Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: BASKING IN THE GLOW  (Read 17269 times)

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
Re: BASKING IN THE GLOW
« Reply #60 on: December 09, 2012, 03:32:33 PM »

Back, with a rotisserie rosemary-and-garlic chicken from Stew Leonard's.  A bit of that, and then Cybele.

Well, it is Sunday!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Michael

« Reply #61 on: December 09, 2012, 03:33:05 PM »

Was up at 4am to get to the swap shop in Lake Worth. When we got there at 5:30 the spaces were sold out and we were on standby, We waiting an hour and we left and drove down to Fort Lauderdale which has another Swap Shop and much bigger. We got a space and set up shop.
It was interest what would sell and what wouldn't. Then the rains came and we quickly packed up and left. The next time We will bring a tarp to cover the items in case it rains.

I put out over 18 years of collecting DVDs (and some blu rays). I ending up making quite a bit of money that will go to bills. Amazing what people sell and what people will buy.

Never stop dreaming.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #62 on: December 09, 2012, 03:33:19 PM »

!!! 3 !!!
And about time, too!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Jennifer

« Reply #63 on: December 09, 2012, 03:33:28 PM »

I went to Build A Bear today with my nieces. It is only open for another 3 weeks. But there is still lots of stuff. My sister had a bunch of coupons. And everything is 25% off.

My 3 year old niece wanted to carry the bag (that you put the stuff you are going to buy in). We didn't realize that she was dumping stuff she wanted in it. :)

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #64 on: December 09, 2012, 03:34:13 PM »

Sunday afternoon greetings!  We are back from a rainy, foggy drive to and from Lima.  Today it was my turn to provide refreshments, so I used some Pepperidge Farm coupons that were sent to me as a result of a customer service call about a defective product.  We had lemon cake, coconut cake, and assorted holiday cookies.  Also grapes and a mixture of unsalted roasted cashews and almonds.

I think I would find going to church fattening.

:)

I'm told a good sermon can really wear you out.   ;)

Or put you to sleep.

Michael

« Reply #65 on: December 09, 2012, 03:34:43 PM »

I have a Sunday ask BK question.

You chose ASCAP to register your songs. Is there a difference registering them with ASCAP over BMI?
Never stop dreaming.

Jennifer

« Reply #66 on: December 09, 2012, 03:41:04 PM »

Amazon.ca started selling ebooks this week. They still don't sell kindles.

I'm not sure why it took them this long. But the bad part is that if you want to buy ebooks from them you have to switch your kindle from .com. And then you can't buy books from .com again.

I really really wish that there was a way to be able to buy books from both .com and .ca. I emailed the kindle people at .ca. I'm not sure if they considered that people might not want to switch if they can no longer buy ebooks from .com  (they give you the option of keeping your kindle with .com which is what i did).

:(

Laura

« Reply #67 on: December 09, 2012, 03:43:33 PM »

Good afternoon.
"That's a lotta hamsters."

Laura

« Reply #68 on: December 09, 2012, 03:44:01 PM »

"They" say we may have rain on Thursday. Hurray! I tossed more wildflower seeds on the ground this morning, just in case.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #69 on: December 09, 2012, 03:44:36 PM »

Was up at 4am to get to the swap shop in Lake Worth. When we got there at 5:30 the spaces were sold out and we were on standby, We waiting an hour and we left and drove down to Fort Lauderdale which has another Swap Shop and much bigger. We got a space and set up shop.
It was interest what would sell and what wouldn't. Then the rains came and we quickly packed up and left. The next time We will bring a tarp to cover the items in case it rains.

I put out over 18 years of collecting DVDs (and some blu rays). I ending up making quite a bit of money that will go to bills. Amazing what people sell and what people will buy.

That's great you were able to sell a good number of DVD's in a short time.  Too bad you had to get up so early in the morning to do so.

Jane

« Reply #70 on: December 09, 2012, 03:45:29 PM »

I went to Build A Bear today with my nieces. It is only open for another 3 weeks. But there is still lots of stuff. My sister had a bunch of coupons. And everything is 25% off.

My 3 year old niece wanted to carry the bag (that you put the stuff you are going to buy in). We didn't realize that she was dumping stuff she wanted in it. :)

Did you let her get everything she put into the bag?

Jane

« Reply #71 on: December 09, 2012, 03:45:42 PM »

Sunday afternoon greetings!  We are back from a rainy, foggy drive to and from Lima.  Today it was my turn to provide refreshments, so I used some Pepperidge Farm coupons that were sent to me as a result of a customer service call about a defective product.  We had lemon cake, coconut cake, and assorted holiday cookies.  Also grapes and a mixture of unsalted roasted cashews and almonds.

I think I would find going to church fattening.

I'm told a good sermon can really wear you out.   ;)

Or put you to sleep.

;D

Jane

« Reply #72 on: December 09, 2012, 03:48:26 PM »

Amazon.ca started selling ebooks this week. They still don't sell kindles.

I'm not sure why it took them this long. But the bad part is that if you want to buy ebooks from them you have to switch your kindle from .com. And then you can't buy books from .com again.

I really really wish that there was a way to be able to buy books from both .com and .ca. I emailed the kindle people at .ca. I'm not sure if they considered that people might not want to switch if they can no longer buy ebooks from .com  (they give you the option of keeping your kindle with .com which is what i did).

:(

I can see where that would be annoying for you.  I was very disappointed when Keith downloaded the Barnes & Noble app onto his iPad and couldn't purchase from them.  I hope that changes if sometime in the future I switch to an updated iPad Mini.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #73 on: December 09, 2012, 03:48:39 PM »

Congrats on the $$$ DR MIKE.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #74 on: December 09, 2012, 03:54:02 PM »

Yesterday had interesting moments, including an email reconnecting me with a friend I'd lost contact with and an unexpected email of a pacific nature from the wife of the best friend I'd lost this year. I did finish entering the recording libretto of DEARST ENEMY, so that's ready to go to New World. That took up most of my day.

Great news.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #75 on: December 09, 2012, 03:55:55 PM »

Congrats on the sales.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #76 on: December 09, 2012, 04:00:20 PM »

DR JOHN G, you've had a lot of book signings! Glad it's going so well. Glad to see that some people still buy books.
Well, today didn't go quite as well as last time. We sold about 14 books total in four hours, but the whole turnout for the market was light. Someone said it was because everyone was out Christmas shopping, which I guess meant some place other than a farmers market. Still, we enjoyed talking with people and listening to what they had to say.

I went from the market to a cookie exchange, which was being held by a friend of mine from census bureau days. She had her book for me to sign. When others saw it, I ended up selling an additional seven copies in 20 minutes. Go figure.

― Voltaire

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #77 on: December 09, 2012, 04:01:31 PM »

Finished Amour - very affecting and beautifully done.  Not easy to watch at times in terms of dealing with age, but I really liked it a lot.  And you will see no finer performances that Trintignant and Riva.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #78 on: December 09, 2012, 04:01:41 PM »

Now onto Skyfall.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #79 on: December 09, 2012, 04:02:15 PM »

I have a Sunday ask BK question.

You chose ASCAP to register your songs. Is there a difference registering them with ASCAP over BMI?

Only in that I am an ASCAP and not a BMI writer.

John G.

« Reply #80 on: December 09, 2012, 04:03:13 PM »

DR KevinH, I'm glad we didn't agree to meet tonight for the show. I've had the worst headache since getting up this morning. Sinus pressure, for sure, and nausea. It made keeping my head up a pain.

It also made being nice to everyone a bit of a chore. I think listening to the show tonight would be agony, as much as I would like to see it.
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #81 on: December 09, 2012, 04:03:44 PM »

I want to see Amour. The clips I've seen so far make it look beautiful because of those two actors.
― Voltaire

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #82 on: December 09, 2012, 04:04:53 PM »

And episode three is up and running.  Check it out - here's the direct link:

http://broadwayworld.com/videoplay.php?colid=434614

John G.

« Reply #83 on: December 09, 2012, 04:06:08 PM »

It was 82 during the signing and we were sitting outside in a calming breeze, enjoying the day.

Tonight, it's supposed dropped to 30, so I had to harvest all the fruit, ripe or not, and cover the plants. I think the eggplant is a goner, but I was able to drag some into the house, such as a pepper plant with 9 bell peppers on it in various stages of growth and the basil plant.

I think the impending weather change could have been what caused the headache.
― Voltaire

Jane

« Reply #84 on: December 09, 2012, 04:15:06 PM »

This is cute.
http://www.wimp.com/pigrescue/

Obviously pigs are much smarter than goats.

Jane

« Reply #85 on: December 09, 2012, 04:17:33 PM »

DR JOHN G, you've had a lot of book signings! Glad it's going so well. Glad to see that some people still buy books.
Well, today didn't go quite as well as last time. We sold about 14 books total in four hours, but the whole turnout for the market was light. Someone said it was because everyone was out Christmas shopping, which I guess meant some place other than a farmers market. Still, we enjoyed talking with people and listening to what they had to say.

I went from the market to a cookie exchange, which was being held by a friend of mine from census bureau days. She had her book for me to sign. When others saw it, I ended up selling an additional seven copies in 20 minutes. Go figure.

Wishes your headache doesn't last long.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #86 on: December 09, 2012, 04:27:48 PM »

"Wouldn't you like to be a leper, too?"
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #87 on: December 09, 2012, 04:36:29 PM »

I laughed out loud at the Leper Colony number. Do I detect a subtext to the boys' relationship? What would Charlton Heston think?

Laura

« Reply #88 on: December 09, 2012, 04:39:00 PM »

So, as soon as I knew what the musical was, I stopped the video and looked it up on Wikipedia. Very funny, BK!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #89 on: December 09, 2012, 04:40:20 PM »

I laughed out loud at the Leper Colony number. Do I detect a subtext to the boys' relationship? What would Charlton Heston think?

As you can see, since I don't believe in subtext, we simply made it the TEXT.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Up