Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10   Go Down

Author Topic: YOU CAN FOOL SOME OF THE PEOPLE SOME OF THE TIME  (Read 48449 times)

Ginny

Re: YOU CAN FOOL SOME OF THE PEOPLE SOME OF THE TIME
« Reply #150 on: September 21, 2012, 01:20:32 PM »

DR Jane, the doctor was really nagging ME about Richard's weight as much as mine, which kind of ticked me off.  He barely commented on my fantastic cholesterol numbers or anything else.  Oh, and he told me I have to have a colonoscopy, which I already knew.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #151 on: September 21, 2012, 01:21:04 PM »

I wonder how many restaurants we can eat at in one day?

I am trying to decide between Lebanese, Ethiopian, Chinese, and Irish. And Then we have the dessert places.

Wear your stretchy pants, Jose!

No stretchy pants needed. That's what my bike is for. In fact, I think I may have dropped a pound or two while I was in Boston due to all the biking I did. And the hills in Seattle helped me to "break even". ;)
Make Your Own Luck.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #152 on: September 21, 2012, 01:22:53 PM »

Back from a bacon cheeseburger and no fries or onion rings, and picking up one package but no important envelope, which is irritating - hopefully that will arrive tomorrow.  We now have three of our eight ensemble members cast - three gals - all named Heather.  My decree has been for the fourth gal to also be named Heather.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #153 on: September 21, 2012, 01:24:30 PM »

Both George and I shuddered thinking about what strange meals Mr. Barnum and DR Jose will sample in Portland on Saturday!

:)

Surprisingly enough, I believe there may be some foods that DR MBarnum may have already tried that I haven't and/or won't. It's not that I'm not that adventurous, but there are certain foods which I kind of avoid since their only value is one of "curiosity" rather than "nutritional".
Make Your Own Luck.

MBarnum

« Reply #154 on: September 21, 2012, 01:24:37 PM »

Hmmm...can't seem to find any good dance numbers on youtube that feature Tarun Khanna, only just scenes from a 2005 "C" grade Hindi film he did (and probably wants to forget) titled TOPLESS.

Warning: graphic shirtless musical number featuring hot Punjabi actor.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PK5nz23wx68

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #155 on: September 21, 2012, 01:24:59 PM »

OH!

PAGE SIX!!!!!!
Make Your Own Luck.

MBarnum

« Reply #156 on: September 21, 2012, 01:25:27 PM »

everything I eat is nutritional.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #157 on: September 21, 2012, 01:27:04 PM »

DR MBarnum - Do you have a bicycle? Or want to rent one? It could be nice just riding from place to place.

And then I could "accidentally" lose you along the way if needed.

::)
Make Your Own Luck.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #158 on: September 21, 2012, 01:29:10 PM »

MBarnum..

Your idea for eating places sounds interesting. I have actually had Lebanese and Ethiopian food!
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #159 on: September 21, 2012, 01:29:47 PM »

Happy Birthday Dear Laura...

I hope you have a day filled with butterflies flitting around you...
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #160 on: September 21, 2012, 01:33:09 PM »

DR Jane, the doctor was really nagging ME about Richard's weight as much as mine, which kind of ticked me off.  He barely commented on my fantastic cholesterol numbers or anything else.  Oh, and he told me I have to have a colonoscopy, which I already knew.

Was Richard with you?  If not, nagging you doesn't do much good. 

Congratulations on your fantastic cholesterol numbers!!!

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #161 on: September 21, 2012, 01:34:50 PM »

Debating what my viewing will consist of later... I am continuing my avoidance of network or cable television due to the negative political ads...

Maybe something on PBS or hmmmm I have a number of documentaries on vhs tapes and a mystery vhs tape as the writing on teh label has faded. I have no clue what is on the tape....

I am just about done with Roots and I have already seen Roots: The Next Generation.

CAme across on tape and wondered why I kept a badly done tv movie... No Gregory, Tom, Harrison, Matt or Colin in it

Maybe i will watch Pride and Prejudice... Colin Firth was quite dashing as the dashing Mr. Darcy...

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #162 on: September 21, 2012, 01:35:25 PM »

Ginny, Onward and upward...

Great news on your cholesterol control

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #163 on: September 21, 2012, 01:36:29 PM »

I was pleasantly surprised to see Gregory Harrison shirtless in Centennial....He was flexing his muscles swinging an axe

Ginny

« Reply #164 on: September 21, 2012, 01:36:59 PM »

TOD - We've received THE GIRL WITH THE DRAGON TATTOO from Netflix.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #165 on: September 21, 2012, 01:38:34 PM »

I thought it was rather interesting that both Pernell roberts and Gregory Harrison were in Centennial as they were both working on Trapper John, MD...

MBarnum

« Reply #166 on: September 21, 2012, 01:38:47 PM »

I don't do bicycles, DR Jose. I have a drivers license.

MBarnum

« Reply #167 on: September 21, 2012, 01:39:41 PM »

Pernells Roberts had quite the lust-crush on my interviewee Cal Bolder, back when Cal appeared on Bonanza.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #168 on: September 21, 2012, 01:46:37 PM »

...and I have a Chocolatine from Le Panier and Double-Trouble and and Apple Fritter from Top Pot in my carry-on.

Oh, my arteries!
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #169 on: September 21, 2012, 01:47:10 PM »

Pernells Roberts had quite the lust-crush on my interviewee Cal Bolder, back when Cal appeared on Bonanza.

What's this?  Has Pernell been outed?  I had no idea.
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #170 on: September 21, 2012, 01:49:56 PM »

For DR Jose and anyone else who may have noticed in last nights' photos from Seattle:

"Monkey" is a lot smaller than I thought.   Was he sick as a monkette?

Monkey never gets sicks. Sometimes a little "pill'd", but never sick.

I bet he's most "pill'd" after his baths.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #171 on: September 21, 2012, 01:51:05 PM »

...and I have a Chocolatine from Le Panier and Double-Trouble and and Apple Fritter from Top Pot in my carry-on.

Oh, my arteries!

DR Ron Pulliam - Does this mean we won't be going to La Farine when I'm in San Francisco?
Make Your Own Luck.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #172 on: September 21, 2012, 01:53:25 PM »

In the scenes of Centennial that had Pernall Roberts, he looked darn sharp in his military uniform. I believe he is in episode 4 or 5 of Centennial.

Someone from the netherlands put up the entire mini-series on youtube...
« Last Edit: September 21, 2012, 01:56:05 PM by DakotaCelt »

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #173 on: September 21, 2012, 01:55:36 PM »

I will say Anthony Zerbe is a good actor but he tends to play nasty, creepy con-artist type characters...

He played Mervin Wendell to the hilt. Robert Vaughn can play slimey quite well. Morgan Wendell in Centennial is quite the snake...

Jane

« Reply #174 on: September 21, 2012, 01:59:53 PM »

Old news ;)

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #175 on: September 21, 2012, 02:00:48 PM »

I found it interesting that Clint Ritchie used a completely different accent in his role as Messmore Garrett in Centennial as compared to his role on OLTL,  Clint Buchanan.

Did you know that when OLTL did a story using an old west theme, they filmed at Old Tucson and Clint provided some of the horses for the show.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #176 on: September 21, 2012, 02:08:43 PM »

Hmmm...can't seem to find any good dance numbers on youtube that feature Tarun Khanna, only just scenes from a 2005 "C" grade Hindi film he did (and probably wants to forget) titled TOPLESS.

Warning: graphic shirtless musical number featuring hot Punjabi actor.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PK5nz23wx68

Thank you for not posting the 7-minute "Light My Fire" version.
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #177 on: September 21, 2012, 02:11:28 PM »

Nor did I!
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

Jane

« Reply #178 on: September 21, 2012, 02:18:48 PM »

DR Laura since I did make it to your HHW birthday party....

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #179 on: September 21, 2012, 02:19:01 PM »

I have a few observations of Centennial where I felt they were weak..

1. A scene in the first episode where Pasquinel visits Fort Osage and a woman is playing a keyboard and flags pop up that have 48 stars.... There were not 48 states in 1820

2. the aging makeup for Levi Zendt and a few other characters was a bit inconsistent.... However, I have to keep in mind, this was 1979 and makeup techniques have changed since then. It looked worse on some of the men than it did the women.  I also thought they Stephen McHattie was  a little too dark skinned to being part-Indian, part French. He had quite the range of skin tones.

3. Some of the military uniforms were a little inaccurate for the 1840s

4. Some scenes showed sun and some showed clouds and in some edited scenes you can really tell that the shots were filmed on different days even if the scene is supposed to be the same day

5. Some of the saddles were too modern for the 19th century

6. One scene had Lucinda wearing nylon type stockings and they did not exist at that time... that may be a costuming goof...
« Last Edit: September 21, 2012, 02:21:41 PM by DakotaCelt »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10   Go Up