Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9   Go Down

Author Topic: FRIENDSHIP  (Read 11535 times)

TCB

• Because I can!
Re: FRIENDSHIP
« Reply #90 on: July 22, 2012, 12:12:54 PM »

Page  four!
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #91 on: July 22, 2012, 12:13:35 PM »

Both back and front lawns are mowed.  I LOVE my new little mower.  It's so light to push and it did a very good job. 

:)

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #92 on: July 22, 2012, 12:13:54 PM »

I've always had a really close friend wherever I've lived but only a couple lifetime very close friends.   Paul is my closest friend in Sioux City.   We drive each other crazy from time to time, but that happens less often than it used to and it always passes.   The strongest part of our friendship is that we accept each other and our limitations, we aren't always there for each other to do the every day normal sort of thing but, when it really matters, like when I was sitting by the road, about to be loaded into an ambulance.... I knew he would drop everything and go to the emergency room and that's just what happened.

I have good friend's like that but they all live so far away.   I do have friends & acquaintances I could call in an emergency just because they are nice people.  In an emergency we want our friends.

I'm very lucky to be married to my best friend.  When Keith worked he was usually out of town during emergencies.

That is nice.
“One thing’s universal,

Jane

« Reply #93 on: July 22, 2012, 12:16:16 PM »

I'm back in London after a few days in Wales, hence my recent truancy. Communication is difficult out in them wild parts of Wales, where I can't even get a signal on my phone!

Welcome come.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #94 on: July 22, 2012, 12:23:10 PM »

At the British Open, they have a sgin up selling "Pie and Chips."  I am hoping that is, like steak and kidney pie, rather than banana cream.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2012, 12:50:51 PM by TCB »
“One thing’s universal,

Jane

« Reply #95 on: July 22, 2012, 12:27:42 PM »

The Irish Rep is presenting a small version of NEW GIRL IN TOWN, with orchestrations by my adopted son Joshie:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YnGkJPkMlPs&feature=youtube_gdata_player

You must be proud of Joshie. :)

Jane

« Reply #96 on: July 22, 2012, 12:29:10 PM »

The Irish Rep is presenting a small version of NEW GIRL IN TOWN, with orchestrations by my adopted son Joshie:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YnGkJPkMlPs&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Patrick Cummings is one hot looking man!

He looks very good in suspenders. 

Jane

« Reply #97 on: July 22, 2012, 12:30:21 PM »

good morning

today is Viixdad's birthday

Are you flirting with Debby's husband?

LOL.  I wanted to try and find something English for the card.  I just thought Paddington Bear looked cute.

Jane

« Reply #98 on: July 22, 2012, 12:34:58 PM »

I'm up and was up at eight-thirty thanks to some creep next door who is obviously either doing work for or keeping watch over that million dollar piece of crap.  The owners seem to spend most of their time out of town - heaven knows what they do with their poor dog during these long absences - just more entitled people who care only about themselves and nothing about boarding a dog for three weeks. 

Maybe they think the dog is being well cared for at home while they are gone.  If there are issues, different from when they are home vs the sitter, they might appreciate hearing about them.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #99 on: July 22, 2012, 12:52:12 PM »

I'm up and was up at eight-thirty thanks to some creep next door who is obviously either doing work for or keeping watch over that million dollar piece of crap.  The owners seem to spend most of their time out of town - heaven knows what they do with their poor dog during these long absences - just more entitled people who care only about themselves and nothing about boarding a dog for three weeks. 

Maybe they think the dog is being well cared for at home while they are gone.  If there are issues, different from when they are home vs the sitter, they might appreciate hearing about them.

Oh yeah, Bruce and his neighbors are such close friends!
“One thing’s universal,

Jane

« Reply #100 on: July 22, 2012, 01:14:27 PM »

He doesn't have to be friends with them to kindly mention what is happening to the dog.

Jane

« Reply #101 on: July 22, 2012, 01:15:20 PM »

Speaking of friends ;)   Bruce I liked what you wrote about friends and "friends" today.

Matthew

• You there, why are you so late?
« Reply #102 on: July 22, 2012, 01:22:40 PM »

PARTY PREP!!!   All is well.

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #103 on: July 22, 2012, 01:34:59 PM »

Philemon: Harvey and Tom both hate that album and will not allow its release.  I've tried for years.  What they WILL allow is the TV version, which I have on CD here.  It just doesn't sound great, but I suppose after five years I should send it up to my mastering guy and see what he can do with it.
What about a DVD of the TV version?
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #104 on: July 22, 2012, 01:36:18 PM »

PARTY PREP!!!   All is well.

I hope it is a huge success!
“One thing’s universal,

John G.

« Reply #105 on: July 22, 2012, 01:37:01 PM »

I was asked to write a Christmas song for the East Coast Singer's Christmas album - it took quite a while for me to find something I thought was a good idea - we only knew it should be a little different and funny.  I wrote a funny ballad called This Christmas, finished it yesterday, did a little guide recording and chord chart for Lanny Meyers, who'll be orchestrating it, and that's that.
And will it be recorded?
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #106 on: July 22, 2012, 01:37:52 PM »

Since the wonderful restoration of FOLLIES is on its way.

I would like to see if BK can get the rights to restore the complete concert of Sondheim: A Musical Tribute which still has a lot of unreleased tracks including some marred by technical problems that I am sure PRO TOOLS could get rid of?

Also how about Schimdt & Jones' Philemon which as far as I know was only distributed by the composers and never had a commercial release
I want Philemon, too.

I was coughing up a lot of philemon last night.
LOL.
― Voltaire

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #107 on: July 22, 2012, 01:42:24 PM »

I was asked to write a Christmas song for the East Coast Singer's Christmas album - it took quite a while for me to find something I thought was a good idea - we only knew it should be a little different and funny.  I wrote a funny ballad called This Christmas, finished it yesterday, did a little guide recording and chord chart for Lanny Meyers, who'll be orchestrating it, and that's that.
And will it be recorded?

Well, it is for a Christmas album.
“One thing’s universal,

John G.

« Reply #108 on: July 22, 2012, 01:53:14 PM »

And will it be recorded?

Well, it is for a Christmas album.
OK, I'm mentally not with it. I read that as Christmas show. Sorry.
― Voltaire

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #109 on: July 22, 2012, 01:59:17 PM »

Hello, everyone.

Colonoscopy vibes to DR Elmore! Hope it goes well and comfortably--well, as comfortably as such things can.

Cillaliz

« Reply #110 on: July 22, 2012, 01:59:27 PM »

From DR Cilla:
Well I had another 5 hour nap.  I think that the sleep is really helping me heal. I think I've slept about 12-14 hours a day all week.   I'm not taking any pain medication except Aleve and may cut back on that tomorrow.  I have a ton of work to do this week so I'm hoping my mind will clear and I can get it done.  

Wonderful.  I'm constantly pleased to see how much care you are taking to heal.

Well, tomorrow it's back to work. Aleve seems to be doing what I need it to do today.  I got three loads of laundry done and vacuumed the livingroom where I've been sitting for a week.  I just couldn't look at the cat hair on the floor for one more day.   I'm trying to stay awake all day today, but am taking it easy and staying inside.  It's 100 degrees outside.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #111 on: July 22, 2012, 01:59:32 PM »

Happy birthday to Vixdad!

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #112 on: July 22, 2012, 02:00:52 PM »

Can someone find Vixmom a better job? If we marshall all our energies maybe one will materialize. I think it's long overdue.

Cillaliz

« Reply #113 on: July 22, 2012, 02:02:13 PM »

Good morning.  I slept another 12 hours yesterday and today woke up feeling almost normal.  I'm a bit sore, but definitely on the mend.  I need to find some range of motion exercises for my shoulder. That's the only thing my doctor recommended I should do.

After two years in physical therapy I might be able to help you with that.

The first exercise my therapist gave me is still the one I use the most.  I use it throughout the day no matter how silly I look. 

I plant my feet so I'm balanced well. 
I then bend over as if I'm reaching for my toes, going only as far as comfortable.
I let my arms relax and get them going in circles. 
Try 5-10 one way and then back in the other direction.

I attempted to find an example of this on the internet.  This is the best I could do.  It also looks uncomfortable while I find doing both at the same time relaxing.

Thanks.  I'll try that. 

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #114 on: July 22, 2012, 02:03:01 PM »

Cilla, I'm glad there's a car on the lot that has all you want.

BTW, I'd never heard the term "t-boned" before. Does that mean you were broadsided?

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #115 on: July 22, 2012, 02:03:39 PM »

Can someone find Vixmom a better job? If we marshall all our energies maybe one will materialize. I think it's long overdue.

Amen.  I don't know how she keeps going.
“One thing’s universal,

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #116 on: July 22, 2012, 02:04:45 PM »

There's an excellent book called "Stretching" by Bob Anderson. It's a real classic. Very easy to follow. Highly recommended.

Cillaliz

« Reply #117 on: July 22, 2012, 02:05:35 PM »

Yes,  t-boned means broadsided.  The front of his pickup hit straight into my drivers door, making the two cars look like a T or the T in a T-Bone steak

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #118 on: July 22, 2012, 02:06:15 PM »

Party vibes to DR Matthew. Hope it's a great success.

Cillaliz

« Reply #119 on: July 22, 2012, 02:06:28 PM »

A t-bone steak sounds really good right now
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9   Go Up