Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9   Go Down

Author Topic: FRIENDSHIP  (Read 11286 times)

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
Re: FRIENDSHIP
« Reply #30 on: July 22, 2012, 06:08:08 AM »

Indeed Happy Birthday vibes to the VixDad.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #31 on: July 22, 2012, 06:08:19 AM »

Page Two no picture dance.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #32 on: July 22, 2012, 06:10:24 AM »

I am happy to say that the closing night of "The Curious Savage" was most excellent.....with a terrific audience that responded to almost everything....

Thanks to all for the HHW vibes....yes DR FJL - your vibes arrived just in time!

The set has been struck, costumes & props put away....and now the stage is ready for Thoroughly Modern Millie.....and I will be headed to auditions in a few hours.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #33 on: July 22, 2012, 06:11:28 AM »

Mr. Preston Sturges' very funny film CHRISTMAS IN JULY is on TCM this morning at 10:30 a.m. EST......if you like Sturges or Dick Powell....or William Demarest....I highly recommend that you give this a look.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #34 on: July 22, 2012, 06:12:40 AM »

Friends.....well I lost one of my best friends Mr Ernie Ford - a bit over a year ago.....and my best friend Vickie is going through some turmoil.....so.....other friends of mine are even more important to me now....not that there are MANY of them.

Laura

« Reply #35 on: July 22, 2012, 06:18:05 AM »

Good morning.

And HAPPY BIRTHDAY to Vixdad!
"That's a lotta hamsters."

Laura

« Reply #36 on: July 22, 2012, 06:19:08 AM »

My best friend died of lung cancer many years ago. She never smoked in her life.
"That's a lotta hamsters."

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #37 on: July 22, 2012, 06:30:51 AM »

I am happy to say that the closing night of "The Curious Savage" was most excellent.....with a terrific audience that responded to almost everything....

Thanks to all for the HHW vibes....yes DR FJL - your vibes arrived just in time!

The set has been struck, costumes & props put away....and now the stage is ready for Thoroughly Modern Millie.....and I will be headed to auditions in a few hours.

DR JRand61, mine unfortuantely did not arrive, and I apologize. I am happy to know that the universe was doing well enough not toneed my input. but I hope you do know that even if I don't express it, the vibes are there for you.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Danise

« Reply #38 on: July 22, 2012, 06:32:05 AM »

Morning all!  Lots to do and I stayed up way to late last night.  Yes, I, Danise, was up until after midnight chatting away for a few folks.  No doubt there is a nap in my afternoon future. 

As far as friends--well you all know about Thelma and my old boss Glenda.  Of course I count all of you as friend.  I'm lucky to have made some new friends in Joseph and Jason Carter. 

Didn't  have many friends growing up at least not human friends.  Mostly horses and dogs and cats and all manor of assorted animals.  No one I'm in touch with now.

A very Happy Birthday to Vixdad.  Vixmom needs to stop working so hard!!!!!!

Vibes to DR Elmoore and his Colonoscopy.  What a pain in the rear they are.  :)

Vibes to all who need them!

I have grass to mow so I gotta go~  Laters!

Touch Magic, Pass it on!

ChasSmith

« Reply #39 on: July 22, 2012, 07:11:30 AM »

VIBES to DR ELMORE on his upcoming Procedure!   

Of course you know the hours of prep are the only real pain in the bloomin' arse.  After that -- and in keeping with today's theme -- the anesthetist is your FRIEND.

Cillaliz

« Reply #40 on: July 22, 2012, 07:22:50 AM »

Good morning.  I slept another 12 hours yesterday and today woke up feeling almost normal.  I'm a bit sore, but definitely on the mend.  I need to find some range of motion exercises for my shoulder. That's the only thing my doctor recommended I should do.

Michael

« Reply #41 on: July 22, 2012, 07:37:19 AM »

Good morning to all.
Never stop dreaming.

Cillaliz

« Reply #42 on: July 22, 2012, 07:38:31 AM »

I've always had a really close friend wherever I've lived but only a couple lifetime very close friends.   Paul is my closest friend in Sioux City.   We drive each other crazy from time to time, but that happens less often than it used to and it always passes.   The strongest part of our friendship is that we accept each other and our limitations, we aren't always there for each other to do the every day normal sort of thing but, when it really matters, like when I was sitting by the road, about to be loaded into an ambulance.... I knew he would drop everything and go to the emergency room and that's just what happened.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #43 on: July 22, 2012, 07:40:22 AM »

The Irish Rep is presenting a small version of NEW GIRL IN TOWN, with orchestrations by my adopted son Joshie:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YnGkJPkMlPs&feature=youtube_gdata_player
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Michael

« Reply #44 on: July 22, 2012, 07:44:21 AM »

Since the wonderful restoration of FOLLIES is on its way.

I would like to see if BK can get the rights to restore the complete concert of Sondheim: A Musical Tribute which still has a lot of unreleased tracks including some marred by technical problems that I am sure PRO TOOLS could get rid of?

Also how about Schimdt & Jones' Philemon which as far as I know was only distributed by the composers and never had a commercial release
Never stop dreaming.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #45 on: July 22, 2012, 07:49:21 AM »

DR JRand61, mine unfortuantely did not arrive, and I apologize. I am happy to know that the universe was doing well enough not toneed my input. but I hope you do know that even if I don't express it, the vibes are there for you.

It goes without saying. 

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #46 on: July 22, 2012, 07:51:28 AM »

I love that video DR ELMORE....some of those songs are among my favorite theatre songs EVER......

ChasSmith

« Reply #47 on: July 22, 2012, 07:55:28 AM »

That looks and sounds great!

Michael

« Reply #48 on: July 22, 2012, 07:57:20 AM »

The Irish Rep is presenting a small version of NEW GIRL IN TOWN, with orchestrations by my adopted son Joshie:

elmoore: Is the actress Margaret Loesser Robinson who's in the show part of the Loesser clan?
Never stop dreaming.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #49 on: July 22, 2012, 07:58:15 AM »

elmoore: Is the actress Margaret Loesser Robinson who's in the show part of the Loesser clan?

No.

Kerry

« Reply #50 on: July 22, 2012, 08:02:27 AM »

Page Two no picture dance.

That's OK---the dance is what is important!
I like boat races.

Danise

« Reply #51 on: July 22, 2012, 08:20:21 AM »

Both back and front lawns are mowed.  I LOVE my new little mower.  It's so light to push and it did a very good job.  And while I will keep the electric mower as a back up, I am thrilled that I am no longer chained to that darn electric cord.  It gets caught on everything and made the job twice as long.

Just trying to cool down a bit then I have to go out and blow the porch and sidewalk off.  Then if there's time (I see clouds building) I want to wash the dogs.  It's so hot out I don't think I need to use the bathtub.  That's for the winter.

Laters all!
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Ginny

« Reply #52 on: July 22, 2012, 08:52:51 AM »

Sunday morning greetings!  Having attended 3 services in 2 days Thursday and Friday, I excused myself from church this morning and slept 'til 9:30.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #53 on: July 22, 2012, 08:54:16 AM »

I am wearing my store bought hair and new Vicar glasses to the audition.  We shall see what it accomplishes.

Ginny

« Reply #54 on: July 22, 2012, 08:54:34 AM »

DR Elmore, will you get to see the show?  Richard and I thought very highly of the one Irish Rep production we've seen and would go see this in a minute!  Thanks for sharing the video.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

ChasSmith

« Reply #55 on: July 22, 2012, 08:59:09 AM »

Well, will you just look at the time.

Hi, Noon!

Druxy

• druxmanworks.com
« Reply #56 on: July 22, 2012, 09:04:41 AM »

Mr. Preston Sturges' very funny film CHRISTMAS IN JULY is on TCM this morning at 10:30 a.m. EST......if you like Sturges or Dick Powell....or William Demarest....I highly recommend that you give this a look.

Wonderful movie.
You can dream…or you can do.

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #57 on: July 22, 2012, 09:15:23 AM »

Since the wonderful restoration of FOLLIES is on its way.

I would like to see if BK can get the rights to restore the complete concert of Sondheim: A Musical Tribute which still has a lot of unreleased tracks including some marred by technical problems that I am sure PRO TOOLS could get rid of?

Also how about Schimdt & Jones' Philemon which as far as I know was only distributed by the composers and never had a commercial release
I want Philemon, too.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #58 on: July 22, 2012, 09:16:32 AM »

There's some lovely stuff in that show.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

ChasSmith

« Reply #59 on: July 22, 2012, 09:19:19 AM »

Another vote for PHILEMON.  I saw a community production of it a long time ago, my only exposure to it to date.  I remember hardly anything of it, but I recall generally liking it. 
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9   Go Up