Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]   Go Down

Author Topic: GOOD SATURDAY  (Read 11801 times)

vixmom

• Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty
Re: GOOD SATURDAY
« Reply #180 on: July 15, 2012, 10:06:59 PM »

Every spare minute will proabbly be used for the same  - so please forgive me  if  I ma not round and about - you ar eall in my thoughts and prayers
Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty

It’s weird being the same age as old people

vixmom

« Reply #181 on: July 15, 2012, 10:10:28 PM »

Ginny 0  I keep meaning tro tell you  Norwich is where Vixdad's Dad's family lived for generations - they moved during WWII when Vixdad's Dad's Dad was given a choice of joining the army or being a bus driver in Coventry  ( they were considered equally hazardous occupations) -  he chose to move the family to Coventry and drive the bus

vixmom

« Reply #182 on: July 15, 2012, 10:11:36 PM »

well it is tomorrow and I have to be up in less than 5 hours so -

good night

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #183 on: July 15, 2012, 10:15:44 PM »

Had an e-mail response from you-know-who.  He did not recognize me, apparently - he knew I was there but was confused because it was such a big group.  He was waiting for someone to call him Steve so he'd know.  He apologized, so all is well.

FJL

« Reply #184 on: July 15, 2012, 10:20:42 PM »

So he did think you were one of the donor types when he saw you?
« Last Edit: July 15, 2012, 10:23:09 PM by FJL »

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #185 on: July 15, 2012, 10:28:18 PM »

George said he was leaving, but he is still lsited as being here.  John said nothing, but he has left the room.  And the 2 Guests have merged into 1.

I never log out...I just close my browser and turn off my computer.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #186 on: July 15, 2012, 10:28:29 PM »

In case I missed an early post

My Fair Lady in concert at Albert Hall. (Using the film orchestration)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b01kt5b2/BBC_Proms_2012_Season_Prom_02_My_Fair_Lady_Part_1/

Thanks for posting this!  I wonder why it says "Part_1" when it seems to be the whole thing.  Anyway, it's great!

How's Annalene as Liza? She's recording DEAREST ENEMY!

I haven't listened to much of it yet, but I was able to download it and convert it to a single four-hour MP3. :-\ The sound quality is pretty darned good, though...from the little bit that I checked.

I would have no idea what to do with an MP3.

You can play it on your computer, or someone who is more technically advanced than I am, can break it up into tracks and put them on regular CDs. 

Ahhh.  But can't I listen to it on my computer now?

Yes, you may, if that was a serious question. Just click on the white icon on the left side of the image of Albert Hall and it will load and play just like any other program on the iPlayer.

That is what I thought.  That is why I didn't know why I wanted to make it an MP3.

I had to make it an MP3 so that I could keep it and play it at work. :)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #187 on: July 15, 2012, 10:28:37 PM »

Tom said,

That is what I thought.  That is why I didn't know why I wanted to make it an MP3.

I think George downloaded it and made an mp3 out of it so that so he could save it to his computer and listen to it any time he wants to. It will only be on the iPlayer until until 8:22PM on Sat, 21 Jul 2012 although the program will be repeated on Tuesday 17th July at 2pm (London time) and that will be on the iPlayer for another week.

What Ben said. :D

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #188 on: July 15, 2012, 10:57:20 PM »

Tack.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #189 on: July 15, 2012, 10:57:26 PM »

Bra.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #190 on: July 15, 2012, 10:57:33 PM »

Puss puss.

George

« Reply #191 on: July 15, 2012, 11:08:41 PM »

Tom said,

I think George downloaded it and made an mp3 out of it so that so he could save it to his computer and listen to it any time he wants to. It will only be on the iPlayer until until 8:22PM on Sat, 21 Jul 2012 although the program will be repeated on Tuesday 17th July at 2pm (London time) and that will be on the iPlayer for another week.

I wonder how one does what George did.  Is it complicated?

I don't have one program that does it all, so it's kind of complicated, but because I've been doing it so long, I know what I'm doing.  I also know that there are now easier ways to do all of this, but I don't want to learn something new...just yet. ;)

Anyway, several years ago, I bought Replay Media Catcher.  This is a flash video recorder/downloader that can also capture some audio tracks.  This actually captured the broadcast as a flash video file (.flv).  I then use YouTube Downloader (it's free) to convert the .flv file to an .mp3 file.

And it turns out that when I captured the first part, it actually got the whole thing...first act, intermission (interval) and second act, all together in one file.  So, I didn't need to get the other parts separately. :)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #192 on: July 15, 2012, 11:12:52 PM »

Listening to the first of tomorrow's two titles - FUN!  And SCARRRRRY!

George

« Reply #193 on: July 15, 2012, 11:37:29 PM »

I don't think I told you all that I think we won about the bus.  They might cut it down to one trip each way a day but that's better than nothing.

Congrats, Danise!

George

« Reply #194 on: July 15, 2012, 11:37:36 PM »

I need to go to Walmart to replenish my chocolate Twizzler supply.
That's where I get mine too.  The watermelon came from the dollar store.

Then you'd better buy out the stock...they probably won't have it for very long.

George

« Reply #195 on: July 15, 2012, 11:51:18 PM »

The broadcasts can be recorded as you listen to them if you have the appropriate software and depending on how you set up that software you can save the file as a wave or an mp3 file.

Or, as TCB mentioned, you can be very nice to Dear George and ask him for a copy either on CD or he can mail it to you as an mp3 file. He could put it on

SendSpace

or some other file transfer site since it will probably be a big file. You can then download from there and have a copy all to yourself.

I actually have a Sendspace account, but it's a free account, which can only save/send individual files up to 300 MB in size (the minimum per month cost is $8.99).  The "My Fair Lady" mp3 is 438 MB.  I could put the whole thing on a CD-ROM and send it to you.  It's one track, but it's the whole thing. :)
« Last Edit: July 15, 2012, 11:54:22 PM by George »

George

« Reply #196 on: July 15, 2012, 11:55:59 PM »

Okay, so how do we download that MY FAIR LADY audio?  I started listening and want to have it to go back to, and not on their schedule.

I cannot figure out what to do either, and I want to save it!

ChasSmith, I could send you a copy, also.

George

« Reply #197 on: July 16, 2012, 12:01:13 AM »

And speaking of sending things...I realized (and finally accepted) that I have lost my list of various movies that I was going to send to people, so if you wanted the Tony Awards, 1776, the 1929 Show Boat or the 1951 Show Boat, PLEASE let me know again and I'll MAKE SURE that I don't lose my list. :-\

AND if anyone else want these even if you didn't indicate that before, I'll be happy to send them to you, too.

Apologies for the brain fart. ::)
« Last Edit: July 16, 2012, 12:05:38 AM by George »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]   Go Up