Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Down

Author Topic: TEAL AND ORANGE  (Read 41456 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
Re: TEAL AND ORANGE
« Reply #120 on: September 19, 2012, 02:44:06 PM »

Back from a 600 calorie lunch at the Daily Grill, picking up a couple of packages, and am now updating the iPhone to its new operating system.  Once I'm done with that, I'll do other work, then rehearse, then comp vocals.  The Outside The Box shoot is confirmed for a week from Thursday and Friday - doing two episodes.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #121 on: September 19, 2012, 02:58:23 PM »

!!!!!

PAGE

FIVE

!!!!!

« Last Edit: September 19, 2012, 03:04:46 PM by JoseSPiano »
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #122 on: September 19, 2012, 03:11:54 PM »

Jose, I asked my more savvy-photo friends, and they all said that The Observation Deck of the Space  Needle is probably the best place to get photos of the mountain and the City - If it is a clear day!

When I headed out earlier, I ended up biking up to the Seattle Center and just riding around the ground taking pics along the way. The sun had come out, but there was still a lot of cloud cover. Strangely(?) enough, I didn't feel like heading up to the top anyway. ???
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #123 on: September 19, 2012, 03:12:28 PM »

Now I'm just waiting for my Uncle to come pick me up. He should be here soon. In the meantime....
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #124 on: September 19, 2012, 03:12:42 PM »

DR DakotaCelt - Nice handiwork.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #125 on: September 19, 2012, 03:19:17 PM »

And I'm going to go ahead and get ready for my Uncle's arrival.

Laters...
Make Your Own Luck.

Laura

« Reply #126 on: September 19, 2012, 03:28:00 PM »

DR Elmore's birthday treat was calling me on the telephone today. I haven't chatted with Elmore in forever, and it was wonderful to here his cantankerous voice again. I let him abuse and insult me for almost 30 minutes, and now he feels much better about being older than dirt.

Love you Larry!  ;D

Laura likes this.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #127 on: September 19, 2012, 03:30:55 PM »

DR Elmore's birthday treat was calling me on the telephone today. I haven't chatted with Elmore in forever, and it was wonderful to here his cantankerous voice again. I let him abuse and insult me for almost 30 minutes, and now he feels much better about being older than dirt.

Love you Larry!  ;D

ROTFLMAO!
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #128 on: September 19, 2012, 03:33:59 PM »

Love you Larry!  ;D

ROTFLMAO!

DITTO!! :D
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #129 on: September 19, 2012, 03:36:56 PM »

From DR Ginny:
We had a call a few days ago from a PAC inviting us to work a phone bank.  We declined.

I understand an invite, but to try to bully someone into volunteering is not a good idea. ;D

Bullying is a strong word.  Was it truly "bullying"? 

Bullying = Use superior strength or influence to intimidate (someone), typically to force him or her to do what one wants.

When they made the first call, were they told they were barking up the wrong tree? 

Someone obviously presumed her to be a Democrat rather than a supporter of another party altogether.  It's highly unusual for anyone to call back after being told no, and certainly they are less likely to call a declared anti-Democrat once that sentiment is made clear.

Register once for any party and they never leave you alone.  In our house we get hit by both sides.

Sometimes I feel like the people who call for survey's are bulling me into it, or extremely insistent.   I have found the one & only advantage to my hearing problem, I tell them I can't hear to carry on a conversation & they get right off.

Jane

« Reply #130 on: September 19, 2012, 03:37:53 PM »

:)  ;D

Jane

« Reply #131 on: September 19, 2012, 03:43:10 PM »

I just finished dusting & oiling just about everything I could reach and now they are running equipment again.  I shut the sliding door to the deck where they are working.

I'm having peanut butter on celery.  When I'm finished my break will be over & I will begin windexing.

MBarnum

« Reply #132 on: September 19, 2012, 03:53:12 PM »

All the political calls I get are recorded. Easy to hang up on those.

Now, surveys are another matter...I am more than happy to take the time to take a survey.

Matthew

• You there, why are you so late?
« Reply #133 on: September 19, 2012, 03:57:18 PM »

Happy Birthday, DR Elmore :)

Matthew

• You there, why are you so late?
« Reply #134 on: September 19, 2012, 03:57:25 PM »

And that's all I got

Jane

« Reply #135 on: September 19, 2012, 03:59:00 PM »

Dang, the mail was late today.  I should walk down but I'm sooo tired.  I think I'll drive.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #136 on: September 19, 2012, 03:59:44 PM »

This is my first time signing in here on my new laptop.  I sent the one that wouldn't work back to the factory, andthen ordered a new one with 15 inch screen.  I decided I really didn't want a 17" laptop.  Since I am new to this laptop, I can now blame all spelling errors on this gadget.
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #137 on: September 19, 2012, 04:00:09 PM »

Good Day...

I did have a piece of fiber art that was installed, taken down, and reinstalled last week. It was part of the Knit Broadway project where people made sleeves for the light posts in downtown Fargo. Sadly, some miscreants marred this project by stealing or vandalizing some of the sleeves. It was sad to see this done to a someone's hard work.

Here is a closeup of the one i did:

My thesis is now up on Proquest in its disquisition database...

You did this, Dakota?  I am most impressed.

Yes, I did... Thank you!
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #138 on: September 19, 2012, 04:05:02 PM »

The sleeve was made with old shirts and an old curtain...
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #139 on: September 19, 2012, 04:10:33 PM »

This is my first time signing in here on my new laptop.  I sent the one that wouldn't work back to the factory, andthen ordered a new one with 15 inch screen.  I decided I really didn't want a 17" laptop.  Since I am new to this laptop, I can now blame all spelling errors on this gadget.

Congrats, Tom!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

KevinH

« Reply #140 on: September 19, 2012, 04:24:29 PM »

Last night I went to see the wonderful Ramin Karimloo at the "Birchmere" (I imagine DR Jose is familiar with it) in Alexandria (Va.).   He did a very eclectic mix of songs --everything from bluegrass to gospel to country to rock to Broadway. He also played the electric banjo and guitar.  I had read that he hasn't been performing the song I first heard him sing, "Till I Hear You Sing," from Love Never Dies, so I knew not to expect it.   I do prefer his singing of Broadway songs to other types, and he was great on "Bring Him Home" and "Music of the Night."  He also sang a song from Ragtime, which I didn't really know, but enjoyed.   

Here's what he didn't sing:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uHKT6xU1Mrc

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #141 on: September 19, 2012, 04:31:11 PM »

Last night I went to see the wonderful Ramin Karimloo at the "Birchmere" (I imagine DR Jose is familiar with it) in Alexandria (Va.).   He did a very eclectic mix of songs --everything from bluegrass to gospel to country to rock to Broadway. He also played the electric banjo and guitar.  I had read that he hasn't been performing the song I first heard him sing, "Till I Hear You Sing," from Love Never Dies, so I knew not to expect it.   I do prefer his singing of Broadway songs to other types, and he was great on "Bring Him Home" and "Music of the Night."  He also sang a song from Ragtime, which I didn't really know, but enjoyed.   

Here's what he didn't sing:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uHKT6xU1Mrc

I prefer this version.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oi0OS3nbe98&feature=related

“One thing’s universal,

FJL

« Reply #142 on: September 19, 2012, 04:41:44 PM »

Happy birthday to dear Larry!

FJL

« Reply #143 on: September 19, 2012, 04:45:31 PM »

Sorry for being E&T. 

Jane

« Reply #144 on: September 19, 2012, 05:00:52 PM »

DR TCB I hope you are very happy with your new laptop.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #145 on: September 19, 2012, 05:05:55 PM »

DR TCB I hope you are very happy with your new laptop.

Thank you.
“One thing’s universal,

Jane

« Reply #146 on: September 19, 2012, 05:07:36 PM »

Keith uses the Windex more than I do because I'm allergic to it.   When the spray top came loose and the bottom part with the windex fell and spilled it also splattered all over my face, in my eye and in my mouth.  Yuck!

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #147 on: September 19, 2012, 05:15:04 PM »

Love you Larry!  ;D

ROTFLMAO!!!!

Pig.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #148 on: September 19, 2012, 05:16:13 PM »

Happy Birthday, DR Elmore :)

Thank you, DR Matthew!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #149 on: September 19, 2012, 05:17:47 PM »

Happy birthday to dear Larry!

Thanks, Fred!
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Up