Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8   Go Down

Author Topic: WHOLLY DEPENDENT  (Read 13817 times)

Jennifer

Re: WHOLLY DEPENDENT
« Reply #150 on: July 16, 2012, 04:00:23 PM »

Hi all.  I think the Prius is dead, well mine at least.  I was in a car accident this morning. Got T-boned and pushed into a utility pole.  They took me to the hospital by ambulance and I was there for about 4 hours.  They did x-rays and nothing broken, but my shoulder and ribs are really really sore and I have lots of tiny cuts from all the broken glass.   We have a local photographer who shows up for this sort of thing and puts them on Facebook, so I shared them on my page. 

Vibes for you.~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hope you're okay.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #151 on: July 16, 2012, 04:03:28 PM »

From Bruce:

Had an e-mail response from you-know-who.  He did not recognize me, apparently - he knew I was there but was confused because it was such a big group.  He was waiting for someone to call him Steve so he'd know.  He apologized, so all is well.

I'm glad the response was friendly.  I'm guessing this has happened with other people & is an issue with him. 
He's in his 80s. Who knows what his eyesight is like. And by his own confession, if he were even sober.

:o :o  Steve drinks?    :o :o

He and I smoked a lot of marjuanaat a party around 1982!

This site gets more shocking by the minute

It's an outrage, isn't it!???  If I weren't afraid of being consumed by hell fire, I'd tell a baldfaced lie about never having done such a thing myself!
  Well, I can say I've never done such a thing and it IS the truth.  :)   I've never even tried a  cigarette and the only time I got drunk was when I didn't know I was drinking at the time.  Some ex friends thought it would be funny to put slow gin in my drink.

Ummm...how slow was it?

Sorry, Danise, I couldn't reist.   Sloe gin is made from the blackthorn berry called "sloe" berries, a relative of the plum.
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #152 on: July 16, 2012, 04:05:02 PM »

Hi all.  I think the Prius is dead, well mine at least.  I was in a car accident this morning. Got T-boned and pushed into a utility pole.  They took me to the hospital by ambulance and I was there for about 4 hours.  They did x-rays and nothing broken, but my shoulder and ribs are really really sore and I have lots of tiny cuts from all the broken glass.   We have a local photographer who shows up for this sort of thing and puts them on Facebook, so I shared them on my page. 

Vibes for you.~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hope you're okay.

So...that IS you on the stretcher, then.  I was wondering how you managed to get a photo of yourself on a stretcher (I figured you had connections with the media!!).

I'll reiterate what I said on FB that tomorrow is the day you're really going to feel this...I think.  Don't plan on going to work tomorrow.  At all.

Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #153 on: July 16, 2012, 04:07:10 PM »

Is anybody here watching Big Brother or BBAD?  I can't believe how much i like BBAD.

Am "glancing" at Big Brother.  Two wrong things there:  Mike "Boogie" and the brother of Russell Hantz (the most-hated player of Survivor EVER).  Willi Hantz talks "big" like Russell, but I'm hoping he'll actually turn out to be a better man.  So far, not much has happened.  Am following via Hamsterwatch.com.

Danise

« Reply #154 on: July 16, 2012, 04:07:40 PM »

From Bruce:

Had an e-mail response from you-know-who.  He did not recognize me, apparently - he knew I was there but was confused because it was such a big group.  He was waiting for someone to call him Steve so he'd know.  He apologized, so all is well.

I'm glad the response was friendly.  I'm guessing this has happened with other people & is an issue with him. 
He's in his 80s. Who knows what his eyesight is like. And by his own confession, if he were even sober.

It's an outrage, isn't it!???  If I weren't afraid of being consumed by hell fire, I'd tell a baldfaced lie about never having done such a thing myself!
  Well, I can say I've never done such a thing and it IS the truth.  :)   I've never even tried a  cigarette and the only time I got drunk was when I didn't know I was drinking at the time.  Some ex friends thought it would be funny to put slow gin in my drink.

Ummm...how slow was it?

Sorry, Danise, I couldn't reist.   Sloe gin is made from the blackthorn berry called "sloe" berries, a relative of the plum.
  I can't even spell it~ LOL!
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #155 on: July 16, 2012, 04:09:20 PM »

From Bruce:

That wasn't funny.  I got slightly drunk on spiked punch once and was very annoyed.  If I'm going to get drunk I want it on my terms and on the good stuff, not a lousy punch.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2012, 04:13:05 PM by Jane »

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #156 on: July 16, 2012, 04:10:34 PM »

"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Jane

« Reply #157 on: July 16, 2012, 04:13:46 PM »

From Bruce:

Ummm...how slow was it?

Sorry, Danise, I couldn't reist.   Sloe gin is made from the blackthorn berry called "sloe" berries, a relative of the plum.
  I can't even spell it~ LOL!

;D

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #158 on: July 16, 2012, 04:14:06 PM »

"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Danise

« Reply #159 on: July 16, 2012, 04:14:57 PM »

I do have a bit of house news.

The lady from Frigidaire sent an email to Angies List and copied me asking for an up date.  I didn't say anything because, quite frankly I didn't know what to say.  Anyway, Angies List wrote her back and said they had heard from the contractor and that they hope to have the entire project done by the end of August. 

I don't know what to think but unless they get a move on I don't see how it could all be done by then.  Not that I don't hope that it is true.
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #160 on: July 16, 2012, 04:16:40 PM »

I had some bacon on my turkey sandwich today - yummilicious.  Waiting for the helper to arrive with the Pro Tools session on DVD.  I won't know whether they followed instructions or not until I get to the engineer's.  Keep them most excellent vibes and xylophones coming.

Jane

« Reply #161 on: July 16, 2012, 04:18:02 PM »

My sister openly spiked the punch at our sister in-law's baby shower.  She wouldn't listen to me when I insisted doing so was inconsiderate.  Obviously the mother of the baby couldn't drink any punch and why tempt my mother who was sober that day.  Fortunately my mother stayed away from the punch.  I didn't realize at the time that my sister also had a problem, which she never admitted to even after she completely stopped drinking.

Jane

« Reply #162 on: July 16, 2012, 04:18:53 PM »

The lady from Frigidaire sent an email to Angies List and copied me asking for an up date.  I didn't say anything because, quite frankly I didn't know what to say.  Anyway, Angies List wrote her back and said they had heard from the contractor and that they hope to have the entire project done by the end of August. 

I don't know what to think but unless they get a move on I don't see how it could all be done by then.  Not that I don't hope that it is true.

VIBES ANGIE IS CORRECT!!!

Danise

« Reply #163 on: July 16, 2012, 04:21:12 PM »

From Bruce:

That wasn't funny.  I got slightly drunk on spiked punch once and was very annoyed.  If I'm going to get drunk I want it on my terms and on the good stuff, not a lousy punch.
  I feel exactly the same way.  I think what I find the most scary is that is the only time in my life that I can't honestly say or know what happened.  All I know was that I was sitting on the couch and all of a sudden everything seemed funny.  You could have said "shoehorn" and I would have laughed my head off.  Then I had to go to the restroom, stood up and passed out.  Next thing I knew, they were pouring coffee down my throat but there is lost time there and some flashes.  And like Forest Gump, that's all I have to say about that.
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Danise

« Reply #164 on: July 16, 2012, 04:23:25 PM »

VIBES ANGIE IS CORRECT!!!
:)
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Danise

« Reply #165 on: July 16, 2012, 04:30:47 PM »

Well, I've got 2 miles to walk.  Be back later, gators!
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #166 on: July 16, 2012, 04:35:21 PM »

I want ice cream.

Or vodka and tonic.

Matthew

• You there, why are you so late?
« Reply #167 on: July 16, 2012, 04:42:47 PM »

I've been sending large files using DropBox and have great success.

Is it just www.dropbox.com?

yes

Matthew

« Reply #168 on: July 16, 2012, 04:44:17 PM »

Time Warner has come and gone. My WiFi is working, and I have a DVR. How the fat hell does it work? Do I need a manual?

No, just a man

Matthew

« Reply #169 on: July 16, 2012, 04:44:59 PM »

Okay, so what I have so far is:

1776:  Ben, Elmore, Vixmom

My Fair Lady (audio only):  ChasSmith, Elmore, John G., Ron

Show Boat (1929):  John G.

Show Boat (1951):  John G.

Tony Awards:  ??

I know at least a couple of people wanted the Tony Awards, so let me know if you still want it.

Again, I'm sorry that I goobered.

Isn't there a double disk DVD set coming out of both Show Boats?

Matthew

« Reply #170 on: July 16, 2012, 04:45:35 PM »

I've been sending large files using DropBox and have great success.

Is it just www.dropbox.com?

yes

But you have to set it up on your desktop.  It's really easy

Matthew

« Reply #171 on: July 16, 2012, 04:46:33 PM »

Thank God you're okay!

Yes, glad that you are ok. 

Matthew

« Reply #172 on: July 16, 2012, 04:47:46 PM »

OK, home from camp.  Time to make some headway in the backyard while the DP is still at work (and working after work today!!) and then it's off to Legally Blonde rehearsal where we are staging the opening number.  Omigod!!

Jane

« Reply #173 on: July 16, 2012, 04:49:19 PM »

From Bruce:

I feel exactly the same way.  I think what I find the most scary is that is the only time in my life that I can't honestly say or know what happened.  All I know was that I was sitting on the couch and all of a sudden everything seemed funny.  You could have said "shoehorn" and I would have laughed my head off.  Then I had to go to the restroom, stood up and passed out.  Next thing I knew, they were pouring coffee down my throat but there is lost time there and some flashes.  And like Forest Gump, that's all I have to say about that.

OMG you passed out!!!  How much did they let you drink!!!!

Jane

« Reply #174 on: July 16, 2012, 04:50:37 PM »

You can see the returning cast from THE CLOSER to the spin off MAJOR CRIMES.
http://www.tntdrama.com/title/display/?oid=262562

Jane

« Reply #175 on: July 16, 2012, 04:52:23 PM »

I've been told Fritz is also returning.

Matthew

« Reply #176 on: July 16, 2012, 04:56:18 PM »

Oh, and the first season of "Alice" on DVD arrived the other day.  I can't wait to begin watching!!!

Cillaliz

« Reply #177 on: July 16, 2012, 05:25:44 PM »

Thanks so much for the good wishes and the vibes. 

Cillaliz

« Reply #178 on: July 16, 2012, 05:26:53 PM »

Fritz - the guy who plays him is on The Newsroom.  Don't know that he'll be a regular, but he's already been in 2 episodes and his character is in a "serious" relationship with one of the main characters

Cillaliz

« Reply #179 on: July 16, 2012, 05:27:41 PM »

You can see the returning cast from THE CLOSER to the spin off MAJOR CRIMES.
http://www.tntdrama.com/title/display/?oid=262562

It won't be the same without Kyra, but still could be very good.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8   Go Up