Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Down

Author Topic: OPERATING ON LITTLE SLEEP  (Read 10488 times)

ChasSmith

Re: OPERATING ON LITTLE SLEEP
« Reply #30 on: July 19, 2012, 07:48:03 AM »

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #31 on: July 19, 2012, 08:06:16 AM »

Here's the link to The Sound of Follies article:  http://kritzerland.com/news.htm

:D  Bravo!
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #32 on: July 19, 2012, 08:09:57 AM »

TOD:

Kelly:  The Pirate, Singin in the Rain, An American in Paris  (all for the dancing, not the acting). On the Town for both acting/dancing.

O'Connor:  Singin in the Rain, There's No Business Like Show Business, Call Me Madam and his Francis movies.

Reynolds:  The Unsinkable Molly Brown, My Six Loves, How the West Was Won, Singin in the Rain
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #33 on: July 19, 2012, 08:10:08 AM »

I'm pleased to read that "Saving Aimee," now called "Scandalous," is coming to Broadway. The premise sounds so intriguing and hopefully enough work has been done on the show to have it in shape:

http://www.broadway.com/buzz/162994/carolee-carmello-to-play-aimee-semple-mcpherson-in-broadway-premiere-of-scandalous/
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #34 on: July 19, 2012, 08:32:09 AM »

I keep thinking today is Friday.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Jennifer

« Reply #35 on: July 19, 2012, 09:19:15 AM »

There are a lot of Downton Abbey people nominated for the Emmys: Hugh Bonneville (Robert Crawley), Brendan Coyle (John Bates), Jim Carter (Mr. Carson) , Michelle Dockery (Mary), Joanne Froggatt (Anna), Maggie Smith.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #36 on: July 19, 2012, 10:02:01 AM »

Chas, the sentence is confusing but it's what I meant - I should have added the word "only" - but the intention is you have a little control in the mix, not a lot.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #37 on: July 19, 2012, 10:02:19 AM »

I'm up - I think I got nine hours of sleep.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #38 on: July 19, 2012, 10:09:54 AM »

I apologize that I was E & T yesterday afternoon and evening.  All week I have been suffering from leg cramps and charlie horses.  Yesterday was so bad that I just turned off the computer when I got back from P.T., and spent the rest of the day on my bed (alone).  I think the problem may be the statins I have taking for my cholesterol, or my blood pressure, or for something.  Anyway today isn't starting out much better, but I have a Safeway delivery sometime today, so I must remain upright until then.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2012, 11:50:26 AM by TCB »
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #39 on: July 19, 2012, 10:11:51 AM »

Jrand61, I didn't know you had three small parts.  What roles are you playing?  Actually, I could have seen you as Mrs. Meers.
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #40 on: July 19, 2012, 10:12:31 AM »

Here's the link to The Sound of Follies article:  http://kritzerland.com/news.htm

Great article.
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #41 on: July 19, 2012, 10:13:28 AM »

Morning all.  I was tired last night and got to bed late (for me).  Now I'm running late this morning but I did do my 3 miles!

Vibes to all!

Special vibes to DR CIlla and TCB!

Moving vibes to DR Elmore!

Have a wonder filled day!

Danise, are you going out and walking morning and evening, or are you using a treadmill?
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #42 on: July 19, 2012, 10:14:59 AM »

It has cooled off. Temps in the 70s but the humidity is high. I'll live with it.

Off to work.

It is only 63 degrees here this morning, but our humidity is 73%.  Yuck.
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #43 on: July 19, 2012, 10:16:31 AM »

Jean Hagan is amazing in Singin' in the Rain. Her "I ain't people ..." speech is one of the funniest things ever captured on film. No matter how many times I see that movie, she reduces me to tears of laughter in that one.

TOD:

In addition to Singin' in the Rain:

Gene Kelly:
The Pirate
On the Town
Les Girls

Donald O'Connor:
Call Me Madam
There's No Business Like Show Business

Debbie Reynolds:
The Pleasure of His Company
What's the Matter with Helen

"I can't stand it!"
“One thing’s universal,

John G.

« Reply #44 on: July 19, 2012, 10:37:53 AM »

Vibes and prayers, TCB. Charley horses ain't fun.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #45 on: July 19, 2012, 11:35:35 AM »

I'm pleased to read that "Saving Aimee," now called "Scandalous," is coming to Broadway. The premise sounds so intriguing and hopefully enough work has been done on the show to have it in shape:

http://www.broadway.com/buzz/162994/carolee-carmello-to-play-aimee-semple-mcpherson-in-broadway-premiere-of-scandalous/

Not very many people that saw SAVING AIMEE in Seattle were very thrilled by the show.
“One thing’s universal,

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #46 on: July 19, 2012, 11:45:40 AM »

Jean Hagan is amazing in Singin' in the Rain. Her "I ain't people ..." speech is one of the funniest things ever captured on film. No matter how many times I see that movie, she reduces me to tears of laughter in that one.

I remember reading this on IMDb in the trivia section for the movie:

The role of the ditzy movie diva Lina Lamont was written with Judy Holliday in mind. Holliday was a close friend of Betty Comden and Adolph Green, and they even modeled the character on routines they had worked up with Holliday back when they were part of a satirical group called The Revuers in New York. Timing was everything, however, and the idea of casting Holliday was vetoed after she hit it big in Born Yesterday. Everyone figured she'd be uninterested in the supporting part but, as it turned out, the lovely Jean Hagen, Holliday's understudy on Broadway for "Born Yesterday", got the part.

I loved Jean Hagen in the role, but I alway wonder what Judy Holliday would've been like.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #47 on: July 19, 2012, 11:47:59 AM »

I apologiz that I was E & T yesterday afternoon and evening.  All week I have been suffering from leg cramps and charlie horses.  Yesterday was so bad that I just turned off the computer when I got back from P.T., and spent the rest of the day on my bed (alone).  I think the problem may be the statins I have taking for my cholesterol, or my blood pressure, or for something.  Anyway today isn't starting out much better, but I have a Safeway delivery sometime today, so I must remain upright until then.

~~~CONTINUING VIBES FOR DR TCB!!~~~
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #48 on: July 19, 2012, 11:49:10 AM »

TOD

Donald O'Connor:  FRANCIS THE TALKING MULE, CALL ME MADAM

Debbie Reynolds:  THE UNSINKABLE MOLLY BROWN, TAMMY AND THE BACHELOR, IN & OUT

If I have to pick a film for Gene Kelly, I guess it would be INHERIT THE WIND.
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #49 on: July 19, 2012, 11:58:39 AM »

This week I finished reading the book FULL SERVICE written by DR MBarnum's boyfriend Scotty Bowers.  It was an interesting book.  I wish there was some way to know which parts of the book were factual and which ones were extensions of Mr. Bowers' imagination.  In particular, I wonder about his assertion that the romance between Spencer Tracy and Katherine Hepburn was a total fabrication of the studios and the press agents.
“One thing’s universal,

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #50 on: July 19, 2012, 12:02:56 PM »

This week I finished reading the book FULL SERVICE written by DR MBarnum's boyfriend Scotty Bowers.  It was an interesting book.  I wish there was some way to know which parts of the book were factual and which ones were extensions of Mr. Bowers' imagination.  In particular, I wonder about his assertion that the romance between Spencer Tracy and Katherine Hepburn was a total fabrication of the studios and the press agents.

Well, since Hepburn was a lesbian . . .
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

George

« Reply #51 on: July 19, 2012, 12:07:32 PM »

Topic of the Day:

In addition to Singin' in the Rain:

Gene Kelly:
Brigadoon
Les Demoiselles de Rochefort
On the Town
Summer Stock
Xanadu

Donald O'Connor:
Call Me Madam
There's No Business Like Show Business
Various Francis movies

Debbie Reynolds:
Goodbye Charlie
The Unsinkable Molly Brown

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #52 on: July 19, 2012, 12:12:12 PM »

Well, that is what Scotty says, too.
“One thing’s universal,

John G.

« Reply #53 on: July 19, 2012, 12:20:46 PM »

I want to like Judy Holliday, who supposedly had an affair with Katharine Hepburn, thus tying all these strings together, too much on the screen, so I would probably have more sympathy for Lina. And I think that would work against the character.
― Voltaire

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #54 on: July 19, 2012, 12:26:59 PM »

Only the intimation I got was that she was Tracy's beard.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #55 on: July 19, 2012, 12:27:36 PM »

I want to like Judy Holliday, who supposedly had an affair with Katharine Hepburn, thus tying all these strings together, too much on the screen, so I would probably have more sympathy for Lina. And I think that would work against the character.

That, plus the fact that Lina Lamont was too small a part at the time in Holliday's career.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #56 on: July 19, 2012, 12:31:49 PM »

Only the intimation I got was that she was Tracy's beard.

Well, Scotty said he fixed Katherine up with over 150 women.
“One thing’s universal,

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #57 on: July 19, 2012, 12:35:47 PM »

I was sure that once she died, the word would get out. And it has! I met her companion Phyllis once, who had been the companion of the lesbian actress Constance Collier.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #58 on: July 19, 2012, 12:37:30 PM »

I could see Comden and Green writing the role for Holliday; they were old friends, and they would soon write BELLS ARE RINGING for her.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #59 on: July 19, 2012, 12:41:17 PM »

Hello, everyone.

Add me to the list of the sleep-deprived.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Up