Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Down

Author Topic: AND ON THAT NOTE (A)  (Read 9725 times)

Cillaliz

Re: AND ON THAT NOTE (A)
« Reply #30 on: August 05, 2012, 09:02:06 AM »

Good morning.  It's a beautiful day here in Iowa. Right now it's 71, sunny sky and not too much humidity at all.  Yesterday was even more beautiful.

Cillaliz

« Reply #31 on: August 05, 2012, 09:02:56 AM »

I have a lot of windows open and the cats are enjoying going from window to window checking out their territory.   Soon they will be satisfied, find a warm spot in the sun and go to sleep

Druxy

• druxmanworks.com
« Reply #32 on: August 05, 2012, 09:03:42 AM »

So, last night we finished watching the final season of THE CLOSER on DVD (a review copy).

Since the final 2 episodes have not aired, I'm not going to be a Spoiler, but if you are a fan of the show, they are well worth watching.
You can dream…or you can do.

Cillaliz

« Reply #33 on: August 05, 2012, 09:04:31 AM »

Then I will pack up the bike in the RAV and take it to Sheels to get serviced.  I probably won't have it for a few days but I know it will be in working order when I get it

Cillaliz

« Reply #34 on: August 05, 2012, 09:05:03 AM »

Thanks for not spoiling DR Druxy.  There are many CLOSER fans here

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #35 on: August 05, 2012, 09:05:15 AM »

From DR Vixmom:
We have not flown in 4 years -  I was surprised (unpleasantly) to learn that we now have to pay for checked extra to check luggage - no free bags - that we had to pay to select our seats ( I did spring for the bulkhead seating though -  in for a penny in for a pound!) and that we needed to buy a new lock for the luggage that allows the TSA to open our luggage if they choose to inspect it

I am also not sure what to expect at security re body scans and pat downs/feel ups etc

Surprised!  I have to laugh.  This is example how we don't really pay attention unless something relates to us.  Discussions of luggage fees have been plentiful. 

Don't forget to take your shoes and belt off & put them in the box they give you.  Keep your eyes on your belongings & don't leave jewelry or other valuables visible.  Keith tucks his into the toes of his shoes.

If by chance you get pulled out for the body inspection don't stress about it.  It is almost funny.  I always do mine in the open though they offer you a private room.

Cillaliz

« Reply #36 on: August 05, 2012, 09:07:08 AM »

I'm going to look at exercise bikes while I'm at the mall.  My friends do long distance biking trips.  They are already talking about planning some short trips on flat land so I can get started with them, but I'm thinking I need to start getting my legs in shape and start building my stamina before I even try that

Cillaliz

« Reply #37 on: August 05, 2012, 09:08:30 AM »

Vixmom, you may have to go through the Xray thingy that people are so freaked out about.  I've done it several times and it doesn't bother me.  Plus it seems the people who do the x-ray don't get the individual search as often.

Cillaliz

« Reply #38 on: August 05, 2012, 09:10:21 AM »

If you have a lap top take it out of the bag and place it in it's own tray/box/whatever you call it.  You also have to take off any jackets.  It's really not that bad.

Cillaliz

« Reply #39 on: August 05, 2012, 09:11:25 AM »

Ok, time to get on with my day.  I also have to go to the office for at least a couple hours.  Want to do that now so I still have part of the day to enjoy

ChasSmith

« Reply #40 on: August 05, 2012, 09:15:45 AM »

My pathetic weed-ridden excuse for a yard has been duly mown.  Mowed?  Mown is right, isn't it?  The speller doesn't like it.

And my goodness, it's still hot and humid out there.  Still got a little weed-whacking to do before the outdoor portion of the day's toiling is done.

ChasSmith

« Reply #41 on: August 05, 2012, 09:27:49 AM »

I feel it's my duty to report that I just cleaned up the SPILLED ICED TEA from my desk.  It just missed the computer and some good papers. 

Been several months, maybe a year, since I've done that.  I guess it was long overdue.

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #42 on: August 05, 2012, 09:52:55 AM »

Since Follies is still on everyone's mind

Here is This Is Your Life---Alexis Smith

From the stage of the Shubert Theater during the curtain call of FOLLIES

http://youtu.be/SG92Qebo1XE

Jerry Blunt from LACC (Chairman of Drama Dept) is a guest

:)

Thanks for posting that, Mike.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

FJL

« Reply #43 on: August 05, 2012, 10:07:16 AM »

From DR Vixmom:
We have not flown in 4 years -  I was surprised (unpleasantly) to learn that we now have to pay for checked extra to check luggage - no free bags - that we had to pay to select our seats ( I did spring for the bulkhead seating though -  in for a penny in for a pound!) and that we needed to buy a new lock for the luggage that allows the TSA to open our luggage if they choose to inspect it

I am also not sure what to expect at security re body scans and pat downs/feel ups etc

Surprised!  I have to laugh.  This is example how we don't really pay attention unless something relates to us.  Discussions of luggage fees have been plentiful. 

Don't forget to take your shoes and belt off & put them in the box they give you.  Keep your eyes on your belongings & don't leave jewelry or other valuables visible.  Keith tucks his into the toes of his shoes.

If by chance you get pulled out for the body inspection don't stress about it.  It is almost funny.  I always do mine in the open though they offer you a private room.

when I got a full search because something set off the alarm, out in the open, I thought "well at least I'm here with a couple of friends rather than traveling alone"

« Last Edit: August 05, 2012, 10:09:58 AM by FJL »

Jane

« Reply #44 on: August 05, 2012, 10:16:36 AM »

Good morning, all.

Another order of elevator and a/c VIBES for DR Elmore!

Which brings us to:

Following two solid months of wonderfully solid performance, the eventually-to-be-replaced central a/c here popped its circuit breaker last night.  First time all season.  I reset it and it started up again, and it will most likely keep working that way, but I'll have to keep a closer eye on it and give it long breaks whenever possible.

I'm grateful, though.  I never dreamed I'd get these two excellent months out of it.  And at least it isn't a matter of waiting on landlords or management companies to get off the dime.  The whole replacement process can be done within a couple of days.  It only requires my taking a deep breath, picking up the phone, and committing to forking over........ $6,000. 

Or, as Tucker would exclaim in "The Ruling Class"....... six thousand smackers!

VIBES IT LAST THROUGH THE SEASON!!!

Jane

« Reply #45 on: August 05, 2012, 10:17:17 AM »

My glasses broke this morning so it's fortunate that I ordered a new pair last week, which I'm picking up on Friday. Until then, I'll stumble around trying not to bump into things.

Don't break anything besides your glasses!!!

Jane

« Reply #46 on: August 05, 2012, 10:18:01 AM »

Sunday morning greetings!  After my rough night on Friday, I am most grateful to have had a peaceful sleep last night.  We're having some much needed rain this morning.

I am looking forward to seeing Richard for the first time since we went our separate ways from Lima on July 20.  He's there this morning for church after being at Nashotah House (seminary in Wisconsin) these past 2 weeks.

A double good day for you :)

Jane

« Reply #47 on: August 05, 2012, 10:18:48 AM »

Speaking of weather, I wish it would rain and dry up this goddamned humidity. I thought I'd have a stroke carrying the laundry up three flights.

:(

Be very careful carrying it back down the stairs.

Jane

« Reply #48 on: August 05, 2012, 10:19:47 AM »

I leave for Munich in 14 hours.  Haven't done a thing yet to prepare and now I'm off to church for the morning.  I'm staring at my passport, so that is probably the only thing I'll really need!!!   Seriously though, it will take less than an hour to pack.  All the laundry is done, etc...  Filling the ipad and ipod with music and movies takes more time!!!

Have a wonderful time in Munich.  Keith really enjoyed the dark beer, and don't forget the Hitler walking tour is very interesting.

Jane

« Reply #49 on: August 05, 2012, 10:21:37 AM »

Speaking of passports.  Craig has yet to find his in any of the boxes that were in the storage unit.  He did find some money in a museum pamphlet, dollars, pounds & Czech-whatever that one is called.

He really needs his passport.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #50 on: August 05, 2012, 10:30:43 AM »

I just finished the new Lorenz Hart biography A Ship Without A Sail, and, for the first time, I have some sympathy for Richard Rodgers, who in most accounts of Hart's death and estate megillah is usually portrayed as the villain. This is really a dual biography of a partnership - without going into detals about Rodgers' life, his drinking problems or philandering - in which one partner expends his energies in moving his career forward to more success while the other uses the same energy in a downward spiral of alcoholism and self-destruction. 
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

FJL

« Reply #51 on: August 05, 2012, 10:35:16 AM »

I just finished the new Lorenz Hart biography A Ship Without A Sail, and, for the first time, I have some sympathy for Richard Rodgers, who in most accounts of Hart's death and estate megillah is usually portrayed as the villain. This is really a dual biography of a partnership - without going into detals about Rodgers' life, his drinking problems or philandering - in which one partner expends his energies in moving his career forward to more success while the other uses the same energy in a downward spiral of alcoholism and self-destruction. 

There are always two sides to every story.  Some people just have better public relations than others.

Jane

« Reply #52 on: August 05, 2012, 10:52:42 AM »

My sister could charm anyone if she set her mind to do so.

ArnoldMBrockman

• so many possibilities
« Reply #53 on: August 05, 2012, 11:12:52 AM »

BK

Whatever Happened To LISA RICHARD?

ChasSmith

« Reply #54 on: August 05, 2012, 11:22:46 AM »

Stuck on Page 2.

I was just wondering if it's time for....

ChasSmith

« Reply #55 on: August 05, 2012, 11:23:01 AM »

Pointless Posts.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #56 on: August 05, 2012, 11:26:49 AM »

I'm up, I'm up - I was up at seven-ffiteen, finally fell back asleep around eight-thirty and am just up now - so somewhere in there is eight or nine hours of sleep I think.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #57 on: August 05, 2012, 11:27:18 AM »

Haven't heard from Lisa in years - she was doing Mamma Mia forever on tour and in Vegas - maybe she's still doing it.

Ginny

« Reply #58 on: August 05, 2012, 11:45:42 AM »

Thunder 'n' lightning!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ginny

« Reply #59 on: August 05, 2012, 11:48:58 AM »

And rain!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Up