Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7   Go Down

Author Topic: THE LAZIEST GUY IN TOWN  (Read 20625 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
THE LAZIEST GUY IN TOWN
« on: November 25, 2012, 12:16:27 AM »

Well, you've read the notes, the notes were the laziest notes in town, and now it is time for you to post until the laziest cows come home.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
Re: THE LAZIEST GUY IN TOWN
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2012, 12:17:18 AM »

And the word of the day is: AMYGDALIFORM!

Smoke on your pipe and put that in.

singingnymph

• We have movie sign!
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2012, 12:24:24 AM »

Just saw the new Bond film, "Skyfall," this evening! (I had a night out with my dad, yay!)

It did nothing for my sore neck. I was on edge the entire time. Loved it!
~Meg B, of Central California~
Minutus cantorum, minutus balorum,
minutus carborata descendum pantorum.
A little song, a little dance,
a little seltzer down your pants.
http://madmistressmeg.spreadshirt.com

Ben

« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2012, 03:42:19 AM »

Morning all.

That is all.

Ben

« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2012, 03:42:46 AM »

I cheated again and had French toast and sausages with coffee for breakfast again.

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2012, 04:37:36 AM »

Good morning, all.

Happy Sunday vibes.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

ChasSmith

« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2012, 05:14:14 AM »

Good morning, all.

I want DR Ben's breakfast.

ChasSmith

« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2012, 05:17:24 AM »

The reports are in, entries have been tabulated, and the judges' decision is final:

The coffeemaker is dead.  Long live the coffeemaker.  I'll have to buy a new one today.

ChasSmith

« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2012, 05:23:19 AM »

New episode tonight!  Happy to be reminded of that, as I'd joined this here jernt well after the first season had transpired so didn't get to experience them on their original schedule, fresh out of the oven.

Jennifer

« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2012, 05:52:06 AM »

Yesterday DR jane wrote:
I thought you meant on Goodreads as a book read.

Well if i include the book (kids) then it would count towards my total. And I don't think that is right (since I read a lot of very short kid's books). So i include the long ones that are usually around 100 pages.

Druxy

• druxmanworks.com
« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2012, 05:59:45 AM »

We saw LINCOLN yesterday.

Great performances, particularly Daniel Day-Lewis; fantastic production values, some marvelously written scenes and inspiring, heart-felt moments.

I'm sure I'm in the minority here when I say that, for me, the parts were greater than the whole.  As an overall movie, I don't think it works.  Yes, the subject matter was compelling, but the film was too long, too talky and the material would have probably worked better as a 4-6 hour TV miniseries, rather than a 2 1/2 hour movie.

To paraphrase the words of William Goldman, the filmmakers did not protect the story's spine.

I could go on, but....

:-\
You can dream…or you can do.

Druxy

• druxmanworks.com
« Reply #11 on: November 25, 2012, 06:02:26 AM »

Isn't the new OUTSIDE THE BOX supposed to be up today?

Ben

« Reply #12 on: November 25, 2012, 06:07:00 AM »

Isn't the new OUTSIDE THE BOX supposed to be up today?

I think it goes live at 7pm. Bruce just said at 7 EST it will be up at Broadway World. Since there is nothing up now and it's 9am I think it's 7pm.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #13 on: November 25, 2012, 06:18:43 AM »

Good morning, all! I could not get to sleep at all last night, and at some point after 3am, when I finally began nodding, I slept fitfully, and just before the 7:30 alarm rang, I had a long dream ab0ut Kim Criswell and Jason Graae and me in some museum. I set the alarm for 9 and went back to bed.  I will stay home again today, because tomorrow I have to go back to my other projects, like it or lump it.

First, coffee and some breakfast.

DR TCB, Paul Byrum is not on any recordings I have worked on. He's a friend of my friend Joe.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2012, 07:58:06 AM by elmore3003 »
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #14 on: November 25, 2012, 07:22:04 AM »

I like your new phone DR BEN.

All the pie talk yesterday is making me hungry.

DR TCB said he baked pie crust once, and nobody died.....which reminds me of one of my favorite lines in DON'T DRINK THE WATER when four people were poisoned by the food served by Walter's brother at a wedding reception:

Marion:  Well at least nobody died.

Walter:  Nobody died. That's great....we're thinking of making that our slogan.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #15 on: November 25, 2012, 07:22:30 AM »

How many recordings have your qorked on?

Doug R

« Reply #16 on: November 25, 2012, 07:35:04 AM »

For today's lazy Sunday afternoon, I'm eating chocolate, nuts and an orange - but not necessarily in that order.

ArnoldMBrockman

• so many possibilities
« Reply #17 on: November 25, 2012, 07:36:20 AM »

And the word of the day is: AMYGDALIFORM!

Smoke on your pipe and put that in.

And The Song Of The Day Is:  ALMOND JOY NUT SONG

Ben

« Reply #18 on: November 25, 2012, 07:42:39 AM »

We watched

Second Chorus

last night. Boy, what a stinker. Paulette Goddard was good, and, really, no one was bad, but Burgess Meredith and Fred played such unlikable guys. They were jerks. It was hard to believe that PG would fall for Fred. And the end was a mess (many of those movies do end with a messy wrap up) with PG and FA in the taxi and BM and Charles Butterworth waking up from their drugged sleep still counting measures (BM) and playing the mandolin (CB). Even Fred said it was "The worst film I ever made" Oh, well, at least I saw it. The print was terrible. It's been in public domain since 1967 and the DVD had nothing but the print, a set-up mode and a catalog of other available films. I wish they would have put Me and the Ghost Upstairs on as an extra. The number was cut from the film.

And now we will get ready to return to the city via the LIRR.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #19 on: November 25, 2012, 09:06:54 AM »

No posts in over an hour?

Where is everyone?

I'm debating getting dressed and walking to Staplesto make some photocopies, but I really don't want to go out.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #20 on: November 25, 2012, 09:07:08 AM »

That could have been three posts!

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #21 on: November 25, 2012, 09:07:15 AM »

Oy!

Ginny

« Reply #22 on: November 25, 2012, 09:16:18 AM »

Sunday afternoon greetings!  This our second Sunday of Richard's medical leave, so we were able to go to breakfast with my sister and brother-in-law and niece before they headed home for Michigan and Illinois, respectively.  All in all, it was a very nice holiday weekend.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ginny

« Reply #23 on: November 25, 2012, 09:21:09 AM »

My brother-in-law arrived yesterday in time for the Michigan/Ohio State kick-off and my sister and niece were not far behind.  They'd taken a trip to Michael's (craft store) on the way.  Rob and Mary Linda arrived before half-time, during which my niece went to pick up Gram.  We all watched the Wolverines crash and burn in the second half, then had Thanksgiving leftovers for dinner.  Laura (niece) took Gram home, Rob and Mary Linda went home, and the rest of us watched the Notre Dame/USC game.  I was the only one who made it to the end of that one. 
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ginny

« Reply #24 on: November 25, 2012, 09:22:31 AM »

I'm now doing laundry and looking forward to 4 hours of figure skating on TV this afternoon - 2 hours of competition, 2 hours of show skating.  Just what I need!

ArnoldMBrockman

• so many possibilities
« Reply #25 on: November 25, 2012, 09:27:19 AM »

Great performances, particularly Daniel Day-Lewis; fantastic production values, some marvelously written scenes and inspiring, heart-felt moments.

I'm sure I'm in the minority here when I say that, for me, the parts were greater than the whole.  As an overall movie, I don't think it works.  Yes, the subject matter was compelling, but the film was too long, too talky and the material would have probably worked better as a 4-6 hour TV miniseries, rather than a 2 1/2 hour movie.

To paraphrase the words of William Goldman, the filmmakers did not protect the story's spine.

I could go on, but....

I Agree Completely. And The Choice Of The Assassination Was Amazing In Its Lack Of Anything Resembling Dramatic Content, The Speeches reminded Me Of A Disney Presentation Of Lincoln In A Theme Park.

Druxy

• druxmanworks.com
« Reply #26 on: November 25, 2012, 09:57:34 AM »

I could go on, but....

I Agree Completely. And The Choice Of The Assassination Was Amazing In Its Lack Of Anything Resembling Dramatic Content, The Speeches reminded Me Of A Disney Presentation Of Lincoln In A Theme Park.

The film should have ended with Lincoln heading down the stairs, on his way to the theater; his valet watching him go.  You didn't need the rest of it.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #27 on: November 25, 2012, 10:13:20 AM »

Horseracing. I thought LINCOLN was a wonderful film, and I look forward to seeing it again.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #28 on: November 25, 2012, 10:21:17 AM »

I enjoyed the New York Singer's Christmas CD very much.  We played it at the store yesterday.  Very entertaining. 

I of course especially liked her duets with Mr Guy Haines and Mr Euan Morton.

Mr BK'S new Christmas song is very good!!!  I hope it gets many more recordings....too bad Ms Clooney, Ms McKenzie, and Miss Day are no longer recording.....or even Mr Pat Boone....  I loved all of their Christmas albums back in the day.

Only one song seemed out of place to me.....not that it wasn't well done and lovely....just didn't care for I've Got My Love to Keep Me Warm in the mix.....but I might get used to it.....

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #29 on: November 25, 2012, 10:21:45 AM »

I am scared to see LINCOLN because I am afraid it's full of present day political propaganda......
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7   Go Up