« Reply #61 on: September 15, 2012, 11:56:09 AM »

And my work here is done.

For now

Laters...
Make Your Own Luck.

Ginny

Re: TGIS
« Reply #62 on: September 15, 2012, 12:05:45 PM »

We are back from the Y and various errands and ready for some Mee-chigan football!

When we arrived at the Y, the parking lot was full but the doors were locked.  We could see people inside and a staff member came to the door to tell us that they were searching for a missing child and couldn't let anyone in or out until she/he was found.  We only had to wait a few minutes before they let us in and told us that a parent had taken said child out of a karate class and not informed anyone in charge.  Whew!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #63 on: September 15, 2012, 12:15:16 PM »

Up from a nap and all I want to do is nap some more, but the telephonic device decided I had slept enough.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #64 on: September 15, 2012, 12:42:15 PM »

DR MBarnum - As for me riding the T for the first time yesterday... Well... Do you have any plans to ride the T for the first time?

How do you know that I haven't already done so?

In fact, how do I know that I haven't already done so?

Oh, I think we would know!

« Last Edit: September 15, 2012, 12:44:10 PM by elmore3003 »
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #65 on: September 15, 2012, 12:47:15 PM »

I am home, the apartment is vacuumed and I am waiting for my friend Alex to arrive. Perhaps we will go to Good Enough To Eat, my fave Upper West Side joint for dinner.

I needed to stop at the bank at 86th Street on my way home, and as I walked down Broadway, I ran into my friend Roberta and baritone Kyle Guglielmo who is so wonderful as Curly in the North Carolina School of the arts production of  OKLAHOMA!

And I am halfway through the proof of "The Eccentricities of Davy Crockett." Thank God!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #66 on: September 15, 2012, 12:49:26 PM »

4000 redcoats?
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Michael

« Reply #67 on: September 15, 2012, 01:50:08 PM »

good afternoon from montreal
Never stop dreaming.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #68 on: September 15, 2012, 01:50:47 PM »

Off to performance #3 of SEE HOW THEY RUN!!!
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

John G.

« Reply #69 on: September 15, 2012, 02:02:49 PM »

Off to performance #3 of SEE HOW THEY RUN!!!
More break-a-leg vibes.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #70 on: September 15, 2012, 02:09:04 PM »

Change of plans - too darn hot to comp vocals at the engineer's non-air conditioned abode, so we'll begin that during the evening this week.  I did hear some of the rough mixes and it does sound really good.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #71 on: September 15, 2012, 02:09:15 PM »

I had a sandwich and no fries.

Jennifer

« Reply #72 on: September 15, 2012, 02:22:00 PM »

I just came back from the Smart Chicks book tour. It was pretty fun. Lots of great female authors (two of which are favorites of mine). But unfortunately those two were the most popular and had separate lines. So after i'd already waited in line I had to re-wait twice. And I did so in the wrong order (picked my favorite author last and her line was the longest). So i ended up having to wait a while. But it was still fun.

Got some nice pictures. Thankfully I looked at the pics that were taken (they had someone there taking pics with your camera) while I was waiting in line. They were not good.

So i re-took a few and those were much better. The problem was the authors were behind the table and you were supposed to lean back. But if you are a foot ahead, and the author is 100 lbs. Then you end up looking like a big blimp.

So thankfully for my two favorite authors they let me go beside them. And those pictures came out really well.

Jennifer

« Reply #73 on: September 15, 2012, 02:23:28 PM »

I am hungry.

Jennifer

« Reply #74 on: September 15, 2012, 02:23:57 PM »

Tomorrow is my niece's birthday party. So i think i have to be at a mini golf place at around 9:30pm.

John G.

« Reply #75 on: September 15, 2012, 02:49:07 PM »

I just came back from the Smart Chicks book tour. It was pretty fun. Lots of great female authors (two of which are favorites of mine). But unfortunately those two were the most popular and had separate lines. So after i'd already waited in line I had to re-wait twice. And I did so in the wrong order (picked my favorite author last and her line was the longest). So i ended up having to wait a while. But it was still fun.

Got some nice pictures. Thankfully I looked at the pics that were taken (they had someone there taking pics with your camera) while I was waiting in line. They were not good.

So i re-took a few and those were much better. The problem was the authors were behind the table and you were supposed to lean back. But if you are a foot ahead, and the author is 100 lbs. Then you end up looking like a big blimp.

So thankfully for my two favorite authors they let me go beside them. And those pictures came out really well.

So, where are the pix? And who are the authors?
― Voltaire

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #76 on: September 15, 2012, 03:44:32 PM »

Good Evening!

Well... I didn't end up riding around the Charles River Basin, but I did bike back from Cambridge.
Make Your Own Luck.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #77 on: September 15, 2012, 03:44:50 PM »

I'm contemplating heading back towards the Charles River and taking the bike path around the Charles River Basin. It's a 14-mile loop, which, frankly, doesn't seem as long a trek as it used to be. :)

:)

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #78 on: September 15, 2012, 03:45:08 PM »

And I called my Auntie Tess in Seattle. I don't think I've seen her in about 20 years. I'm looking forward to seeing her next week.
Make Your Own Luck.

KevinH

« Reply #79 on: September 15, 2012, 03:45:20 PM »

We're having beautiful weather in the DC area the last few days.   I hope the 90+ degree days are over for the year.

Jane

« Reply #80 on: September 15, 2012, 03:47:14 PM »

One thing that I have noticed over the past 24 hours here in Boston is that there are an abundance of people who seem to lose all sense of personal space and common courtesy when waiting in lines for food. There was a family in front of me at Flour who were hugging very close to the table which acted like a divider for the lines to the cash register. They just stood in one spot while the line cleared a bit in front of them and began to build up behind them. I kindly asked them if they could move up a bit to help the line keep moving, and both the mother and the daughers proceeded to give me "that" look. And then anytime that I moved my bike out of the way for other people in line, they just continued to give me "that" look.

And then when I went to put my name on the list for a table at City Girl Cafe, this other woman who had come in after me, proceeded to give her name first. Thankfully, the hostess/waitress noticed that I had been their first, and put my name first in the queue. I even offered to go ahead and be seated after her and her friend since I was dining solo, but she went ahead and called my name before theirs. *And when their names were called, the hostess brought them inside, and then the manager reminded the waitress that they were saving the two tables for a larger party who had been waiting for a while. So, they had to go back to waiting... And were seated about 15 minutes later. -Karma, baby. Karma.

When we lived outside the Boston area I was always impressed with how polite the people were, until they got into their cars.  Things have apparently changed or they were tourists.

Jane

« Reply #81 on: September 15, 2012, 03:49:10 PM »

The problem was the authors were behind the table and you were supposed to lean back. But if you are a foot ahead, and the author is 100 lbs. Then you end up looking like a big blimp.

;D

I'm glad you had such a nice, and successful day. 

Jane

« Reply #82 on: September 15, 2012, 03:49:26 PM »

Tomorrow is my niece's birthday party. So i think i have to be at a mini golf place at around 9:30pm.

Have fun.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #83 on: September 15, 2012, 03:50:03 PM »

I also called my Auntie Ronnie who lives here in Boston - well, in Brookline...

My mom had called her a couple of weeks ago to tell her that I was coming up to Boston for a weekend. I know I probably should have called her before I came up, but, well... ??? So...

When I called her earlier, I asked if "Ronnie" was there. Well... Apparently, I should have asked if "Auntie Ronnie" was there.  Hmmm... In any case...

She called me back a few minutes later after checking with her husband, Uncle Bruce, and we're going to meet for brunch tomorrow before they head to their house on Gloucester for a few days.

Now I'm just trying to figure out if I should pick a place to eat - she said we could eat wherever - or leave it up to her and Uncle Bruce.

Spoo.
Make Your Own Luck.

Jane

« Reply #84 on: September 15, 2012, 03:50:24 PM »

I've been out all day doing errands and searching for an outfit for my nieces wedding.  I was not successful.  Finding a formal sundress isn't easy.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #85 on: September 15, 2012, 03:50:38 PM »

It is, I believe, about 103 degrees in the shade.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #86 on: September 15, 2012, 03:50:51 PM »

Gave the motor car a bath, and picked up one package.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #87 on: September 15, 2012, 03:53:46 PM »

One thing that I have noticed over the past 24 hours here in Boston is that there are an abundance of people who seem to lose all sense of personal space and common courtesy when waiting in lines for food. There was a family in front of me at Flour who were hugging very close to the table which acted like a divider for the lines to the cash register. They just stood in one spot while the line cleared a bit in front of them and began to build up behind them. I kindly asked them if they could move up a bit to help the line keep moving, and both the mother and the daughers proceeded to give me "that" look. And then anytime that I moved my bike out of the way for other people in line, they just continued to give me "that" look.

And then when I went to put my name on the list for a table at City Girl Cafe, this other woman who had come in after me, proceeded to give her name first. Thankfully, the hostess/waitress noticed that I had been their first, and put my name first in the queue. I even offered to go ahead and be seated after her and her friend since I was dining solo, but she went ahead and called my name before theirs. *And when their names were called, the hostess brought them inside, and then the manager reminded the waitress that they were saving the two tables for a larger party who had been waiting for a while. So, they had to go back to waiting... And were seated about 15 minutes later. -Karma, baby. Karma.

When we lived outside the Boston area I was always impressed with how polite the people were, until they got into their cars.  Things have apparently changed or they were tourists.

The people here have been very nice, and also very respectful and aware of bike riders - at least on the routes I've been on.

I believe the family at the bakery this morning was there for a wedding weekend breakfast. There were about seven of them total. They had even called ahead and had seven of Flour's famous Sticky Sticky Buns set aside for them. I think they were just sort of in their own world. Their happiness had sort of blinded them. ::)

As for the woman at the brunch spot, well... The place is popular, and I guess she thought I was with the party who had given their name ahead of her. And I guess I could have been a bit more aggressive when it came to speaking up when the hostess came to take people's names. Maybe. ::)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #88 on: September 15, 2012, 03:54:50 PM »

I am hungry.

I'm not. ;)

Although, I will be meeting a friend in about 30 minutes for dinner in Chinatown.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #89 on: September 15, 2012, 03:55:06 PM »

Oh....

Hey lookee here...
Make Your Own Luck.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up