.  I am by far not the slowest one out there.  I think the fast swimmers can be annoying when they practically run over a slower swimmer.  I try to pace myself as not to catch up to anyone in front of me.  I also wait at the edge for a faster swimmer to pass me. 

Sometimes I like to take a break at the edge and use the time to kick and strengthen my legs.   Because of how I swim using my shoulders I don't kick as hard as I used to.

Really embarrassing was stopping in the middle of the pool and standing, which the rules say not to do.

Jane

« Reply #76 on: June 25, 2012, 03:11:42 PM »

I can't believe how fast the weather can change. It was so hot last week. Record temps. And so nice and sunny. And now the next 3 days are supposed to be so cool and rainy. And then thurs-sun are supposed to be hot and sunny again.  It's not so much the rain i find odd. It's how cool it is supposed to get. To go from 40C to 16C that is crazy (100+F = 60F).

We didn't get as hot but we did get colder.  Reading all the bad weather everyone is having I suppose I shouldn't complain about 60 degrees since it isn't raining.  We are way below the average temps without breaking any records.

Jane

« Reply #77 on: June 25, 2012, 03:15:23 PM »

Woken up at four in the morning by DC Daisy making revolting noises in vomiting up hairballs again. So I had to change all the bedding, after which I was wide awake of course so I watched "Last Year in Marienbad" again to see if I could figure it out. When it finished I felt as if I had been sleeping anyway because the whole film is like a dream.

Keep reminding my I shouldn't get a cat again.  I have enough problems sleeping at night with distractions from pets. 

Saturday night when Keith fell asleep I was reading in bed.  When he woke up Sunday morning I was reading.  He asked if I had slept at all.  I was pleased to say I hadn't read all that long before falling asleep, which could have been why I was reading so early.

Jane

« Reply #78 on: June 25, 2012, 03:26:08 PM »

I was in a panic this morning because I thought I'd lost my phone. I was using it in the coffee shop but when I got back home it was missing from my pocket. Using another phone, it was obviously ringing out but there was no answer. I went back to the coffee shop but it wasn't there and no one had handed it in. I'd already looked for it in the car but I used my other phone inside the car and rang the number and sure enough, heard it ringing. It must have fallen out of my pocket and somehow got lodged under the passenger seat.

That is one reason why I like to keep my phone charged, so I can call it.  Since you weren't around when I had Echo, our first Bernese Mountain Dog, I must tell you the story of Echo and my lost phone.

We were hiking in the fields when I noticed I had dropped my phone.  Aside from having very little clue as to where I had dropped it the battery was about gone.  Knowing I could never get home in time to get Keith's phone and walk back to call my phone, I turned to Echo and said "Pick Up!".  She looked at me and began sniffing.  I went back the way I thought I had come searching the ground while she went off in a slightly different direction.  Between 8 & 10 minutes later she obviously looked interested in something.  And then her head came up off the ground with my phone in her mouth.  Needless to say my reaction made her one happy dog.  I'm surprised they didn't hear me screaming miles away.  I then called Keith who yelled  "good girl" multiple times, once again exciting her. 

Jane

« Reply #79 on: June 25, 2012, 03:33:33 PM »

When I told her I had also won a Scholastic Award in high school, she looked me up and provided me with long forgotten information.  :)

:)

Jane

« Reply #80 on: June 25, 2012, 03:34:51 PM »

Between the doctor's office and the pharmacy, I'm experiencing a great deal of caregiver frustration today...

Understandable.  Good thing you could work it off at the Y.

Jane

« Reply #81 on: June 25, 2012, 03:35:50 PM »

Does writing on HHW count as being a public intellectual?

Sure.

Jane

« Reply #82 on: June 25, 2012, 03:38:11 PM »

Not terribly insightful interview with Jack Jones. Still, his approach to developing his new cabaret show is very much in keeping with BK's notes today:

http://broadwaystars.com/michael-portantiere/2012/06/jack-jones-upholding-standards.shtml

I agree with his statements regarding LOLLIPOPS & ROSES and WIVES SHOULD ALWAYS BE LOVERS which I still enjoy listening to.

Jane

« Reply #83 on: June 25, 2012, 03:41:39 PM »

"Downtown Abbey" fans: Here's a short but amusing clip of an upcoming encounter between  Shirley MacLaine and Maggie Smith:

http://tvline.com/2012/06/25/downton-abbey-season-3-shirley-maclaine-maggie-smith/

I couldn't hear it very well but it looks like it should be fun.

Danise

« Reply #84 on: June 25, 2012, 03:50:54 PM »

Monday morning greetings!  Today I have to pick up some prescriptions for my Mother and deliver them to her, work out at the Y, and shop for tonight's dinner with DN Lauren.
  Aw the life of a retiree!   They say they don't know what they are going to do with themselves when they retire and when they do, you have to book an appointment to see them!  Thelma and Glenda are both the same way. :)
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

George

« Reply #85 on: June 25, 2012, 03:51:20 PM »

Well, this is interesting...if it actually happens:  With "Thin Man" Postponed, Into the Woods Film May Be Next Project for Rob Marshall.

As previously reported, Into the Woods book writer James Lapine is currently at work on the screenplay, which will likely feature some new songs by Stephen Sondheim. Disney is behind the project.

Danise

« Reply #86 on: June 25, 2012, 03:55:14 PM »

Did anybody watch the new reality show The Great Escape last night? I didn't finish watching it yet. But how completely bizarre. They have teams and they have to escape from Alcatraz?!?  I'll have to finish watching the episode to really understand. But i had no idea that this is what the show was going to be about.
  I watched "Falling Skies" which came on right before it so I saw maybe a minutes of it while I fumbled around looking for the remote to shut the TV off.  It did look interesting but I was tired.
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Jane

« Reply #87 on: June 25, 2012, 03:56:23 PM »

DR Danise we have also been watching FALLING SKIES.  We have last episode to watch tonight.

Danise

« Reply #88 on: June 25, 2012, 03:58:05 PM »

I was in a panic this morning because I thought I'd lost my phone. I was using it in the coffee shop but when I got back home it was missing from my pocket. Using another phone, it was obviously ringing out but there was no answer. I went back to the coffee shop but it wasn't there and no one had handed it in. I'd already looked for it in the car but I used my other phone inside the car and rang the number and sure enough, heard it ringing. It must have fallen out of my pocket and somehow got lodged under the passenger seat.
  I do that all the time.  Only thing is that it isn't just the cell phone.  It's keys, and debit cards (which are usually in the last pair of pants I wore), etc, etc.
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Danise

« Reply #89 on: June 25, 2012, 03:59:53 PM »

DR Danise we have also been watching FALLING SKIES.  We have last episode to watch tonight.
I really like it.  It's better than all the "reality" shows on tv now. 

Lord how I miss Babylon 5.  It breaks my heart to think that 3 of that cast are now gone.
Touch Magic, Pass it on!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Up