Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7   Go Down

Author Topic: THE BOYS IN THE BAND  (Read 10450 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
THE BOYS IN THE BAND
« on: July 25, 2012, 12:11:42 AM »

Well, you've read the notes, the notes were gay and carefree, and now it is time for you to post until the cows in the band come home.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
Re: THE BOYS IN THE BAND
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2012, 12:12:43 AM »

And the word of the day is: AGEE!

Ben

« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2012, 02:19:04 AM »

Morning all.

That is all.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2012, 02:40:11 AM »

Last night's rehearsal for "Titus" went quite well...they used the real fake blood for the first time (a couple of characters get their throats cut and so far, they've been using water to make sure that it works...it does, but not as well as they'd like). 
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2012, 02:45:16 AM »

Anyway, during the rehearsal, I got a call from a friend who (had to leave a message which) said that according to the local paper (and a LOT of Facebook posts) a mutual friend of ours has been missing since Sunday night! :o Here's the article:

http://www.theolympian.com/2012/07/24/2184411/artistic-director-for-olympias.html

He's the resident musical director for Capital Playhouse and I've known him since we met during the very first show that I did in Olympia in 1989.  I hope that he's found and and soon and well!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2012, 02:45:19 AM »

Good Morning!

I'm up, I'm up... And I'm about to head to Union Station.

More from the Northeast Regional.

Laters...
Make Your Own Luck.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2012, 03:56:47 AM »

Good morning, all! I had planned on getting up around 7am, and set the alarm for that time, but at 6:00, I was ready to go. I'm groggy, still on my first cup of coffee, and debating my schedule this morning:
    1.  bank
    2.  office
    3.  cry
This is the first of what will be several long days trying to get the space into workable shape and dealing with clutter from McGlinn's life that the estate should dumped, or sent off, before the move ever happened: the movers delivered about sixlarg cartons of breakable things from McGlinn's apartment, like mirrors, framed objects, etc. that haven't been examined since they left his apartment in 2009. This is ridiculous. By now they should be with the Library of Congress, Salvation Army store, antiques dealer or garbage, but not taking up space in an office and music preparation company! We have little work room because of the unnecessary detritus. It's time to write a rather testy email.

My goal for the next couple of days is to get my office, which is the one current area of sanity (oy!)  into a workable space before I tackle the next room. Curtis is back in town on Thursday, so I hope that he and I can at least get some of the cartons of books and paper to their correct region of the office. I cancelled my order for two 4-foot long folding tables; there is currently no space for them.

DR George, I am sorry to read about your friend! I hope he is found and safe. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Positive Vibes for DR George's friend, for vixmom's friend Stef, for cillaliz and TCB, and for one and all in this middle of the week! ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
« Last Edit: July 25, 2012, 06:44:49 AM by elmore3003 »
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2012, 03:57:01 AM »

More coffee!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2012, 04:09:08 AM »

Hello, again!

Greetings from DC's Historic - and currently under renovation and repair - Union Station!

My brother, Don, went ahead and decided to bring me into DC and drop me off right at Union Station! -He NEVER drives into DC!! I had originally planned just to get dropped off at the Vienna Metro station, and take the trains in from there. Since the rush hour had yet to go into full "rush", it was a relatively trip into DC. In fact, I'm here a full 90 minutes ahead of the time I had originally planned. Thankfully, Amtrak has wifi in the station now. In any case...

Thank You, Don!
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2012, 04:12:44 AM »

~~~~~VIBES FOR DR THE VIXTER'S FRIEND, STEF~~~~~
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #10 on: July 25, 2012, 04:13:52 AM »

~~~~~SAFE AND SOUND VIBES FOR DR GEORGE'S FRIEND~~~~~~
Make Your Own Luck.

Michael

« Reply #11 on: July 25, 2012, 04:18:32 AM »

Last night's rehearsal for "Titus" went quite well...they used the real fake blood for the first time (a couple of characters get their throats cut and so far, they've been using water to make sure that it works...it does, but not as well as they'd like). 

were they using fake fake blood before this?  :-)

Which would, I think, mean they were using real blood? :-)

Sorry couldn't resist
Never stop dreaming.

Michael

« Reply #12 on: July 25, 2012, 04:18:55 AM »

Good morn to all
Never stop dreaming.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #13 on: July 25, 2012, 04:20:05 AM »

James?
Make Your Own Luck.

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #14 on: July 25, 2012, 04:22:45 AM »

Good morning, all.

Vibes to DRs Mike, Cillaliz, TCB and for the Vixter's friend, Stef. And showers of them on us all.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #15 on: July 25, 2012, 04:23:20 AM »

James?
My first thought. Second thought: "You'll say a better major general has never sat a gee."
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #16 on: July 25, 2012, 04:38:50 AM »

James?
My first thought. Second thought: "You'll say a better major general has never sat a gee."

"Let us now praise famous men." The latest edition of Agee's poetry includes the lyrics he wrote for the Bernstein-Hellman CANDIDE before he either dropped out, or was dropped out, of the production team.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #17 on: July 25, 2012, 04:41:07 AM »

DR MBarnum - Btw, it won't rain when I'm in Portland. It just won't. ::)
Make Your Own Luck.

Ginny

« Reply #18 on: July 25, 2012, 05:22:08 AM »

Wednesday morning greetings!  Another brutally hot day here in SW Ohio, so I think I'll stay in and continue working on some volunteer projects.  Maybe I'll take a basement walk.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ginny

« Reply #19 on: July 25, 2012, 05:22:58 AM »

Vibes for DR The Vixter's friend Stef and for DR John G's friend Carol.  Blood clots in your lungs are scary!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ginny

« Reply #20 on: July 25, 2012, 05:23:28 AM »

Travel vibes for DR Jose!

Ginny

« Reply #21 on: July 25, 2012, 05:25:44 AM »

Anyway, during the rehearsal, I got a call from a friend who (had to leave a message which) said that according to the local paper (and a LOT of Facebook posts) a mutual friend of ours has been missing since Sunday night! :o Here's the article:

http://www.theolympian.com/2012/07/24/2184411/artistic-director-for-olympias.html

He's the resident musical director for Capital Playhouse and I've known him since we met during the very first show that I did in Olympia in 1989.  I hope that he's found and and soon and well!

DR George, this is a very troubling story and I hope it has a positive outcome.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #22 on: July 25, 2012, 05:26:47 AM »

I have sent the email about the need to get rid of McGlinn junk. And I am off to deal with the copier disposal and the super!

Ginny

« Reply #23 on: July 25, 2012, 05:27:23 AM »

DR Elmore, I wish I could fix dinner for you during this stressful week!  Please take it easy...

ChasSmith

« Reply #24 on: July 25, 2012, 05:37:24 AM »

Good morning, from what looks to be one of those perfect summer days dropped by accident into a string of extreme ones in some way or other on either side.  Sunny, clear, high of 82.  If I don't take this opportunity to at least mow this thing I call a "lawn", I'll regret it later.

ChasSmith

« Reply #25 on: July 25, 2012, 05:42:25 AM »

We had a line of intense thunderstorms pass through yesterday evening in which most of the rain and thunder and lightning missed my area, but the sky and winds were the second most beautiful example of a healing cool front I've ever experienced.  I don't even have the vocabulary to describe it, that's how unique and "awesome" and welcoming it was.  Within half an hour we went from a 90+ degree A/C lockdown to a windows-flung-wide-open one that is heavenly even now.

(Sorry, DR Ginny!)   :o

Michael

« Reply #26 on: July 25, 2012, 06:05:24 AM »

And we have lost another actor. Chad Everett best known for his work on TV's Medical Center  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chad_Everett
Never stop dreaming.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #27 on: July 25, 2012, 06:07:31 AM »

Vibes for Stef!

DR GEORGE that is a most disturbing story.....
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #28 on: July 25, 2012, 06:08:26 AM »

MR BK - if the stolen CD's were all one title, you might look to see who has recently listed a copy for sale on EBAY or Amazon, and politely inquire if they have additional copies, since you need a few......

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #29 on: July 25, 2012, 06:09:27 AM »

No word on SEE HOW THEY RUN as yet.

Rehearsal for THOROUGHLY MODERN MILLIE was fine.  I watched most of the second act.  It is a funny show, although a lot of the "new" music is pretty ordinary....and the cast is certainly enthusiastic.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7   Go Up