Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7   Go Down

Author Topic: THE LAZIEST GUY IN TOWN  (Read 20624 times)

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
Re: THE LAZIEST GUY IN TOWN
« Reply #60 on: November 25, 2012, 12:59:39 PM »

PAGE THREE "WIND IN THE WILLOWS" DANCE!!

Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #61 on: November 25, 2012, 01:00:54 PM »

And now, I must take a shower, get dressed, get something to eat, then go to rehearsal (in that order).

Have a good day, all!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #62 on: November 25, 2012, 01:18:48 PM »

Today is the first rehearsal of The Wind In the Willows at the performance space.  I can only hope that the sound cues are complete and have been fixed and are correctly numbered.  I don't know if they're going to have the microphones today or not.  I'll find out when I get there.  The stage manager, who knows a lot more about mics than me (which is next to nothing) will be the mic wrangler.  I'll just turn them on and off during the performances.  As with all first rehearsals in the performance space, it'll certainly be a long and possibly frustrating and certainly exciting time. :)

Optimist!!!
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #63 on: November 25, 2012, 01:40:31 PM »

DR BEN you summed up SECOND CHORUS very well.....I was going to mention how bad I always thought it was, but didn't want to prejudice you against it before your viewing.....
I feel the same, JRand. Artie Shaw is OK, but it's probably my least favorite Fred Astaire movie.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #64 on: November 25, 2012, 01:48:31 PM »

Went to friends' house for brunch today. Took one of the transparent pies, which was quite good, but a little too sweet for my tastes.

Glenn made Baptist Cakes, which are a variation of doughnuts that you fill with butter and top with maple syrup. Definitely not on my diet and I ate a few too many. Many they were good.

His wife, Mickey, baked the bacon, really thick slabs of the stuff.

Then we sat out on their patio where the sun light flickered through the leaves of the trees overhead. Lovely fall day.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #65 on: November 25, 2012, 02:03:57 PM »

I need a nap.
― Voltaire

Ginny

« Reply #66 on: November 25, 2012, 02:08:25 PM »

Now I need to wash my clothes. The baby leaked.

;D

They tend to do that, don't they, DR Laura?

"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #67 on: November 25, 2012, 02:25:30 PM »

Watching a motion picture on Blu and Ray.  Ate a couple of tuna sandwiches of my own making.  And have solved the mystery of the Fed Ex door tag - no wonder there's no record of a package - there IS no package - they were coming to pick up a package and I missed them by minutes - so we're now trying to rearrange that (I'm shipping a Nudie Musical print to San Francisco for a screening their doing there).  Why they would leave this kind of door tag is anyone's guess - it clearly states "packages not delivered."

ChasSmith

« Reply #68 on: November 25, 2012, 02:26:04 PM »

Went to friends' house for brunch today. Took one of the transparent pies, which was quite good, but a little too sweet for my tastes.

Glenn made Baptist Cakes, which are a variation of doughnuts that you fill with butter and top with maple syrup. Definitely not on my diet and I ate a few too many. Many they were good.

His wife, Mickey, baked the bacon, really thick slabs of the stuff.

Then we sat out on their patio where the sun light flickered through the leaves of the trees overhead. Lovely fall day.

Stop!  You're killing me!!

Cillaliz

« Reply #69 on: November 25, 2012, 02:41:20 PM »

The reports are in, entries have been tabulated, and the judges' decision is final:

The coffeemaker is dead.  Long live the coffeemaker.  I'll have to buy a new one today.

They are on sale everywhere

Cillaliz

« Reply #70 on: November 25, 2012, 02:44:05 PM »

I am scared to see LINCOLN because I am afraid it's full of present day political propaganda......

No, unless your present day is 1865.   

Cillaliz

« Reply #71 on: November 25, 2012, 02:48:09 PM »

From DR Cilla:
I can't either. She doesn't talk about not having an arm, except to worry if she'll be able to get a prosthetic arm under Obamacare.  She has more empathy with her husband and son who had to make the decision to allow the doctors to take off her arm to save her life

How old is her son?  I'm touched by her empathy with their decision making process.  It would be a difficult one to make..

Did she mention if her current insurance will cover the arm?  VIBES SHE GETS ONE!!!

I didn't talk to her too much about about whether her insurance covers the arm.  She started talking about it, then said her husband tells her she worries about it too much so I took that lead and changed the subject.    She has two sons, her younger is... probably in his 30s at least, she's in her mid to late 60s

Cillaliz

« Reply #72 on: November 25, 2012, 02:49:21 PM »

We saw LINCOLN yesterday.

Great performances, particularly Daniel Day-Lewis; fantastic production values, some marvelously written scenes and inspiring, heart-felt moments.

I'm sure I'm in the minority here when I say that, for me, the parts were greater than the whole.  As an overall movie, I don't think it works.  Yes, the subject matter was compelling, but the film was too long, too talky and the material would have probably worked better as a 4-6 hour TV miniseries, rather than a 2 1/2 hour movie.

To paraphrase the words of William Goldman, the filmmakers did not protect the story's spine.

I could go on, but....

:-\

Interesting as this is what I am expecting from it.  Almost what I'm expecting as I wasn't thrilled with Day-Lewis in the previews.

I think you'll like him.  The previews don't show that much

Cillaliz

« Reply #73 on: November 25, 2012, 02:50:07 PM »

Sunday afternoon greetings!  This our second Sunday of Richard's medical leave, so we were able to go to breakfast with my sister and brother-in-law and niece before they headed home for Michigan and Illinois, respectively.  All in all, it was a very nice holiday weekend.

You seem to be enjoying Richard's medical leave ;)

Sounds like my mom...the choir didn't sing this Sunday so she said that means she doesn't have to go to church

Cillaliz

« Reply #74 on: November 25, 2012, 02:53:42 PM »

We've had a low cloud bank all day.  Looks like it will snow, but alas it hasn't.   I want lots of snow this year.  I felt cheated out of winter last year

Cillaliz

« Reply #75 on: November 25, 2012, 02:57:05 PM »

I'm really enjoying Mannheim Steamroller and Holiday Moments on Ice.  With Megan Hilty. 

Cillaliz

« Reply #76 on: November 25, 2012, 03:02:37 PM »

Today I did lots of chores, laundry, picked up a little here and there, did some cooking, baked oatmeal cookies and cleaned the kitchen.  I still have to write that motion and get it filed before tomorrow.  It will take me probably 30 minutes to an hour to complete and I've put it off for 4 days.  Sheesh

Cillaliz

« Reply #77 on: November 25, 2012, 03:04:38 PM »

The cats are finally getting close to being calm and back to normal.  I was so busy and stressed when I came back from Wisonsin and found them a mess, that they never quite calmed down.  Today Boo played and played and Callie isn't hiding anymore, Ricky isn't trying to attack his sisters  It's really nice.  Kind of sorry I have to go to work tomorrow

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #78 on: November 25, 2012, 03:35:34 PM »

Sunday afternoon greetings!  This our second Sunday of Richard's medical leave, so we were able to go to breakfast with my sister and brother-in-law and niece before they headed home for Michigan and Illinois, respectively.  All in all, it was a very nice holiday weekend.

You seem to be enjoying Richard's medical leave ;)

Shhh, don't tell anyone, DR Jane!

;D

Jane

« Reply #79 on: November 25, 2012, 03:35:51 PM »

We saw LINCOLN yesterday.

Great performances, particularly Daniel Day-Lewis; fantastic production values, some marvelously written scenes and inspiring, heart-felt moments.

I'm sure I'm in the minority here when I say that, for me, the parts were greater than the whole.  As an overall movie, I don't think it works.  Yes, the subject matter was compelling, but the film was too long, too talky and the material would have probably worked better as a 4-6 hour TV miniseries, rather than a 2 1/2 hour movie.

To paraphrase the words of William Goldman, the filmmakers did not protect the story's spine.

I could go on, but....

:-\

And The Choice Of The Assassination

Assassination!!!   You should have included a spoiler.

Sorry.... Can't Change History !

;D

Jane

« Reply #80 on: November 25, 2012, 03:36:20 PM »

and I got to hold one of the babies while the mama was helping.

Nice.

Jane

« Reply #81 on: November 25, 2012, 03:36:35 PM »

Now I need to wash my clothes. The baby leaked.

;D  Not so nice.

Jane

« Reply #82 on: November 25, 2012, 03:42:31 PM »

From DR Cilla:
I can't either. She doesn't talk about not having an arm, except to worry if she'll be able to get a prosthetic arm under Obamacare.  She has more empathy with her husband and son who had to make the decision to allow the doctors to take off her arm to save her life

How old is her son?  I'm touched by her empathy with their decision making process.  It would be a difficult one to make..

Did she mention if her current insurance will cover the arm?  VIBES SHE GETS ONE!!!

I didn't talk to her too much about about whether her insurance covers the arm.  She started talking about it, then said her husband tells her she worries about it too much so I took that lead and changed the subject.    She has two sons, her younger is... probably in his 30s at least, she's in her mid to late 60s

For some reason I always thought she was younger, until you mentioned her son being part of the decision making.

I can understand her concern, from what I have read they are expensive and she will want one that functions well.  I'm sure she can't help but be worried about the cost of all of this.

Jane

« Reply #83 on: November 25, 2012, 03:43:41 PM »

The cats are finally getting close to being calm and back to normal.  I was so busy and stressed when I came back from Wisonsin and found them a mess, that they never quite calmed down.  Today Boo played and played and Callie isn't hiding anymore, Ricky isn't trying to attack his sisters  It's really nice.  Kind of sorry I have to go to work tomorrow

You obviously made the right decision to stay home over this long weekend.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #84 on: November 25, 2012, 04:00:46 PM »

I cheated again and had French toast and sausages with coffee for breakfast again.

A married man should never start out a post with, "I cheated again......."
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

Ginny

« Reply #85 on: November 25, 2012, 04:05:51 PM »

I'm really enjoying Mannheim Steamroller and Holiday Moments on Ice.  With Megan Hilty. 

I did, too, DR Cillaliz.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ginny

« Reply #86 on: November 25, 2012, 04:09:16 PM »

We just finished all of the Thanksgiving leftovers for dinner, except for a little bit of turkey.  Couple of sandwiches tomorrow and that will be gone, too.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #87 on: November 25, 2012, 04:21:07 PM »

Horseracing. I thought LINCOLN was a wonderful film, and I look forward to seeing it again.

My friend, Sharry, dated LINCOLN.
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #88 on: November 25, 2012, 04:23:43 PM »

I am scared to see LINCOLN because I am afraid it's full of present day political propaganda......

Don't worry, he was a Republican.
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #89 on: November 25, 2012, 04:24:18 PM »

I love the new OUTSIDE THE BOX.  Another classic!!
“One thing’s universal,
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7   Go Up