News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6   Go Down

Author Topic: DREAM  (Read 16533 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
DREAM
« on: December 04, 2012, 12:16:48 AM »

Well, you've read the notes, the notes were dreamy, and now it is time for you to post until the dreaming cows come home.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
Re: DREAM
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2012, 12:17:57 AM »

And the word of the day is: EFFERVESCENT!

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2012, 12:38:05 AM »

BK, here's the link to the iTunes article:

http://news.cnet.com/8301-13579_3-57556548-37/7-features-apple-killed-off-in-itunes-11/

It explains the major changes.  I haven't updated my iTunes yet.  I think I'll wait as long as I can.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2012, 12:49:52 AM »

It's horrible, this update.  No one likes it.  Meanwhile, Sandy's album is now up on iTunes for those who do that sort of thing.  If you don't want the whole album, of course I'd recommend my song as the one to get for a buck.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2012, 12:53:24 AM »

Well, I'm off to bed...in the morning, I need to finish the rest of the evaluations for my staff.  And tonight, a bunch of us from Theater Artists Olympia (and friends of TAO) are going to see Quentin Tarantino's "Reservoir Dogs" on the big screen!  I've never seen it before and TAO is going to do a stage adaptation in April.  I've been told that it's very good. 
« Last Edit: December 04, 2012, 12:57:33 AM by George »
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Ben

« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2012, 02:20:41 AM »

Morning all.

That is all.

Kerry

« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2012, 04:28:01 AM »

Good Morning.  Yesterday was most definitely Monday-- all over.  So, at least today is NOT Monday.
I like boat races.

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2012, 04:43:25 AM »

Good morning, all.

Vibes for Vixmom and anyone else under the weather.

Day two of orientation. We'll see how many people get lost trying to find their way to the conference room. I probably would on my first day without guidance in that enormous complex. I remember losing my car.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2012, 04:45:30 AM »

TOD: I don't remember too many of my dreams. I know I have the recurring one where I'm supposed to be taking a test in a classroom that I haven't attended the entire semester. Last night, I dreamed I was being bullied again, as I was when I was younger. I seem to recall turning around and biting someone. I never did that in real life, so I don't know why I did it in a dream.

JRand, you could be busy today.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2012, 04:48:32 AM »

Jane, the Christmas card was great.

Vixmom, yes, it's USAA the insurance company.

― Voltaire

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #10 on: December 04, 2012, 05:18:42 AM »

Good morning, all!

Another restless night, between the coldand a lot of peculiar dreams; the only one I remember is another variation on the "Back at the Drama Book Shop" dream. It was something to do with contacting a publisher about an ISBN change, the Book Shop's ridiculous inventory card system, a Christmas party, and my resigntion. Variatons on this dream have been the one I've had most in thepast 15 years.

I am off to City Center to help Joshie today. There should be a dull office, with me, Joshie's brother Jeremy, and Elise the former intern helping to prepare SUPERMAN for the orchestra reading onDec. 20.

I need some breakfast.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2012, 05:49:14 AM by elmore3003 »
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

ChasSmith

« Reply #11 on: December 04, 2012, 05:25:33 AM »

Good morning, all.

Coffee.  Banana.  Sourdough toast.  Ethel Merman braying "You look like an idiot!"

ChasSmith

« Reply #12 on: December 04, 2012, 05:37:10 AM »

Today's a busy one and I must be out and about.

Of course, I was out and about yesterday, with little to show for it.

ChasSmith

« Reply #13 on: December 04, 2012, 05:40:08 AM »

Today, at least, whilst out and abouting, I will have the pleasure of acting out an imitation of a fragment of a slice of BK's dream by walking into a store that sells secondhand DVDs and CDs, where I can entertain, however briefly, the folly of an idea that I will happen upon something rare and precious.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2012, 05:50:23 AM by ChasSmith »

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #14 on: December 04, 2012, 05:48:44 AM »

Good news from DR CILLA LIZ about a cat sitter....and from DR VIXMOM about her laptop.

I am sure you will DR CHAS SMITH.....may I recommend that you buy a Sonja Henie DVD - especially IT'S A PLEASURE - surely no one would keep that after one viewing.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #15 on: December 04, 2012, 05:49:07 AM »

I am feeling a bit better this morning, and so I shall venture out into the rain to do some banking and shopping.

Druxy

• druxmanworks.com
« Reply #16 on: December 04, 2012, 05:52:16 AM »

TOD:

I dream of Jeannie with the light brown hair....

::)
You can dream…or you can do.

Doug R

« Reply #17 on: December 04, 2012, 05:59:07 AM »

Ah good. I've got the iTunes sidebar back. But what's happened to the album artwork graphics which were on the left of the songs? Have they gone for good?

Jennifer

« Reply #18 on: December 04, 2012, 06:13:04 AM »

DR Vixmom. Great news about your laptop being fixed!

Jennifer

« Reply #19 on: December 04, 2012, 06:13:19 AM »

DR Cillaliz, good news about the new cat sitter!

Jennifer

« Reply #20 on: December 04, 2012, 06:13:43 AM »

I don't use itunes. But that is crazy. Why make an update that is worse than what they had before??

ChasSmith

« Reply #21 on: December 04, 2012, 06:48:41 AM »

TOD:

If I fully described my few most oft-recurring dreams, they'd be the longest posts ever because, once I start really documenting one -- which includes explaining every possible reference and describing things in a way that another person might actually visualize -- there's no turning back.  Some fifteen years ago I did try keeping a dream journal, which, surprisingly for me, I actually continued for a couple of years.  It's a crazy pursuit, but there's something so special about certain dreams that I'm happy I captured some in that time period, because in the case of the recurring themes, a few can represent the many.  I've been a little sad about saying no to immortalizing a few since then because there have been some doozies.  Maybe I'll take that journal out someday and transcribe a few.

In the meantime, one recurring dream is similar to BK's insofar as it involves a downtown or some other compelling or unique shopping venue, with the goal being a particular store or stores where I know I'll find the place piled high with those things many of us here love -- books, records, music, movies -- and sometimes, for me, vintage stereo components and a few other older collectible things.  This dream often branches out to include movie theaters and, sometimes, wonderful old places to eat.

For anyone who knows me and my interests at all, these dreams are blatantly obvious.  They might sometimes be about a made up place, but usually they're a return to real places -- even if a particular dream doesn't resemble the real thing, because some of them become downright surreal in their architecture.

I think I said it once right here, with regard to movie theaters, that I've never stopped trying to return to the beloved ones from my distant past.  We talk about a lot of this stuff right here, so no great mystery.  And I have no doubt the dreams will always return.  As do other themes, which I'll try to summarize in shorter fashion.

Charles Pogue

• "The heart must bleed; not slobber." - F. Loesser
« Reply #22 on: December 04, 2012, 07:09:57 AM »

TOD:

I dream of Brownie in the light blue jeans...

ChasSmith

« Reply #23 on: December 04, 2012, 07:12:02 AM »

TOD - Act II:

This might actually be my single most recurring dream, and I haven't the slightest idea where it comes from, or why.  In brief (this won't even begin to describe it)...

I wake up, usually very groggy from oversleeping.  I've been traveling (never quite sure where) and I'm in this place we've been staying overnight or for a few days.  I'm with other people.  They are either current friends, past co-workers, family (from WAY past), sometimes a combination of these.  We might be in a motel, but are usually in someone's house or apartment.  The place is a mess and we're up against a deadline in getting our stuff packed up again and moving on.  Typically, I have overslept and am behind the others in getting my stuff together.  

And that's all of it that I'll attempt to put down.  Described in full, this dream and its variations will take up a whole chapter in my book.

Laura

« Reply #24 on: December 04, 2012, 07:14:39 AM »

John G., you had these on your dill/parsley/fennel:
http://andthisiswhatisawtoday.blogspot.com/2012/10/very-tiny-black-swallowtail-caterpillar.html

The ones I posted yesterday were monarchs on milkweed.
"That's a lotta hamsters."

Laura

« Reply #25 on: December 04, 2012, 07:15:28 AM »

TOD: For a while there, my recurring dream was some variation of being trapped underground.

Laura

« Reply #26 on: December 04, 2012, 07:17:04 AM »

Two of the black swallowtail caterpillars got away from me, but I have the other three chrysalises in a zippered hamper. They didn't ever eclose, so I am thinking they will overwinter and eclose in the spring.

ArnoldMBrockman

• so many possibilities
« Reply #27 on: December 04, 2012, 07:22:44 AM »

And The Song Of The Day Is:  THE NIGHT THEY INVENTED CHAMPAGNE

ChasSmith

« Reply #28 on: December 04, 2012, 07:36:02 AM »

And The Song Of The Day Is:  THE NIGHT THEY INVENTED CHAMPAGNE

Or what's that wonderful old comedy one by Jim Backus -- "DELICIOUS!"

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #29 on: December 04, 2012, 08:02:30 AM »

TOD - Act II:

This might actually be my single most recurring dream, and I haven't the slightest idea where it comes from, or why.  In brief (this won't even begin to describe it)...

I wake up, usually very groggy from oversleeping.  I've been traveling (never quite sure where) and I'm in this place we've been staying overnight or for a few days.  I'm with other people.  They are either current friends, past co-workers, family (from WAY past), sometimes a combination of these.  We might be in a motel, but are usually in someone's house or apartment.  The place is a mess and we're up against a deadline in getting our stuff packed up again and moving on.  Typically, I have overslept and am behind the others in getting my stuff together.  

And that's all of it that I'll attempt to put down.  Described in full, this dream and its variations will take up a whole chapter in my book.

The Dream-O-Matic 6000 says that this dream indicates that you do not put friends in particular places in your life, but that you enjoy them throughout your life....no matter how much time passes between visits.  You are not yet sure of your destination in life - and you are pleased that so many people you know seem to know exactly where they are going.  To you, the journey is as important as the destination. 
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6   Go Up