Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7   Go Down

Author Topic: SYMPHONY OF NOISE  (Read 11593 times)

TCB

• Because I can!
Re: SYMPHONY OF NOISE
« Reply #30 on: July 08, 2012, 07:41:12 AM »

Page 2!
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #31 on: July 08, 2012, 07:42:05 AM »

Good morning, all.

Vibes for Cillaliz and all.

Vibes the BFR stays far from you, Ben. I hate those critters. They can be too mean and stubborn if they want something.

I would gladly take on a whole family of racoons, rather than face down one nasty filthy possum!
“One thing’s universal,

Danise

« Reply #32 on: July 08, 2012, 07:45:57 AM »

Morning all!   I slept in late today but feel wonderful right now.

So they have BFR's (Big Frikkin' Racoons) up north and we have BHS (Big Honking Spiders) here in the south.  What a world!

I wish I could have gone to the Vix Family party.  My mouth was watering when I read about the steaks and the mushrooms.

Hope you are feeling better, DR TCB.

Travel Vibes to DR Mike!

Super vibes to Cilliz and family!!!!!  Yikes that will be one trip for memory books.

Glad that DR Jane and DH Keith are home, safe and sound!
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #33 on: July 08, 2012, 07:47:42 AM »

I wonder if the tables in LA restaurants are closer than they are here. Not that I eat out that often, but I am never close enough to another table to be able to hear what others are saying!

Yes they are, because your tables are spaced by the metric system.

;)
“One thing’s universal,

Danise

« Reply #34 on: July 08, 2012, 07:49:37 AM »

Good morning, all.

Vibes the BFR stays far from you, Ben. I hate those critters. They can be too mean and stubborn if they want something.

I would gladly take on a whole family of racoons, rather than face down one nasty filthy possum!
  That's O possum to you, sir.  I happen to like them.  They're so ugly they are cute.  And they don't carry rabies like raccoons do.  I've been able to pet more than my share here around the house and had their little rat tail curl around my finger.  So sweet.
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Danise

« Reply #35 on: July 08, 2012, 07:52:05 AM »

Ya know, I thought I've been typing wrong words and I just discovered that somehow I must have turned on an auto spell check something that is correcting what it thinks are wrong words and putting what it thinks the word should be. 
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Doug R

« Reply #36 on: July 08, 2012, 08:00:37 AM »

I've been watching the first two episodes of THE HOLLOW CROWN on BBC TV which is a brilliantly made new filmed series of Shakespeare's plays; Richard II, Henry IV parts I & 2 and Henry V. It's obviously an expensively made series which was largely funded by NBC. Much of Richard II was filmed on location at Pembroke Castle which I visited recently. I don't know when it will be shown in the US but it's worth looking out for.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2012, 08:04:31 AM by Doug R »

Danise

« Reply #37 on: July 08, 2012, 08:02:23 AM »

Did anyone here see this about the malware that should strike tomorrow?

http://www.baynews9.com/content/news/baynews9/news/article.html/content/news/articles/bn9/2012/7/5/malware_may_knock_th.html

I just ran the test and it said my computer is clean.
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #38 on: July 08, 2012, 08:04:25 AM »

Yesterday I piddled and twiddled with a few CDs, finishing up some listening I'd been doing on my little road trip the other day, and then where did my hankerings take me but to HELLO DOLLY which I hadn't visited or even revisited in quite some time.  I went directly to a nice fresh listen to the 1994 revival which now takes on all new meaning after hearing and reading the story of its creation.  I appreciate the recording now more than ever, and a nice fresh thanks must go out to MR BK for the effort that must've nearly kilt him. 

Now to backtrack to the original cast for a couple of things.  I so clearly remember wearing out that first LP back in the day.  That copy, may it rest in peace, is long gone.  Its replacement (still the original gatefold LP, early pressing, etc.) is in excellent shape, but what I listen to now, since I don't have it on CD, is the reel to reel tape which is a bit kinder than that Dynagroove LP.  (I only have about 100 tapes, but I love them dearly.)  Then, on to Mary Martin and Pearl Bailey, both also on RCA Dynagroove LP.  Haven't spun these in many years, so they need a good cleaning on the machine, and new sleeves.  They should be in fine shape, but we'll see.  I think Pearl was issued on CD, but not Mary.  Or is it the other way around?

Possibly because it was the first show I saw on Broadway, but I still have such wonderful memories of Pearl Bailey, Cab Calloway, and the All Black Cast (their billing, not mine) in HELLO, DOLLY! at the St. James Theatre.  First Broadway theatre, first Boradway musical, first Broadway expeience.  What a way to start!
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #39 on: July 08, 2012, 08:05:41 AM »

good morn to all.

Today is a traveling day. Leaving my native country to go to my adopted country. Looking forward to the return

Travel vibes to DR Mike!
“One thing’s universal,

FJL

« Reply #40 on: July 08, 2012, 08:06:33 AM »

Vibes to cilla's family

FJL

« Reply #41 on: July 08, 2012, 08:07:41 AM »

Travel vibes to Mike!!!

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #42 on: July 08, 2012, 08:08:55 AM »

Did anyone here see this about the malware that should strike tomorrow?

http://www.baynews9.com/content/news/baynews9/news/article.html/content/news/articles/bn9/2012/7/5/malware_may_knock_th.html

I just ran the test and it said my computer is clean.

My computer is clean as well.
“One thing’s universal,

FJL

« Reply #43 on: July 08, 2012, 08:08:59 AM »

Likewise here about overheard conversations.   I so rarely hear what's being said at other tables.

FJL

« Reply #44 on: July 08, 2012, 08:10:41 AM »

I've failed to catch up this weekend.  Does that make it a lie or an unfulfilled promise, or both, if I had truly intended to catch up but just somehow didn't?

ChasSmith

« Reply #45 on: July 08, 2012, 08:18:01 AM »

Yesterday I piddled and twiddled with a few CDs, finishing up some listening I'd been doing on my little road trip the other day, and then where did my hankerings take me but to HELLO DOLLY which I hadn't visited or even revisited in quite some time.  I went directly to a nice fresh listen to the 1994 revival which now takes on all new meaning after hearing and reading the story of its creation.  I appreciate the recording now more than ever, and a nice fresh thanks must go out to MR BK for the effort that must've nearly kilt him. 

Now to backtrack to the original cast for a couple of things.  I so clearly remember wearing out that first LP back in the day.  That copy, may it rest in peace, is long gone.  Its replacement (still the original gatefold LP, early pressing, etc.) is in excellent shape, but what I listen to now, since I don't have it on CD, is the reel to reel tape which is a bit kinder than that Dynagroove LP.  (I only have about 100 tapes, but I love them dearly.)  Then, on to Mary Martin and Pearl Bailey, both also on RCA Dynagroove LP.  Haven't spun these in many years, so they need a good cleaning on the machine, and new sleeves.  They should be in fine shape, but we'll see.  I think Pearl was issued on CD, but not Mary.  Or is it the other way around?

Possibly because it was the first show I saw on Broadway, but I still have such wonderful memories of Pearl Bailey, Cab Calloway, and the All Black Cast (their billing, not mine) in HELLO, DOLLY! at the St. James Theatre.  First Broadway theatre, first Boradway musical, first Broadway expeience.  What a way to start!

My first Broadway experience, too, but it was Ginger Rogers.  My family was in NYC for all of one evening, and it was unanimous that that's the show we should see.  I later saw Channing in it on tour, in Miami.

My dad was in NYC for one day back when Preston and Cook were still in THE MUSIC MAN, and he still talks about seeing that from standing room.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #46 on: July 08, 2012, 08:19:05 AM »

Yes, vibes for a cool A/C continuation of vacation for DR CILLA LIZ.....one bruised face, one lost fingernail, one broken arm.....sounds more like Mixed Martial Arts event than a family visit.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #47 on: July 08, 2012, 08:19:37 AM »

My first Broadway experience, too, but it was Ginger Rogers.  My family was in NYC for all of one evening, and it was unanimous that that's the show we should see.  I later saw Channing in it on tour, in Miami.

My dad was in NYC for one day back when Preston and Cook were still in THE MUSIC MAN, and he still talks about seeing that from standing room.

You were lucky Miss Rogers was IN that night.

ChasSmith

« Reply #48 on: July 08, 2012, 08:21:05 AM »

No kidding?  That's good, then, because I just checked and I still have the program with her autograph!

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #49 on: July 08, 2012, 08:32:32 AM »

I also have fond memories of seeing Danny LaRue star in HELLO, DOLLY! in London back in 1984.  Apparently the production was despised by the critics, but I thought he was pretty damn good in the role.
“One thing’s universal,

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #50 on: July 08, 2012, 08:35:31 AM »

HELLO. DOLLY! with Ginger Rogers was also my first Broadway show, December 27th or 28th, 1966.

I had seen Mary Martin in the national tour in Cincinnati, but Christmas week, 1966, was my first tripto Manhattan, and I wanted my brother Tom, who came with me, to see it.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #51 on: July 08, 2012, 08:48:03 AM »

So those are the two nights she showed up!

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #52 on: July 08, 2012, 09:03:29 AM »

Good morning, all.

But our greasy marsupial friends make such a delicious stew. I ain't et no raccoon yet.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #53 on: July 08, 2012, 09:05:57 AM »

The Mary Martin Dolly has been released on CD. On ArkivMusic, which, as BK, has mentioned in the past, can be problematic in terms of sound.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

Danise

« Reply #54 on: July 08, 2012, 09:13:01 AM »

I wonder at you guys great memories.  I don't have a clew as to which show I've seen when.  I just remember seeing them but not the year or the order.
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

John G.

« Reply #55 on: July 08, 2012, 10:08:38 AM »

I wonder at you guys great memories.  I don't have a clew as to which show I've seen when.  I just remember seeing them but not the year or the order.
Did you see "Oy! The Musical!" with Michael Ball?  ;D
― Voltaire

Danise

« Reply #56 on: July 08, 2012, 11:12:01 AM »

Did you see "Oy! The Musical!" with Michael Ball?  ;D
  I'm still looking for that show.  It's on DR Elmores VCR and he won't share!   :)  Maybe BK could do the soundtrack. 
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #57 on: July 08, 2012, 12:09:29 PM »

Health and recovery vibes to DR Cilla and family
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #58 on: July 08, 2012, 12:10:33 PM »

Are we at war?  Have the UFOs landed.  Has everyone's computer crashed?
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #59 on: July 08, 2012, 12:11:20 PM »

CAR 54, WHERE ARE YOU?
“One thing’s universal,
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7   Go Up