Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6   Go Down

Author Topic: STUFFED  (Read 16672 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
STUFFED
« on: November 23, 2012, 12:05:30 AM »

Well, you've read the notes, the notes were stuffed, and now it is time for you to post until the stuffed cows come home.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
Re: STUFFED
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2012, 12:06:29 AM »

And the word of the day is: ELYSIAN!

Ben

« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2012, 04:06:20 AM »

Morning all.

That is all.

Ben

« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2012, 04:07:50 AM »

We had a very nice Thanksgiving with lots and lots of food. It went on from 1pm to 9pm. As we were driving home we passed a Walmart and saw the hordes looking to purchase more stuff they don't need. Ugh!

Ben

« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2012, 04:10:33 AM »

We have no plans for today. We may venture out (I need to pick up my replacement phone). We may visit our friend, Alfred. Or, we may just stay in and watch Lady Be Good (Eleanor Powell) and Second Chorus (Fred Astaire and Paulette Goddard). We will eat more food and we will break into the Sour Cream Raisin pie which Rose makes for me every year since we don't have a Baker's Square in New York.

That's it, my friends. Happy Black Friday to those who celebrate it ;)

BTW, today was back to normal, oatmeal, walnuts, cranberries, cinnamon and coffee.

Laura

« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2012, 05:00:26 AM »

Good morning. I am still full from yesterday.  I boiled the bones overnight, so this morning when the mess cools I will strain it and finish up the soup.

A funeral this afternoon.
"Your lucky number is 7. You will soar to great heights. Be sure to ride The Cyclone."
                                                           -- The Amazing Karnak

Doug R

« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2012, 05:02:54 AM »

Trying to deal with the fallen leaves at this time of year is a hopeless task. I sweep them all away from the front of the house but next morning they're all back again.

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2012, 05:03:49 AM »

Good morning, all.

Happy recovery vibes from the food hangover.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2012, 05:05:14 AM »

TOD:

DVD -- I Capture the Castle, The Wicked Lady (not the remake)

CD -- Carols for a Cure, This Christmas

“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

Doug R

« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2012, 05:10:13 AM »

TOD:

Blu - THE MAN WHO NEVER WAS. New UK release but not much of an improvement on the DVD.

DVD - THE CHAIRMAN. Rented this UK DVD because I'd not seen the film for many years. Not as good as I remember and - dare I say it - I couldn't stand Goldsmith's score (but then I'm not a fan).

ChasSmith

« Reply #10 on: November 23, 2012, 05:34:27 AM »

Good morning, all.

Oy!   Still stuffed.  Yes, the annual food hangover.  Stuffed, and yet.....DR Ben had to go and mention a Sour Cream Raisin Pie.  I haven't had one in years, and I think that's the first thing I ever had at a House of Pies.  I must find one, and soon.

Oddly, no one brought a pumpkin pie to this T-dinner.  Several other things, though, the very best of which -- it might even be the most delicious of its kind I've ever had -- was a banana cream pie.

Jennifer

« Reply #11 on: November 23, 2012, 05:35:32 AM »

I watched some of the Macy's Thanksgiving parade. I do like a parade. BUT I cannot stand watching the lip-synched numbers on the floats. I don't know if the broadway numbers were lip-synched. But if they were they did an excellent job. But the float singing was just so awful. If they are going to lip-synch then don't show them close up. It is so distracting. And makes me only want to fast forward through the numbers.

I wonder who chooses the Broadway numbers. I really feel like most of the numbers were not the right ones to choose. Re: the Annie number. Wouldn't it be nice to actually hear Annie sing? The only reason I would want to see that show would be if I thought the Annie cast was good. But if i cannot hear her sing ...

ChasSmith

« Reply #12 on: November 23, 2012, 05:43:38 AM »

TOD:

CD - THIS CHRISTMAS in the house, JUBILEE in the car.

DVD - The "making of" MARNIE, for someone who recently saw the film for her first time and loved it -- and this hour-long doc is excellent in its own right.

BLU - Checking out some of the Hitchcock set.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2012, 05:59:55 AM by ChasSmith »

FJL

« Reply #13 on: November 23, 2012, 05:55:55 AM »

Quote from: Ben link=topic=

#msg849168 date=1353672470
We had a very nice Thanksgiving with lots and lots of food. It went on from 1pm to 9pm. As we were driving home we passed a Walmart and saw the hordes looking to purchase more stuff they don't need. Ugh!

Are you allowed to say hordes on a family weekend on a family site?

:)

Had a lovely Thanksgiving.  Got to share with Mary jay that someone had uploaded a new high-quality YouTube of a number she had recorded for Skip back like ten years ago, and that was great fun. 

Excellent turkey, and I think Skip outdid himself with the blueberry pie and the pecan chocolate chip pie, though I'll go back to counting calories today.. :)  The pumpkin pie and pumpkin bread went over great, and even though I'm not a pumpkin fan, I enjoyed what he did with the pumpkin bread.

Met a Star Wars enthusiast who spoke very eloquently about why that series was so important to his generation, only slightly younger than mine, and he made  fascinating case for that, why that generation resents how it became about printing cash and someone playing around with their icons.  I can't think of anything in film where I feel that way, yet can think of a lot of theatre where i feel that way.  but i digress.  And digest.   

FJL

« Reply #14 on: November 23, 2012, 05:58:23 AM »

For Black Friday,

Here's REBECCA BLACK with FRIDAY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kfVsfOSbJY0

FJL

« Reply #15 on: November 23, 2012, 06:04:26 AM »

Is LES MIZ really a good sentiment for Christmas Day?

John G.

« Reply #16 on: November 23, 2012, 06:26:14 AM »

Great news on landing Bill Hayes, BK. He's had several of his early TV appearances, including "Kiss Me, Kate," released on DVD lately. Wonder what he thinks of having those shows available again.

I used to watch him on "Days of Our Lives" and saw him tour "Love Letters" with his wife, but I never got to hear him sing live.
― Voltaire

Kerry

« Reply #17 on: November 23, 2012, 06:27:08 AM »

Leftovers for breakfast!!! :D
I like boat races.

John G.

« Reply #18 on: November 23, 2012, 06:35:47 AM »

Quote from: Ben link=topic=

#msg849168 date=1353672470

Are you allowed to say hordes on a family weekend on a family site?

:)

Had a lovely Thanksgiving.  Got to share with Mary jay that someone had uploaded a new high-quality YouTube of a number she had recorded for Skip back like ten years ago, and that was great fun. 

Excellent turkey, and I think Skip outdid himself with the blueberry pie and the pecan chocolate chip pie, though I'll go back to counting calories today.. :)  The pumpkin pie and pumpkin bread went over great, and even though I'm not a pumpkin fan, I enjoyed what he did with the pumpkin bread.

Met a Star Wars enthusiast who spoke very eloquently about why that series was so important to his generation, only slightly younger than mine, and he made  fascinating case for that, why that generation resents how it became about printing cash and someone playing around with their icons.  I can't think of anything in film where I feel that way, yet can think of a lot of theatre where i feel that way.  but i digress.  And digest.   

I was never a "Star Wars" fan, but I have heard that from a great many friends my age when the second (or first, depending on how you count it) trilogy came about. I was too busy listening to "Sweeney Todd" and "On the 20th Century."
― Voltaire

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #19 on: November 23, 2012, 06:51:54 AM »

Good morning, all! I slept far to long. I suspect it was the Tylenol PM I took because I am sleeping poorly on accoumt of my shoulder. Now that I am awake, I will begin the laundry.

I've never understood the term "Black Friday," since the color black implies grief or disaster or horror, and since this is a huge day for profiteers, why isn't it "Capitalist Friday" or "Big Bucks Friday"?

DR John G, my friend Peter is writing a musical version of I CAPTURE THE CASTLE; I loved the movie and the book by 101 DALMATIANS author Dodie Smith is quite wonderful.

I believe I have no more news. First, some coffee.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Ginny

« Reply #20 on: November 23, 2012, 07:11:48 AM »

Friday morning greetings!  With help from my sister's husband and son, we've gotten the folding chair, and replaced it with the chair I'd been using in the cave.  I've also washed, dried, and put away the crystal stemware that was used yesterday.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ginny

« Reply #21 on: November 23, 2012, 07:14:26 AM »

DR Elmore, today is called Black Friday because it's the day that starts the season that enables retailers to finish the year "in the black."  I find the BUY, BUY, BUY!!! messaging pretty offensive, but lots of people I know and love are out shopping today.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

John G.

« Reply #22 on: November 23, 2012, 07:17:04 AM »

Good morning, all! I slept far to long. I suspect it was the Tylenol PM I took because I am sleeping poorly on accoumt of my shoulder. Now that I am awake, I will begin the laundry.

I've never understood the term "Black Friday," since the color black implies grief or disaster or horror, and since this is a huge day for profiteers, why isn't it "Capitalist Friday" or "Big Bucks Friday"?

DR John G, my friend Peter is writing a musical version of I CAPTURE THE CASTLE; I loved the movie and the book by 101 DALMATIANS author Dodie Smith is quite wonderful.

I believe I have no more news. First, some coffee.

I have started reading the book and really love it, but I've made no headway with it. No time for pleasure reading now. (Sigh.)
― Voltaire

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #23 on: November 23, 2012, 07:22:31 AM »

Friday.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #24 on: November 23, 2012, 07:25:54 AM »

Detroit Thanksgiving Parade Live right now on CBS.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #25 on: November 23, 2012, 07:38:14 AM »

DR Elmore, today is called Black Friday because it's the day that starts the season that enables retailers to finish the year "in the black."  I find the BUY, BUY, BUY!!! messaging pretty offensive, but lots of people I know and love are out shopping today.

Well, Black Tuesday in 1929 had nothing to do with accounts being "in the black."  How short is the memory of the American public!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

ChasSmith

« Reply #26 on: November 23, 2012, 07:41:10 AM »

I totally agree about the term being a complete misnomer.  And yes, I know what it refers to.  But is any other such "Black [whatever]" a positive thing?

vixmom

• Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty
« Reply #27 on: November 23, 2012, 08:06:50 AM »

yesterday morning  Vixdad accidenlty  knocked my laptop off the table  and it is smashed  DEAD
Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty

It’s weird being the same age as old people

vixmom

• Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty
« Reply #28 on: November 23, 2012, 08:07:13 AM »

screen broken  and hard drive gone
Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty

It’s weird being the same age as old people

Ginny

« Reply #29 on: November 23, 2012, 08:08:51 AM »

Oh, no, DR Vixmom - I'm sorry about your laptop!
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6   Go Up