Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10   Go Down

Author Topic: THE POSTAL THIEF  (Read 13170 times)

Cillaliz

Re: THE POSTAL THIEF
« Reply #210 on: July 24, 2012, 05:09:15 PM »

Those dust storms really are much more dramatic looking than they are dangerous. The only danger really is if you are driving and lose visibility.

Or stand outside with your mouth open

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #211 on: July 24, 2012, 05:14:19 PM »

DR Jane - Alas, Ashland is not on my itinerary. :(

I see by your schedule :(

When you are in Portland try to go to my favorite restaurant, Toro Brovo, & I shall try to meet you there.
http://www.torobravopdx.com/

I can suggest a few other favorites if this doesn't appeal to you.

DR Jane - Hmmm... Their sister restaurant, Tasty 'n' Sons, is already on my List. Hmmm...

I hadn't heard of Tasty 'n' Sons & it has been awhile since I've been able to go to Toro Bravo.  Since we had to leave Sherlock in the car when we visited Bryan we usually ate at TB during our winter visits.  Of course I would rather have Sherlock than eat at Toro Bravo.

They are such different restaurants.  Looking at the menu I can see why T'n'S appeals to you, plus the excellent ratings. 

Jane

« Reply #212 on: July 24, 2012, 05:15:10 PM »

My new wheels... ::)

What do the airlines charge for each flight?

DR Jane - Thankfully, I'm flying out west on Jet Blue - one free checked bag, and I'm flying back east on Southwest - two free checked bags. So I'll only have two flight segments where I'll have to shell out an additional $25.

My Brompton has it's own "luggage" and it's small enough to be considered standard checked baggage - no extra bicycle charge.

*And I'm taking Amtrak from Seattle to Portland.

Sounds great!  We have never flown Jet Blue ;D

Jane

« Reply #213 on: July 24, 2012, 05:15:59 PM »

I stopped off at the dollar store and what to my wandering eyes did appear--no not what you think.  Mary Janes!  I haven't seen them in ages.  I know I shouldn't have bought the box but I couldn't help myself.  And I've had 4 so far.  Can't help it--they are so good! :)

LOL.  I was wondering how good the Mary Jane's (as in shoes) could be from the dollar store.

Jane

« Reply #214 on: July 24, 2012, 05:17:13 PM »

In other news I have found a use for Facebook (sorry BK).  You know I've been struggling with the stupid insurance company to pay my claim for Short Term Disability. Well I found out they have a Facebook page.  I posted:  "It's been over 2 months since you denied my claim and I sent my rebuttal.  I want to know what your answer is or do I have to sue you?". 

Well that got a response.  They sent me a message saying they wanted "reach out to me and to please give them a contact number".  I did and received a call from the home office asking what was going on.  I explained the whole thing to them and was promised I would have an answer within 72 hours.  It didn't even take that long.  I got a call this afternoon telling me they would pay my claim and have already been in touch with my employer to find out when I returned to work.

Ha!

THIS IS FANTASTIC!!!!  :D

Jane

« Reply #215 on: July 24, 2012, 05:19:05 PM »

In yet other news, I received the dogs Thunder Shirts.  It was so cute.  I put Sheena's on first to make sure it fit and then took it off of her.  She hopped around like a bunny with it on so I didn't think she liked it.

Then I put Toby's on to see if it fit and Sheena got all jealous, went over and nudged her shirt and sat down.  I asked her if she wanted her shirt back on so I put it on her and she wiggled like she was all happy about it.  Toby seems to really like his as well.  He was all a wiggle as well.  I left it on them for a few minutes and they both seemed to settle down.  I think they really like it!

Of course we have had rain and lighting storms every day.  Until today when they received their shirts.  I know the time will come when I can try them but it never fails to amaze me at the timing.  Or lack there of.

GOOD LUCK WITH THE THUNDER SHIRTS!!!

I'm sure you aren't in too much of a hurry to try them.  I suggest also giving them extra special treats during the storm to add an extra happy association with the shirts.

Jane

« Reply #216 on: July 24, 2012, 05:19:36 PM »

Those dust storms really are much more dramatic looking than they are dangerous. The only danger really is if you are driving and lose visibility.

Or stand outside with your mouth open

;D

Cillaliz

« Reply #217 on: July 24, 2012, 05:21:41 PM »

In other news I have found a use for Facebook (sorry BK).  You know I've been struggling with the stupid insurance company to pay my claim for Short Term Disability. Well I found out they have a Facebook page.  I posted:  "It's been over 2 months since you denied my claim and I sent my rebuttal.  I want to know what your answer is or do I have to sue you?". 

Well that got a response.  They sent me a message saying they wanted "reach out to me and to please give them a contact number".  I did and received a call from the home office asking what was going on.  I explained the whole thing to them and was promised I would have an answer within 72 hours.  It didn't even take that long.  I got a call this afternoon telling me they would pay my claim and have already been in touch with my employer to find out when I returned to work.

Ha!

Woo Hoo!!! Great Job Danise!!

Cillaliz

« Reply #218 on: July 24, 2012, 05:23:19 PM »

I stopped off at the dollar store and what to my wandering eyes did appear--no not what you think.  Mary Janes!  I haven't seen them in ages.  I know I shouldn't have bought the box but I couldn't help myself.  And I've had 4 so far.  Can't help it--they are so good! :)

LOL.  I was wondering how good the Mary Jane's (as in shoes) could be from the dollar store.

I was wondering the same thing

Cillaliz

« Reply #219 on: July 24, 2012, 05:27:28 PM »

I called my insurance company for the umteenth time since last Wednesday when I gave all the necessary signatures to the claims adjuster and still hadn't gotten a check.  So I called the home office again today.   They connected me to the person who cuts the checks.  She told me that she couldn't figure out why she hadn't gotten it and said she'd just send me a check without the necessary power of attorney, which she prepared and sent while I was on the phone.  She's including another one for me to sign - it's just so they can take care of the title on my totaled car-  I'll sign it and send it back. 

Jane

« Reply #220 on: July 24, 2012, 05:28:52 PM »

I was wondering the same thing

I feel better. :)

Jane

« Reply #221 on: July 24, 2012, 05:29:47 PM »

I called my insurance company for the umteenth time since last Wednesday when I gave all the necessary signatures to the claims adjuster and still hadn't gotten a check.  So I called the home office again today.   They connected me to the person who cuts the checks.  She told me that she couldn't figure out why she hadn't gotten it and said she'd just send me a check without the necessary power of attorney, which she prepared and sent while I was on the phone.  She's including another one for me to sign - it's just so they can take care of the title on my totaled car-  I'll sign it and send it back. 

VIBES YOU HAVE A NEW CAR BY THURSDAY!!!

Cillaliz

« Reply #222 on: July 24, 2012, 05:30:28 PM »

AND!!!  I thought about the things I don't like about the Prii I've owned in the past (that's plural for Prius). The number one is that they don't do well in the snow.  So, I decided I don't want to deal with that anymore.  I'm not getting a Prius, I'm getting a RAV4!!!  The dealership had to look all over to find one exactly like I want, but found it in Minneapolis.  It will arrive on Friday and I will once again have wheels!!

Cillaliz

« Reply #223 on: July 24, 2012, 05:31:17 PM »

The timing is perfect as my insurance co is paying for my rental car until Friday

Cillaliz

« Reply #224 on: July 24, 2012, 05:32:34 PM »

Welcome back DR Jose!  You have been missed

Jane

« Reply #225 on: July 24, 2012, 05:36:05 PM »

The timing is perfect as my insurance co is paying for my rental car until Friday

Correction....

VIBES YOU HAVE YOUR NEW CAR ON FRIDAY AND ALL IS WELL WITH IT!!!

Danise

« Reply #226 on: July 24, 2012, 05:37:02 PM »

Glad to hear you will be mobile again, DR Cillaliz!
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Danise

« Reply #227 on: July 24, 2012, 05:38:01 PM »

I was going to say that if you are having problems with your insurance company, just find them on Facebook and leave them an "interesting" post. 
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Cillaliz

« Reply #228 on: July 24, 2012, 05:43:51 PM »

I was going to say that if you are having problems with your insurance company, just find them on Facebook and leave them an "interesting" post. 

My adjuster has been out of the office since the 18th.  Someone told me she was ill and my local insurance agent has had the same problems I have had in getting an answer.  I just know the squeaky wheel really does get the grease.  I've been very friendly in my phone calls every day since last Wednesday.  I think everyone in the auto claims department knows who I am and they finally just decided to help me. 

Jane

« Reply #229 on: July 24, 2012, 05:46:50 PM »

:)

Jane

« Reply #230 on: July 24, 2012, 05:47:31 PM »

DR Cilla I just noticed your quote... ;D

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #231 on: July 24, 2012, 05:48:04 PM »

Correction....

VIBES YOU HAVE YOUR NEW CAR ON FRIDAY AND ALL IS WELL WITH IT!!!

~~~DITTO!!~~~
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #232 on: July 24, 2012, 05:49:26 PM »

And now, I'm off to the theater. 

Until later!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Cillaliz

« Reply #233 on: July 24, 2012, 06:18:21 PM »

DR Cilla I just noticed your quote... ;D

I'm about to change it....

Ok, I just added to it.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2012, 06:20:09 PM by Cillaliz »

Jane

« Reply #234 on: July 24, 2012, 06:23:48 PM »

Just what a daughter wants to hear ;) ;D

Jennifer

« Reply #235 on: July 24, 2012, 06:57:41 PM »

Ha!

That is great news!!!!

Jennifer

« Reply #236 on: July 24, 2012, 06:58:28 PM »

What are Mary Janes?

Danise

« Reply #237 on: July 24, 2012, 07:01:54 PM »

What are Mary Janes?
  They are a candy that's like a peanut butter taffy.  Very good and chewy!
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Danise

« Reply #238 on: July 24, 2012, 07:05:03 PM »

Touch Magic, Pass it on!

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #239 on: July 24, 2012, 07:05:43 PM »

The move went really smoothly, but long. I locked up the office at 9:30 and took a taxi home. Tomorrow I have to be there by 10am to pay the movers who are carting off the huge copier.

Our paralegal Geri arrived about 6:45 and the moving crew arrived around 7:15, and they were great. The two young who were in and out of the office with dollies of bookcases, filing cabinets and azillion cartons were two of the four who picked up my stuff earlier here. The other two stayed with the truck, unloading things, while the two who came in and out of the office with their supervisor were around 20-23 years old and members of the Lithuanian college wrestling or weight lifting team; they were really really strong. Mikey would have giggled through the move like a 12 year-old girl and pondered dating them in about 40 years.

So, the office is a mess but everything is moved in. Tomorrow I begin the clean up. I'm having some soup and going to bed.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10   Go Up