Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Down

Author Topic: YES, WE HAVE NO BANANAS  (Read 19486 times)

TCB

• Because I can!
Re: YES, WE HAVE NO BANANAS
« Reply #120 on: October 17, 2012, 05:20:13 PM »

Page 5!
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #121 on: October 17, 2012, 05:21:41 PM »

So, in the midst of the stress week over the upcoming job interview, I get an email from my current employer  saying something to the effect that since my last day of employment is Friday, just make sure I fill out my time sheet one last time and it'll be processed next Tuesday.

Huh? HUH??? WTF????

No answer from anyone for hours. My supervisor finally got out of meetings and was shocked and mystified, too.

Then the woman from my employer finally calls back. "Oh, we have the wrong John. Sorry."

That's about it. She repeated it three times. But that was it.

Sorry.

I am glad it turned out to be a mistake, John.
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #122 on: October 17, 2012, 05:23:10 PM »

~~~~~~~~Guest removal vibes to DR Matthew!~~~~~~~~
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #123 on: October 17, 2012, 05:24:21 PM »

~~~~~~~~Guest removal vibes to DR Matthew!~~~~~~~~

I hope it isn't your mother-in-law!
“One thing’s universal,

Matthew

• You there, why are you so late?
« Reply #124 on: October 17, 2012, 05:24:35 PM »

So ... is your houseguest a human, Matthew? Or perhaps an unwanted animal or insect?

Human.  Old school friend of the DP.  Well, 20 years ago anyway.  Thanks to Facebook, they re-connected - well, sorta - it's a hot mess.  It's one of those situations where it's the DP's friend and I really don't need to be his friend.  But I've been "left" with him since Monday, and I feel my space has been violated, etc... I just don't feel the need to be-friend him. 

Matthew

« Reply #125 on: October 17, 2012, 05:25:05 PM »

I know, real Christian of me.  But as they say, God helps them who helps themselves. 

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #126 on: October 17, 2012, 05:49:48 PM »

I know, real Christian of me.  But as they say, God helps them who helps themselves. 

But then as Shakespeare wrote:  To thine own self be true.

;)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #127 on: October 17, 2012, 06:16:40 PM »

So ... is your houseguest a human, Matthew? Or perhaps an unwanted animal or insect?

Human.  Old school friend of the DP.  Well, 20 years ago anyway.  Thanks to Facebook, they re-connected - well, sorta - it's a hot mess.  It's one of those situations where it's the DP's friend and I really don't need to be his friend.  But I've been "left" with him since Monday, and I feel my space has been violated, etc... I just don't feel the need to be-friend him. 

It sounds like you just haven't clicked with him and yet you are the one entertaining him, which I can imagine is uncomfortable. 

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #128 on: October 17, 2012, 06:18:15 PM »

“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #129 on: October 17, 2012, 06:19:30 PM »

Can't you find a reason to be out of the house?
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

Ginny

« Reply #130 on: October 17, 2012, 06:20:35 PM »

Oops, forgot to log out earlier.  I went to session on improving your presentation skills, then to the opening reception, then to P. F. Chang's for dinner.  In for the night.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

John G.

« Reply #131 on: October 17, 2012, 06:20:52 PM »

Shall I give a clew for the new release?  "Hey, layyyydeee."
Call Me, Mister?
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #132 on: October 17, 2012, 06:22:01 PM »

Time for that cocktail and a tonic. Watching "Dreamgirls" on DVD. It may work better on the small screen. There is some good stuff in this movie.
― Voltaire

Matthew

« Reply #133 on: October 17, 2012, 06:29:58 PM »

It sounds like you just haven't clicked with him and yet you are the one entertaining him, which I can imagine is uncomfortable. 

DR Jane.  He is all drama and ignorance.  I don't need that in my life.  He's a little too comfortable in my house.  I'm very uncomfortable with how comfortable he is in my house.  And it's not my place to tell him that.

Matthew

« Reply #134 on: October 17, 2012, 06:30:30 PM »

And I think he's hogging bandwidth...

John G.

« Reply #135 on: October 17, 2012, 06:33:50 PM »

Oh, no. Not that. I'd have him booked into a Motel Six faster than you could say, "Bitch slap that hog."  :D
― Voltaire

Jane

« Reply #136 on: October 17, 2012, 06:34:41 PM »

DR Jane.  He is all drama and ignorance.  I don't need that in my life.  He's a little too comfortable in my house.  I'm very uncomfortable with how comfortable he is in my house.  And it's not my place to tell him that.

Some people are very good at making themselves comfortable ;)

Isn't he going out and doing things?  Were is he from?

Matthew

« Reply #137 on: October 17, 2012, 06:44:12 PM »

Some people are very good at making themselves comfortable ;)

Isn't he going out and doing things?  Were is he from?

He's from Pennsylvania.  Broke as anything.  Won't go into SF alone, and didn't want to go when I offered to take him in on Monday.  DP said he'd be fine on his own, and I wouldn't have to worry about him, but he hasn't left the couch since Monday afternoon.  (and eating our food, using our internet, tv, etc)  If the DP and him had a better friendship, I would feel different, but the DP is flippant about it as he's not here all day.  I can tell he wishes he weren't here either.  But since he has no (excuse this) BALLS to do anything about it, we are stuck.  I certainly am not in the position to do anything either, I don't know him and really don't need to.  (I believe I've said that before a few times)

Matthew

« Reply #138 on: October 17, 2012, 06:45:25 PM »

Oh, no. Not that. I'd have him booked into a Motel Six faster than you could say, "Bitch slap that hog."  :D

I'm not spending a dime on him.  I've already provided him with food, shelter and INTERNET.  And he's broke

Jane

« Reply #139 on: October 17, 2012, 06:55:52 PM »

Wow, he spent the money to fly out to you from PA just to sit in your place all day!!!!

I can understand not wanting to go to SF on his own, especially if he doesn't have any money, but passing on a free ride.  Something is wrong with him.

Have you seen his return ticket home ;)

Jane

« Reply #140 on: October 17, 2012, 06:56:23 PM »

What day is he leaving?

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #141 on: October 17, 2012, 07:08:44 PM »

What day is he leaving?

Is he planning on leaving??
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #142 on: October 17, 2012, 07:09:53 PM »

Finished watching a lovely documentary.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #143 on: October 17, 2012, 07:13:56 PM »

What day is he leaving?

Is he planning on leaving??

Does he have a place to go home to?
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #144 on: October 17, 2012, 07:20:17 PM »

Why would anyone fly cross country if they were flat broke?  I would suspect he has no intention of going back to PA.  Sorry Matthew, just my opinion.
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #145 on: October 17, 2012, 07:23:24 PM »

Bedtime for Bozzo!

G'night!
“One thing’s universal,

Laura

« Reply #146 on: October 17, 2012, 07:42:45 PM »

Matthew, I am sorry to say that you are a victim of a couch-surfer. He probably has no intention of leaving until he is forced. In fact, he may be looking for his next couch on Facebook right now, so that he has a place to go to when you give him the boot.

Don't ask me how I know this.
"Your lucky number is 7. You will soar to great heights. Be sure to ride The Cyclone."
                                           -- The Amazing Karnak

John G.

« Reply #147 on: October 17, 2012, 07:45:52 PM »

I'm not spending a dime on him.  I've already provided him with food, shelter and INTERNET.  And he's broke
You've done your duty. I would just leave him alone. But make sure he's not online.
― Voltaire

ChasSmith

« Reply #148 on: October 17, 2012, 07:50:27 PM »

VIBES that DR Matthew finds a speedy resolution to his Couch Situation.

Of all the things I would not like to have, one of the top contenders is a Couch Situation.

Laura

« Reply #149 on: October 17, 2012, 07:50:49 PM »

"Your lucky number is 7. You will soar to great heights. Be sure to ride The Cyclone."
                                           -- The Amazing Karnak
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Up