Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9   Go Down

Author Topic: A DEMENTED JIMINY CRICKET  (Read 17573 times)

TCB

• Because I can!
Re: A DEMENTED JIMINY CRICKET
« Reply #120 on: August 02, 2012, 10:32:14 AM »

Page Five!
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #121 on: August 02, 2012, 10:32:26 AM »

Page five!
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #122 on: August 02, 2012, 10:33:08 AM »

Here is the latest member of our family....Rose.

She was abandoned in the trailer park where my brother Kent's stepdaughter lives.  She brought him to Kent, and Kent brought her to our house yesterday.

She goes to the vet on Wednesday for a look see.  She is very well behaved, likes to sleep in rooms where people are sitting down or lying in bed.....is housetrained.....and doesn't bark very often.....

Oh, what a sweetie!
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #123 on: August 02, 2012, 10:34:31 AM »

She was abandoned in the trailer park where my brother Kent's stepdaughter lives.  She brought him to Kent, and Kent brought her to our house yesterday.

She goes to the vet on Wednesday for a look see.  She is very well behaved, likes to sleep in rooms where people are sitting down or lying in bed.....is housetrained.....and doesn't bark very often.....

Can we get another picture after Rose's turn?
“One thing’s universal,

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #124 on: August 02, 2012, 10:41:02 AM »

LOL yes, DR TCB....I'm sure eventually HHW will be inundated with Rose pictures.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

FJL

« Reply #125 on: August 02, 2012, 10:45:54 AM »

So nice to see BrettySpaghetti.  Hope you can hang out a while.  I know your schedule is always crazy.

FJL

« Reply #126 on: August 02, 2012, 10:55:48 AM »

I really like Scarlet Pimpernel, especially "Into the Fire," which is a number I found so thrilling that it transformed the evening in the theater the first time I saw the show in previews,

There's that one song "Where's the Girl" which has a section that always reminds me of the pop song "Would you like to ride my beautiful balloon" but I like the song anyway

Matthew

• You there, why are you so late?
« Reply #127 on: August 02, 2012, 10:59:21 AM »

I really like Scarlet Pimpernel, especially "Into the Fire," which is a number I found so thrilling that it transformed the evening in the theater the first time I saw the show in previews,

There's that one song "Where's the Girl" which has a section that always reminds me of the pop song "Would you like to ride my beautiful balloon" but I like the song anyway

Thanks, FJL- now I have to go listen to "Where's the Girl" to hear what you are talking about!!!

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #128 on: August 02, 2012, 11:01:35 AM »

Thanks, FJL- now I have to go listen to "Where's the Girl" to hear what you are talking about!!!

You might go up, up, and away.
“One thing’s universal,

BrettySpaghetti

• Insert hilarious quip here
    • The Blog Ate My Gun
« Reply #129 on: August 02, 2012, 11:08:22 AM »

Funny you mention "Where's the Girl." That is one song that ALWAYS reminds me of something I can't quite put my finger on, but it sounds like a mixture of several Barry Manilow songs—"Even Now" and "Could it Be Magic," and maybe something else as well. As a rabid Jimmy Webb fan, I didn't notice the "Up Up and Away" similarity, but I'll listen for that. One thing is for sure—"Where's the Girl" is derivative as hell!

I like "Into the Fire" a lot. Very passionate! Lyrically, it always makes me think of "Walk Through the Fire" from "Once More With Feeling," the Buffy the Vampire musical. Musically, though, it would fit perfectly in Les Miz. In fact, at the very end of the song, when he sings, "Onward ho!" I always substitute, "Jean Valjean!"

What would be the next logical Frank Wildhorn musical to discover? He seems to have hundreds of them! Jekyll & Hyde, Cyrano, Civil War, Dracula, Monte Cristo, Tears of Heaven, Bonnie & Clyde, et al. Are any as good as Pimpernel?

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #130 on: August 02, 2012, 11:16:54 AM »

Just finalized all the shipping arrangements for the huge Follies poster - I'm doing the white glove service, which means they uncrated it, bring it into the house, and remove the crate.  It would cost even more for me to have someone come out here and remove the crate, so it's worth it.  I'm told it will be in LA on Tuesday, but then the white glove people won't deliver it until Thursday, most likely, but during a two-hour window so I don't have to wait around all day.

FJL

« Reply #131 on: August 02, 2012, 11:21:17 AM »

Right after Whitney Houston died, I listened to (actually watched on YouTube)  her recording of Frank Wildhorn's "Where Do Broken Hearts Go" a lot.  Some people consider that song shmaltzy, but I kept going back to it those few days.

FJL

« Reply #132 on: August 02, 2012, 11:25:52 AM »

Funny you mention "Where's the Girl." That is one song that ALWAYS reminds me of something I can't quite put my finger on, but it sounds like a mixture of several Barry Manilow songs—"Even Now" and "Could it Be Magic," and maybe something else as well. As a rabid Jimmy Webb fan, I didn't notice the "Up Up and Away" similarity, but I'll listen for that. One thing is for sure—"Where's the Girl" is derivative as hell!

I like "Into the Fire" a lot. Very passionate! Lyrically, it always makes me think of "Walk Through the Fire" from "Once More With Feeling," the Buffy the Vampire musical. Musically, though, it would fit perfectly in Les Miz. In fact, at the very end of the song, when he sings, "Onward ho!" I always substitute, "Jean Valjean!"

What would be the next logical Frank Wildhorn musical to discover? He seems to have hundreds of them! Jekyll & Hyde, Cyrano, Civil War, Dracula, Monte Cristo, Tears of Heaven, Bonnie & Clyde, et al. Are any as good as Pimpernel?

And to me, the mother of all "Fire" songs was the Chaka Khan recording "Through the Fire" - which I think never really set the charts on fire, but somehow seemed to be blasting on the speakers everywhere in New York during my single years. 

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #133 on: August 02, 2012, 11:26:55 AM »

I am looking for a real-life Lisbeth Salander - anyone know such a person?

John G.

« Reply #134 on: August 02, 2012, 11:47:23 AM »

I am looking for a real-life Lisbeth Salander - anyone know such a person?
Kristin Chenoweth is the right height. And she gets cast in everything.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #135 on: August 02, 2012, 11:49:32 AM »

And to me, the mother of all "Fire" songs was the Chaka Khan recording "Through the Fire" - which I think never really set the charts on fire, but somehow seemed to be blasting on the speakers everywhere in New York during my single years. 

Oh now, Fred, Chalka Khan wasn't even born during your single years!
“One thing’s universal,

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #136 on: August 02, 2012, 11:51:04 AM »

Real life Lisbeth - i.e. an expert in computers.

ChasSmith

« Reply #137 on: August 02, 2012, 11:52:48 AM »

Just received THE FLY!    :)

John G.

« Reply #138 on: August 02, 2012, 11:54:34 AM »

It's "Follies" at work. And I'm doing  my best not to sing along. I don't think  my coworkers would appreciate it. And "I'm Still Here"? Well, I don't think I would be.
― Voltaire

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #139 on: August 02, 2012, 11:56:05 AM »

I opened my FLY at once and enjoyed myself.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #140 on: August 02, 2012, 12:01:11 PM »

Just received THE FLY!    :)

So did I...and "Wallender" AND the Mel Brooks Collection on Blu-ray.  It was a Gold Box special, so I got it for about $20 less than what Amazon is selling it now.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #141 on: August 02, 2012, 12:02:40 PM »

~~~FEEL BETTER VIBES FOR EVERYONE!!~~~
[But especially Dan (the Man) and Ben!]
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #142 on: August 02, 2012, 12:03:54 PM »

BK, it looks like you made your "Vertigo" purchase at just the right time...‘Vertigo’ Beats Out ‘Citizen Kane’ As Best Movie of All Time!

The Critics’ Top 10 Greatest Films of All Time:

“Vertigo” (Hitchcock, 1958)
“Citizen Kane” (Welles, 1941)
“Tokyo Story” (Yasujiro Ozu, 1953)
“La Règle du jeu” (Jean Renoir, 1939)
“Sunrise: a Song for Two Humans” (F.W. Murnau, 1927)
“2001: A Space Odyssey” (Stanley Kubrick, 1968)
“The Searchers” (John Ford, 1956)
“Man with a Movie Camera” (Vertov, 1929)
“The Passion of Joan of Arc” (Dreyer, 1927)
“8½”(Federico Fellini, 1963)

Here are a couple more links.

Where is the movie that should top this list, CASABLANCA?

I don't know. :-\

George

« Reply #143 on: August 02, 2012, 12:04:01 PM »

Looks like the wonderful Chad Kimball will be doing an Outside the Box episode in a few weeks.

Cool!  He's from Seattle, you know. :D

Didn't he play Milky White?

Why, yes he did.

George

« Reply #144 on: August 02, 2012, 12:04:14 PM »

George

« Reply #145 on: August 02, 2012, 12:04:48 PM »

Cute! ;D

Matthew

• You there, why are you so late?
« Reply #146 on: August 02, 2012, 12:07:23 PM »

One of my best friends is getting married on Saturday. I'm doing the music of for the ceremony and the DP is making the cake. Sounds easy, huh?  Well, we're not really crazy about who she is marrying.  So, all our prep is quite the labor of.. what we don't know.  The DP is busy at work this week 12+ hour days, when he gets home, the last thing he wants to do is make a wedding cake for a wedding he's not crazy about to begin with.  Plus, the brides cake ideas were off the wall, which the DP isn't thrilled about.  I've been making the cake for the past few days while he's at work.  4 layers, each a different flavor.   Anyhow, bottom line, it will be great and his cake will be a masterpiece as usual.  The music for the ceremony will be lovely.

Oh, and we leave for Munich on Sunday evening.  It's been a week.

FJL

« Reply #147 on: August 02, 2012, 12:10:03 PM »

TCB, I think you're confusing Chaka Khan with famed Olympic skater Sasha Cohen, probably because some people used to sing Sasha Cohen's name to the "Chaka Khan" song.  It's a very logical mistake, TCB.

Chaka Khan is actually about seven years older than me.

FJL

« Reply #148 on: August 02, 2012, 12:12:56 PM »

I opened my FLY at once and enjoyed myself.

Family site, Jrand, please!

Let me gather the family around and repeat that to them!

George

« Reply #149 on: August 02, 2012, 12:13:25 PM »

TCB, I think you're confusing Chaka Khan with famed Olympic skater Sasha Cohen, probably because some people used to sing Sasha Cohen's name to the "Chaka Khan" song.  It's a very logical mistake, TCB.

Chaka Khan is actually about seven years older than me.

For a while, I didn't realize that when people referred to "Sasha Cohen," they weren't referring to Sacha Baron Cohen.

BIG difference.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9   Go Up