Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7   Go Down

Author Topic: GOOD SATURDAY  (Read 11803 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
GOOD SATURDAY
« on: July 15, 2012, 12:10:32 AM »

Well, you've read the notes, the notes were Good and were written on a Saturday, and now it is time for you to post until the Good cows come home.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
Re: GOOD SATURDAY
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2012, 12:11:21 AM »

And the word of the day is: TAWPIE!

Ben

« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2012, 04:29:15 AM »

Morning all.

That is all.

Ben

« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2012, 04:29:45 AM »

According to the weather the heat wave will be back tomorrow and go through Thursday or Friday. Ugh!!!

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2012, 04:40:03 AM »

Good morning, all.

And that's about it from me. Very tired this morning. Wish I could crawl back to bed.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

Laura

« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2012, 04:44:32 AM »

For Vixmom:

Yesterday we had a wonderful old-fashioned monsoon thunderstorm. It hit in the afternoon and poured rain for about a half hour.

Here is an article I found in the paper this morning:
http://www.azcentral.com/news/articles/2012/07/14/20120714hassayampa-wash-man-dies.html
"That's a lotta hamsters."

Jennifer

« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2012, 06:21:49 AM »

re: Cillaliz and the AP story DR Cillaliz said:
It's an AP story.  I don't think it's a big deal that I didn't return the call, but they put it in the article.

I totally agree with what others said last night. It give a misrespresentation of what happened. You didn't not return their call. To me that means that the person has no interest in responding. They called you late and didn't give you enough time to respond would be more accurate. :)

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2012, 06:29:50 AM »

Hope the Irish friends of DR ELMORE are okay.   That is a nice house in that picture.  I misread the article - I thought it said the intruders were were baclavas.......
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2012, 06:30:06 AM »

DR CILLA LIZ has not returned my call.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2012, 06:30:50 AM »

Very excited to see a photograph of MR BK's new poster.   That's quite an acquisition.

Michael

« Reply #10 on: July 15, 2012, 06:33:24 AM »

I would loved to see Lawrence of Arabia in its 70mm glory. Other than an IMAX screen I don't believe there are many theaters left that can truly project and 70mm movie properly in all its glory.

When I last saw it in Montreal many years ago I knew there was only one cinema that could properly show it and it eventually did play there. In my opinion it as shown properly so much that the desert scenes showed the age of the screen it was being projected on.
Never stop dreaming.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #11 on: July 15, 2012, 06:50:29 AM »

Good morning, all! I am sleeping terribly, and I must say that I am not happy to learn that this week, which has me moving things from the McGlinnventory to Toyland and moving Toyland out of town are going to occur in another heat wave.

Last night, I trned off the lights at 10pm and was up and down, playing at the computer, until 2am. this is not good. Sp, today, I am doing ittle and working about the apartment. I'll finish watching the second season of MIRANDA and begin something else.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Kerry

« Reply #12 on: July 15, 2012, 07:53:30 AM »

It was a good Saturday with rain and thnuder and glorious clouds scuddding across the sky.
I like boat races.

Michael

« Reply #13 on: July 15, 2012, 08:02:51 AM »

In case I missed an early post

My Fair Lady in concert at Albert Hall. (Using the film orchestration)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b01kt5b2/BBC_Proms_2012_Season_Prom_02_My_Fair_Lady_Part_1/
Never stop dreaming.

ChasSmith

« Reply #14 on: July 15, 2012, 08:05:03 AM »

Good morning, all.

Got back from Blobfest at 4 a.m. and had a solid 6-hour sleep, my first after 24 hours up and about since I actually woke up at 4 a.m. yesterday morning and couldn't properly get back to sleep, even with a huge day ahead of me.  It turned out to be a great day.  A Great Day on a Good Saturday.  No thanks to the New Jersey Turnpike.  But all is well, even with just those six hours sleep.  Might catch a nap later, but fortunately, while I have much puttering and lots of ketchup to do, it will nevertheless be a day of welcome rest and recovery.

ChasSmith

« Reply #15 on: July 15, 2012, 08:13:52 AM »

In case I missed an early post

My Fair Lady in concert at Albert Hall. (Using the film orchestration)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b01kt5b2/BBC_Proms_2012_Season_Prom_02_My_Fair_Lady_Part_1/

Interesting.  Is this a new trend, or a trend that's trying to get off the ground, performing and/or re-recording film orchestrations for Broadway musicals?  That's something of interest to me, even though there aren't that many of them I really love.  DR Elmore had mentioned something about this the other day in regard to SHOW BOAT and a couple of others, that I'd meant to follow up on.

ArnoldMBrockman

• so many possibilities
« Reply #16 on: July 15, 2012, 08:17:41 AM »

And the word of the day is: TAWPIE!

And The Song Of The Day Is:  YOUNG AND FOOLISH

Druxy

• druxmanworks.com
« Reply #17 on: July 15, 2012, 08:21:28 AM »

We watched the movie version of EVITA last night.  I hadn't seen it for about 14 years.

I know that a lot of people don't like the film, but I think it's quite good.
You can dream…or you can do.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #18 on: July 15, 2012, 08:44:28 AM »

Blob Fest.

I just like to say it.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #19 on: July 15, 2012, 09:12:28 AM »

Celeste Holm has died. I had heard from friends on pre-Broadway production of THE GRASS HARP in Michigan that she was the meanest lady in show biz. She was friendly, but eagle-eyed and wary, when I met her sometime between 1979  and 1981 at the Drama Book Shop. She was doing a regional production of LADY IN THE DARK in England and was looking for other Weill songs to interpolate into the production!
« Last Edit: July 15, 2012, 09:16:51 AM by elmore3003 »
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #20 on: July 15, 2012, 09:19:25 AM »

We watched the movie version of EVITA last night.  I hadn't seen it for about 14 years.

Madonna sucks. There's not one iota of acting in any of her vocals. Whether she's dying or winning an election, she's auto-tuned out of any sense of drama. And the stupid whore has the vanity to take over "Another suitcase In Another Hall" so she's the only woman on the soundtrack? What a pig.

John G.

« Reply #21 on: July 15, 2012, 09:22:27 AM »

Madonna sucks. There's not one iota of acting in any of her vocals. Whether she's dying or winning an election, she's auto-tuned out of any sense of drama. And the stupid whore has the vanity to take over "Another suitcase In Another Hall" so she's the only woman on the soundtrack? What a pig.
But what do you really think? Please, don't hold back.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #22 on: July 15, 2012, 09:24:21 AM »

Celeste Holm has died. I had heard from friends on pre-Broadway production of THE GRASS HARP in Michigan that she was the meanest lady in show biz. She was friendly, but eagle-eyed and wary, when I met her sometime between 1979  and 1981 at the Drama Book Shop. She was doing a regional production of LADY IN THE DARK in England and was looking for other Weill songs to interpolate into the production!
I'm sorry to hear that. I just watched in "Champagne for Caesar" the other night. I think eagle-eyed and wary and both good descriptions of how she presented herself in her performances, too. That's why she's so good in "All About Eve," because she's sucked in even when she knows she should know better.
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #23 on: July 15, 2012, 09:59:51 AM »

Time for a nap.
― Voltaire

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #24 on: July 15, 2012, 10:02:07 AM »

But what do you really think? Please, don't hold back.

I could say more. She's an unpleasant lady, one more hostile ugly star who treats the public that made them one like garbage.

ChasSmith

« Reply #25 on: July 15, 2012, 10:17:50 AM »

Post #25 on page 1 at 1:20 pm Eastern?  Yikes.

ChasSmith

« Reply #26 on: July 15, 2012, 10:18:40 AM »

I'll be back later to chime in on a few things.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #27 on: July 15, 2012, 10:45:36 AM »

I'm up, I'm up.  A really good night's sleep with some odd dreams that I no longer remember.  I was awakened at ten-thirty by a telephonic call from the East Coast Singer, who did her act last night at the Signature Theater cabaret space - completely sold out and apparently a huge success for her, so that's good.  All the humor landed and they ate her up.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #28 on: July 15, 2012, 10:45:43 AM »

Page one?

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #29 on: July 15, 2012, 10:46:01 AM »

Do I need to some something CONTROVERSIAL?
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7   Go Up