Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7   Go Down

Author Topic: GOOD SATURDAY  (Read 12150 times)

Danise

Re: GOOD SATURDAY
« Reply #150 on: July 15, 2012, 05:14:05 PM »

Looking forward to "Falling Skies" tonight.  Looks like a good show.
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #151 on: July 15, 2012, 05:14:24 PM »

Page Six
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #152 on: July 15, 2012, 05:22:08 PM »

Finished the last Maria Wern, which should simply have been titles And Then There Were None, or Ten Little Indians, since that's exactly what it is with the exact same ending twist as the Christie book.  Well done, except for the truly idiotic behavior of the girls involved.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #153 on: July 15, 2012, 05:31:03 PM »

About to watch a Danish thriller - film, not TV.  And then I have to begin thinking about an unpleasant e-mail I will eventually have to write - figuring out when and figuring out how.  This has to do with the kid I worked with for the last year and a half and the completely odd behavior of her parents, which caused me to need a break from that amusement park ride.  I'm sure they've somehow, to their child at least, made me the bad guy, but I've done nothing but try to be helpful to both daughter and family and have given his child not only the gift of a great act, but seventeen shows in a row where I have given her material to challenge and grow.

Today, they did her act in Palm Springs.  According to the relentless Facebook posts of her mother, it played well.  But since I have not received an apology or an explanation for their behavior (which basically was trying to do a 180 on someone who's been very good to them - it was baffling, and people who know both parties, after having been read the series of e-mails, all felt that I was being treated weirdly, poorly, and not being told the truth), I'm afraid that they've taken their last visit to land that is the title of the show, at least in its present incarnation.  I control my writing, I control the title of the show, I control half the arrangements in the show, and I control the two songs of mine that she does - all of which I will not allow them to do.  I know we were talking about New York, but I'm not letting it be done there without my supervision, and I don't feel like supervising anything right now.  So, at some point soon, I'm going to have to write a very long e-mail, all thanks to off-putting behavior (at one point the mother said to me, "You're putting us on the defensive," to which I replied, "I'm putting YOU on the defensive?"  Hilarious.  So, I'm pondering exactly what the e-mail will say, and how best to phrase it while remaining completely calm.   

Danise

« Reply #154 on: July 15, 2012, 05:36:49 PM »

The only advise I can offer is to write it but don't send it.  Put it on the back burner for as long as you can and then take it out, reread it and go from there.
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #155 on: July 15, 2012, 05:37:52 PM »

I don't think I told you all that I think we won about the bus.  They might cut it down to one trip each way a day but that's better than nothing.

VIBES YOU ARE CORRECT!

VIBES THE TIMES ARE CONVENIENT!

Jane

« Reply #156 on: July 15, 2012, 05:38:36 PM »

I wanted to tell BK I think I may have found something as good or better than chocolate licorice.  Watermelon licorice!

Does it have little black licorice seeds?

This cracked me up. :)

Jane

« Reply #157 on: July 15, 2012, 05:38:56 PM »

I'm here. 

Hello, Danise!
  Hi TCB!

Have you heard anymore from Angie?  From Anderson?  He said on his program that they would follow up to make sure thiings happened.  I wonder when they planned on following up?
  The AC company said they found a replacement part for my AC and will be here on Friday to fix that. 

Good news!

Jane

« Reply #158 on: July 15, 2012, 05:39:50 PM »

Looking forward to "Falling Skies" tonight.  Looks like a good show.

We have a movie for tonight, SAFE HOUSE.  We will watch FS tomorrow night.

Ben

« Reply #159 on: July 15, 2012, 06:04:33 PM »

The My Fair Lady broadcasts cannot be "downloaded".  I'm not sure what George meant when he said he downloaded the program. Also, it seems to me after looking at the BBC3 schedule that the program is, indeed, in two parts. If you look at the schedule (scroll down to 7pm)

BBC3 Schedule Saturday July 14

You will see a program at 7pm which says

BBC Proms - 2012 Season :
Prom 02 - My Fair Lady - Part 1

At 8:40pm you will see another listing which says

BBC Proms - 2012 Season :
Prom 02 - My Fair Lady - Part 2

So George may only have Part 1 even though he said it sounds complete. George go to the end of Part 1 and listen and then listen to Part 2 and see if there is material you don't have.

The broadcasts can be recorded as you listen to them if you have the appropriate software and depending on how you set up that software you can save the file as a wave or an mp3 file.

Or, as TCB mentioned, you can be very nice to Dear George and ask him for a copy either on CD or he can mail it to you as an mp3 file. He could put it on

SendSpace

or some other file transfer site since it will probably be a big file. You can then download from there and have a copy all to yourself.

KevinH

« Reply #160 on: July 15, 2012, 06:06:51 PM »

Thanks for the information, Ben!

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #161 on: July 15, 2012, 06:19:33 PM »

Conductor John Wilson posted this review of the Proms MY FAIR LADY on his Facebook page:
http://blogs.independent.co.uk/2012/07/15/fairest-lady-wows-the-proms/
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #162 on: July 15, 2012, 06:29:38 PM »

About to watch a Danish thriller - film, not TV.  And then I have to begin thinking about an unpleasant e-mail I will eventually have to write - figuring out when and figuring out how.  This has to do with the kid I worked with for the last year and a half and the completely odd behavior of her parents, which caused me to need a break from that amusement park ride.  I'm sure they've somehow, to their child at least, made me the bad guy, but I've done nothing but try to be helpful to both daughter and family and have given his child not only the gift of a great act, but seventeen shows in a row where I have given her material to challenge and grow.

Today, they did her act in Palm Springs.  According to the relentless Facebook posts of her mother, it played well.  But since I have not received an apology or an explanation for their behavior (which basically was trying to do a 180 on someone who's been very good to them - it was baffling, and people who know both parties, after having been read the series of e-mails, all felt that I was being treated weirdly, poorly, and not being told the truth), I'm afraid that they've taken their last visit to land that is the title of the show, at least in its present incarnation.  I control my writing, I control the title of the show, I control half the arrangements in the show, and I control the two songs of mine that she does - all of which I will not allow them to do.  I know we were talking about New York, but I'm not letting it be done there without my supervision, and I don't feel like supervising anything right now.  So, at some point soon, I'm going to have to write a very long e-mail, all thanks to off-putting behavior (at one point the mother said to me, "You're putting us on the defensive," to which I replied, "I'm putting YOU on the defensive?"  Hilarious.  So, I'm pondering exactly what the e-mail will say, and how best to phrase it while remaining completely calm.   
How about the truth? They can't take control of intellectual property that doesn't belong to them. They would face the same with any other artist with whom they will work.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

Jane

« Reply #163 on: July 15, 2012, 06:46:01 PM »

I think the idea is to say it as nicely as possible. ;) 

Jane

« Reply #164 on: July 15, 2012, 06:47:23 PM »

I'm used to dogs that asks to go out to go potty & not a dog that waits to be told.  Poor Yogi.  I wonder how long he has been waiting to be told.

Matthew

• You there, why are you so late?
« Reply #165 on: July 15, 2012, 06:49:38 PM »

Hi everyone - sorry to be E&T this weekend.  Lots of stuff going one, etc.  I'll do my best to catch up.

Highlight of the weekend was that I just changed the pressure/temperature valve on my water heater.   It was dripping.  Now, it's not.  I may consider a second career.

Jane

« Reply #166 on: July 15, 2012, 06:56:08 PM »

LOL DR Matthew.

Jane

« Reply #167 on: July 15, 2012, 06:56:52 PM »

'night

John G.

« Reply #168 on: July 15, 2012, 07:11:24 PM »

Great one, Matthew. Wish I had known that when my water heater when out. You might have been cheaper than what I had to pay.  ;D
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #169 on: July 15, 2012, 07:12:44 PM »

Watching "Lady Jane." Love the musical score  and Helena Bonham Carter, but the movie really does look as if it had been filmed on no budget with costumes leftover from every other British historical drama ever made.
― Voltaire

Ginny

« Reply #170 on: July 15, 2012, 07:22:39 PM »

We have watched tonight's Inspector Lewis and now I'm going to bed - 'night!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #171 on: July 15, 2012, 07:56:23 PM »

Need to know more about intellectual property rights.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #172 on: July 15, 2012, 07:57:07 PM »

Just watched a pretty good Danish thriller called Kandidatan.  Derivative but moved right along.

John G.

« Reply #173 on: July 15, 2012, 08:37:21 PM »

Night, all.
― Voltaire

Cillaliz

« Reply #174 on: July 15, 2012, 09:18:07 PM »

I really love The Newsroom.   I actually cancelled my Netflix and got HBO.  I've been DVRing all sorts of things.  I'm really glad I did it

Cillaliz

« Reply #175 on: July 15, 2012, 09:19:21 PM »

I think my brother may be getting out of the hospital tomorrow.  Man I hope their car is working well.  It's going to be 97 degrees out there.

Druxy

• druxmanworks.com
« Reply #176 on: July 15, 2012, 09:25:01 PM »

Need to know more about intellectual property rights.

Like what?
You can dream…or you can do.

vixmom

• Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty
« Reply #177 on: July 15, 2012, 09:48:58 PM »

DR CILLA LIZ has not returned my call.

File a paypal dispute immediately
Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty

It’s weird being the same age as old people

vixmom

« Reply #178 on: July 15, 2012, 09:49:21 PM »

For Vixmom:

Yesterday we had a wonderful old-fashioned monsoon thunderstorm. It hit in the afternoon and poured rain for about a half hour.

Here is an article I found in the paper this morning:
http://www.azcentral.com/news/articles/2012/07/14/20120714hassayampa-wash-man-dies.html

oh my !

vixmom

« Reply #179 on: July 15, 2012, 10:05:58 PM »

Sorry to have been so E & T  I have a million things that need doing  before we head out for Canada and no time to do any of them  so this week end was dedicated to Getting Things Done

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7   Go Up