Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9   Go Down

Author Topic: FRIENDSHIP  (Read 11503 times)

Cillaliz

Re: FRIENDSHIP
« Reply #120 on: July 22, 2012, 02:06:38 PM »

but I'll settle for watermelon

Cillaliz

« Reply #121 on: July 22, 2012, 02:07:59 PM »

DR John G, I've heard so many wonderful things about your friend who died in the shooting in Colorado.  She sounds like a wonderful person, you and her friends and family have my ongoing sympathy

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #122 on: July 22, 2012, 02:08:25 PM »

I was broadsided once. My car spun a bit. Don't mean to be negative, but do take care. When you feel up to it, maybe a series of massages.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #123 on: July 22, 2012, 02:11:32 PM »

Bruce, I'm eager to hear your new song. Will we be able to hear a bit of it prior to release of the CD?

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #124 on: July 22, 2012, 02:16:47 PM »

The Irish Rep is presenting a small version of NEW GIRL IN TOWN, with orchestrations by my adopted son Joshie:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YnGkJPkMlPs&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Patrick Cummings is one hot looking man!

He looks very good in suspenders. 

Methinks he'd look good in anything.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #125 on: July 22, 2012, 02:24:25 PM »

Tom, will you be talking to your doctor this week? Perhaps you could "remind" him that you're in a wheelchair and it's not so easy to come in. Their office policies aren't taking into account patients who are sick or not ambulatory. Surely he can see that. Or do you go to Doc Martin?

Cillaliz

« Reply #126 on: July 22, 2012, 02:26:50 PM »

I was broadsided once. My car spun a bit. Don't mean to be negative, but do take care. When you feel up to it, maybe a series of massages.

Not quite sure why this is negatlve. 

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #127 on: July 22, 2012, 02:27:43 PM »

A t-bone steak sounds really good right now

I would rather have a filet mignon.  But I am having Mexican casserole.
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #128 on: July 22, 2012, 02:28:01 PM »

Back from lunch and a walk.  Very hot here.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #129 on: July 22, 2012, 02:29:01 PM »

I can't imagine the neighbors have a dog sitter for three or four weeks.  I think they board the dog is what I think.  I knew they were back yesterday because I heard the dog yelping quite a bit.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #130 on: July 22, 2012, 02:29:05 PM »

I have begun drinking the potion, and I hate this whole routine. I will sign off now and check in before I leave early tomorrow for the clinic.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #131 on: July 22, 2012, 02:29:17 PM »

DR John G, I've heard so many wonderful things about your friend who died in the shooting in Colorado.  She sounds like a wonderful person, you and her friends and family have my ongoing sympathy

I meant to mention that earlier.  She certainly touched a lot of people in her short life.
“One thing’s universal,

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #132 on: July 22, 2012, 02:35:58 PM »

Hello, everyone.

Colonoscopy vibes to DR Elmore! Hope it goes well and comfortably--well, as comfortably as such things can.

DITTO!!

Jane

« Reply #133 on: July 22, 2012, 02:37:02 PM »

Can someone find Vixmom a better job? If we marshall all our energies maybe one will materialize. I think it's long overdue.

That would be such a wonderful thing to happen, or convince "scrooge" to hire a couple of more people.

Jane

« Reply #134 on: July 22, 2012, 02:42:26 PM »

I suggest waiting until most of the rib & other bruising has eased up.  I have found most massages are not gentle enough on injured shoulders.

Jane

« Reply #135 on: July 22, 2012, 02:43:20 PM »

Tom, will you be talking to your doctor this week? Perhaps you could "remind" him that you're in a wheelchair and it's not so easy to come in. Their office policies aren't taking into account patients who are sick or not ambulatory. Surely he can see that. Or do you go to Doc Martin?

Doc Martin is all about patient care.  It is bedside manners he is lacking ;)

Cillaliz

« Reply #136 on: July 22, 2012, 02:44:06 PM »

I suggest waiting until most of the rib & other bruising has eased up.  I have found most massages are not gentle enough on injured shoulders.

Some of the cuts have healed but I still have some on my upper arm.  My doctor said there could still be glass in there, but it will work it's way out if it's in there. I don't think massage would be good there either

Jane

« Reply #137 on: July 22, 2012, 02:44:13 PM »

I can't imagine the neighbors have a dog sitter for three or four weeks.  I think they board the dog is what I think.  I knew they were back yesterday because I heard the dog yelping quite a bit.

It seemed you were saying they didn't care enough about the dog to board it.  Sorry I took that the wrong way.

Jane

« Reply #138 on: July 22, 2012, 02:44:56 PM »

I have begun drinking the potion, and I hate this whole routine. I will sign off now and check in before I leave early tomorrow for the clinic.

Don't throw up the drink.  I'm getting sick thinking about it.

Jane

« Reply #139 on: July 22, 2012, 02:45:50 PM »

Some of the cuts have healed but I still have some on my upper arm.  My doctor said there could still be glass in there, but it will work it's way out if it's in there. I don't think massage would be good there either

No, I think not.

Cillaliz

« Reply #140 on: July 22, 2012, 02:46:02 PM »

Perhaps they leave their dog with someone while they are away.  Lots of families do that

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #141 on: July 22, 2012, 02:51:46 PM »

Oh, my doctor has no problem with that.  He knows that I can't drive (or walk), so he has no problem calling things in for me.  It is the rest of the staff that is the problem, but I am sure they are just following orders.
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #142 on: July 22, 2012, 02:54:36 PM »

Doc Martin is all about patient care.  It is bedside manners he is lacking ;)

I have no idea who Doc Martin might be.
“One thing’s universal,

ChasSmith

« Reply #143 on: July 22, 2012, 03:07:23 PM »

The potion!  DR Elmore is drinking from the flagon with the dragon!

Cillaliz

« Reply #144 on: July 22, 2012, 03:12:40 PM »

Vibes for DR Elmore~~~~~~

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #145 on: July 22, 2012, 03:24:40 PM »

A t-bone steak sounds really good right now
The steak, yes. The car wreck, no.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #146 on: July 22, 2012, 03:25:36 PM »

The potion!  DR Elmore is drinking from the flagon with the dragon!

Not the vessel with the pestle?
“One thing’s universal,

John G.

« Reply #147 on: July 22, 2012, 03:27:46 PM »

I meant to mention that earlier.  She certainly touched a lot of people in her short life.

Yes, she did touch many people's lives. I haven't been able to read much of the stories, simply because too much of it is still conjecture at this point. And that kind of lazy investigating irritates me. We can wait until we have some answers, not just some hyperbole that some bloviator spews to fill a few column inches or a few seconds of air time.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #148 on: July 22, 2012, 03:28:04 PM »

Many vibes, Elmore. I hate that nasty stuff.
― Voltaire

ChasSmith

« Reply #149 on: July 22, 2012, 03:33:03 PM »

I got through almost all of mine.  The taste wasn't so bad (I'd refrigerated it) but the sheer quantity of it, once down to the last two servings, was the challenge.  Enough was enough, already.  I think I stopped short of completing it, but I had the feeling they allow for that by making sure you have a little more than enough.  At any rate, that worked for me.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9   Go Up